Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 650rwhp+ Build Thread.... CAN YOU SAY 700!! (Page 11)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: My 650rwhp+ Build Thread.... CAN YOU SAY 700!!
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Great job AED!!!

Crazy power for a SMOG LEGAL setup too!!!

WOWSA!!!

Wish I had the money and technology to play with these modulars!!

Gonna be fun fun fun fun T!!!!!!

Long tubes are smog legal now?

Not sure if I put my praise in yet...but def a great setup going on this one...

Nope she wont pass a visual with the LT's now, but will blow clean with my catted H.

Jason you were right about it being crazy loud though. I will for sure need to switch the mufflers out

shit, you could have no cats in there and it'd probably blow clean...

I thought you had a prochamber on it right now? please don't put cats on it..

and told ya...that car is insanely loud....just leave it the way it is... [Smile]

Dan bro it looks like your building a few bad ass machines as it is

Jason man you are going to have to ride in it. The thing is RIDICULOUS. I mean i do kind of like it, I had people following me on the freeway pointing and smiling. But damn man its FOR SURE going to get me a ticket

I am but I dont pump out the beasts that AED does. Mine are more street beaters than anything. I gotta give AED props tho man your car is a beast!!!

I musta missed it I know its smog legal and aluminum they built the motor right? What is it? I guess my lazy ass could go back and look lol...

I know its gonna stop as good as it goes!

[Smile]

Nah i decided to go with Long Tubes after seeing how restrictive they were at this power level. So its a no go on a visual, but good out of the pipe. The shortblock was the Aluminator from Ford and the rest of the assembly is all his doing. So ported heads, custom valvetrain, ported lower intake, fuel system modifications, GT cams with some adjustments and thats about it. A few other miscellaneous mods went into it but thats the meat and potatoes of the setup.

I dont know how you drive some of the fast cars you put out though. This is going to take a lot of getting used too. Good thing you helped me out with those brakes [Wink]

I dont drive them, they arent mine.

My car I wont drive it on the street because I know better I cant control myself even at 35.

My car is not even gonna be close to yours but I can tell you that I will have just as much fun with it as you are!!

Hell yea!!!!

I bet you are sooo freakin stoked!!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
quote:
T... I've said it before... dibs if you ever sell it. [burnout]

Dave I'm about to head up to AED now. Bring the Raptor by if your not busy
Good hanging out with you guys a bit this afternoon. The car is a beast!
Dave brotha it was good to see you. Its coll that you take your kids with you on all your excursions. Good pops shit right there
I've been taking them to car stuff since they were really little... trying to make sure they get the car bug. Worst case, they will understand what it takes to put together something like your Cobra.

Jake already frequently expresses his distaste for minivans. He says "I don't understand why anyone would buy one." I wonder where he gets that from? [Big Grin]

[ August 06, 2011, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I dont know how you drive some of the fast cars you put out though. This is going to take a lot of getting used too. Good thing you helped me out with those brakes [Wink]

no it won't...just remember to stay "in it to win it"..... [/QB]
Always pull out foo so you dont get no babies!!

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Congrats T... Those numbers are VERY respectable. Can't wait to see this car out on the street!!!!

Whats funny man is now that I have been riding in my buddy's cobra i stay seeing you on Calvine. We saw you today when we were heading to the tire shop. I can already tell that as soon as I get in my car all im going to see are smart cars and Toyota Prius...es...

Anyone know the correct plural form of Prius? is it Priui?

The plural would be "nuisances".
I work at Toyota and we call them Prii (Pre-Eye)
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow great numbers!! Congrats!!

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
...i'll be up there next Friday.

