Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I CONVERTED to the DARKSIDE... pics inside (Page 13)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I CONVERTED to the DARKSIDE... pics inside
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice name for a gas station. Gotta love Texas.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ahhh, I skip the 13 pages of BS to know this is still usual CLOSE MINDED CA FORDS WHINE FEST vs open minded enthusiasts and LS converts, LOL. Not surprising given the typical demographic around here.

Those if you who haven't owned both products shouldn't whine so much, you don't have enough grounds to argue in a non-biased Ford nut swinging matter. Yes, I've had both blue oval and GM products...MANY more GM's. With that said, if I had the chance to buy either a new SS or a GT with the track pack I would go the GT route simply due to weight as I prefer twisties and track days more than just straight line performance. I hope the next gen Camaro loses much weight, otherwise C5's are a MUCH better bang for the buck performance and comfort wise.

Can't we all just get along?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Robb and Sneakyfoxx....what tracks have you guys gone to and what cars do you guys bring out? I was going to the track religiously for the past 3 years (until I sold my car this year) and NEVER ONCE knew you guys were there or even knew you guys were into road racing. I know there are a certain few Cafords members who were there, but not you guys. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll answer some of your debates from first hand experience:

-YES, there are foxbodies out on the track. Actually, there are A LOT of them, depending on what club you run with. Ever heard of American Iron or CMC???

-YES, C5/C6 Z06 corvettes are faster than your average mustang on a road course. But I will tell you that a highly modified mustang vs. a essentially stock corvette with equivalent drivers can be a close race. I've had my fair share of passing and getting passed by vettes on the track.

-YES, mustangs are cheaper and probably with the cost of a full suspension setup may still be cheaper than a stock Z06. Now, $10k into a $5k mustang = $15k...you can get a clean stock C5 for that price. Not sure which one you'd prefer, but I'd rather have the fully prepped mustang.

All in all, I think the OP made a good decision. Mustangs are a dime a dozen. For a fast and comfy DD I'd definitely go for a vette too! For a track toy to beat up on, best bang for your buck (in my opinion) would be a nicely setup Mustang with MM/GR40 components.

Well put brotha!

[patriot]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
So after working towards building my mustang for damn near two years and making it all the way to the final stretch I've had a change of heart. Yes I know it's a ford website but plenty here love corvettes. I must say after owning it for a short amount of time I don't regret it at all. These things are superior in every way possible, faster, lighter, plus maintence costs lol... I opted for an FRC due to the limited run of them. So to all of my fellow Ford owners on the fence of getting one I'm telling you to snag one. Nothing like snapping 120mph with the feel of going 60mph hahahaha...
 -

-

-

Where you on the bridge today?or 80 east bound?

--------------------

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by maeco:
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
So after working towards building my mustang for damn near two years and making it all the way to the final stretch I've had a change of heart. Yes I know it's a ford website but plenty here love corvettes. I must say after owning it for a short amount of time I don't regret it at all. These things are superior in every way possible, faster, lighter, plus maintence costs lol... I opted for an FRC due to the limited run of them. So to all of my fellow Ford owners on the fence of getting one I'm telling you to snag one. Nothing like snapping 120mph with the feel of going 60mph hahahaha...
 -

-

-

Where you on the bridge today?or 80 east bound?
No that wasn't me. The car has been in the Bat Cave most of the weekend [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Nice ride bro here's mine

-

I got no mustnag rightnow but iam always looking for the next one.

--------------------

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by maeco:
Nice ride bro here's mine

-

I got no mustnag rightnow but iam always looking for the next one.

That thing is clean! I love white... When you going to slam that thing some? We should set up a Corvette cruise and post up pics on the board for everyone to hate lmao! I know a few others that would be down.

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

i actually owned this car back in 03 and sold it to my inlaw thats why is all stock. i just recently got it back early this year so yeah bro lowering kit on its way intake/exhaust. iam down for a meet once this car's slammed.

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FRC_Kid:
....We should set up a Corvette cruise and post up pics on the board for everyone to hate lmao!....

-

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
....We should set up a Corvette cruise and post up pics on the board for everyone to hate lmao!....

-
They should ban you too then since you say you have all these other brand cars in your driveway... No need to front at all bro. It's just the Internet. Hate all you want but there are plenty of GM guys on this site regardless if you like it or not.

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

-
They should ban you too then since you say you have all these other brand cars in your driveway... No need to front at all bro. It's just the Internet. Hate all you want but there are plenty of GM guys on this site regardless if you like it or not.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
Robb and Sneakyfoxx....what tracks have you guys gone to and what cars do you guys bring out? I was going to the track religiously for the past 3 years (until I sold my car this year) and NEVER ONCE knew you guys were there or even knew you guys were into road racing. I know there are a certain few Cafords members who were there, but not you guys. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-YES, there are foxbodies out on the track. Actually, there are A LOT of them, depending on what club you run with. Ever heard of American Iron or CMC???

-YES, C5/C6 Z06 corvettes are faster than your average mustang on a road course. But I will tell you that a highly modified mustang vs. a essentially stock corvette with equivalent drivers can be a close race. I've had my fair share of passing and getting passed by vettes on the track.

-YES, mustangs are cheaper and probably with the cost of a full suspension setup may still be cheaper than a stock Z06. Now, $10k into a $5k mustang = $15k...you can get a clean stock C5 for that price. Not sure which one you'd prefer, but I'd rather have the fully prepped mustang.

All in all, I think the OP made a good decision. Mustangs are a dime a dozen. For a fast and comfy DD I'd definitely go for a vette too! For a track toy to beat up on, best bang for your buck (in my opinion) would be a nicely setup Mustang with MM/GR40 components.

