Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » FORD vs CHEVY ! ! ! (Page 9)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: FORD vs CHEVY ! ! !
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Wether your on the list or not its still a grudge night open to anyone. I would like to see this orginized a little better. Instead of finding the person your supposed to run and then run them sometime during the night. We are getting our own lane and we should orginize this better and let whoever wants to run run. If there are more fords running then let the fords that are close in ET run each other. I just think we should take full advantage of having our own lane and supporting everyone that wants to run in the 'event' Just my 2cents.

I think he has a very good idea, we need to pair up and make our runs with a little more of a system of who we are running. This will be a fun night and I am going to race regardless of if I make the list, which I doubt I will. But I would perfer to run in the same lane as my other CAFORDS friends even if my car isn't fast enough.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Wether your on the list or not its still a grudge night open to anyone. I would like to see this orginized a little better. Instead of finding the person your supposed to run and then run them sometime during the night. We are getting our own lane and we should orginize this better and let whoever wants to run run. If there are more fords running then let the fords that are close in ET run each other. I just think we should take full advantage of having our own lane and supporting everyone that wants to run in the 'event' Just my 2cents.

Sounds good to me.....I looked at the Nor-Cal LS1 list and it isn't even full yet! But perhaps it isn't updated? [Confused]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't worry Heather your on my Ford vs. Ford list [Smile]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LOL Is that a private list you are referring to?

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
quote:

LOL Is that a private list you are referring to?
Yup [Smile]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ray95:
Sawson....I was 17th on the list and now I'm 27th. How come?

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Don't worry too much about the rankings. They're not set in stone since its only a rough list. They will be finalized at the day of the race.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So do we need a time to join this? or can we just show up and get our first times then?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang12s  Ford pictures for 67stang12s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a list with their times or hp/tq too
because even though i see alot nitrous and superchargers i kinda see the alot of ls1s with heads and cam that should be running low 13s pretty easy so basically how do we match?

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
So do we need a time to join this? or can we just show up and get our first times then?

Basicly, if you haven't timed your car at the track before, and you show up on radials, chances are good you'll run 13's so you'll get ranked acordingly. Look at the list we have.... 20 power adder V8's. It will become a traction contest [Eek!] No doubt those at the head of the pack will be using drag-racing optimized tires.

So to answer your question directly....... once you get paired up with your Chevy opponent on June 14th, talk to the guy and work out how many practice runs (if any) you'll do when you two will race. All the Norcal-LS1.com guys are cool and I'm sure you guys can plan something out that works for both parties.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We might be there with slicks and skinnies. i doubt we'll be in the 13s unless we have REALLY bad traction problems.

[ May 14, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
We might be there with slicks and skinnies. i doubt we'll be in the 13s unless we have REALLY bad traction problems.

You're expecting high 10s to low 11s.
Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint  Ford pictures for Saint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it to late to enter me and my car? If not send me a pm cuase id really like to run.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by Saint:
Is it to late to enter me and my car? If not send me a pm cuase id really like to run.

Not at all. Just reply to this post with your:

Board Name / Real Name --Car Color and Description

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I could be there on slicks kicking chevy ass!

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, Norcal-LS1 updated their list:

http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/GM%20Main.htm

Looks like some good racing will be going on June 14th [burnout]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there some inside joke/info or why is a 'stockish' mid 12 second transmaro #2 over there? Is it really a turbo 'busa or what? [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
Is there some inside joke/info or why is a 'stockish' mid 12 second transmaro #2 over there? Is it really a turbo 'busa or what? [patriot]

They are not in order of fastest to slowest.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint  Ford pictures for Saint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saint-Mike Red-Blown 91 Mustang
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope I still can make it out because I am having problems with my engine and it isn't even in the car
Albert

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
I hope I still can make it out because I am having problems with my engine and it isn't even in the car
Albert

dont feel bad my motor aint in my car yet either

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO> My motor was just dropped again today so, I am with you all. Pushing to get it done! Hurry, hurry, hurry.... [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
-Matt
Milesblown03> Rest In Peace 12/08/02

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
12sec_Stock Freak
¯
Member # 1580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12sec_Stock Freak  Ford pictures for 12sec_Stock Freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

It is a WS6 thay say stockish because it is and it aint #2 fast but will roll on alot of folks and Scare the shit out of a lot of other pepole [burnout]

--------------------
Best ET (bonestock): 12.66 Best MPH: 111.98 Best 60': 1.967
2002 dyno: 327.1 rwhp 343.2 rwtq - bonestock
Winner GM West Coast Shootout - Stock Radial Tire class, 2002[/size]

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't know how well i can trust the g-tech things, but i ran 3 passes of 13.7 with it.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
Albert

what kind of problems?
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TEA sent me the wrong heads and when I got them I didn't even look at them I just took them to the machine shop to get the motor done. The heads they sent me have no air injection holes. I wrote them an email and I left them a message on friday. I am going to get in touch with them tomorrow but I have a bad feeling that they won't care. The part number on my invoice is different than what the heads are. [Mad] . The motor was suppose to be in today but now it is still in my garage waiting. I am going to ask them to pay for eveything so the heads can be taken off and put on. I can put the heads on myself but why since I payed to have it done they should pay also.
Albert [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Page: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com