Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread (Page 26)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
Better believe these tires hook on the street! I took out a 750 today 2 out of 3 times, only reason I lost once was because I bogged off the line. Very impressed with the mickeys!

A 750? You mean like a GSXR? A motorcycle?
Yes sir
Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took out a C6 base vette, he probably only had mufflers. From the light it was cake, from a roll I started off in 3rd at 2k rpm, and still won, so the procharger and mickeys are doing their job. Definitely not the fastest car in the world by any means, but it sure is a heck of a lot of fun!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm one of those old guys that usually never street races but I do like to get on it occasionally when I get on the freeway.

Tonight I was going to Togos and I saw this nice blacked out CTS V coupe at the light exiting my neighborhood. He's basically right next to me for the next mile or so. He starts revving so I figure I'll see what the stang can do. We go from a roll at about 30 and he couldn't keep up. I ended up seeing him about 5 minutes later as we both passed the street we were supposed to go down. Turns out he works in the same building as my in SF. I see his car there all the time but he took his personal plate off so I didn't recognize it. Its on E85 and I've been telling all my work friends about now nice his car was. I looked on the Internet and seems like the CTSVs on e85 are around 620hp / 600tq ish to the wheels. Proud of the stang...that's all:)

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Awesome! I cant wait to go e85, gonna be nasty

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok doing my last mod.........for now [Big Grin] Should sound pretty good when I add it the other exhaust mods: https://youtu.be/izWqikdYJos

-

[ 2016-06-22, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Seems like a very expensive mod with a lot of work, for a small benefit. If possible dyno before & after

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Seems like a very expensive mod with a lot of work, for a small benefit. If possible dyno before & after

These Kook Super Street Shorties are "supposed" to be almost, if not the equivalent to long tubes if you have a catless mid pipe. The primaries are 1/78" and the collector is 3". Hopefully since the car is boosted, the gains will be decent. Hope it sounds good too. I just added Lethal Performance over axle pipes...not sure if that added anything other than sound...so my old dyno sheet should still be good unless something happened to my car to drop the numbers from 715/585. After the install I'll try to get back on the dyno to see if anything changes....curious myself.

[ 2016-06-22, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Definitely! Did you build your short block?

I ran into a 15/16 Jeep SRT-8 yesterday, he wasn't too happy with the outcome, and he was the one who instigated it. From a light, from a roll, never saw him. Id bet on crappy 91 octane and an email tune from procharger Id be lucky to be at 525rwhp currently

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Definitely! Did you build your short block?

I ran into a 15/16 Jeep SRT-8 yesterday, he wasn't too happy with the outcome, and he was the one who instigated it. From a light, from a roll, never saw him. Id bet on crappy 91 octane and an email tune from procharger Id be lucky to be at 525rwhp currently

lol no not yet....I'm not to hard on the car because I know I'm pushing the limits.

Nice. Yeah it always the SUVs and Trucks that seems to want to test me. When I was breaking in my clutch, I couldn't drive 5 miles without it happening.

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Yeah when I was breaking in my clutch, it was a daunting task. 750 miles of stop & go. I'm going for about 600whp once I switch to e85 & get professionally tuned, that should be plenty, & still somewhat "safe" for the shortblock

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Had a run in with this Ferrari today. He pulled a ricer move and stomped the throttle as soon as I moved over a lane to line up with him. That made it all the more satisfying when a I drove right around his ass and drug it down the road. I was laughing my ass off.

Gonna be insane once I actually do some other mods to it.

-

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

This was after taking out a 600rr from 0-top of 4th [Smile] I don't think I can ever drive without drag radials again.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Nice!!! I haven't been challenged by an exotic yet. Just the CSTV and a AMG C63.

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

I was definitely surprised how slow that Ferrari was
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Assuming you guys are still running the stock MT82 6spd trans in your 11-14 coyotes, are you guys experiencing shifting issues? If so, have you done anything to eliminate it?

I've been doing a lot of reading on the 12-13 Boss 302's and there seems to be several owners saying that the shifter is "notchy" and some claim that "they can't get into gear." Is this true? Is the MT82 really that bad?!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

Assuming you guys are still running the stock MT82 6spd trans in your 11-14 coyotes, are you guys experiencing shifting issues? If so, have you done anything to eliminate it?

I've been doing a lot of reading on the 12-13 Boss 302's and there seems to be several owners saying that the shifter is "notchy" and some claim that "they can't get into gear." Is this true? Is the MT82 really that bad?!

2nd to 3rd can be bad sometimes... I got a Barton shifter/bracket and that helped a lot. Also at high RPMs the clutch pedal use to get stuck on the floor. I removed the helper spring under the pedal and that eliminated that problem.

--------------------

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

The MT-82 before the 15s is notoriously horrible. That being said I went through a 13 and a 14 with no issues but am on my second transmission for my GT350 already.
I had an MGW and a Blowfish Racing Bracket on my 14 and it felt like a dream! No more grinding or misses.

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:

Man oh man, have I been through this with my 2011. The first problem for me was my pressure plate bolts actually backed out, and broke the locating pins. This made it near impossible to shift.

I also had the clutch pedal sticking to the floor problem, tried removing the helper spring and that did nothing. Problem went away when I switched to a Stage 3 exedy clutch.

Shifting was always super notch and hard, even after adding a white line trans bushing, blowfish bracket, and steed a shifter, still couldn't get the 1-2 shift quickly. And it was very notchy. I also did a braided stainless clutch, no help.
Royal purple synccromax fixed all notchyour shifting

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, seems that this issue is quite the mess. I'd hate to dump additional time and money into an already costly purchase assuming the car I end up getting shows signs of these issues. So from what I'm hearing, it seems that I would need to remove the helper spring, add a Blowfish bracket, get an MGW Race spec shifter, and change the transmission fluid to Redline Syncromax. If this still doesn't work, then possibly a whole new clutch and flywheel?!

Maybe this car isn't the right one for me...I was really hoping for something I can buy and not have to do anything to for a long time.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Wow, seems that this issue is quite the mess. I'd hate to dump additional time and money into an already costly purchase assuming the car I end up getting shows signs of these issues. So from what I'm hearing, it seems that I would need to remove the helper spring, add a Blowfish bracket, get an MGW Race spec shifter, and change the transmission fluid to Redline Syncromax. If this still doesn't work, then possibly a whole new clutch and flywheel?!

Maybe this car isn't the right one for me...I was really hoping for something I can buy and not have to do anything to for a long time.

Mine was made in 2010, an early production model, they fixed some of these problems shortly after.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Auto is good
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Auto is good

Word.

Auto with PP on a Wimbledon white 50th anni ...I might know of one [Wink]

If it makes you feel better I had my gt350 transmission replaced at 3300 miles [Big Grin]

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Auto is good

Sure, if you're a lady:)

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I too have a 2011 and have no complaints all I've done was add the blowfish bracket!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Auto is good

Sure, if you're a lady:)
Well I have a stick with some short shifter on it, seems to be cool too.

Page: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com