I've been to Thunderhill 2 times this year. We are out there in 240sx's/Miatas/Mostly imports. My buddy is wrapping up his gutted/race pepped 240SX, While im just starting my miata build.
Quoted before you try an edit, what conditions is your Miata build in? Does it have a rainbow sticker?
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
quote:

I've been to Thunderhill 2 times this year. We are out there in 240sx's/Miatas/Mostly imports. My buddy is wrapping up his gutted/race pepped 240SX, While im just starting my miata build.
Quoted before you try an edit, what conditions is your Miata build in? Does it have a rainbow sticker?
Edit what? Lol. I passed it onto my friend who is now building it. Whats more to talk about? Is this some big crazy deal that im getting "exposed" over? Its a $600 Miata. Some of you people are far too much time on your hands.

I'm some huge liar!!! Someone call TMZ so they can some report that i got rid of my $600 Miata project!!! OMG World is ending!!!

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All it takes is one lick, and now your a cocksucker miata fag. Lol

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

How do you know that all it takes is one lick? You seem confident, Almost like youre speaking from experience.

Sorry to hear.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

How do you know that all it takes is one lick? You seem confident, Almost like youre speaking from experience.

Sorry to hear.

I'll let you know first if I decide to live the second part of my life driving miatas and then you can do whatever it is you do to guys at that point. Until then you can keep trolling fords and we will keep reminding you of your miata side quest that you refuse to remember, lol.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry to hear.

I'll let you know first if I decide to live the second part of my life driving miatas and then you can do whatever it is you do to guys at that point. Until then you can keep trolling fords and we will keep reminding you of your miata side quest that you refuse to remember, lol.
My Miata quest may be over but I also drive a girly 2012 Focus. Surely thats as bad as owning a Miata right?
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry to hear.

My Miata quest may be over but I also drive a girly 2012 Focus. Surely thats as bad as owning a Miata right?
Ha Ha nope. The Miata is worse. With that being said. I have no problems with a spec Miata racer. It is still fun to blast round on those tracks in any car.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol Miata

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Besides the fact that the OP just got a nice, clean, & sort of rare C5 vette (congrats on that!), the rest of this thread is fuckin stupid!!! I read about 3 pages & gave up!

Congrats again on the new ride FRC_Kid! [patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Ahhh, I skip the 13 pages of BS to know this is still usual CLOSE MINDED CA FORDS WHINE FEST vs open minded enthusiasts and LS converts, LOL. Not surprising given the typical demographic around here.

Those if you who haven't owned both products shouldn't whine so much, you don't have enough grounds to argue in a non-biased Ford nut swinging matter. Yes, I've had both blue oval and GM products...MANY more GM's. With that said, if I had the chance to buy either a new SS or a GT with the track pack I would go the GT route simply due to weight as I prefer twisties and track days more than just straight line performance. I hope the next gen Camaro loses much weight, otherwise C5's are a MUCH better bang for the buck performance and comfort wise.

Amen!!!! I agree with everything in your post, except the part regarding the newer Camaro's, I'm not a fan of those whatsoever....
[patriot]

I'm no Converted LS owner, but I am an open minded enthusiast who owns both a Fox & a GM LSX powered tuna boat. I have said this same thing many times before, but I will never understand all the comparisons & non ford hate that goes on around here? MOST have no experience with anything other than mustangs here on Cafords, yet they always wanna bash something they have no real clue about... Open your minds & options fellas!

[ 2014-02-03, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:

Amen!!!! I agree with everything in your post, except the part regarding the newer Camaro's, I'm not a fan of those whatsoever....
[patriot]

I'm no Converted LS owner, but I am an open minded enthusiast who owns both a Fox & a GM LSX powered tuna boat. I have said this same thing many times before, but I will never understand all the comparisons & non ford hate that goes on around here? MOST have no experience with anything other than mustangs here on Cafords, yet they always wanna bash something they have no real clue about... Open your minds & options fellas!

Maybe if people didn't come on to a Ford site and bash Fords, you wouldn't see so much hate. But you get d-bags that come on here and do nothing but dog out Fords. It's a Ford site. Not Ca.lscockgobblers.com You are bound to get some hate in doing so. Like going to a 49ers site and talking up the Seahawks. I know you aren't signaling me out. I'm just responding to the statement. I understand some of these guys trashing brand x might not know about them. But some of us have done lots of work to those brands. Hell I have even built faster brand X cars then the ls nut swingers have. [Wink]

[ 2014-02-03, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

Maybe if people didn't come on to a Ford site and bash Fords, you wouldn't see so much hate. But you get d-bags that come on here and do nothing but dog out Fords. It's a Ford site. Not Ca.lscockgobblers.com You are bound to get some hate in doing so. Like going to a 49ers site and talking up the Seahawks. I know you aren't signaling me out. I'm just responding to the statement. I understand some of these guys trashing brand x might not know about them. But some of us have done lots of work to those brands. Hell I have even built faster brand X cars then the ls nut swingers have. [Wink]
Hahaaa!!! Yeah I see where you are coming from. Honestly, I wasn't even considering you in my reply because I know you've built cars from all brands & you aren't some youngin just knocking all GM powered cars but with no experience to even know why like most people on here.

BTW, Ca.lscockgobblers.com is probably one of the funniest things I've heard in a while on Cafords lol.....

code:

[ 2014-02-03, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

+100000 couldn't have said it better myself....

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Like I said, I hear y'all, but still think comparing Vettes & Mustangs is just plain retarded, especially comparing Fox Body's to Vettes that are 15-20 years newer.

& I Also think it's unnecessary to bash the OP's new car.

BTW, Robb. I'm curious, you don't seem to like Mustangs at all, & it seems you bash them in most of the posts I see from you. Just curious why you stick around here? I'm not being sarcastic or talking shit, just curious why you joined Cafords?

[ 2014-02-03, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com