Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What is everyone's opinion? Drama on CAFORDS (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: What is everyone's opinion? Drama on CAFORDS
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1NastyBullitt:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqeigwPlt4

Ctfu I almost fell off the toilet [worship]
Where rubbing one out to the video?
Damn you're hella gay
Hahahaha to the video and comments!
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Entire situation sucks. I have known Shaun since I started in the mustang scene, met the dude Thomas a few times, and the guy with the TVS has been a good friend of mine since High School. All of them are good guys. Honestly from an outside view it sucks, nobody wins in this situation. Knowing both sides of the story, I think the entire thing could have been avoided if everyone just listened to each other. That being said, Shaun has tuned 2 setups on my Fox, and will be tuning the next one in the near future. He knows his shit, and has always been extremely helpful to me. Hopefully all the drama will just fade out.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Calling someone's work with the intent to get them fired is pretty messed up. As a business owner/operator that makes it even worse. Your rep takes 10 steps back and it will take 1010 good steps to get where you were before.

Plenty of tuners out there (even self tuners)and guess what all those "expert tuners" that charge you big bucks are all using the same software.

If you stand by your work and are confident it is good then there is no reason to worry about the small guys (I am pretty Sure the AED guys were there as well at one point in time) grabbing a couple of buck to make living in hopes of becoming big as well.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I could care less about this situation but it does suck for both parties buts it's not my problem. Shaun still is a badass tuner. My stang drives and runs great. AED FTW!

[ 2014-11-17, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: 98 ROUSH ]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Damn you're hella gay
Let me see you got excited by my comment who is really the Hella gay person here.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Damn you're hella gay
Let me see you got excited by my comment who is really the Hella gay person here.
You're the one who wanted to know if he rubbed one out
 -

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This whole thing is shitty but it is what it is. The whole terry Beefcake and AED thing has gotten old.

Any rate, my AED built, vortech' and tuned 2 valve runs hard. The only problem I have is blowing the tires off on the highway...

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Damn you're hella gay
You're the one who wanted to know if he rubbed one out
 -

He was the one that broadcasted he was watch a video of dude why he had his cock tucked between his legs.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
This whole thing is shitty but it is what it is. The whole terry Beefcake and AED thing has gotten old.

Any rate, my AED built, vortech' and tuned 2 valve runs hard. The only problem I have is blowing the tires off on the highway...

Its not AED's ability to tune or make a faster car (we all know they know what they are doing and do a pretty good job of tuning with the software that is currently being offered out there...). The issue is trying to get someone intentionally fired...that just does not sit well with me.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He should call my boss and tell him I'm using the internet for non work related things. [BS flag]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It isn't about their ability to tune, it's the judgement of the characters that employ the building. That would be like saying one shitty employee inside Kragen or Autozone (Just using a common POI that we all go to) would ruin the entire experience.

Because at the end of the day for me, I'm not only looking for an awesome tuner, but someone I can RELY on. AED pulled a low card and that shows you the kind of person he actually is, and I don't feel right giving my money to them which is the consensus about them now. Like it or not, AED has kind of a tarnished reputation.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
He should call my boss and tell him I'm using the internet for non work related things. [BS flag]

That is Justin at VMP [Razz]

--------------------

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

quote:
Originally posted by Bulletsponge:
It isn't about their ability to tune, it's the judgement of the characters that employ the building. That would be like saying one shitty employee inside Kragen or Autozone (Just using a common POI that we all go to) would ruin the entire experience.

Because at the end of the day for me, I'm not only looking for an awesome tuner, but someone I can RELY on. AED pulled a low card and that shows you the kind of person he actually is, and I don't feel right giving my money to them which is the consensus about them now. Like it or not, AED has kind of a tarnished reputation.

Drew and Greg are second to non with their craftmanship and mechanical skills and Drew tunes with FAST if you have that system. They are top notch in my book. Neither of them really post on forums and I think it is because of what you see with vendors that bash other vendors.

