Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » FORD vs CHEVY ! ! ! (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: FORD vs CHEVY ! ! !
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sounds like a plan to me. I think we will get our list filled as there are 3 cars I have yet to put up so I am rpetty sur ewe have at least 20 now and still a month to go before the event.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
To keep this within the scope of our original intentions for this even I will not be adding anyone on our side that is not a regular poster/member of Norcal-LS1/LT1. I have all kinds of people with super fast Chevy's wanting to sign up yet hey have never even been to our site than that IMO is not within the spirit of the race.

Just a heads up for all you Ford guys so you know our intent and this doesnt become extremely lopsided as i have a feeling it is going to.

Good call on this one Justin. I was starting to think that Nor Cal was going to turn shady on us. What was I thinking??? [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If someone can pull strings and get my cageless vert through tech I will trailer it up from Los Angeles to play with the chevy guys. Just got of the dyno and the car is running real good at 14psi.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
If someone can pull strings and get my cageless vert through tech I will trailer it up from Los Angeles to play with the chevy guys. Just got of the dyno and the car is running real good at 14psi.

A race for fun isn't worth risking your life. If I got you through tech and something happened to you,I would feel responsible. Why don't you come out to spectate, support your team, and enjoy the company of other car ethusiasts. [patriot] It's going to be a fun day. [Smile]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
That sounds like a plan to me. I think we will get our list filled as there are 3 cars I have yet to put up so I am rpetty sur ewe have at least 20 now and still a month to go before the event.

Is getting 20 cars a problem for you guys? Want me to start talking smack to some of your people and get them riled up and ready to race? [Big Grin]

Also, don't be too worried about our list 5 weeks before the race... I think 6-10 of the cars on that list aren't even in track-worthy condition right now.

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey sawson if u want to add my name to the list i should have mine running by then and running low 12's and if i get the bottle then mid 11's! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yeah the car is a white 97 gt all motor so far [Wink]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Also, don't be too worried about our list 5 weeks before the race... I think 6-10 of the cars on that list aren't even in track-worthy condition right now.

Good point. Another 6-10 cars will be broke down by then so a list of 40 cars should be good. [Smile]

[ May 08, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Red C5 ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Exactly! [patriot]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i have been posting on cafords for a while but it looked as though you were allowing only fords to compete.i have had plenty of fords but currently i dont own one.my brother has 2 and my other brother has 80 does that count [Big Grin] .....if you decide its kewl to have a GM run in the race hit me up... [patriot]

like i said im not really into that ford vs. chevy thing ............just looking to race.

[ May 08, 2003, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: HaulnAssMaro ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1slowlx's name is albert and his car is red, now you can get rid of those ?? marks
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My name is Albert and my car is red. IT should be going real soon going to drop in the engine next week and then get it tunned. [worship]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just as an update I am doing my head gaskets, subframes, headers, catback, and gears tomarrow, should be in the 13s without any problems, so if you need a high 13 second car maybe even mid 13s by the event I would love to run.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
Just as an update I am doing my head gaskets, subframes, headers, catback, and gears tomarrow, should be in the 13s without any problems, so if you need a high 13 second car maybe even mid 13s by the event I would love to run.

Sounds like you would be a good match up for me. Good luck with the car. [patriot]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red C5:
quote:

Sounds like you would be a good match up for me. Good luck with the car. [patriot]
Haha, yeah, this could be a good race....

14.4 @ 97 vs. 14.4 @ 127 [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Red C5:
quote:

Haha, yeah, this could be a good race....

14.4 @ 97 vs. 14.4 @ 127 [Razz] [Wink]

What am I missing??? 14.4 @ 127!?!?! thats nuts! but I will run you [Big Grin] I lose a lot so one more never hurt, besides if you really run a 14.4 we should be a great match.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MY CAR IS MINERAL GREY. SO NOW YOU CAN FIX THE ?? DEALS.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

biggmatt
¯
Member # 1124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmatt  Ford pictures for biggmatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris M.:
quote:
Originally posted by big matt:
i will be there too, so sign me up
matt l
79 pace car
331 afr's

no nitrous?
maybe, if ineed to use it
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like i am #30...gives me a boot. have fun and good luck out there guys!

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:

Not at all. Over 5 people on that list don't even have their cars running yet. A lot can happen in 4+ weeks. We'll have a good idea of Team Ford and Team Chevy around June 10th I think.
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:

Don't feel bad I am #31 and no one is under me :-( I am always in last place. But I still run every chance I get :-) I am going for a record of my own anyways I had 6 straight .5** lights lsat time out and I am going for 7 straight next time.

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson....I was 17th on the list and now I'm 27th. How come?
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
leaving for sears in an hour and ill get back with my time.. what is 25th place time? hopfully still in the 14's?? [Frown]
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I run 13.6 2.260ft on street tires at 104.8 wonder what I will do with the slicks in my garage??? I will definatley be there if I stay on the list!!!
Ill come and watch if not!! No big deal!! [Big Grin]

[ May 14, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: IKE ]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wether your on the list or not its still a grudge night open to anyone. I would like to see this orginized a little better. Instead of finding the person your supposed to run and then run them sometime during the night. We are getting our own lane and we should orginize this better and let whoever wants to run run. If there are more fords running then let the fords that are close in ET run each other. I just think we should take full advantage of having our own lane and supporting everyone that wants to run in the 'event' Just my 2cents.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com