Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 650rwhp+ Build Thread.... CAN YOU SAY 700!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: My 650rwhp+ Build Thread.... CAN YOU SAY 700!!
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Very nice, T! I wondered who those parts belonged to when I was last up at AED.

When my Fastback is done sometime this decade, I'll have a little something for you. If you still have the car when my Fastback is finished, you owe me a race... your breathed on Terminator against my 427 Windsor on a little spray. [burnout]

Awwwwwwww yeah Dave I will take that race. I have said it before but I fully plan on keeping this into old age. I'm trying to get this car some magazine coverage once its. completely setup. A video of me beating a fastback might help [Razz] . Knowing how you build cars though I am a little worried. Just a lil

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

When my Fastback is done sometime this decade, I'll have a little something for you. If you still have the car when my Fastback is finished, you owe me a race... your breathed on Terminator against my 427 Windsor on a little spray. [burnout]

Awwwwwwww yeah Dave I will take that race. I have said it before but I fully plan on keeping this into old age. I'm trying to get this car some magazine coverage once its. completely setup. A video of me beating a fastback might help [Razz] . Knowing how you build cars though I am a little worried. Just a lil
LOL. You should be. Unlike some people, I don't try to be misleading and keep things a secret. I'll tell you exactly what my combo is... and then you can see if you can find a pulley small enough to keep up. [Razz]

- 427" Windsor, Dart Iron Eagle block
- Stage 3 CNC'd TFS-R heads
- Edelbrock Super Victor
- Bigs Stage 5 HP - 950 CFM carb
- Cold Fusion direct port fogger (200-600 shot)

Here's the real kicker... my car will be a good 500 lbs lighter than the Cobra. I hope you put that fat kid on a diet or find a way to make some more power. [Razz]

In all seriousness, the Cobra is beautiful and you're building a phenomenal car. I will be first in line to buy it if you ever decide to part with it.

[ May 13, 2011, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL. You should be. Unlike some people, I don't try to be misleading and keep things a secret. I'll tell you exactly what my combo is... and then you can see if you can find a pulley small enough to keep up. [Razz]

- Edelbrock Super Victor

Here's the real kicker... my car will be a good 500 lbs lighter than the Cobra. I hope you put that fat kid on a diet or find a way to make some more power. [Razz]

In all seriousness, the Cobra is beautiful and you're building a phenomenal car. I will be first in line to buy it if you ever decide to part with it.

I like this. But you know with the stock 3.5 pulley and ported heads I should only see 15-16 lbs of boost making 650+ on pump gas. Now a 3.0 pulley on a little race gas or E85 + some timing and were talking way over 700. And of course I could take off my cats. I left a little room to grow just in case [Wink]

Honestly tho that sounds bad ass. Im a little flattered to be racing cars like that

[ May 13, 2011, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [worship] danm bro bout time we get some more seriou cars on this board. Cafords is the kindergarten of big boy fast car forums. My goal is 9's with a eaton and corn. So be ready! [patriot]

[ May 13, 2011, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: 65mustang408 ]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good man. i hope to see the car around when its time for me to move back to the area.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
[Eek!] [worship] danm bro bout time we get some more seriou cars on this board. Cafords is the kindergarten of big boy fast car forums. My goal is 9's with a eaton and corn. So be ready! [patriot]

Yeah man CA used to be about building fast cars, cruising, and racing. Its time we brought it back to its roots. I'm gettn ready for you though. Me and some buddies have plans to show some cats in the bay what's up when were done. Happy to have you rollin with us

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

- Edelbrock Super Victor

I like this. But you know with the stock 3.5 pulley and ported heads I should only see 15-16 lbs of boost making 650+ on pump gas. Now a 3.0 pulley on a little race gas or E85 + some timing and were talking way over 700. And of course I could take off my cats. I left a little room to grow just in case [Wink]

Honestly tho that sounds bad ass. Im a little flattered to be racing cars like that

I have no doubt that your Cobra will be stout. You're putting her together with the right parts. I'm glad you left some room to grow. I did too. My 427 should be good for around 550 to maybe 600... all motor. I plan on running a progressive controller for the nitrous. That will be particularly useful if I decide to bring out one of the bigger bats. My setup will be good for 750 with the smallest shot. That leaves another 400 hp to handle the bullies like yourself that feel the need to pick on a senior citizen like my Fastback. [Big Grin]

I find it pretty funny that my nitrous kit is easily capable of adding a C6 Z06 to my small block lurking under hood.

