Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 67 Shelby GT500 Clone (Page 19)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Clone
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When is it going to be done?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
When is it going to be done?

I'm going to try for mid April when all the cruise nights start up.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen this car from when it was just a beat up runner at a fab ford show at sac race way , then to be sold to the owner of sac mustang, then sold to Kelly ,then to ice man and the car gets better and better each time congrats on the new fast back!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<<Definitely nice to see the fate of this car being a good thing. We've all enjoyed it for sure. I do wish I had the financial integrity to complete her but life sometimes just happens. I'm sure Iceman will treat her well and I can't wait to see her on the pavement.

That being said I'm back in the game! Just picked up a nice little '67 Coupe. Something more in my price range ..Mostly original car with zero rust and zero bondo. ...Litterally grandma's garaged Mustang. It's a runner, carbureted 5.0 conversion with C4. Black plates, wimbledon white exterior, new seat covers, parchment interior, and A/C. I just wanted a little beater and I got more than I bargained for. Very happy! I plan on making this one a nice driver. [Smile] In the next few days here I plan on doing a data plate decode and verifying her origin. ...See you at Red Robin Ice! You better let me park next to ya. [Wink]

[ February 15, 2012, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No worries, Brandon. What are you putting under the hood?

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<<<She's already equipped with a 5.0 roller motor, might spice it up a bit but plan on leaving her a nice driver. Here's a few pics of her in purchased condition. Very nice survivor! One of the best I've seen.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

She looks really clean! What did you have to give for her?

BTW, your Indian feathers hanging from the mirror are a nice interior touch.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ February 19, 2012, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
She looks really clean! What did you have to give for her?

BTW, your Indian feathers hanging from the mirror are a nice interior touch.

I'm an Indian outlaw!? lol, or maybe the last owner was. I think they kept those. ....Definitely got her for a fair price. My purchase helped an 18-year old kid enroll into the firefighting academy as well. Makes me feel good!

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Here are a few interior progress pics. She's coming back together from being totally gutted.

BEFORE:
 -

AFTER:
 -

BEFORE:
 -

AFTER:
 -

DASH PROGRESS:
 -

MORE DASH PROGRESS, CARPET LAID DOWN:
 -

REAR INTERIOR PANELS:
 -

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was that back seat replaced with new chrome also hinges and trim? With new upholstery or was it just replaced?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Was that back seat replaced with new chrome also hinges and trim? With new upholstery or was it just replaced?

The rear fold down was repainted. Then we added new chrome trim and hinges. The seats are all being reupholstered. The entire interior will be basically new/reconditioned.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Funny how all those woodgrain steering wheels break in the same area. Always a 1inch chunk.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Funny how all those woodgrain steering wheels break in the same area. Always a 1inch chunk.

That's definitely coming off. It will be a wood free interior.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
quote:

lol, said with passion. [Wink]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
quote:
quote:

lol, said with passion. [Wink]
More like aversion. I just spent another $500+ on the interior. More new parts getting installed soon!

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

This interior is costing me a small fortune! There are lots of missing parts and things that need to be replaced.

We're still waiting on the new trap door. The dash is complete, carpet is in, seats done, door panels installed. The interior is nearly finished... a little stereo wiring and the new Lecarra steering wheel. I have a C4 being built that should be done next week and the 306 crate engine is on the way from Ford Racing. There's a little hold up on the SSBC brakes but hopefully it will all be here in a couple weeks.

Here are a couple quick progress pics that I grabbed today. The interior should be wrapped up later this weekend.

-

-

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
<<<She's already equipped with a 5.0 roller motor, might spice it up a bit but plan on leaving her a nice driver. Here's a few pics of her in purchased condition. Very nice survivor! One of the best I've seen.

-

-

-

-

-

those rear shackles hanging down just made me throw up in my mouth........just a little bit.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks really nice.
.... I need the upper quarter panels for both sides; for the vent windows (on the inside) 65'

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
This interior is costing me a small fortune! There are lots of missing parts and things that need to be replaced.

We're still waiting on the new trap door. The dash is complete, carpet is in, seats done, door panels installed. The interior is nearly finished... a little stereo wiring and the new Lecarra steering wheel. I have a C4 being built that should be done next week and the 306 crate engine is on the way from Ford Racing. There's a little hold up on the SSBC brakes but hopefully it will all be here in a couple weeks.

Here are a couple quick progress pics that I grabbed today. The interior should be wrapped up later this weekend.

-

-

-

Nice Dave. Surprised to not see you are going with your 427 in it..but I guess with the 306 it will be more of a driver...

Good stuff either way.../

The interior is classic and looks more comfortable than some modern stuff

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

The 427 is for my '65. That car is being built to handle all that power. The '67 will have largely stock suspension and no chassis modifications.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The 427 is for my '65. That car is being built to handle all that power. The '67 will have largely stock suspension and no chassis modifications.

ah...that makes sense

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

ah...that makes sense
Here are a few old pics of the front suspension on the '65...

-

-

-

-

[ March 18, 2012, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

ah...that makes sense
And a few of the chassis reinforcements...

-

-

-

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good so far!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com