Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » California housing prices (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: California housing prices
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you own property in the Bay Area better not let it go! That's a money maker for years to come.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. 80 minute each way commutes, FTW.
2. Moving way out of the Bay Area because it's not crowded and there is no traffic but you sit in it twice a day to get to and from, FTW.
3. LOL @ 160k dollar a year people paying $5500 a month for rent, I call absolute BS unless there are two salaries making 160k each in that household and even then that's a stretch.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
2. Moving way out of the Bay Area because it's not crowded and there is no traffic but you sit in it twice a day to get to and from, FTW.
3. LOL @ 160k dollar a year people paying $5500 a month for rent, I call absolute BS unless there are two salaries making 160k each in that household and even then that's a stretch.

100 grand plus in student loans will make you broke quick.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:

5500 total rent split between two people in North Beach....SF aint cheap...at all ... not to mention the 340 a month for a parking spot. heck average rent is at 3100 right now for 1 bedroom.

[ 2015-10-23, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But the bonus of my position is I get to work from home regularly 3 days a week. Love me some tech industry.

P.S. Any java/scala devs in need of work and know about network packet processing...hit me up I have a couple of open positions.

[ 2015-10-23, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
If you own property in the Bay Area better not let it go! That's a money maker for years to come.

on the other hand its very attractive to unload for a profit especialy if u bought a few years ago.
definitely feel sorry for the folks being priced out of this market...there are boonies waiting for you out there.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit i never though that i would be driving an hour each way but i dont mine since i work apposite hour to the traffic. the fact that my kids are happy and im not stressing trying to pay a home loan and wife can take a few years off to take care of the kids is a dream come through to me. i pay what people pay for a studio here in the bay. i work in hospital and nurses struggle to pay around here even work two jobs at 65 an hour a piece, but what i do notice is people spend more when they make more.
Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
<-----Been here all my life in Cali. Bouncing out of this pay with your arm and leg economy in about 2-3 years. It's only getting worse especially here in the peninsula. Google, Facebook ect are driving the bay area economy out of this world. Local people who were born and raised in the area are selling their homes and those top payed engineers making $100-$200 G's a year are buying them out if not the Chinese who are coming over from China over bidding on properties for sale.

I work in the industry, most people I know are making north of 140k and are still having a hard time buying at these prices. Engineers are starting to be priced out of the market due to overseas investors.

A couple of senior engineers that work for me, make $160k and have to be roommates to live in decent sized place in SF. I think their rent is $5500 a month.

Me personally, I live in Livermore and commute 80 minutes each way to SF just to have A) space and B) at a somewhat reasonable price.

And C) endless growlers of Altamont Beer Works!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
quote:
<-----Been here all my life in Cali. Bouncing out of this pay with your arm and leg economy in about 2-3 years. It's only getting worse especially here in the peninsula. Google, Facebook ect are driving the bay area economy out of this world. Local people who were born and raised in the area are selling their homes and those top payed engineers making $100-$200 G's a year are buying them out if not the Chinese who are coming over from China over bidding on properties for sale.

I work in the industry, most people I know are making north of 140k and are still having a hard time buying at these prices. Engineers are starting to be priced out of the market due to overseas investors.

A couple of senior engineers that work for me, make $160k and have to be roommates to live in decent sized place in SF. I think their rent is $5500 a month.

Me personally, I live in Livermore and commute 80 minutes each way to SF just to have A) space and B) at a somewhat reasonable price.

Drinking that right now! lol

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my house in Antioch back in June. My neighborhood is super quiet , three car garage , pool , five bedrooms , three baths 7k sq feet. I commute to the city but its been a small price to pay. Theres a bart station being built down the street from my house .... So grateful I bought when i did. And yes there are some good neighborhoods in Antioch and there are some shit ones also. All i know is my Coyote is warm in the garage and I have room for something else also.
Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
shit i never though that i would be driving an hour each way but i dont mine since i work apposite hour to the traffic. the fact that my kids are happy and im not stressing trying to pay a home loan and wife can take a few years off to take care of the kids is a dream come through to me. i pay what people pay for a studio here in the bay. i work in hospital and nurses struggle to pay around here even work two jobs at 65 an hour a piece, but what i do notice is people spend more when they make more.