[ May 14, 2011, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

- Edelbrock Super Victor

I have no doubt that your Cobra will be stout. You're putting her together with the right parts. I'm glad you left some room to grow. I did too. My 427 should be good for around 550 to maybe 600... all motor. I plan on running a progressive controller for the nitrous. That will be particularly useful if I decide to bring out one of the bigger bats. My setup will be good for 750 with the smallest shot. That leaves another 400 hp to handle the bullies like yourself that feel the need to pick on a senior citizen like my Fastback. [Big Grin]
Well shit Dave don't tempt me with a good time. GET ER DONE!! Always down to help turn a wrench too so let me know. I can run out for beer and parts, in the Raptor of course [burnout]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

- Edelbrock Super Victor

Well shit Dave don't tempt me with a good time. GET ER DONE!! Always down to help turn a wrench too so let me know. I can run out for beer and parts, in the Raptor of course [burnout]
LOL. If I had the skills to handle all the fab work (TCI Mustang II front suspension, TCI torque arm rear suspension, mini tub, mild cage) and body work, the damn car would be done already. I have a good friend who is both talented and cost effective. The downside is that he's a one man shop and he's slow.

On a related note, I ruined some poor guy's day with the Raptor a couple weeks ago. Two buddies and I were heading back to the office from lunch. Apparently, the fool thought his RX-8 would handle the Raptor and beat me to the merge. He had that little chainsaw rotary spinning for all it was worth. Once I realized what he was up to, I unleashed the Raptor and yanked him out of the hole. Then I continued to slightly pull on him until well past where he needed to merge. I'm convinced he went straight to the Mazda dealership and traded that thing in.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

When are you going to be up at AED again? I may try to drop by.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I have a shit ton of parts to clean and its finals week. Probably will get around to cleaning them Thurs/Fri then take them back to shaun Saturday. So yeah Saturday.

Oddly enough dave I don't think I have your number saved. PM it to me if you want me to hit you up when I know. Or I will shoot you a PM

[ May 14, 2011, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
Nice Wheels!

you still owe me money for them though.... [worship]

I will race you for the .01 cent once you get the turbo setup finished [Razz]
that's going to be an easy .01 cent earned

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

- Edelbrock Super Victor

I want into on this then too...btw....
[patriot]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
nice!!! i was just going to text you today asking how everythings going.. haha ill tell my viper bud his days are limited haha

hahah. Yeah bro thats kind of why i had your buddy race LETHL03 first. I figured if he didnt beat him, that he wouldnt really have a chance when im ready. I am going to need him and the guy in the C6Z06 for a video i plan on making. I will hit you up when im ready. Also noticed you were looking at the GT500's or Z06's. You getting rid of the Mach?
yeah hit me up..you might have some comp on this site... we have a mole amongst us!!! he has went to the dark side..but i cant speakith who it isith.. the mach will stay for now.. im happy being a middle weight..ill leave you heavyweights alone (for now)..haha
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

- Edelbrock Super Victor

LOL. If I had the skills to handle all the fab work (TCI Mustang II front suspension, TCI torque arm rear suspension, mini tub, mild cage) and body work, the damn car would be done already. I have a good friend who is both talented and cost effective. The downside is that he's a one man shop and he's slow.

