Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Had A Run In With A C6 Z06 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Had A Run In With A C6 Z06
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That vette looks so mean. I love my fords but always wanted a vette [worship] [worship] [burnout] [burnout]

[ July 19, 2010, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: 94 N.C.F. GT ]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heeeeeeellll nah I better not be beatin any c6 z06's. With the mods I have I better get beat by a $70K car, but I bet he will look out his side view and see me on that ass. Haha

Phil man I got whipple vision already and haven't even put 100 miles on the car. Is the vanilla bean fired up yet

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Heeeeeeellll nah I better not be beatin any c6 z06's. With the mods I have I better get beat by a $70K car, but I bet he will look out his side view and see me on that ass. Haha

Phil man I got whipple vision already and haven't even put 100 miles on the car. Is the vanilla bean fired up yet

jus gotta run my fuel system, should start up this weekend, i gotta throw you on my hit list now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey,

Ill come take pics [Wink]

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't make 480 to the wheels stock. They're "only" 505 at the crank so you're saying they only lose 5% through the drivetrain? They usually make low to mid 430's stock, depending on the dyno.

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 87_Hatch:
So I'm guessing you just forgot to add the video of you racing him right? [Big Grin] great pics car looks sick! [patriot]

I wish. My car was still in the shop so I was rollin my lil sisters chevy mailbu. "The bu thang."

Given my power levels it would have been a good run. I think those make 500-550 at the crank and I probably make 500 or so. Then again aerodynamics are not on my side

i'd hate to say T but that Z06 wouldve been your first loss. not only aero dynamically better but alot lighter. tcarbon fiber fenders, they make around 480 rwhp. thats if it was stock with stock exhaust.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what your saying is that I could in fact beat if not seriously almost beat a relatively stock c6 z06?
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
They don't make 480 to the wheels stock. They're "only" 505 at the crank so you're saying they only lose 5% through the drivetrain? They usually make low to mid 430's stock, depending on the dyno.

quote:
quote:
quote:
So I'm guessing you just forgot to add the video of you racing him right? [Big Grin] great pics car looks sick! [patriot]

I wish. My car was still in the shop so I was rollin my lil sisters chevy mailbu. "The bu thang."

Given my power levels it would have been a good run. I think those make 500-550 at the crank and I probably make 500 or so. Then again aerodynamics are not on my side

i'd hate to say T but that Z06 wouldve been your first loss. not only aero dynamically better but alot lighter. tcarbon fiber fenders, they make around 480 rwhp. thats if it was stock with stock exhaust.

--------------------

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
correction..yea your right that depends on the dyno. completly stock 440-460. if they change the intake and nothng else they make around 480.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So what your saying is that I could in fact beat if not seriously almost beat a relatively stock c6 z06?

Terrance... Any questions???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WsCnpQ5Y0M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nerZO6JE9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkYWBmqZRhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_mQPxecHw

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50Deep the way you say your car is running I definitely think you could take out a zo6 [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

quote:
Originally posted by 94 N.C.F. GT:
50Deep the way you say your car is running I definitely think you could take out a zo6 [Whoo Whooooo!]

If you can BANG THEM GEARS [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

I'm sure there are videos of z06's gettn beat by cobras also. But the fact remains that our power levels are similar, therefore winning is a possibility. And all I need is a chance. C6 Z06's here I come!!!!!

--------------------

Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sure there are videos of z06's gettn beat by cobras also. But the fact remains that our power levels are similar, therefore winning is a possibility. And all I need is a chance. [Big Grin] C5 Z06's here I come!!!!! [Big Grin]
^^Fixed for you T! [Big Grin]

You are forgetting power to weight ratio T. C6 Z is almost 600 lbs. lighter bro. You would need almost 100 hp more than one to pull on it.

[ July 19, 2010, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Purple Coupe ]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Untouched those vets go mid to low elevens & trap 125+. Throw some tires and bolt ons they dip into tens, still smog legal.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why dont you race your brothers C4 Vette and let us know the results. Then we will guage it from there hahaha.

[ July 19, 2010, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Purple Coupe ]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aw man I was hopin for something else when I clicked on here! But very nice shots T! Looks like you're getting used to that camera huh [Big Grin]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm saying that you could give one a good run. You have a slight edge in power (30-40hp) and a big edge in torque. The only thing that levels the playing field is that they're about 400lbs lighter.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

quote:
quote:
quote:

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Hmmmmmmmm. Looks like I need to find a stock C6 Z06 and see how I do.

Racing my brothers C4 would be a waste of time, I told Matt I want to practice against the black mamba and get my shifting down

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Coupe:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sure there are videos of z06's gettn beat by cobras also. But the fact remains that our power levels are similar, therefore winning is a possibility. And all I need is a chance. [Big Grin] C5 Z06's here I come!!!!! [Big Grin]
^^Fixed for you T! [Big Grin]

You are forgetting power to weight ratio T. C6 Z is almost 600 lbs. lighter bro. You would need almost 100 hp more than one to pull on it.

Haahhaah. If I did beat one it would be by a nose, But if I can hang car to car for most of the run I'm good.

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T actually thinks he can beat C6 zo6's? WHIPPLED Cobras have a hard time beating stock c6 zo6's! next thing you know your gonna believe they make a 2.2 pulley for your Cobra huh? [Razz]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get the 4.0L Crusher blower and youll be good to go!

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:

fuck that, just get a c6 zo6 and shit on whippled Cobras! while still passin smog!

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

fuck that, just get a c6 zo6 and shit on whippled Cobras! while still passin smog!
HEFTY difference in insurance and car payment lol

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:
quote:

I would take a slightly used c6 zo6 over the new shelby. the new shelby's are over 50k new! you can get a 08 c6 zo6 for that or less. hell all a c5 zo6 needs to beat a pullied cobra is a cam and longtubes....

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would take a slightly used c6 zo6 over the new shelby. the new shelby's are over 50k new! you can get a 08 c6 zo6 for that or less. hell all a c5 zo6 needs to beat a pullied cobra is a cam and longtubes....
ya even at 50k though your payments are still north of 1k, and insurance (if you have a couple o tickets) is gonna be 2-300 a month

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ya even at 50k though your payments are still north of 1k, and insurance (if you have a couple o tickets) is gonna be 2-300 a month
You must have fucked up credit! [Razz] if I financed 50k for 7 years I would pay $715.00 a month. on a new car for 7 years if I went used I would pay 950 a month for 5 years. Hypothetically, I would put some money down to lower my payments or trade in a car etc. My insurance would be WELL under 300 a month as well for full coverage. in the end I guess it's about what you can afford. I just can't see paying over 50k for a mustang...

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com