[ 2014-11-18, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: stanger00 ]

--------------------

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Drew and Greg are second to non with their craftmanship and mechanical skills and Drew tunes with FAST if you have that system. They are top notch in my book. Neither of them really post on forums and I think it is because of what you see with vendors that bash other vendors.
I understand exactly what you are saying, I'm not going at AED as a company but as Shaun as an individual. Just like I explained earlier, I don't let one bad egg at an Autoparts store ruin my experience. I however, would choose someone different knowing what I know now. I also took the time to read entirely through that thread and there were a few people on there backing up Thomas about Beefcake and that as a vendor he did not bash AED or steal customers. Him and the other gentleman were simply both have problems with Shauns tuning and decided to go another route with it. From Shauns point of view, he took too much time tuning, he didn't make good on the tune and he let it hang out there too long. People are not patient with their vehicles.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

^^^Exactly! Drew and Greg had nothing to do with what I've read here. Using the shop AED as a villain here is wrong. Drew and Greg are excellent technicians and should not be dragged into this mess by bashing the shop. Drew helped me recently on a problem with my car and is the ONLY guy I would ever let work on my car. I will continue to support AED, Drew and Greg and I hope right minded people here will do likewise.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In b4 Shaun is a stand up guy. I'm sure Dan will vouch for this guy.

--------------------
03 Terminator

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
I could care less about this situation but it does suck for both parties buts it's not my problem. Shaun still is a badass tuner. My stang drives and runs great. AED FTW!

FTW for now until he calls your work to get you fired.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Dan called and said he isn't taking anyones parts..

Shaun called and said he spoke to Dan, they wont be firing anyone today.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"I believe it is you that is grapsing here, and I don't blame you. You've been caught red handed breaking the law and you admit to it with posts all over the net.
No one slandered your name, but you have been slandering mine.

FYI, working on vehicles without a license is Illegal in CA, regardless of location."

This shit is hilarious...and how many side jobs did Shaun do pre AED? DICK MOVE ON SHAUN'S PART

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Dan called and said he isn't taking anyones parts..

Shaun called and said he spoke to Dan, they wont be firing anyone today.

[Eek!]
Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
quote:

^^^Exactly! Drew and Greg had nothing to do with what I've read here. Using the shop AED as a villain here is wrong. Drew and Greg are excellent technicians and should not be dragged into this mess by bashing the shop. Drew helped me recently on a problem with my car and is the ONLY guy I would ever let work on my car. I will continue to support AED, Drew and Greg and I hope right minded people here will do likewise.
As a shop do you think that Drew and Greg had no idea about this? Its hard for me to imagine that there wasn't some type of shop talk. Especially when these people all own a business together. Just a random ?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As a shop do you think that Drew and Greg had no idea about this? Its hard for me to imagine that there wasn't some type of shop talk. Especially when these people all own a business together. Just a random ?
No one should condemn someone without real evidence of that. I can't say there was any discussion about this with Drew or Greg. Not sure you are doing that but innocent until proven guilty is the normal way of things. In all the times I have been at AED I've only seen Drew and Greg, never Shaun. Does that mean they didn't discuss it? No. But there is nothing that I have read here that says they did.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No one should condemn someone without real evidence of that. I can't say there was any discussion about this with Drew or Greg. Not sure you are doing that but innocent until proven guilty is the normal way of things. In all the times I have been at AED I've only seen Drew and Greg, never Shaun. Does that mean they didn't discuss it? No. But there is nothing that I have read here that says they did.
Definitely not condemning anyone. I was just asking a question as they're all in business together. If Shaun did this all on his own then I wonder if Drew or Greg are pissed at him.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Definitely not condemning anyone. I was just asking a question as they're all in business together. If Shaun did this all on his own then I wonder if Drew or Greg are pissed at him.
I would have to think they are very pissed off since this will hurt the AED business. Not because it is deserved, in my opinion, but will hurt because Drew and Greg seem to be doing most of the AED business these days. At least from what I have seen and Shaun is part of the business' name.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

^^^ that's between them an no one else's business^^^

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com