Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread (Page 16)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread
TwelveFifty
¯
Member # 13182

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwelveFifty  Ford pictures for TwelveFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
^^probably 135.0

just ordered my longtubes, and I'm debating selling the coils for bags.... [Roll Eyes]

arent bags worse ride quality? that is what i have been reading...also makes it heavier.

--------------------
This is my sig...

Posts: 78 | From: This place hurr... | Registered: Sep 2013  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TwelveFifty:
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
who was in the gray 13+ stang, looked like a 5.0. wasnt paying attention until he smashed it passed me on bradshaw and then took the on ramp east bound? would have got on with u and play if u would have revved at me earlier...

Lol you didn't want none, ricer flyby ftw!!!
even though i had to get back to work i would have played if i had known...having fun is part of life but everyone is too uptight around here...
Sorry bro, being all uptight and shit I was in a hurry. I mean the only reason why I was in the neighborhood was to get my marijuana prescription renewed from can medical lol. I don't get out in that area much if it was me.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
^^probably 135.0

just ordered my longtubes, and I'm debating selling the coils for bags.... [Roll Eyes]

arent bags worse ride quality? that is what i have been reading...also makes it heavier.
No the ride quality is exactly the same as a lowered Stang. When I swept from coil overs to AirLift it actually slightly improved the ride quality. The only weight gain is adding a air pump and 10 gallon air tank.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally got my blowfish bracket in the mail!!

For those of you with an MT82 I've heard nothing but A+ reviews on the part. It's supposed to turn the transmission problems around almost A to Z!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlEdZ7Ahxd0

I'll let you know what I think once I get it in, I'm also waiting for my longtubes to show up [Cool]

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

For those of you with an MT82 I've heard nothing but A+ reviews on the part. It's supposed to turn the transmission problems around almost A to Z!

I'll let you know what I think once I get it in, I'm also waiting for my longtubes to show up [Cool]

If this works with the MGW shifter I'll order it ASAP
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sickGT:
quote:

If this works with the MGW shifter I'll order it ASAP
The beta testers used stock and MGW to test ...they said this plus MGW was as good if not better than T56 Magnum XL

--------------------
click here

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good thing I've only spent on a steeda bushing because for those who bought a bushing and a ds loop probably won't be switching at the cost!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone seen a black with black boss stripe coyote around the Sacramento area? I ran into him on I-80 right around highway 65 yesterday evening around 7:15pm

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Got my bracket in, LOVE IT

-

--------------------
click here

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love it ??? Need more info
Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

quote:
Originally posted by JZTRK:
I love it ??? Need more info

Scroll up...the video describes it flawlessly. My MGW made things pretty solid, but having both together it's almost impossible to miss a shift. I'm shifting every gear at 5k minimum, and I can downshift at higher rpms with the shifter gliding in like butter.

--------------------
click here

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to try the energy suspension shifter bushing for the stock shifter. Tons of excellent reviews. I'm used to being able to wot shift my cars in hundreds of milliseconds, so if I can't do the same with the bushing I'll know if a shifter, bracket or both is needed.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

That blowfish bracket looks awesome.

Today I installed my energy suspension bushing on my shifter. Man what an amazing difference. It has a much more solid feel, easier shifts etc, & for less than $20

If you guys want better shifting, but don't have the extra cash to do the blowfish bracket, or other shifter the energy suspension bushing is an awesome, inexpensive mod that will firm your shifter up in a hurry

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

After experiencing a few shifter problems in my 2011 I decided I've got to do something about it. The problems I had were missed shifts during high rpm shifting, shifter feeling soft while in gear, incorrect gear selection.

I'm used to my fox with a hurst shifter where none of this is a problem, & I have a WOT shifter in my SRT and have no problems shifting within milliseconds during WOT conditions.

I didn't want to spend the $ on a full shifter/bracket etc. Today I received my energy suspension shifter bushing. Part #4.1134G(black) if you want red the part # is 4.1134R. Took about 20 minutes to install. Huge difference, especially for under $20 shipped! Gear locations are so much more specific, shifter feels solid, I've only done one fast shift under high rpm so far, but it was easy & smooth. No increase in NVH noticeable.

Look how soft the oem shifter bushing is. This is with hardly any pressure. By far the softest bushing I've ever seen. Softer than a drag slick.
 -

Here's the energy suspension bushing. I pressed on it as hard as I could and this is all the deflection I could get. It reuses the oem bracket too.
 -

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my new covers on.  -
 -
 -

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Received my BMR rear lower control arms today. Super easy install. Took less than one hour from start to finish. So far on a few test drives no wheel hop. I did get into a speed contest, so it was a perfect time to test the control arms & shifter bushing, both worked perfect. Shifting I didn't miss a beat & for the first time my car got sideways rather than wheel hop, or back off the throttle. The BMR's were $89 shipped!

Factory control arms
 -

BMR's
 -

-

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats got to be the cheapest ive seen new or used?

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Thats got to be the cheapest ive seen new or used?

Brand spankin new straight from BMR on ebay

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

On a side note I took the two foam plugs out of the sound tube to see what this sound mod was and it made the engine sound in the cabin deafening at 3k rpm's super simple to do it took all of 2 mins start to finish I drove around for a while and then I put them back in

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

quote:
On a side note I took the two foam plugs out of the sound tube to see what this sound mod was and it made the engine sound in the cabin deafening at 3k rpm's super simple to do it took all of 2 mins start to finish I drove around for a while and then I put them back in

What plugs?

--------------------
click here

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
quote:

What plugs?
It's in that tube that goes from the oem intake to the cabin on the driver side

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

I hadn't heard of plugs inside of the tube.

--------------------
click here

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
I hadn't heard of plugs inside of the tube.

Yeah I heard about it awhile back. Personally I love how quiet these coyotes are inside the cabin, it's a nice departure from my fox body, feels a lot more refined & modern

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you make it to the track last night? if so how did you do??

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
did you make it to the track last night? if so how did you do??

No, unfortunately UPS didn't get the control arms to me until about 6pm, so I wasn't going to go all the way out there to maybe get 1-3 runs in depending on how many people were there. It's strange it seems either they get my packages here around 10:30am, or 6pm. No in between.

I asked BMR to ship via USPS, they said it would cost twice as much to ship. I thought that was odd considering USPS has always had the best price/fastest shipping for me on small to medium size items.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

Page: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com