Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What is everyone's opinion? Drama on CAFORDS (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: What is everyone's opinion? Drama on CAFORDS
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2014-11-20, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And I was about to get my cobra R tuned by Shaun
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:
And I was about to get my cobra R tuned by Shaun

Now that you backed out he is gonna call your job and get you canned! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_5.0_2013:
A lot of things u mentioned isn't exactly true but I'm
Not trying to argue online. Whatever you say because Shaun said so

I agree, I am seeing two different stories between him and Thomas. Thomas stated on the forum in one of his posts that he was having tuning issues and Lund fixed them. I honestly think everyone is doing a bit of lying in this situation on both sides.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This would never happen on cafords. Most of these bums don't have jobs.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Little humor haha [dance]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Phantom_5.0_2013
¯
Member # 12337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom_5.0_2013  Ford pictures for Phantom_5.0_2013    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmfao!!!!!!

--------------------
R.I.P big brother
Willie Guzman
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012
We love you

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bulletsponge:
quote:

I agree, I am seeing two different stories between him and Thomas. Thomas stated on the forum in one of his posts that he was having tuning issues and Lund fixed them. I honestly think everyone is doing a bit of lying in this situation on both sides.
In the SVTP Thread I clearly stated there was an issue with my tune on Thomas's car. When warmer weather came around his car would randomly stall with the A/C on. He had 2 appointments with me to come in and have it resolved, but did not show up to either. He told me it was 'not a big deal' and he would be coming in with a new Torque Booster setup to be tuned and we'd work out the idle issue then.
He had 2 appointments with me to come in and have it resolved, but did not show up to either.

He said he wanted to give the old setup a shot at the drag strip before swapping to the new setup. In reality he was being given parts at cost to stay away from AED, then the tune, then became an employee. He was PAID to not let me resolve the tune issue. Which we saw on other cars with Long Tube headers BTW, and it was resolved months ago.

[ 2014-11-21, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FWIW
We've been in business for 8 years at AED. How many NorCal Ford and GM shops have come and gone in that time? How many NorCal shops have a National presence and a reputation of providing top notch tunes in the Coyote Market?

Go ahead and call up any of the Major tuning players in the Ford market and ask them if they've heard of AED. I've trained some of the best in the industry.

Consistently we've proven to take a slower methodical approach to the builds we do. Tuning we've been accused of be overly conservative more than anything else around here. We do not have a reputation for blowing engines. Nor do you hear stories of customers parts going 'missing', or legal issues. It's just not what happens at AED.

You guys that enjoy the Internet Drama, go right ahead.
We will continue to do what we've been doing for the last 8 years at AED. Giving NorCal Ford enthusiasts a Quality Shop to have quality work done.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Phantom_5.0_2013
¯
Member # 12337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom_5.0_2013  Ford pictures for Phantom_5.0_2013    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ and that's the bottom line.....because Shaun said so lol

--------------------
R.I.P big brother
Willie Guzman
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012
We love you

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

You guys that enjoy the Internet Drama, go right ahead.
We will continue to do what we've been doing for the last 8 years at AED. Giving NorCal Ford enthusiasts a Quality Shop to have quality work done.

You really are going to post THAT after the shit YOU pulled as an owner of a business!?!? Goodluck with that outlook.
2007 S197
¯
Member # 12950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2007 S197  Ford pictures for 2007 S197    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all I have to say is customer satisfaction goes a long way

--------------------
1991 Mustang GT- sold
2002 Mustang GT- sold
2006 Honda CBR600RR - sold
07 S197 Full exhaust Full suspension
2010 Lexus IS250 family car

Posts: 49 | From: san jose .ca | Registered: May 2013  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is hilarious!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

blazer707
¯
Member # 13842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blazer707  Ford pictures for blazer707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

In the SVTP Thread I clearly stated there was an issue with my tune on Thomas's car. When warmer weather came around his car would randomly stall with the A/C on. He had 2 appointments with me to come in and have it resolved, but did not show up to either. He told me it was 'not a big deal' and he would be coming in with a new Torque Booster setup to be tuned and we'd work out the idle issue then.
He had 2 appointments with me to come in and have it resolved, but did not show up to either.

