Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Had A Run In With A C6 Z06 (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Had A Run In With A C6 Z06
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
I don't think the stockers would look bad at all assuming the car has a stance and a nice thick American brand 285-40-17 in the rear and a small spacer.

Luke refresh my memory, when you switched to the 18x10 rears did you still need a spacer or was it good? I see a lot of cats running a 3/8 spacer with the 18x10 wheels on these cars, but I don't remember needing one back when I had the 96
Remember, the track width of the 94-98 differs from the 99-up. With the typical 18x10 22mm Replica wheel, I like to run a 1/4" or 3/8" spacer on the back on a 94-98. With the 99-up, I don't think it would be needed with that same wheel.

On the other hand, I know Epik was/is running a 1/4" spacer on his Fr500s however, so maybe someone can chime in and comment on the track width comparing 99-04 SLA to 99-up IRS.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol just trying to stir shit up. I think it would be a good race between a zo6. I secretly want a cobra to. not sure if the saleen would be a good race until I get my boost, but I'm all round sac just keep ya eyes open.
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey T you should bring the Cobra out to Sac Raceway tonight. I think Epik, Frick, myself and some other cats are gonna roll out there. You should go to see what MPH that thing will trap.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Hey T you should bring the Cobra out to Sac Raceway tonight. I think Epik, Frick, myself and some other cats are gonna roll out there. You should go to see what MPH that thing will trap.

Yeah the boy Chad vettaphile hit me up about goin. I might roll but probably won't race it yet. Gotta keep my lil bit o cash in the pocket till next friday

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn dude just stick to beating on the maros for now lol. Vettes are out of the cobras league.
Red98
Member # 4625

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red98  Ford pictures for Red98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Terrance,

Your pictures look great. There are a few tips to improve them greatly, as previously mention. I don't take great pictures and am slow to learn cameras, but i've taken great classes.

The best improvement is to get the sun at your back and don't have trees or street lights coming out of the top of a car or someone's head. In your case, you were screwed. You couldn't move the trees and poles, or change the position of the sun, or car. (Also make sure the background is not competing for attention, like in front of a wall with graffiti, poles, trees, people or anything to distract from what it is you are showing.)

But you can change the exposure of the camera. The sun looked overhead and the sky was bright. For you to see the details of the grill and scoop and wheels etc, you would have to put your hand to your forehead to block out the bright sky. Your camera can't do that, but you can do at least 2 things. Oh and I try to always use the lens hood whenever I shoot pictures.

One, as mentioned, is to change the exposure reading of the camera. If you are looking into the light or in this case a very bright sky, you can't expose for both. It will never look as good as when the sun is behind you. But you can decide which is more important to look better. In this case you expose for the car and let the sky blow our a bright white.

Here's how you do it. Canon uses 3 light metering modes to judge the volume of light to let into the camera. 1 is called evaluative and reads light from the entire screen. Your camera was set on this. So when you have a car with a bright sky behind it, it says wow, there's too much light so it lets less light in and as a result the dark car gets darker and the sky is less bright, but still blown out. 2nd meterting mode is center weighted and meters the entire frame, but puts more reading of light from the center of the screen. 3rd is partial metering which on my canon measures all the light only from the center circle on the screen= 9% of the entire screen. Therefore it only meters the light say from the grill area.

But here's the trick. You have to put the center circle on what you want to be properly exposed, in this case the grill (front of the car). The car is now setting the exposure reading, not the bright sky. And of course the sky gets brighter or blown out when the pict is taken. The way to do it is you frame the car however you want, then shift the camera so the center circle is on the part you want to show ie grill (car) and push the button half way. This is what activated the metering and focusing. Then move the camera back to frame the pict you want to show and push the button the final half way.

Same thing with a group of people at different distances. (I leave on partial metering almost all the time. Some call it spot metering. All the animal photographers do this [and wide open aperture and aperture priority as you always get a pict, but not always on time priority]. Put the circle on the face of the person you want in focus to be exposed correctly. Say they are 12 wide and your subject is on the far right. Set the zoom to frame the picture you want. Or walk nearer or away to get it if using a fixed lens. Then focus on the face you want and push the button half way. This makes that person in focus and properly exposed. Then shift the camera back to include the group of 12 and push the button the rest of the way to take the pict.

Your picture exposing for the entire screen, especially the sky.

-

Here's one much more difficult to show the car as the sun is almost directly looking into the camera. The car is the only thing I cared about so I set the metering to partial, spot or 9% of the area to limit the exposure setting to be assessed by what the circle is set on. I didn't have to reframe the shot much as he came to the line I waited til he took off and pressed the button. As I recall, I put the exposure circle on his face.

Notice the front end as lights area and firebird license area is more visible than yours, even the pepsi can, but the girls in the back and the sky is blown out. I sacrificed the back ground for the foreground with the car.

-

Another way to verify exposure is to take a pict and look at the histogram. the peaks should end at each end, the light end (right) and the dark end (left). You may be able to se the camera so both the pic and histogram shows up after taking the picture. If the black lines are to one side, the exposure is off.

Off

-

Better

-

More spread out to the ends with going into the ends heavily is better, but you take what you get. After looking at the histogram, you can move the exposure by setting the camera to read lighter or darker. You do that here. This is a pict of what it looks like from the manuel. It's in the viewer on top of the camera.