...mind if i take it for a drive!?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSSSIKH:

No problem bro. While your there just drop pff the cash for the rest of my bill to Shaun too. We can just call it your rental fee [Razz]
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SSSSIKH:

No problem bro. While your there just drop pff the cash for the rest of my bill to Shaun too. We can just call it your rental fee [Razz]
Sounds good!!..if I do that I might just drive it home.... Can you meet me there to sign the 'bill of sale'!? [burnout]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Here is a lil vid of her rolling

http://youtu.be/QLjBdZJboMI

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Here is a lil vid of her rolling

http://youtu.be/QLjBdZJboMI

Sounds mean

[ August 08, 2011, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks hella clean

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit T the car is loooking bad ass bro. I started following this build from the beginning and it was worth the wait so I can only imagine what your feeling. Mad props to you and AED. Now enjoy her and keep up he hard work. PS now you got me wanting a Street legal setup like yours in my fox. Time to start dreaming lol. [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too loud!! What happened to grown man!? Lol

Looks good tho...

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Yeah those mufflers, if you wanna call em that, are going bye bye. Its way too loud and I can't really afford any tickets with this job I'm working at getting

ISP89LX she is almost all legal, but I went with long tubes at the end of the build due to my power level. Other than those she is good to go.

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe it was just me, or because I'm white and everyones trying to get the white man down these days.. [Wink] , but when I had my truck, I did the same thing with my tags on my plates a got pulled over for it. They said it made it harder to read or something. Just FYI.. Looks good. But ill smoke you in my LX FORSURE. Nothing like 500 shot of nitrous and gt40ps. Unbeatable combo. Ohh and the almighty bcam. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

[ August 08, 2011, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: MikeD. ]

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah those mufflers, if you wanna call em that, are going bye bye. Its way too loud and I can't really afford any tickets with this job I'm working at getting

ISP89LX she is almost all legal, but I went with long tubes at the end of the build due to my power level. Other than those she is good to go.

do NOT put cats back on it....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LOL isn't this statement kind of an oxymoron? You talk about too loud and tickets with the job you're working on but you admit to having illegal long tubes that cannot be smogged in CA? LOL Just be careful man if you run into the wrong CHP officer on the wrong day they write tickets to other officer's too sucks but it's a reality. Definitely looking forward to seeing that car out asap!
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:

LOL isn't this statement kind of an oxymoron? You talk about too loud and tickets with the job you're working on but you admit to having illegal long tubes that cannot be smogged in CA? LOL Just be careful man if you run into the wrong CHP officer on the wrong day they write tickets to other officer's too sucks but it's a reality. Definitely looking forward to seeing that car out asap!
Exactly bro. It brings up the question of how long they will stay on the car and if long tubes are worth the potential hassle. Ahhh the never ending debate
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly bro. It brings up the question of how long they will stay on the car and if long tubes are worth the potential hassle. Ahhh the never ending debate
It's one of those catch 22's isn't it, they are soo worth it but lol it sucks lol one of my buddies just got a ticket from CHP for tint the guy told him he was an officer and the chip said well we're not in your area are we? LOL what a dick!
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Maybe it was just me, or because I'm white and everyones trying to get the white man down these days.. [Wink] , but when I had my truck, I did the same thing with my tags on my plates a got pulled over for it. They said it made it harder to read or something. Just FYI.. Looks good. But ill smoke you in my LX FORSURE. Nothing like 500 shot of nitrous and gt40ps. Unbeatable combo. Ohh and the almighty bcam. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Mike, its because your white...

--------------------

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's why you slap all of it into a old school and give em the finger! I will trade you my manifolds for you LT's if you need [Razz]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's one of those catch 22's isn't it, they are soo worth it but lol it sucks lol one of my buddies just got a ticket from CHP for tint the guy told him he was an officer and the chip said well we're not in your area are we? LOL what a dick!
And you know its the small stuff that gets you pulled over. Tint, no front plate, etc. Hell I even worry about my HID's sometimes

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
That's why you slap all of it into a old school and give em the finger! I will trade you my manifolds for you LT's if you need [Razz]

Talon I feel you on that brotha. But you had me a lil scared when EGPD was getting on your case with the 65. Luckily I have my stock manifolds still. Did you ever see that officer again or file a complaint?

--------------------

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah eg is ridiculous. No haven't seen officer Nussin again but its only a matter of time since I take the car out almost everyday. Been pulled over a few more times but no tickets just compliments. Looking forward to the cruise and rolling next to that beast!

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
throw some magnaflows on there T!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com