Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » California housing prices (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: California housing prices
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
We just sold a house in Concord that was a rental for a long time...never updated and was in less than decent shape. It was in a good neighborhood and had lots of room (4br / 3ba and two family rooms, one upstairs and one down. 2500sq ft.) it went for 620k and wasn't even on the mls. Someone just asked if we wanted to sell. Definitely some rich people plot there with money to spend. I would never have bought that house for that much.

Tony, there is another house that's close to us that just sold for $620K and its half the size of yours with two bedrooms and one bathroom but it's on an acre
I would love to be on a full acre. But those are hard to come by in Concord.
There are few homes by my house that have a full acre

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:
I was looking at properties last year on zillow or whatever it was. Price range of 250k...the same properties are going for 350k this year. So, what does that tell you? Economy has little to no growth- wages are not changing. The government knows this...they are not raising interest rates. But the greed is still there.

I would love to find my same house size and property in my neighborhood for $250K-$350K

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I was looking at properties last year on zillow or whatever it was. Price range of 250k...the same properties are going for 350k this year. So, what does that tell you? Economy has little to no growth- wages are not changing. The government knows this...they are not raising interest rates. But the greed is still there.

I would love to find my same house size and property in my neighborhood for $250K-$350K
I can't afford 620k... I went on zillow and started my search at 250k... I guess zillow turned out to be a B.S. site. It was on the news a while back.
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe, I should start restoring fox bodies and painting them all black. With black interiors. Maybe then- I can afford a decent house.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:
Maybe, I should start restoring fox bodies and painting them all black. With black interiors. Maybe then- I can afford a decent house.

Lol, they have to come from the factory that way

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Lee, finally someone realized your secret to being able to live in concord, no wonder i seen all those black spray cans and black interior dye kits at your house the last time i was there. But back on topic, for the people waiting for the market to crash like last time is crazy, there will be a market correction like history shows us, but the same people that are waiting will probably be the same people that cant afford to get in, and still are complaining about it because the prices are still going to be the same or higher than they are today when that happens. My advice is to get in to something that you can AFFORD even if it means lowering you standards so you can start building equity and then upgrade in the future.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
quote:

My advice is to get in to something that you can AFFORD even if it means lowering you standards so you can start building equity and then upgrade in the future.
BINGO
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
quote:

Lee, finally someone realized your secret to being able to live in concord, no wonder i seen all those black spray cans and black interior dye kits at your house the last time i was there. But back on topic, for the people waiting for the market to crash like last time is crazy, there will be a market correction like history shows us, but the same people that are waiting will probably be the same people that cant afford to get in, and still are complaining about it because the prices are still going to be the same or higher than they are today when that happens. My advice is to get in to something that you can AFFORD even if it means lowering you standards so you can start building equity and then upgrade in the future.
It's Obama's fault, he caused the housing market to climb again
[Mad]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The search continues...
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its pretty bad. my (old) neighbor bought their home in 2011 for 240k and sold it last month for 465k! I live in Holbrook Heights area for reference not even in the expensive part of Concord. It was a 3/2 ~1300sqft with minor facelift in kitchen, bathrooms and garage. New HVAC, house rewired and 200amp panel.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my house for 160.. just refinanced it and it appraised for 270.. crazy..100k in 3yrs. I'm just gonna keep saving until it falls apart again and buy another..

[ 2015-10-26, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
I bought my house for 160.. just refinanced it and it appraised for 270.. crazy..100k in 3yrs. I'm just gonna keep saving until it falls apart again and buy another..

if you bought within the past 2-4 years you're sitting on some good ass gains.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:

I bought when the market was totally shit..... so actually It might have been about 4 years.. man time goes by fast..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bought when the market was totally shit..... so actually It might have been about 4 years.. man time goes by fast..
yah back then, there were mostly foreclosures and shortsales w/ majority of the properties just sitting around cuz ppl were overly cautious on buying. today, the tables are turned....sellers are making a huge profit w/ a lot of leverage since the buying pool is far greater than what is available in the market.

in my hood, there are 62 single family home listings with 41 of them already locked up...thats one fucked market if you're looking to compete w/ the chinese that are throwing down some major dough if not 100%.

enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjXUBMkkE8

[ 2015-10-26, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjXUBMkkE8 [/QB]

Saw this the other day. Terrible.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i look forward to selling my house to the Chinese after retirement and taking this california pension to where i can peacefully live in freedom.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:
enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjXUBMkkE8

Saw this the other day. Terrible. [/QB]
nice video
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be raising the rent for my property in Hayward when the least expires by $500 per month...I can't wait! [Cool]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by SVTGhoust:
I will be raising the rent for my property in Hayward when the least expires by $500 per month...I can't wait! [Cool]

im sorta in the same boat w/ my tenant...might want to read about proper procedures on notifying them of a rent increase depending on the lease term.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/lt-2.shtml

[ 2015-10-29, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, when I start to hate living in the Sacramento area, threads like his remind me why I am happy to. I pay $2500 in rent for a 3900 sq ft house on almost an acre in Roseville....and same house plan sold in the low 500s last month. I plan on buying this one next year for less than that if all works out, so I hope the market rises so I can make some equity back quick!

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
Damn, when I start to hate living in the Sacramento area, threads like his remind me why I am happy to. I pay $2500 in rent for a 3900 sq ft house on almost an acre in Roseville....and same house plan sold in the low 500s last month. I plan on buying this one next year for less than that if all works out, so I hope the market rises so I can make some equity back quick!

Sounds like that house would be cheaper to own than rent.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Question to those in Sacramento...

How is 99 in the morning commute and evening? Let's say from Elk Grove to West Sac.

Just getting ideas.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

How is 99 in the morning commute and evening? Let's say from Elk Grove to West Sac.

Just getting ideas.

Depends on what hours. I have co workers that come from Elk Grove to downtown for the 730am shift and the commute is 20 or so min I believe.

[ 2015-10-29, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:

Sounds like that house would be cheaper to own than rent.
Wise words.

I would seriously look into purchasing in Sacramento area if you are already paying $2,500 for rent there.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

Just getting ideas.

Depends on what hours. I have co workers that come from Elk Grove to downtown for the 730am shift and the commute is 20 or so min I believe.
It would be somewhere around the 8-5. That doesn't seem bad at all. I heard 99 was terrible. Hmmm

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com