Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Had A Run In With A C6 Z06 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Had A Run In With A C6 Z06
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just get the 4.0L Crusher blower and youll be good to go!

fuck that, just get a c6 zo6 and shit on whippled Cobras! while still passin smog!
HEFTY difference in insurance and car payment lol
I would take a slightly used c6 zo6 over the new shelby. the new shelby's are over 50k new! you can get a 08 c6 zo6 for that or less. hell all a c5 zo6 needs to beat a pullied cobra is a cam and longtubes....
ya even at 50k though your payments are still north of 1k, and insurance (if you have a couple o tickets) is gonna be 2-300 a month
You must have fucked up credit! [Razz] if I financed 50k for 7 years I would pay $715.00 a month. on a new car for 7 years if I went used I would pay 950 a month for 5 years. Hypothetically, I would put some money down to lower my payments or trade in a car etc. My insurance would be WELL under 300 a month as well for full coverage. in the end I guess it's about what you can afford. I just can't see paying over 50k for a mustang...
Oh I am in agreement lol, I wouldnt spen 50k or more on a stang. And yes I want a vette, but there are other used cars I would get over a vette for the same price.... a used viper comes to mind lol, if im gonna spend up to 1k a month on something it better look gnarly [Razz]

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fuck that, just get a c6 zo6 and shit on whippled Cobras! while still passin smog!
I would take a slightly used c6 zo6 over the new shelby. the new shelby's are over 50k new! you can get a 08 c6 zo6 for that or less. hell all a c5 zo6 needs to beat a pullied cobra is a cam and longtubes....
ya even at 50k though your payments are still north of 1k, and insurance (if you have a couple o tickets) is gonna be 2-300 a month
You must have fucked up credit! [Razz] if I financed 50k for 7 years I would pay $715.00 a month. on a new car for 7 years if I went used I would pay 950 a month for 5 years. Hypothetically, I would put some money down to lower my payments or trade in a car etc. My insurance would be WELL under 300 a month as well for full coverage. in the end I guess it's about what you can afford. I just can't see paying over 50k for a mustang...
Oh I am in agreement lol, I wouldnt spen 50k or more on a stang. And yes I want a vette, but there are other used cars I would get over a vette for the same price.... a used viper comes to mind lol, if im gonna spend up to 1k a month on something it better look gnarly [Razz]
i like the zo6's better than vipers. i would not spend 1k a month on any one car. Like i said, i would put some money down to lower my payments. i ain't ballin like that ha ha ha!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i like the zo6's better than vipers. i would not spend 1k a month on any one car. Like i said, i would put some money down to lower my payments. i ain't ballin like that ha ha ha!
The vipers just look unique to me, like when you see a ZO6 vetter you gotta look twice to make sure its a Z06, not really set apart from the base C6.

But ya 1k a month is large, i spend that on two cars every month lol

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
T actually thinks he can beat C6 zo6's? WHIPPLED Cobras have a hard time beating stock c6 zo6's! next thing you know your gonna believe they make a 2.2 pulley for your Cobra huh? [Razz]

Heck yeah. The only races I admit defeat too are the ones I have actually lost. Once I get my ass handed to me by a C6 Z06 I will say I lost. Until then you should be looking at a 2.2 pulley so you can have a shot at beating me [burnout]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
correction..yea your right that depends on the dyno. completly stock 440-460. if they change the intake and nothng else they make around 480.

Maybe an intake with a matching tune. [Razz]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry 50 but seriously the Z06 is so far outta your league and a most everybody's league on this board as far as performance is concerned.

Z06 vs. Ferrari
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0EM8pgtPQQ

Z06 vs. Lambo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6it6qExw-gs

Z06 vs. Supra LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okbOiKJSbn8&feature=fvst

Z06 vs. Viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwzwB6owx18

You might want to get the whipple out before you take one on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3S0XRt9Dxw

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Sorry 50 but seriously the Z06 is so far outta your league and a most everybody's league on this board as far as performance is concerned.

Z06 vs. Ferrari

Z06 vs. Lambo

Z06 vs. Supra LOL

Z06 vs. Viper

all those races were nice but none from a dig [Frown]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Z06 vs. Lambo

bicutan manila, skytoll bridge great place to race...straight corrupt nephews of a gov. official right there..

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Z06 vs. Ferrari

Z06 vs. Lambo

Z06 vs. Supra LOL

Z06 vs. Viper

The C6 Zo6's are undoubtedly ballzy and not to be underestimated. I may get got now, however the careful application of fuel and boost solves all issues. The next one I see in a relatively safe location its on.

I ain't neva scurred [Razz]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Earth to Terrance.....ET phone home.....

C'mon brotha, smell the roses, until you get a whipple, the Cobra will not stand a chance against a lightly modded, or even a stock C6 Z06. Hell, I am willing to bet that even a bolt on 430hp LS3 C6 will give you a very close run.

[ July 20, 2010, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
port w/ a smaller pulley and you will be alright. but since you're a puss, that will never happen. besides you need to learn how to drive the car as it is now....
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

C'mon brotha, smell the roses, until you get a whipple, the Cobra will not stand a chance against a lightly modded, or even a stock C6 Z06. Hell, I am willing to bet that even a bolt on 430hp LS3 C6 will give you a very close run.

I already ran a c6 when my motor was hurt and by the end of 2nd I was pulling ahead. So until I come across a c6 Z06 and get walked, not barely beat, but walked I will stand by my 477 rear wheel all day

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
port w/ a smaller pulley and you will be alright. but since you're a puss, that will never happen. besides you need to learn how to drive the car as it is now....

