Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » California housing prices (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: California housing prices
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnstang97:
This is not the market to buy right now, obviously. Renting is not even an option either in certain areas. My wife and I had to renew our rental lease for another year, at a price we don't like, but it's what we have to pay, to stay in the local bay area. I grew up here. My family is here. But we can't move across the bay even though our rent is higher than most mortgage out there. Sucks.

Sorry, that's my rant.

so true....rental market sucks but id rather be stuck in that short term than to feel pressured to buy now just cuz that seems like the thing to do right now w/ all the deep pocket investors coming in.
buddy of mine at work lease is due to expire any day now in santa clara and is looking at a 3.5k rent for a small 3/2 in a good school district..hes now looking to buy in livermore where home pricing is reasonable relative to how good the school district is. priced at $700-800k for a 1300-1800sqft home ...insane. i dont blame ppl who are starting out for moving out of the area cuz cost of living here just simply sucks.

Yeah I am border San Jose/Santa Clara and that's what it is here. I lived in Livermore for over a year and commuted to SJ everyday. I refuse to ever do that again. Was gone from 6-6 everyday if I was lucky.
my buddy is prepared to do that lol. gonna be taking ace train to great america parkway and then shuttle it. no matter how u do it on that commute, you'll be sitting for at least an hr each way. theyre ramping up a lot of condo development right in santa clara/sunnyvale to help accomodate those that are priced out of a house but shiet...you're still spending 700k on up for a condo.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought I was prepared for it too and was. But after about a year, it started to really affect me. Ended up moving back after about a year and a half. I think the rent prices in the South Bay are absolutely ridiculous but I am willing to pay it for a short period.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of People who are in the Bay Area are house poor. I couldn't imagine a 600-800k+ Loan that you only can make minimum payments on over 30 years. You're really paying like 1.5mill I believe.

[ 2016-03-23, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
A lot of People who are in the Bay Area are house poor. I couldn't imagine a 600-800k+ Loan that you only can make minimum payments on over 30 years. You're really paying like 1.5mill I believe.

that right there is for dumb folks that want to make it appear theyre balling. you gotta figure to be able to qualify for that amount youd have to be making a decent salary in the 200-300k range(rough estimate). sadly, making a decent salary doesnt automatically exclude you from the dumb list.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

Seriously. A relative who lives in San Fransisco recently lost her apartment due to a huge rent increase that simply made it impossible for her to pay. She was already living paycheck to paycheck and barely able to get by. They wanted $3200 a month and she literally lived across the street from the projects and had bums sleeping on her porch every other night.

Here is what an $800k house looks like in Granite Bay, Arguably the nicest area around here, http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5195-Parkford-Cir_Granite-Bay_CA_95746_M13343-93911.

Compared to this 100 year old hole in the wall 2 br/1 bath in San Fransisco for the same price:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/347A-Corbett-Ave_San-Francisco_CA_94114_M20977-05057

Just crazy what people are willing to fork out to live in the Bay Area. Only way to comfortably live in the Bay Area is if youre making atleast $150k a year.

[ 2016-03-23, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get some much house and property when living far out. My grandfather owns a house in North Oakland right next to Brekeley, 2 bed 2 bath no garage street parking and he's starting off with $ 700k.

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by sofresh:
Get some much house and property when living far out. My grandfather owns a house in North Oakland right next to Brekeley, 2 bed 2 bath no garage street parking and he's starting off with $ 700k.

as the saying goes...location location location.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate that my family lost my grandparents house in oakland hills a few years back it would've been paid off 3 years ago. when my grandma had it up for sale it was going for damn near 600k back in 2007.

on the other hand my great grandma house which was next door, sold for that much during that time, they cut to Alabama brought 3 big ass houses compared to that one in the hills.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Prices are definitely on the rise right now. I've been considering selling and upgrading but if you sell high, you have to expect to buy high as well. Not really a good time to buy as its a seller's market.

If you do decide to buy, specifically in the immediate bay area, be prepared to bid over asking AND show that you have a lot of cash in the bank that you're willing to hand over in the event that the house you want doesn't appraise for the price you offered.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
<-----Been here all my life in Cali. Bouncing out of this pay with your arm and leg economy in about 2-3 years. It's only getting worse especially here in the peninsula. Google, Facebook ect are driving the bay area economy out of this world. Local people who were born and raised in the area are selling their homes and those top payed recruited from abroad engineers making $100-$200 G's a year are buying them out if not the Chinese who are coming over from China over bidding on properties for sale.

Man you're not kidding, my mother in law lives in San carlos and has since the early 70's. homes in her neighborhood are being bought for well over $1,000,000 in some cases neighboring house for atleast a mil each then they're all getting demo'd and having these huge homes being built. the whole town has gone through a transformation now catering to the rich.

I look at her basic house now valued at 1.2 million and think who in the fuck would pay that?

I guess i shouldn't be surprised, even my modest home in an OK neighbor hood of vallejo has now more then doubled what I paid in 2009

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
<-----Been here all my life in Cali. Bouncing out of this pay with your arm and leg economy in about 2-3 years. It's only getting worse especially here in the peninsula. Google, Facebook ect are driving the bay area economy out of this world. Local people who were born and raised in the area are selling their homes and those top payed recruited from abroad engineers making $100-$200 G's a year are buying them out if not the Chinese who are coming over from China over bidding on properties for sale.

Man you're not kidding, my mother in law lives in San carlos and has since the early 70's. homes in her neighborhood are being bought for well over $1,000,000 in some cases neighboring house for atleast a mil each then they're all getting demo'd and having these huge homes being built. the whole town has gone through a transformation now catering to the rich.

I look at her basic house now valued at 1.2 million and think who in the fuck would pay that?

I guess i shouldn't be surprised, even my modest home in an OK neighbor hood of vallejo has now more then doubled what I paid in 2009

thats all over the peninsula bro...the rich folks are taking over and pushing the ghetto further inland. LOL
i was driving through cupertino earlier this week after lunch through a hood that appeared to be pretty basic full of your typical rancher 1500sqft-2k sqft style home. typical value was in the 2.1-2.5M range. insane

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lets be honest, im down with pushing the ghetto inland. kinda glad they are being out priced on houses and foxbodys

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
lets be honest, im down with pushing the ghetto inland. kinda glad they are being out priced on houses and foxbodys

easy to say if you're on the right side of the fence.lol other side are the folks that are crying that many areas like SF are being gentrified. its a tough situation..im all for increasing property values but also see the need to have a good blend in the demographics.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Build a wall to keep all the ghettos out
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the gentrification of west oakland has been quite a blessing tho lol. pros are far outweighing the cons for me. affordable apartments for some i can agree with but houses are now a luxury here.

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Build a wall to keep all the ghettos out

be prepared they are moving inland!

--------------------
The anti-crew

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just bought a 1700sq ft home on a 7000sq ft lot for 180k in the valley and houses are getting snatched up super fast. sellers are taking lower investor CASH offers over FHA and conventional loans alot of people will get desprate and settle instead of holding out for the house that suits them

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com