He said he wanted to give the old setup a shot at the drag strip before swapping to the new setup. In reality he was being given parts at cost to stay away from AED, then the tune, then became an employee. He was PAID to not let me resolve the tune issue. Which we saw on other cars with Long Tube headers BTW, and it was resolved months ago.

More bullshit, I never made an "official" appointment with you for retuning the car, I told you that If I had the car together or ready I would come up with chad also. Never once committed to going.

I was never paid or swayed into going away from AED, I make my own decisions and went with someone to fix the issues with the car. Fixed on first revision without ever touching a dyno.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^must be one hella of a tuner to be able to tune a car an never put on the dyno an see what's going on with fuel trim when at wot^^^
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
blazer707
¯
Member # 13842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blazer707  Ford pictures for blazer707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
^^^must be one hella of a tuner to be able to tune a car an never put on the dyno an see what's going on with fuel trim when at wot^^^

2011+ 5.0s have built in wideband 02s. No need for a dyno. Everything can be done at the track or on the street.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blazer707:
quote:

2011+ 5.0s have built in wideband 02s. No need for a dyno. Everything can be done at the track or on the street.
So why would you pay someone to tune it for you then when you could just break out the good old laptop with Windows 95 an start making passes on the street an set the fuel blocks yourself then.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
blazer707
¯
Member # 13842

quote:
quote:
quote:

So why would you pay someone to tune it for you then when you could just break out the good old laptop with Windows 95 an start making passes on the street an set the fuel blocks yourself then.
Good point!
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

More bullshit, I never made an "official" appointment with you for retuning the car, I told you that If I had the car together or ready I would come up with chad also. Never once committed to going.

I was never paid or swayed into going away from AED, I make my own decisions and went with someone to fix the issues with the car. Fixed on first revision without ever touching a dyno.

What is an '"official" appointment? You were on my tuning schedule as requested BY YOU on June 20th at 1pm with Chad. I don't do 'if I can make it I will show up' appointments. This is not a walk-in get and get a tune type of establishment. Your "official" appointment was canceled a few days before June 20th when Chad called to tell me you were not going to make it.

You work for Team BeefCake Racing, you work for Ron Duprat Ford. You do side jobs for Cash and are in direct competition with ALL the local shops including the dealer you work for. It was posted on the net that You will Beat any Bay Area Shops installed Price.

Wow, I called your boss and made a complaint. I must be the worst person ever, because NOBODY does that these days.

Are you going to post that you don't take $$$ in exchange for work like you did on SVTP? More lies to cover up what's really going on here.
Why was I getting phone calls from people quoting YOUR prices to install parts on Coyotes and asking us to beat your prices? Why are people calling me telling what you've been spreading around? AED charges too much and screws up installs then charges to fix these mistakes and can't even tune a CAI.

Say what you want Thomas, Fact is Terry Reeves of Team BeefCake Racing is paying you a salary. Terry Reeves has had an agenda for nearly 2 years to discredit my name after our encounter at PRI. You are being PAID to spread this shit around the internet, don't try to hide that fact. You've posted shit on every board you can find and even registered on new boards to post. You are perpetuating this per Your/Terry's agenda to put AED out of business.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

^^^ sorry but that just dug a bigger hole IMO... I know a few people that has spent thousands at your shop only to have something happen and never get replaced or fixed again. Won't mention the names.... And calling someone's work is an ass move, no matter how you try to justify it..... But you guys will be just fine. There's enough nut swingers to keep you in business [patriot]

[ 2014-11-25, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
^^^ sorry but that just dug a bigger hole IMO... I know a few people that has spent thousands at your shop only to have something happen and never get replaced or fixed again. Won't mention the names.... And calling someone's work is an ass move, no matter how you try to justify it..... But you guys will be just fine. There's enough nut swingers to keep you in business [patriot]

Exactly. Bitch move PLAIN AND SIMPLE to call a persons boss and do what you did. Shows the type of person you are because once again you never did any side work..........
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
:pop:

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is an '"official" appointment? You were on my tuning schedule as requested BY YOU on June 20th at 1pm with Chad. I don't do 'if I can make it I will show up' appointments. This is not a walk-in get and get a tune type of establishment. Your "official" appointment was canceled a few days before June 20th when Chad called to tell me you were not going to make it.