-

As an aside, all the canon pro photographers I ask and the instructors at nikon school, said during a class about 2005 that the exposure is off on the camera and as a matter of course, they leave the camera to + one third to + two thirds. ie the top picture would be an increase of + one. Don't know about current ones though.

And as said above, practice a lot. But you must keep written notes of what you did. Trust me, you won't remember.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 deep:
2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, Vettaphile, Iceman302, Frick, Purpl Coupe, Navid, 04cobra408

Can we get a video compilation of each one of these battles? [Cool]
Sure. I'll pick the camera man for our run. He can ride with T and film. Does anyone know any NFL linebackers?

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
quote:
2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, Vettaphile, Iceman302, Frick, Purpl Coupe, Navid, 04cobra408

Sure. I'll pick the camera man for our run. He can ride with T and film. Does anyone know any NFL linebackers?
Actually I have a friend who's a safety for the cheifs. Maybe we can get his teamate over here. LOL

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I have a friend who's a safety for the cheifs. Maybe we can get his teamate over here. LOL
Hell, bring them both. The trunk on T's Cobra might be big enough to have one hide in there and the other guy film. That might be just the ticket. [Big Grin]

[ July 21, 2010, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yo T, why don't you bring the Snake out to the track tonight & line em up with the Mach. That way you could show me "how fast it is, or isn't".... [Big Grin] [burnout]

[ July 21, 2010, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm thinkn we can get a ballerina or maybe a midget. We can rent midgets on CL right?

Red98 bro where have you been all my life? I can see your actually studying the material. TEACH ME!!! That was real in depth tho man. I have my camera today so ima practice today with my car

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Yo T, why don't you bring the Snake out to the track tonight & line em up with the Mach. That way you could show me "how fast it is, or isn't".... [Big Grin] [burnout]

I should have my slicks and skinnies next week so we can both launch at 5k. When I take it to the track I dont wanna play around with 500 ft/lbs of torque on 275/40 street tires.

--------------------

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hope u like halfshaft replacements.

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a pick from the last time John and T ran around together!

-

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lmmmao [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
hope u like halfshaft replacements.

Heck nah. I wake up in a cold sweat and lose my erection just thinking about it. Luckily Dan says you got skills so I will have Racsirx tow it to Pacheco. John and Yaterstang can make us subway sanwiches while we work

--------------------

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what power is breaking power on the IRS halfshafts?

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] 2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, Vettaphile, Iceman302, Frick, Purpl Coupe, Navid, 04cobra408

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm thinkn we can get a ballerina or maybe a midget. We can rent midgets on CL right?
Done. Do you want to shake on it now?

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] 2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, Vettaphile, Iceman302, Frick, Purpl Coupe, Navid, 04cobra408

-

You know, I am starting to hate the internets ability to find a picture of almost anything. 10 years ago, when I was 13, you couldn't just find a picture of a sumo wrestler in a pink tutu. Lol

cm4hawks Honestly man I'm not sure. I have seen/read threads about guys breaking the shafts in stock trim. Other times guys have ran 10's on the stock halfs. From the convo I had with Drew he said as long as you don't try to power through the wheel hop the shafts will hold up fine. But I can just see mine snapping if I look at em too hard.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

You know, I am starting to hate the internets ability to find a picture of almost anything. 10 years ago, when I was 13, you couldn't just find a picture of a sumo wrestler in a pink tutu. Lol

cm4hawks Honestly man I'm not sure. I have seen/read threads about guys breaking the shafts in stock trim. Other times guys have ran 10's on the stock halfs. From the convo I had with Drew he said as long as you don't try to power through the wheel hop the shafts will hold up fine. But I can just see mine snapping if I look at em too hard.

LMAO... almost anything. I'm still searching for that elusive photo of Henry Tate.

And 10 years ago, when I was 23, you couldn't rent midgets on Craig's List.

[ July 21, 2010, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
what power is breaking power on the IRS halfshafts?

You'll break the front mount tabs on the IRS pumpkin before a halfshaft at that power level.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I should have my slicks and skinnies next week so we can both launch at 5k. When I take it to the track I dont wanna play around with 500 ft/lbs of torque on 275/40 street tires.
you don't even have an IRS brace and your going to do a 5k dump on slicks! your out your fuckin mind! ha ha ha! I have an IRS brace and i still would not do that

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:

you don't even have an IRS brace and your going to do a 5k dump on slicks! your out your fuckin mind! ha ha ha! I have an IRS brace and i still would not do that
Yeah foo I have the Billetflow brace powdercoated to match the car. That's one of the first things some of you OG's told me to get. But believe me the 5k dump will be more like a 5k clutch burn. Hopefully by the time I stab it I will only be at about 3k and right in my torque curve about to hit boooooooooooooooost [burnout]

Well that's the plan anyway...

[ July 22, 2010, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah foo I have the Billetflow brace powdercoated to match the car. That's one of the first things some of you OG's told me to get. But believe me the 5k dump will be more like a 5k clutch burn. Hopefully by the time I stab it I will only be at about 3k and right in my torque curve about to hit boooooooooooooooost [burnout]

LMK when your ready to take that dyno queen to the track T... I might not win, but I won't go down without a fight LOL...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Execute your plan. That will execute your clutch. Then I'll be happy to execute your Cobra with my four door family car. [Razz]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com