Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bike to work day (Page 8)

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Bike to work day
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0JEEP:
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i love when bike riders act like they dont have to obey the rules of the road. [burnout]
i dont see how anyone can save money by riding a bike to work. most people would not ride a bike more than 5 miles, that is about 75 cents worth of gas in a mustang. time is money, i am drunk, but i'm pretty sure that makes sense

no shit man they act like they can do what ever the fuck they please. Im sorry but if you can not do the posted speed limit GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY.
I don't care about the speed limit but when they just drive right through stop signs that pisses me off. I've had idiots on bikes do that a lot when i have the right away to go and they should have stopped.
actually they roll through, because it takes bicylists much more effort and energy to stop and then pick up their speed again, if they come to a complete stop. but yea I hate it when you're already at a stop and they just dont even look at you,,, tell me about,, I live and drive in the city, [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0JEEP:
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i love when bike riders act like they dont have to obey the rules of the road. [burnout]
i dont see how anyone can save money by riding a bike to work. most people would not ride a bike more than 5 miles, that is about 75 cents worth of gas in a mustang. time is money, i am drunk, but i'm pretty sure that makes sense

no shit man they act like they can do what ever the fuck they please. Im sorry but if you can not do the posted speed limit GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY.
I don't care about the speed limit but when they just drive right through stop signs that pisses me off. I've had idiots on bikes do that a lot when i have the right away to go and they should have stopped.
actually they roll through, because it takes bicylists much more effort and energy to stop and then pick up their speed again, if they come to a complete stop. but yea I hate it when you're already at a stop and they just dont even look at you,,, tell me about,, I live and drive in the city, [Mad]
they don't roll through here they just keep going like there is no stop sign intersection. If its too much energy for them to stop then they shouldn't be on a bike.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a former bike messenger in S.F. I can say that at least 90% of "those" riders didn't care about rules of the road. I did care but still got hit twice by cars.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
nope, i know the rules of the road thank you very much,

if that were the case why would you suggest that bicylists need to stay out of the road? Because you happen to be in a much larger vehicle? Does that make you feel tough?
quote:

i just wish that they would realize that since i'm bigger than they are, they should be careful of where they ride, instead of acting like they own the road and can ride wherever.

if you were a cyclists you would know there's a reason they act like they "own the road" or whatever. It is unsafe to ride at high speeds next to parked cars/gutters/road debris and traffic that merges.

You sound like the type of guy that will crowd a motorcyclist that is splitting lanes.

quote:

its not am issue of can you, it's an issue of should you.

Wrong again. Cyclists "take" a portion of the lane only when necessary for their safety. And furthermore they have every right to do so. If more drivers behave like you their will be more cyclists packin just to defend themselves from idiots in cars who don't understand the rules of the road.

It is FAR FAR more dangerous in many situations to cower in the gutter on your bike on the road then to move over about 2 feet for a variety of reasons.

quote:

and no i don't care about any reply [patriot]

Good cause here it is anyways. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JoeT:
Wrong again. Cyclists "take" a portion of the lane only when necessary for their safety.

I respectully disagree. I've seen a number of cyclists in left hand turn lanes, and in the middle of traffic lanes when there were crosswalks, and ample room in the bike lanes.

Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. I rode my bike to school from 1st grade up until my sophmore year in high school and NOT ONCE did I EVER use the street lanes. If there was no bike lane, not enough of one, or it was clogged with parked cars or storm debris or whatever, I would use the sidewalk. Why? The answer is quite simple: The laws of physics are > the laws of man.

IMO, cyclists should not be in the street at all unless they have absolutely no other choice. However, this is typically not the case when a cyclist is in the street

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get your engines ready...BIKE TO WORK DAY is next Thursday. I can't wait. I will be borrowing a truck just for this day!!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am interested in doing this but i have a meeting in Auburn on thursdays and it would take me 4 hours to bike there lol

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Get your engines ready...BIKE TO WORK DAY is next Thursday. I can't wait. I will be borrowing a truck just for this day!!!!

That's right! Bike to work day is coming up soon. I've been Bicycle commuting for a long time and I highly recommend it. As for our local raciest KKK guy, team Solo, I would like to thank you for reminding every one of this very important event and I would also like to say that if you are proud to be a KKK dude like I am proud to be a bicycle rider, than show your KKK pride by riding a bicycle while you are wearing your KKK dress through the streets of east Oakland! [patriot]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:

That's right! Bike to work day is coming up soon. I've been Bicycle commuting for a long time and I highly recommend it. As for our local raciest KKK guy, team Solo, I would like to thank you for reminding every one of this very important event and I would also like to say that if you are proud to be a KKK dude like I am proud to be a bicycle rider, than show your KKK pride by riding a bicycle while you are wearing your KKK dress through the streets of east Oakland! [patriot]
WTF?!?!
[Roll Eyes]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bikes take just as much a chance when they are on the road as a car does. Everyone is fair game.

