Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Had A Run In With A C6 Z06 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Had A Run In With A C6 Z06
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This time however it was with my camera. Randomly came across this guy while going to the store in Elk Grove. I just happened to have my camera and the owner was there when I parked. Younger hispanic guy who was real cool and shot the shit with me for a second. Check out the pics and let me know what you think about the angles and such. Cagedblackgt took the liberty of cleaning them up a little and did a excellent job.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Tashas_c0upe
¯
Member # 8969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tashas_c0upe  Ford pictures for Tashas_c0upe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
STR8 PUSSY MAGNET [worship] [worship]

--------------------
SALVAGE CAR'S ARE LIKE GURL'S WITH AIDS I PASS EM UP

Posts: 723 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car and pics are badass [Wink]

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good work! First thing I do is meter the black car. You'll get the exposure spot on. As far as angles go just experiment with different angles that the eye normally does not see.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
Good work! First thing I do is meter the black car. You'll get the exposure spot on. As far as angles go just experiment with different angles that the eye normally does not see.

What do you mean when you say "meter?" Is that something youu do by eye or with the camera?

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

What do you mean when you say "meter?" Is that something youu do by eye or with the camera?
The camera has a light metering system that determines the best settings.

There are 3 different types (full frame, center weighted and spot metering).

To get proper exposure on the car (especially blac) you need to get center weighted and/or spot metering.

All of the pics you had sent me, had the car underexposed by a stop or so, so I had to bring them up. This is because in Full (matrix) metering , it was exposing a lot for the background (which is brighter then the car).

So with the other ones, you can meter more for the car instead of the background

Hope that makes sense lol

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
About how old was dude... It might of been my boy gustavo

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87_Hatch  Ford pictures for 87_Hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm guessing you just forgot to add the video of you racing him right? [Big Grin] great pics car looks sick! [patriot]

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

Posts: 316 | From: redwood city, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
About how old was dude... It might of been my boy gustavo

I think its this older dude, i've spoken to him because he's a customer of ours. He babies the shit out of that vette, wiping it down everytime he gets out of it. He's a cool dude and he loves the shit out of that car.

[ July 19, 2010, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That c6 is mean looking beast!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want a Corvette now [worship]

--------------------
2015 focus st2
2011 Gt 5.0
04 ZY fobra sold

SacNotch50
¯
Member # 7439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacNotch50  Ford pictures for SacNotch50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i seen this car last week in elk grove also damn it looks so damn beast those are great pics that you got
Posts: 232 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive seen this car before...pretty sweet lookin car man! pics look good bro!

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice! Beautiful car. The critic in me doesn't like the front lip and rocker extensions though. They muck up the lines of the car.

[ July 19, 2010, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Mike the metering explanation does make sense, but to fully comprehend I will have to take 3 shots of the same picture in each mode so I can visualize the difference. But based on the color of the car or item that your trying to photograph it changes the way the camera focuses the light right?

And thanks for the kudos on the pics. The car was real bad ass in person. Not a chevy guy but that car is well put together. The wheel and brake system is what really caught my eye. The owner was a younger guy in his mid-late 20's. Apparently he had a twin turbo 350z previously and sold it to get the Z'oh. Forget his name now though since this was a week ago

[ July 19, 2010, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 87_Hatch:
So I'm guessing you just forgot to add the video of you racing him right? [Big Grin] great pics car looks sick! [patriot]

I wish. My car was still in the shop so I was rollin my lil sisters chevy mailbu. "The bu thang."

Given my power levels it would have been a good run. I think those make 500-550 at the crank and I probably make 500 or so. Then again aerodynamics are not on my side

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
Mike the metering explanation does make sense, but to fully comprehend I will have to take 3 shots of the same picture in each mode so I can visualize the difference. But based on the color of the car or item that your trying to photograph it changes the way the camera focuses the light right?

And thanks for the kudos on the pics. The car was real bad ass in person. Not a chevy guy but that car is well put together. The wheel and brake system is what really caught my eye. The owner was a younger guy in his mid-late 20's. Apparently he had a twin turbo 350z previously and sold it to get the Z'oh. Forget his name now though since this was a week ago

Hey Terrance, this is why its best to get out of Auto mode on the camera and use full manual. That way you can set the exposure to exactly how you would like. Just takes time, but the composition of the above pics was good for the most part!

The best advice for a DSLR is SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT and more SHOOT.

--------------------

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I wish. My car was still in the shop so I was rollin my lil sisters chevy mailbu. "The bu thang."

Given my power levels it would have been a good run. I think those make 500-550 at the crank and I probably make 500 or so. Then again aerodynamics are not on my side

i'd hate to say T but that Z06 wouldve been your first loss. not only aero dynamically better but alot lighter. tcarbon fiber fenders, they make around 480 rwhp. thats if it was stock with stock exhaust.

[ July 19, 2010, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Nastysvt ]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God one more year once I pay off my commuter it's Z06 time..

[Cool]

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
quote:

i'd hate to say T but that Z06 wouldve been your first loss. not only aero dynamically better but alot lighter. tcarbon fiber fenders, they make around 480 rwhp. thats if it was stock with stock exhaust.
Looks like I better get right before I get left then. You know ima be lookn to take down your vanilla ice cobra in the near future also

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice pics T

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Terrance, the pics look great IMO, & are much improved over your Berryessa pics. The only thing that throws them off is that there is too much clutter from the trees, poles & such looking like they are growing out of the car. Of course this was most likely unavoidable given the location, but its always something to keep in mind when shooting cars.

BTW, I know the Cobra seems pretty fast, & actually it probably is, but you would not stand a chance against even a stock C6 Z06, unless the driver couldn't drive worth a damn. Those cars are beasts right off the showroom floor. I remember when Streakmatt & myself were riding in his fox, & he got to run a basically stock 1 on the street. Although he did win each & every time against the Z, the car was right on his heels every run. Keep in mind that Matt's fox was already in the low 10's at this point & was trapping in the mid to high 130's...

[ July 19, 2010, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
quote:

Looks like I better get right before I get left then. You know ima be lookn to take down your vanilla ice cobra in the near future also
haha..you better bring more than that 477 rwhp if you wanna try to keep up [burnout] lol. all love T [Big Grin]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Terrance, the pics look great IMO, & are much improved over your Berryessa pics. The only thing that throws them off is that there is too much clutter from the trees, poles & such looking like they are growing out of the car. Of course this was most likely unavoidable given the location, but its always something to keep in mind when shooting cars.

BTW, I know the Cobra seems pretty fast, & actually it probably is, but you would not stand a chance against even a stock C6 Z06, unless the driver couldn't drive worth a damn. Those cars are beasts right off the showroom floor. I remember when Streakmatt & myself were riding in his fox, & he got to run a basically stock 1 on the street. Although he did win each & every time against the Z, the car was right on his heels every run. Keep in mind that Matt's fox was already in the low 10's at this point & was trapping in the mid to high 130's...

I was going to edit a lot out of his pics, but didnt have the time. I just cleaned them up a bit. Ill send im some pics with some photoshoppin done once i get more time [Smile]

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It might have been close for the 1/2nd gear. After that if the dude can drive its tail lights. They have a guy on the corvette forums that ran upper 10's with DR's otherwise stock z06.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com