The ghost returns..... Yeah man you felt that tri-ax the other day. I have a feeling it will be my demise. The ported eaton numbers I saw on svtp made less torque and sometimes less hp than I got now with a lot more heat. I will just Learn the car "slow" for now and get what pointers I can from Matt then get a whipple/kb later...... We droppin that motor this weekend?

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

I already ran a c6 when my motor was hurt and by the end of 2nd I was pulling ahead. So until I come across a c6 Z06 and get walked, not barely beat, but walked I will stand by my 477 rear wheel all day
LOL, you probably raced an LS2 C6 Vette which were only rated @400hp. I find it hard to believe that your stock (at the time) 3,665lb, 390 hp car with a hurt motor could beat a 3,200 lb, 430 hp car unless the other driver wasn't racing at all...

So all these videos I showed you with decently modded Cobra's, even ported & pullied Cobra's getting spanked by stock & lightly modded Z06's mean nothing? Your car is a special case, or is touched by the hands of god, & your driving skills are that much more superior than all these drivers on the net that the outcome will be different in your case??? Good luck
[Roll Eyes]

[ July 20, 2010, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those C6 Z06's are no joke. Those things keep pulling and pulling and pulling.. probably because of those long gears
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
WHIPPLED Cobras have a hard time beating stock c6 zo6's!

There are 3 in the Wichita area, 2 of which I've handed their azz's to them already...a few times. The 3rd, it's my landlords car...and he refuses to run me. [Wink] I told him I wanted to run for a month's free rent.

A pullied Cobra, driven correctly...will hang no prob with a C6 Zo6. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL, you probably raced an LS2 C6 Vette which were only rated @400hp. I find it hard to believe that your stock (at the time) 3,665lb, 390 hp car with a hurt motor could beat a 3,200 lb, 430 hp car unless the other driver wasn't racing at all...

So all these videos I showed you with decently modded Cobra's, even ported & pullied Cobra's getting spanked by stock & lightly modded Z06's mean nothing? Your car is a special case, or is touched by the hands of god, & your driving skills are that much more superior than all these drivers on the net that the outcome will be different in your case??? Good luck
[Roll Eyes]

I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find a video of a fiat beating a corvette. Not to say there's no validity in the video, but power wise on paper my car makes equal or greater power than a c6 z06. There's pullied cobras running around that make 430-450 at the wheels and there's those that make what I do. However I do appreciate your vote of confidence. Until I find a base C6 or Zo6 to run you can Pull the mach or the coupe out so you can see just how fast it is.... or isn't [Big Grin]

[ July 20, 2010, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

There are 3 in the Wichita area, 2 of which I've handed their azz's to them already...a few times. The 3rd, it's my landlords car...and he refuses to run me. [Wink] I told him I wanted to run for a month's free rent.

Hmmmm........ John all these non believers are beginning to astound me. You still in Alaska or Hawaii? Or did they station you out by Lake Titicaca?

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

U must mean a pullied WHIPPLED cobra w mario andretti driving, what is there to believe? Z06 is lighter and faster. Let us know when u beat one and I'll let u know when my uncle becomes my aunt
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn T, once you get an 03 cobra you think you're the king of the world! Look at JeffS times with his 07 Z06

'07 Z06 Bone Stock on Stock Tires = 11.55 @ 126.6 / Bone Stock on DR's = 11.22 @ 125.6

Let me know when you get those times at the track and then maybe you could beat one? Or hopefully you run some old man that makes even longer submarine sandwiches than you in between shifts. [burnout]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T any plans to take it up to Sac in the near future? I'd be interested to see what that Terminator is able to mph and how it compares to a 125-126mph bone stock Z06 [Razz]

Then I'd start with this and work my way up to the C6 [Razz] [Big Grin]

-

[ July 20, 2010, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anything can be fast, just dump money into it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
T any plans to take it up to Sac in the near future? I'd be interested to see what that Terminator is able to mph and how it compares to a 125-126mph bone stock Z06 [Razz]

Then I'd start with this and work my way up to the C6 [Razz]

-

Luke that C4 might be too much for my car. Id wanna start off racing something a lil slower. This car look familiar [Big Grin]

- [Big Grin]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
Damn T, once you get an 03 cobra you think you're the king of the world! Look at JeffS times with his 07 Z06

'07 Z06 Bone Stock on Stock Tires = 11.55 @ 126.6 / Bone Stock on DR's = 11.22 @ 125.6

Let me know when you get those times at the track and then maybe you could beat one? Or hopefully you run some old man that makes even longer submarine sandwiches than you in between shifts. [burnout]

Hell yeah. I hope nobody ever buys a car, puts money into it, then thinks its not the shit. I wish I would sit here like a chump and say "your right guys, my car that puts down 477/502 to the wheel and would walk most the cars in this thread is slow." If that's what you guys are hoping for then I would give up now.

The terminators I have seen in my power range trap 120-122 and hit 11.90's. You and I both know Jeff S is an above average driver as most vettes seen at sac raceway Hit 12's all day and nowhere near 125. My car pre-whipple is no slouch and can definitely hang with 80% of what's on the street. When I upgrade the blower I will go looking fot the other 20%

--------------------

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:

Hell yeah. I hope nobody ever buys a car, puts money into it, then thinks its not the shit. I wish I would sit here like a chump and say "your right guys, my car that puts down 477/502 to the wheel and would walk most the cars in this thread is slow." If that's what you guys are hoping for then I would give up now.

The terminators I have seen in my power range trap 120-122 and hit 11.90's. You and I both know Jeff S is an above average driver as most vettes seen at sac raceway Hit 12's all day and nowhere near 125. My car pre-whipple is no slouch and can definitely hang with 80% of what's on the street. When I upgrade the blower I will go looking fot the other 20%

LOL T, we're just giving you a hard time. You can hang with more than 80% that's on the street. Go beat up some of the new camaros.
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com