Yep it's not how much you make. It's about was you can save. Some people have no self control.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

Yep it's not how much you make. It's about was you can save. Some people have no self control.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We just sold a house in Concord that was a rental for a long time...never updated and was in less than decent shape. It was in a good neighborhood and had lots of room (4br / 3ba and two family rooms, one upstairs and one down. 2500sq ft.) it went for 620k and wasn't even on the mls. Someone just asked if we wanted to sell. Definitely some rich people plot there with money to spend. I would never have bought that house for that much.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
We just sold a house in Concord that was a rental for a long time...never updated and was in less than decent shape. It was in a good neighborhood and had lots of room (4br / 3ba and two family rooms, one upstairs and one down. 2500sq ft.) it went for 620k and wasn't even on the mls. Someone just asked if we wanted to sell. Definitely some rich people plot there with money to spend. I would never have bought that house for that much.

Tony, there is another house that's close to us that just sold for $620K and its half the size of yours with two bedrooms and one bathroom but it's on an acre

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing to look into if you qualify (and arent into making money off a house) is a BMR home (below market rate). There are several lotteries out for these all over the bay area. Other than that, it takes a fat down payment fair credit (645 and up) and a six figure income with a low debt to income ratio (which is where someone said, make more money buy more things). Not a whole lot of people have that, especially the down, which is atleast a 100k, layin around. Well, there is a money gift donation from family, but even that is next to nothing.

Save money folks, if possible, but its the bay area so thats definitely hard.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oakland landlord is getting major heat for raising rent 3X lol
http://blog.oaklandxings.com/2015/06/lakeshore-avenue-landlord-raises-monthly-rent-from-1080-to-3870-to-force-tenants-out/

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Oakland landlord is getting major heat for raising rent 3X lol
http://blog.oaklandxings.com/2015/06/lakeshore-avenue-landlord-raises-monthly-rent-from-1080-to-3870-to-force-tenants-out/

$4000 a month to live in an apartment in Oakland?

Yeah. Screw that shit. I'll gladly take a mansion in the suburbs for that same price.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of the reasons why we plan on moving back to Sacramento in a few years - you're close enough to Tahoe, Napa, the Bay for day trips, but pay half to a third for the housing and living costs.

There's always the option to live and work in an area that's more affordable, but it comes at another price - location. We're in SE Michigan and I commute to Toledo for work for the next three years, but the cost of living for what we have out here would be probably double, or close to it, if working/living in the Bay. And the kicker is that the salaries aren't that much different. Shit, one of the guys I'm working with is almost finished with the program, just interviewed for a job in SE Ohio, rural as hell, but that's the point - they offered him $450k/yr at 14 days/month - cause nobody wants to live or work there...

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Currently live in the Bay Area but commute to Lathrop for work. The 72 mile commute is not that bad tho said nobody ever.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
quote:

Drinking that right now! lol
Jelly!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This market isn't crashing any time soon. People are buying these homes with real money this time. Not like last time it crashed where anyone could acquire a loan. I got my condo in 2010 in San Bruno at the bottom. Good luck to all searching my condo is about 2.5 times higher than the purchase price now [Big Grin]
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO...
the housing market is like cafords. Someone buys a black on black fox body. For $750...resells it to his buddy for $1500. That guy puts a B.S. motor in it. Or not and posts it for $2800. The next guy says wow "I got a fox body". Its worth hella money. I am going to put a 347 in it...and blah,blah,blah... Now its worth 6-9k.

That's my comparison to the housing market. Realtors like Alan Pinel. Never went broke during the bust...They bought the distressed properties. And are reselling. Business as usual.

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking at properties last year on zillow or whatever it was. Price range of 250k...the same properties are going for 350k this year. So, what does that tell you? Economy has little to no growth- wages are not changing. The government knows this...they are not raising interest rates. But the greed is still there.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Post !
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

Tony, there is another house that's close to us that just sold for $620K and its half the size of yours with two bedrooms and one bathroom but it's on an acre
I would love to be on a full acre. But those are hard to come by in Concord.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com