Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » FORD vs CHEVY ! ! ! (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: FORD vs CHEVY ! ! !
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully pick up some tires later this month. My 60' on that was 2.1 I think.
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
send GM's finest 10-bolt and half shafts heading for the stands? [Whoo Whooooo!]

I should be back up there on Wednesday if you want to come up and give me some more pointers. This was the 4th time at the track in my life. So yeah, I suck.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who said anything about that? I've never offered word one of a suggestion to you FYI. Keep on keepin' on. [patriot]

[ May 02, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
send GM's finest 10-bolt, half shafts, and T-56 parts heading for the stands? [Whoo Whooooo!]

Damnit, Joe, keep quiet!
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
Keep on keepin' on. [patriot]

What?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never said you suck. keep on tearing it up out there. [Razz]

--------------------

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know if it was me...but i didnt see 5.0Brian on that list....hes a friend, and i know he runs 12s..was it just me and i didnt see his??? [Confused]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Hey, Red C5- What is your best mph to date? I need a goal to beat...

[Cool]

So is that your new goal? [Smile]
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Tell anyone you know with a mustang that has a 12.99 or faster timeslip in their glove box to sign up [Big Grin] [worship] [burnout]

I think anyone who ran on McCreary's and 10-holes to a few 13.7s or 13.8s from 2-3 years ago will be good enough too [Big Grin]

RedC5: can't wait to see who gets to run you. Heard you're good for a mid 11 now [Big Grin] maybe I'll be the lucky one in the other lane that gets to spray on you [patriot]

Shady, I just noticed you are number 4 on the list. No way would I get paired up with you.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I'm hardly #4, that sounds like bush-economics. Probably more like #8 [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Sawson has been smokin something. The list is not in order. [Smile]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Looks good to me. [Smile] Although I do not understand why Red C5 is not on the list [Confused] [Confused]
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chevy guys have to sign up over on Nor-cal. Did you buy a Ford [Wink]
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Chevy guys have to sign up over on Nor-cal. Did you buy a Ford [Wink]

I do own a FORD. I drive it 6 days a week. It's a Taurus, and it's probably faster than half the cars on this site. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

What do the winners of this event get?
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Nothing, Just the respect [Smile]
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Nothing, Just the respect [Smile]

Respect?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RedC5,
I think you & I would be a good match for this race. I don't plan on running slicks or skinnies... Just the DR's I use for the street.
Our MPH is fairly close....as is our ET & 60fts.
I don't really like the thought of running against an Auto LS1 with slicks that launches on the juice. I just can't match 1.5 60fts...& we all know ET is in the first 60 feet.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Shaun I think you'll get smoked, unless you bring a drag radial [Big Grin]

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red C5:
I do own a FORD. I drive it 6 days a week. It's a Taurus, and it's probably faster than half the cars on this site. [Whoo Whooooo!]

The irony of this is I do own a chevy, drive it 6 days a week and I guarantee you it's faster than your Taurus. What now? [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
RedC5,
I think you & I would be a good match for this race. I don't plan on running slicks or skinnies... Just the DR's I use for the street.
Our MPH is fairly close....as is our ET & 60fts.
I don't really like the thought of running against an Auto LS1 with slicks that launches on the juice. I just can't match 1.5 60fts...& we all know ET is in the first 60 feet.

I like your thinking Shaun. Have you made that 11 second pass you've been looking for? I wasn't planning on running skinnies either and wouldn't want to race a Mustang that pulls of 1.5 60' all day long. Maybe we'll get lucky. [Smile]
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Red C5:

The irony of this is I do own a chevy, drive it 6 days a week and I guarantee you it's faster than your Taurus. What now? [Whoo Whooooo!]
Irony at it's finest. Now nothing, I couldn't care less about the Taurus. It's lucky I change the oil every few months. [BS flag]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

mine weighs over 5000#'s, should be a fair match unless that's a Taurus SHO [Big Grin]

--------------------

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

My Tahoe is faster than the Tuarus. It is not a SHO.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled02GT??:
i dont know if it was me...but i didnt see 5.0Brian on that list....hes a friend, and i know he runs 12s..was it just me and i didnt see his??? [Confused]

Did I miss his reply? I didn't see him asking to be put on the participant list? [Confused]

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com