Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 67 Shelby GT500 Clone (Page 14)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Clone
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
Since you can go +.100 on a Windsor bore I'm not against the idea of the bigger bore. More cubes is always a good thing, too. [Smile]

This is not a true statement.

These are mass produced blocks. What one guy got away with, the other may not.

Have your machinist, engine shop, engine builder whoever is so properly equipped.......do a SONIC check on the block.

I know, you know this Brandon!

[Smile]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK "MOST WINDSORS" are good for .100". [Wink] ..Casting shift is not a good thing... lol. He checks everything and I trust his word. Most every Windsor he's done so far has checked out good for .100" over. I'll ask him to give me the sonic #'s on this block just for kicks though. [Wink]

I wish I were rich and had an aftermarket block, I'd go with the big-bore setup.

UPDATE: ...I talked to Troy and he will be sonic-checking for me. Just for you Dan. haha

[ June 19, 2011, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a video and another publication from Stang TV involving FPS, (My engine builder) they have some good press for sure. I love what these guys do!

Enjoy!

http://www.stangtv.com/forum/cnc-porting-video-avenger-cylinder-heads-6617.html

http://www.stangtv.com/forum/building-nasty-408ci-sbf-fps-edelbrock-6096.html

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Here's a few updated pics of the car safe at home, and a few shots of the interior sheetmetal in progress.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate you haha dam bro keep up the good work, I love this thing

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Thanks Chavez!

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks solid to me keep up the good work

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks man! I got the reverse lights installed and worked on the floors a little more last night. Started on mounting the front headlamps and realized I only have one of the correct buckets. The other one isn't even close to fitting. Back to the drawing board on that and I hope it doesn't tap my wallet too bad. I already cost myself another $50+ by losing one of my GT500 emblems, now this. Its little things like this that add up an nickel and dime ya to death on these cars.

[ June 06, 2011, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WICKED SS  Ford pictures for WICKED SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks nice!

[patriot]

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1995 Mustang GT 347ci - sold
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<Thanks SS!

Reverse lights are on
 -

Fun-filled evening.... I attacked the front-end on this thing. Come to find out the required headlamp buckets are the low-beam/outer adjusting buckets off of a '69 Mustang. What I didn't know is that a '69 Mustang doesn't have it's own part # for these buckets. It re-uses a '68 Cougar, Fairlane, or some other part # and the left and right are swapped for use on a Mustang. (true story) This made getting a used set difficult because they say L and R but are on the wrong side of the car. ....DAMNIT FORD!! Ok so anyway I figured it all out and got to work on the headlight install.

The front is starting to take shape! [Smile]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That things beautiful..makes me regret sellin my 66 coupe real bad trust me. Witch I have already been regretting it lol..keep it up. [burnout] [worship]
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Thanks man, she's coming along for sure.
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

I hope to get more work done on the car this weekend, we'll see. It's been a busy week.

[ June 11, 2011, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! I admire the amount of meticulous work that is going into this beast! Cant wait to see it on the road [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Thanks '66, I sometimes wish I wasn't so meticulous so I could just throw the thing together and drive it, but I've learned in my previous builds to do it right the first time. It will pay off in the end Im sure.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

OK, had to take some frustrations out on the car. Feels great! [Wink]

Painted the radiator support and all the parts for the front-end. Getting it all ready to install.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! I'm not going to lie, I haven't touched the car in a few weeks, school has been kicking my butt! I hope to get back at things soon. [Smile]

--------------------

ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its ok to take a break lol, especially with all the work you have put into it. Very nice car! It really makes me want to get my own classic.
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<<<Thanks Zinc! Yeah I needed a break, it's been a hectic year with this thing although it has been worth it. I'll get back on her soon. I'm still trying to get the new motor paid for as of right now and my school tuition just doubled so life has been fun to say the least. I'm trying to do the things that wont cost me more money for right now. Unfortunately just about EVERYTHING costs money! Labor is free but the parts and materials are killin me. lol
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Got back to working on the car last night. After a few hours of drilling and re-drilling, and elongating holes, etc, I was able to get the high beam buckets and bracketry fitted to the grill and bolted onto the radiator support. I still have a few things to do before that part is completed but I made some good progress.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did u strip ur radiator support to paint it?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3984 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Yes, Except for the top ledge as you can see in the pic. I will probably be stripping the whole engine bay as well. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to need to modify the top ledge of the radiator support. It's pretty hammered from a previous owner installing hood pins and reshaping it a bit. Might just reshape it back to stock as-possible, sand it smooth, maybe even fill a few spots, etch-prime it, repaint and/or then might install the factory rubber over the top. The Shelby high-beam brackets always stick up a bit anyway, so without modifying them the rubber strip may be the best way to go. I hate covering things up though. We'll see. Some of the minute details will be attended to later.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

The front end on this thing is a royal pain in the ass but it's coming along nicely.

[ August 01, 2011, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

GOOD NEWS as well; the motor should be on its way from FPS next week. [Smile]

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of motor did you decide on? Or is that a secret? [Big Grin]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Page: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com