You work for Team BeefCake Racing, you work for Ron Duprat Ford. You do side jobs for Cash and are in direct competition with ALL the local shops including the dealer you work for. It was posted on the net that You will Beat any Bay Area Shops installed Price.

Wow, I called your boss and made a complaint. I must be the worst person ever, because NOBODY does that these days.

Are you going to post that you don't take $$$ in exchange for work like you did on SVTP? More lies to cover up what's really going on here.
Why was I getting phone calls from people quoting YOUR prices to install parts on Coyotes and asking us to beat your prices? Why are people calling me telling what you've been spreading around? AED charges too much and screws up installs then charges to fix these mistakes and can't even tune a CAI.

Say what you want Thomas, Fact is Terry Reeves of Team BeefCake Racing is paying you a salary. Terry Reeves has had an agenda for nearly 2 years to discredit my name after our encounter at PRI. You are being PAID to spread this shit around the internet, don't try to hide that fact. You've posted shit on every board you can find and even registered on new boards to post. You are perpetuating this per Your/Terry's agenda to put AED out of business.

I don't mean to get back into this, but when you say someone is doing side-jobs and cash on the side.. You understand that not everyone wants to pay $120 an hour to someone at a shop for the same work that someone can do for half the price? And more than 1/2 of the CAFords signatures here have advertisements for "services" which are mechanical in nature. Are these individuals taking away from your customers also? I'm confused, I understand the eye and an eye thing. I get that, regardless of whos lying and about what. Don't target the rest of the individuals who use their skills and traits for profit on the side. These days with the economy in the shape it's in, not everyone affords to go to a legit shop/mechanic to have services done. More often than not, they are having side work done.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't mean to get back into this, but when you say someone is doing side-jobs and cash on the side.. You understand that not everyone wants to pay $120 an hour to someone at a shop for the same work that someone can do for half the price? And more than 1/2 of the CAFords signatures here have advertisements for "services" which are mechanical in nature. Are these individuals taking away from your customers also? I'm confused, I understand the eye and an eye thing. I get that, regardless of whos lying and about what. Don't target the rest of the individuals who use their skills and traits for profit on the side. These days with the economy in the shape it's in, not everyone affords to go to a legit shop/mechanic to have services done. More often than not, they are having side work done.
Everyone, think about it for second. Blazer gets PM's or calls from people and ask him what happened between him and AED, since his user name now has some sort of TeamBeefCake racing moniker to it now. He says that Shaun couldn't tune his car and he got fixed up by Lund, with ONE revision! Oh and BTW in my opinion I wouldn't go back to AED for anything... (I'm paraphrasing here from what I see what you all see in public on other forums) Now, these same people ask him where should I go for a tune and who should work on my car?

Should I break it down further?

Those are the issues I can see Shaun having a problem with and why he is defending himself against a multiparty attack on his business. I don't agree with some of the things he did but he felt he had no choice as he was backed into a corner.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
I don't agree with some of the things he did but he felt he had no choice as he was backed into a corner.

And now he and his business partners must pay for "his decision." Had the boss simply fired the tech and never mentioned it was due to Shaun's call, Shaun would puff his chest and be proud of what he did. Shaun had no intention of being caught doing this. You gotta pay to play..... I never would have expected an owner of AED to resort to this from everything I'd heard over the years, I just "THOUGHT" they were above this. I was wrong.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com