Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Jay Z just killed the game!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Jay Z just killed the game!!!!
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This new Jay Z cut is ridiculous... I dunno if this is a repost or whatever, but his new joint "D.O.A. (death of auto-tune)" is the hardest & realest track I have heard in 2009. Basically he is calling out all the weak trendy rappers that are singing more than rapping nowadays, & everyone that is using auto tune. For those of you who don't know what auto tune is, it is the robotic sounding effect that you will hear on most popular music nowadays. It will also make you sound like you can sing when you really can't, because it will automatically put your vocals in tune when they are out of tune.. (I.E. T Pain, Lil Wayne, Kanye) Me personally, I am sick & tired of hearing all the auto tune bullsh#t & it has pretty much ruined popular music IMO....

For you cats that are only into commercial pop music, or bay area hyphy stuff, you will most likely not dig this song, because it is straight up raw hip hop, but before you knock it, listen to the lyrics, because this is the realest stuff I have heard in a long time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtNPyBayG0&feature=related

Here is the music video as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIcDB8L-pg

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought Kanye was his homie? haha. Good shit though, about time someone of statue called people out on that auto tune bullshit.

[ June 29, 2009, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
I thought Kanye was his homie? haha. Good shit though, about time someone of statue called people out on that auto tune bullshit.

Its all good to check your homies & tell em they been on some BS & its time to grow a pair. Im pretty sure hes cool with Wayne, T Pain, & all of em, but hes just bein real....

Kind of like, if your boy owned a Terminator, but he painted it pink. You wouldnt be any less his homie if you told em' that sh#t was gay & that he should paint it sonic blue instead... LOL!!!

[ June 29, 2009, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like when he said something about bringing back the mixtape lil wayne [patriot]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Umm...I don't like it...it's wack...but thats just IMO [Embarrassed] The beat is sooooo wack I couldn't even make it past 90sec [Frown]

edit - but you warned me before I listened to it lol [Razz]

[ June 29, 2009, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
Umm...I don't like it...it's wack...but thats just IMO [Embarrassed] The beat is sooooo wack I couldn't even make it past 90sec [Frown]

Exactly... i told you guys that if you only like slumped out hyphy yay area sh#t, you wouldnt like it... IMO, both the track & the lyrics are hard, but I am an open minded individual & I like everything from Mac Dre to Mos Def....

--------------------

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

Exactly... i told you guys that if you only like slumped out hyphy yay area sh#t, you wouldnt like it... IMO, both the track & the lyrics are hard, but I am an open minded individual & I like everything from Mac Dre to Mos Def....
BTW - I don't like "hyphy shit" or "commercial pop" [Whoo Whooooo!]

edit - well maybe some "hyphy shit" [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

I never really like JayZ before, very few songs from him I like. I personally like NAS a LOT more.

[ June 29, 2009, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

BTW - I don't like "hyphy shit" or "commercial pop" [Whoo Whooooo!]

edit - well maybe some "hyphy shit" [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

My bad... What do you like then? I will admit, it is not the best beat I have heard Jay use, but I still like it. But, lyrically, I love it because I feel where hes coming from because the new music is sooooo watered down with that auto tune BS!!!

[ June 29, 2009, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that beat was just as hard as the lyrics....
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is another great track from Jay-Z.

What is happening with auto-tone or electronic editing is not always a bad thing. It does go against the traditional rap/hip hop fundamentals but because it's different does not make it wrong.

If you look back in the 1900's composers started to write with dissonance and atonal music. Popular composers thought that it was just a bunch of crap noise because it was the complete opposite of what was considered fundamental music at the time. Today, tonality is as much apart of music as is tonal writing.

Even what we call the modern day piano, saxophone, trumpet, etc has changed overtime to produce a different sound to what it originally was. The sax was designed and first to be used for a military band, and many years later a guy named Kenny G would not only play an evolved variation of the sax (which totally changed the timber of the original saxophone) but popularized it playing love songs. It's a far fetch from is military roots.

Instead of saying death to auto-tone he should have made a song titled "It is what it is" because it's what a sector of rap/hip hop has developed into. Either way, I do agree it 's crap but musically someone out there enjoys it and there is nothing wrong about that.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG! [worship] [worship] i give this a fuckin 10+!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL REAL MUSIC! [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] thanks for the the update!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FINALLY!!!

Someone needs to BANN LIL WAYNE FROM RAPPING (singing, laughing ??) or whatever he does when he records.

LIL WAYNE IS a disgrace to Hip Hop!! Its so irritating how he rhymes, laughs, and that auto tune bullshit.