On a related note, I ruined some poor guy's day with the Raptor a couple weeks ago. Two buddies and I were heading back to the office from lunch. Apparently, the fool thought his RX-8 would handle the Raptor and beat me to the merge. He had that little chainsaw rotary spinning for all it was worth. Once I realized what he was up to, I unleashed the Raptor and yanked him out of the hole. Then I continued to slightly pull on him until well past where he needed to merge. I'm convinced he went straight to the Mazda dealership and traded that thing in.

poor rx-8's, i pick on them in my 04 Taurus! lol

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I have a shit ton of parts to clean and its finals week. Probably will get around to cleaning them Thurs/Fri then take them back to shaun Saturday. So yeah Saturday.

Oddly enough dave I don't think I have your number saved. PM it to me if you want me to hit you up when I know. Or I will shoot you a PM

Damn man! I thought my car spent alot of time at AED, but i think you got me beat. Lemme know how my rear end looks while you're there on sat, should be close to done, then my car will be complete for a while. Sounds like you are steppin up quickly in your cobra!! [burnout]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Pretty sick, lots of dollars.

I wanna work at DMV!! House payment,bills and still money for toys!!!!

Is that a mail order shortblock or whats up with the toe tag on it?

Dan

Dan I wish I was making big money. Graduating this december though so hopefully I will be soon. I have the luxury of staying home while in school so the parents cut me some slack while I build the car. Been working a shitload of OT and selling/trading my stock parts. Income taxes were on point, raises at work, and some other funds I had coming too me. All worked out right on time.

We went with the Aluminator on this setup too. Nothing like shaving weight off the nose to make it a little faster and more nimble [Wink]

You are a lucky man! Appreciate the time your parents are giving you.

If I lived at home with my parents and didnt have a family and house payment Id have me an 8 second track car and a 9 second street car!! lol

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
quote:

Damn man! I thought my car spent alot of time at AED, but i think you got me beat. Lemme know how my rear end looks while you're there on sat, should be close to done, then my car will be complete for a while. Sounds like you are steppin up quickly in your cobra!! [burnout]
Bro I think yours is done. Shaun was showing me your diff cover and bushings all installed yesterday. Looks good and those half shafts look sexy. Those were the only parts not in yet and Drew did a super clean install. I won't be back until next Saturday though. Wanted to see if you wanted to sell me one of your stock ones. Always good to have a spare with these cars.

[ May 14, 2011, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
Pretty sick, lots of dollars.

I wanna work at DMV!! House payment,bills and still money for toys!!!!

Is that a mail order shortblock or whats up with the toe tag on it?

Dan

Dan I wish I was making big money. Graduating this december though so hopefully I will be soon. I have the luxury of staying home while in school so the parents cut me some slack while I build the car. Been working a shitload of OT and selling/trading my stock parts. Income taxes were on point, raises at work, and some other funds I had coming too me. All worked out right on time.

We went with the Aluminator on this setup too. Nothing like shaving weight off the nose to make it a little faster and more nimble [Wink]

You are a lucky man! Appreciate the time your parents are giving you.

If I lived at home with my parents and didnt have a family and house payment Id have me an 8 second track car and a 9 second street car!! lol

Oh yeah man pops is an old school gearhead too. Used to write the technical manuals for ALLDATA and helped me whenever I had problems with my other cars. This one was a little more than either of us could handle so he knows what's up.

[ May 14, 2011, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All our BS set aside. Its always nice to see another Brotha' geting fast the right way. [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
All our BS set aside. Its always nice to see another Brotha' geting fast the right way. [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

wow, you turned this into a "race" thing and not a race thing....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AED+ 1 bad ass cobra= [worship] [worship] [worship]

That is one bad ass snake, looks like you're doing everything right and I hope I will own a termy one day...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, everything looks great and thanks for sharing!

When you get bored with it, please sell the car to me in the future. [patriot]

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This car will be bad assss!!! Can't wait t see it running. I know your hunting for exotics but I have a 954rr we can run for fun!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com