What is lacking is mutual common sense.

I just assume when I'm driving any biker I come across is going to fall in front of my car, run the stop sign, run the red light, cut over to the other side of the street etc. This way I'm already prepared IF that happens.

Same as when I ride my bike. I just assume all drivers are out to kill me so I stay focused and prepared to be cut off, lane hogged, hit or whatever.

Never assume the other guy is going to do the right thing because 90% of the time they wont.

Again this all comes down to common sense and where people were in line when it was getting handed out...the front or the back.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.....As for our local raciest KKK guy, team Solo, ....

I have heard this from several people, both in person and on the board. Is this true?

If it helps this cause, I ride my bike to the gym to work out. Too far to ride to work. ALthough I may get over the altamont faster in the AM
[worship]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
quote:

I have heard this from several people, both in person and on the board. Is this true?

If it helps this cause, I ride my bike to the gym to work out. Too far to ride to work. ALthough I may get over the altamont faster in the AM
[worship]

hes a joking racist which means he secretly does not like black people but when that ass is about to get whooped its a joke to him..
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet,I was wondering when this was coming up,I just hope I dont have to repaint the hood of my truck this year,like I did last year.After the incident where that dude went flying and landed on my hood I dont want that to happen again,I may borrow someones car instead [burnout]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
hes a joking racist

Racism is not a joke, it is serious. [Smile]

quote:
which means he secretly does not like black people
Best friends are DJ and Norm...black and asian...so what does that tell you?

quote:
but when that ass is about to get whooped its a joke to him..
Glad to know I could get under your skin (even though it is not white) Got your PM and crafted a reply just to find out your PM box was full. However, I find it funny that you threatened me when in reality I merely called you a homo for trying to jack a thread where I was selling a car.

Relax hombre...

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
quote:

I am the Grand Dragon of the San Jose chapter. My right hand clansmen is Haulinassmaro.

--------------------

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am the Grand Dragon of the San Jose chapter. My right hand clansmen is Haulinassmaro.
Dude, I am black and Greg once asked me to hang out. When he showed up he had a rope and it was right then that I knew what he meant

[ May 11, 2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: 89 FAKE SNAKE ]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
Sweet,I was wondering when this was coming up,I just hope I dont have to repaint the hood of my truck this year,like I did last year.After the incident where that dude went flying and landed on my hood I dont want that to happen again,I may borrow someones car instead [burnout]

It is unfortunate that You and team Solo have so much hate built up in side for people who have a different skin color, Hobby or life style from that of your own. There are many automotive enthusiasts and professional race car drivers who ride bicycles for fun and fitness, so I'm not alone. Also, learn to judge people on the inside instead of the outside. At the moment, the both of you may have too much hate built up inside for that to happen, but you never know. [Smile]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to jack the thread, it dont matter to me one way or the other your affiliation. I was just curious because it must either be true or a standing joke among the board. Because I have heard it from a few different folks I met up with to buy parts from.

Back to topic.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

It is unfortunate that You and team Solo have so much hate built up in side for people who have a different skin color, Hobby or life style from that of your own. There are many automotive enthusiasts and professional race car drivers who ride bicycles for fun and fitness, so I'm not alone. Also, learn to judge people on the inside instead of the outside. At the moment, the both of you may have too much hate built up inside for that to happen, but you never know. [Smile]
okay that sounded about as gay as riding oyur bike to work day
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
quote:
quote:

okay that sounded about as gay as riding oyur bike to work day
I also know alot of gay guys and gals that I respect highly. [patriot] If I was religious, I would pray for you, but since I'm not, I can only hope that you can some day turn yourself around. I have persoanlly seen people who have some how seen the light and walked away from the circle of hate, so even though it is hard to belive, there is hope for you.
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my bike has a flat, so im gonna drive the cobra to work and not the toyota just on that day. thank you

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

okay that sounded about as gay as riding your bike to work day
I also know alot of gay guys and gals that I respect highly. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
somehow this doesnt suprise me one bit [Roll Eyes]
1kdragin5.0
¯
Member # 6176

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 1kdragin5.0  Ford pictures for 1kdragin5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[worship]

[ May 12, 2006, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: 1kdragin5.0 ]

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 1kdragin5.0:
quote:

[worship]
Well who let the klan out of the bag? 42 posts and no one has questioned your login ID eh 1kdragin5.0?

1k = grand...

you guys figure out the rest.

Wow, the San Jose Chapter and the Union City Chapter all in one thread. [Eek!]

--------------------

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1kdragin5.0:
quote:

[worship]
Well who let the klan out of the bag? 42 posts and no one has questioned your login ID eh 1kdragin5.0?

1k = grand...

you guys figure out the rest.

Wow, the San Jose Chapter and the Union City Chapter all in one thread. [Eek!]

[Eek!]

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com