I wish Tupac was still here to rip these sesame street ass rappers

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lil Wayne was tight when he was a hot boy. Now its a crap shoot if I like his music. Kanye is really bad for the game IMO. He is weak, does nothing innovative and doesn't write his material. I think once Jay Z steps away there will be a gaping hole in Rap. I know there is always underground. But its the visible artists that keep rap alive. And right now I just cannot think of one artist who I would actually buy their record without hearing it first because I know they spit heat rocks. I mean there is Jada Kiss and Eminem but they cannot seem to put rap on their backs like Jay Z did. And his performance at the end of the BET awards was off the hook IMO.

I like the song.

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
lil Wayne was tight when he was a hot boy. Now its a crap shoot if I like his music. Kanye is really bad for the game IMO. He is weak, does nothing innovative and doesn't write his material. I think once Jay Z steps away there will be a gaping hole in Rap. I know there is always underground. But its the visible artists that keep rap alive. And right now I just cannot think of one artist who I would actually buy their record without hearing it first because I know they spit heat rocks. I mean there is Jada Kiss and Eminem but they cannot seem to put rap on their backs like Jay Z did. And his performance at the end of the BET awards was off the hook IMO.

I like the song.

[Eek!] Kanye is bad for the game [BS flag] , he is by far the best beat maker in the game right now, who do you think made every beat for jay-z's blue print album [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I like the song.

[Eek!] Kanye is bad for the game [BS flag] , he is by far the best beat maker in the game right now, who do you think made every beat for jay-z's blue print album [Roll Eyes]
Rap Game. As a rapper he is doo-doo. I am well aware that he has been producing for quite sometime. That is where he needs to stay.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
both those rappers are wack! [patriot] when mc hammer coming back and villina ice [Cool]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I like the song.

Rap Game. As a rapper he is doo-doo. I am well aware that he has been producing for quite sometime. That is where he needs to stay.
Oh ok, but you said bad for the game, and also if you havn't heard his second album you should listen to it, it might change your mind. [patriot]

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I like the song.

Oh ok, but you said bad for the game, and also if you havn't heard his second album you should listen to it, it might change your mind. [patriot]
Well I did say "write his material" [Roll Eyes]

Kanye is weak sauce, just the thought he don't write his stuff turns me off. I wanna like him, but soon as words roll off his tongue that thought goes all out the window.

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

You'll be surprized how many artist have ghost writers, practally all of them have someone writing for them one way or the other.

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
You'll be surprized how many artist have ghost writers, practally all of them have someone writing for them one way or the other.

no doubt, but his is just too well known. Plus the writing isnt all that good. He is better off featuring on stuff. by himself his skills just dont hold water. Kinda like Nate-Dogg. Fire on other peoples stuff, but garbage on his own.

I think I know what it is with him, it was the whole Beanie Seagal thing. Kanye bitched up. Now its hard for me to even listen to him.

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So who ghost writes for Kanye? or does he not write his lyrics like Wayne and Jay? Wayne changed the game. Name another rapper that leaks all his material, good and bad, for everyone to hear and judge. I bet if we heard every song Jadakiss, Eminem, or your favorite rapper spit in the booth they wouldn't make the same impact as Wayne. It one thing to be graded on your best, it another to be graded on everything even you rough drafts. Jay is great, but Wayne, Drake, and Kanye are carrying the game right now. Even Jay understands that. In his third verse he shots them out.
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Yea i feel you on that one, but beinie seagal is a nobody now and he probably didn't want to let him get his name back out there off of him.

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
So who ghost writes for Kanye? or does he not write his lyrics like Wayne and Jay? Wayne changed the game. Name another rapper that leaks all his material, good and bad, for everyone to hear and judge. I bet if we heard every song Jadakiss, Eminem, or your favorite rapper spit in the booth they wouldn't make the same impact as Wayne. It one thing to be graded on your best, it another to be graded on everything even you rough drafts. Jay is great, but Wayne, Drake, and Kanye are carrying the game right now. Even Jay understands that. In his third verse he shots them out.

I dont even know who drake is...lol. Wayne I can more or less agree with you. He is a New Orleans product so I gotta by default be biased. Lately tho, his stuff stinks. Its hit or miss with me. Now when he was with Juvie, BG and those dudes. Yes i would buy his album sight unseen because his music was the truth. I dunno man, I am a little older so I expect more honesty in music and less gimmick. I like music I can feel not hear. If those 3 can carry the game that lets you know right now the game is in bad shape. kinda like the heavyweight division in boxing.
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I like the song.

almost every beat...i think he did 6 beats on the album but that is still unheard of these days.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com