Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Had A Run In With A C6 Z06 (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Had A Run In With A C6 Z06
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
Look at JeffS times with his 07 Z06

'07 Z06 Bone Stock on Stock Tires = 11.55 @ 126.6 / Bone Stock on DR's = 11.22 @ 125.6

[burnout]

This ^^

Those things run hard off the show room floor, I'd admit I wouldnt mess w/ one off a roll if I was all motor (475 rw).

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
WHIPPLED Cobras have a hard time beating stock c6 zo6's!

There are 3 in the Wichita area, 2 of which I've handed their azz's to them already...a few times. The 3rd, it's my landlords car...and he refuses to run me. [Wink] I told him I wanted to run for a month's free rent.

A pullied Cobra, driven correctly...will hang no prob with a C6 Zo6. [patriot]

U must mean a pullied WHIPPLED cobra w mario andretti driving, what is there to believe? Z06 is lighter and faster. Let us know when u beat one and I'll let u know when my uncle becomes my aunt
Looks like a stock Pulley to me.
 -
You sound just like the guys I gave a ass-whoopin' to. Stock MAF, Injectors, Fuel pumps...and stock pulley.

Vette guys hate losing as much as they hate making that fat payment for their d!ck extension AKA car payment.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Damn T, once you get an 03 cobra you think you're the king of the world! Look at JeffS times with his 07 Z06

'07 Z06 Bone Stock on Stock Tires = 11.55 @ 126.6 / Bone Stock on DR's = 11.22 @ 125.6

Let me know when you get those times at the track and then maybe you could beat one? Or hopefully you run some old man that makes even longer submarine sandwiches than you in between shifts. [burnout]

Hell yeah. I hope nobody ever buys a car, puts money into it, then thinks its not the shit. I wish I would sit here like a chump and say "your right guys, my car that puts down 477/502 to the wheel and would walk most the cars in this thread is slow." If that's what you guys are hoping for then I would give up now.

The terminators I have seen in my power range trap 120-122 and hit 11.90's. You and I both know Jeff S is an above average driver as most vettes seen at sac raceway Hit 12's all day and nowhere near 125. My car pre-whipple is no slouch and can definitely hang with 80% of what's on the street. When I upgrade the blower I will go looking fot the other 20%

LOL T, we're just giving you a hard time. You can hang with more than 80% that's on the street. Go beat up some of the new camaros.
Nah I love it man and I need the push. If not for you guys id be in a v6 probably. Any updates on the "white girl?"

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
WHIPPLED Cobras have a hard time beating stock c6 zo6's!

There are 3 in the Wichita area, 2 of which I've handed their azz's to them already...a few times. The 3rd, it's my landlords car...and he refuses to run me. [Wink] I told him I wanted to run for a month's free rent.

A pullied Cobra, driven correctly...will hang no prob with a C6 Zo6. [patriot]

U must mean a pullied WHIPPLED cobra w mario andretti driving, what is there to believe? Z06 is lighter and faster. Let us know when u beat one and I'll let u know when my uncle becomes my aunt
Looks like a stock Pulley to me.
 -
You sound just like the guys I gave a ass-whoopin' to. Stock MAF, Injectors, Fuel pumps...and stock pulley.

Vette guys hate losing as much as they hate making that fat payment for their d!ck extension AKA car payment.

oh john, be honest, it only beat those vette's cause you built it, you work on airplanes, i'm not surprised you can make that 4.6 scream.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All though we all love fords, but man you can't miss with the vettes.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Damn T, once you get an 03 cobra you think you're the king of the world! Look at JeffS times with his 07 Z06

Let me know when you get those times at the track and then maybe you could beat one? Or hopefully you run some old man that makes even longer submarine sandwiches than you in between shifts. [burnout]

Hell yeah. I hope nobody ever buys a car, puts money into it, then thinks its not the shit. I wish I would sit here like a chump and say "your right guys, my car that puts down 477/502 to the wheel and would walk most the cars in this thread is slow." If that's what you guys are hoping for then I would give up now.

The terminators I have seen in my power range trap 120-122 and hit 11.90's. You and I both know Jeff S is an above average driver as most vettes seen at sac raceway Hit 12's all day and nowhere near 125. My car pre-whipple is no slouch and can definitely hang with 80% of what's on the street. When I upgrade the blower I will go looking fot the other 20%

LOL T, we're just giving you a hard time. You can hang with more than 80% that's on the street. Go beat up some of the new camaros.
Nah I love it man and I need the push. If not for you guys id be in a v6 probably. Any updates on the "white girl?"
At Drew's getting her heart ripped out. [Smile]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
T any plans to take it up to Sac in the near future? I'd be interested to see what that Terminator is able to mph and how it compares to a 125-126mph bone stock Z06 [Razz]

Then I'd start with this and work my way up to the C6 [Razz]

-

Luke that C4 might be too much for my car. Id wanna start off racing something a lil slower. This car look familiar [Big Grin]

- [Big Grin]

Now you are talking...

I'll give you 209rwhp for a set of slicks and skinnies if you are on street radials [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats some good photo work man. and the vette...FUCKING DOPE!!

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

Posts: 257 | From: South City | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Until I find a base C6 or Zo6 to run you can Pull the mach or the coupe out so you can see just how fast it is.... or isn't [Big Grin]

Sure pick on the slow guy to make your car look better. Until you get out to the track & run faster than my 12.73 (which I certainly hope you can do your 1st time out even on street tires), I'm still faster than you technically. & BTW, having Matt drive your car doesn't count LOL...

quote:
your right guys, my car that puts down 477/502 to the wheel and would walk most the cars in this thread is slow." If that's what you guys are hoping for then I would give up now.

Never said anything about my car, or any of the cars in this thread being able to hang with the likes of your car, I said your car will NOT beat a C6 Z06... Also never said anything about your car being slow, once again, I said its not faster than a C6 Z06...

BTW, I see your sig, & noticed I'm not on the people you wanna race list anymore? Damn T, you get a Terminator & forget where you came from. I guess the 300rwhp cars aren't cool enough to be on that list [Frown]

Either way, its all love T, its all in good fun... I might just have to sell everything I have, plus maybe a kidney so I can go out & buy a C6 Z06 just so I can be faster than 50 Deep again LOL...

[ July 20, 2010, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *1 HoT Ls1*:

Thanks man, the advice I have been getting on taking photos is paying off

luke96svt luke man with you on radials I already know you'd launch on me. Especially since your prone to 6k clutch drops and I would be trying my hardest not to snap an axle

Epik you just tole me not to pick on your cars but now you wanna race me. Haha foo we been goin at it for years since I first had the 96. You know you will always be my first "competitive speeding" love. [Big Grin]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *1 HoT Ls1*:

Thanks man, the advice I have been getting on taking photos is paying off

luke96svt luke man with you on radials I already know you'd launch on me. Especially since your prone to 6k clutch drops and I would be trying my hardest not to snap an axle

Epik you just tole me not to pick on your cars but now you wanna race me. Haha foo we been goin at it for years since I first had the 96. You know you will always be my first "competitive speeding" love. [Big Grin]

Damn. I just noticed that I am on "the list". Is this what it feels like to have a hit put on you?

Speaking of a hit, I just might have to ruin your day, T. My car might be wearing a hit of a different kind. Just saying... [Big Grin]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, ugotsmoked, iceman302, frick & growing....

Nice sig T.Go ahead and add me to the list too [worship] ..Please [Wink]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Coupe:
2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, ugotsmoked, iceman302, frick & growing....

A party in SAC??? I havn't even driven the 96 in 4 years but shit I'll wipe the dust off and you can count me in.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:

Yeah buddy. I'm savin you 10 second boys for once I'm whippled. Boy it must be Christmas

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yeah buddy. I'm savin you 10 second boys for once I'm whippled. Boy it must be Christmas
With your power level, there should be a handful of guys on this site that can hand you a 10.99 time slip as is [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:

With your power level, there should be a handful of guys on this site that can hand you a 10.99 time slip as is [Wink]
Luke man you already know how long I have been waiting for you to come out of retirement. Dust off your helmet son!!

--------------------

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see I made your top 3 on the list. You made mine too! Can't wait. Make sure you get each one on video so we can see how it went down.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
I see I made your top 3 on the list. You made mine too! Can't wait. Make sure you get each one on video so we can see how it went down.

I'm diggin the sig. But yeah man it looks like the streetracing secction might make a come back soon

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Let's see some pics of this thing since coming out of AED. Have you already decided which cafords style replica wheels are going on?

--------------------
Stangless

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey T, I'm trying to arrange a meeting between you and a C6. Check it out!

There's one c5 ready!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/northern-california/2642469-this-03-cobra-will-smoke-every-c6-z06-on-the-planet.html#post1574764085

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big T lol... Hola at me when you get that whipple!

I dont think your a match for me right now (N/A trap 128) [Big Grin] [Razz]

Off a roll I think youll get me, but only "DIG" over here playa!

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 50 deep:
2 Race: Eastbay50, 8stang8, Nastysvt, Streakmatt, Lethl03, Vettaphile, Iceman302, Frick, Purpl Coupe, Navid, 04cobra408

Can we get a video compilation of each one of these battles? [Cool]

--------------------
Stangless

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Let's see some pics of this thing since coming out of AED. Have you already decided which cafords style replica wheels are going on?

I'm not sure yet. If anything I'm going to keep it stock and simple but with the 18 inch 03 cobra wheels. After that I will just save for a nice 2 piece mesh/forged wheel. These cars don't need as much to look pretty damn good, but its real easy to make em look bad with the wrong wheel/tire combo

Yaterstang When you get done running around message boards with my penis let me know so I can be there to check out the sloleen

8stang8 Rob c'mon foo you already know I'm not tryna pop a half shaft messin with the bronze bandit. Maybe a 20mph sushi roll?

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

I don't think the stockers would look bad at all assuming the car has a stance and a nice thick American brand 285-40-17 in the rear and a small spacer.

--------------------
Stangless

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
I don't think the stockers would look bad at all assuming the car has a stance and a nice thick American brand 285-40-17 in the rear and a small spacer.

Luke refresh my memory, when you switched to the 18x10 rears did you still need a spacer or was it good? I see a lot of cats running a 3/8 spacer with the 18x10 wheels on these cars, but I don't remember needing one back when I had the 96

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com