Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » $$$$$$$$$$$New Pics Of AR 15 complete$$$$$$$$ (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$$$$$$$$$New Pics Of AR 15 complete$$$$$$$$
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
here ya go...... [Big Grin]

-

12 guage.......ak...... .44......... .40...... .357....... 9mm

all those bullets besides 12 gauge and ak go to alot more than one gun [Wink]

wolf ammo is the devil stop using that asap!!! it almost destroyed my mini 14.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
but how accurate is the ak47 against the ar15 [Big Grin]

+1 [patriot]
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:
Originally posted by 89saleen:
Getting a concealed carry permit within city limits here in California is like an act of God. Been denied 2x and Im ex-military.
I believe any AR type weapon that is sold for civilian use in California now must have a fixed magazine regardless of capacity. Overall weapon length must be no shorter than 30 inches. No flash supressors. No bayonet lugs. No collapsible butt-stocks. There is also questions about pistol grips now. People that legally purchased, owned & registered an AR-15 or variant prior to 1993 were sent a letter by the state requiring them to either turn in their weapon at a designated "surrender" site or to have the weapon modified to conform to the new required laws. THE LAWS ARE ALWAYS CHANGING. So please dont get angry or dispute my statements because every time you look up the laws, they will be different. And I am not a book of facts so I could be wrong now. But this is what I know . I also do also know that Hillary C. has some wild wild ideas on what she will do with U.S. gun laws if she ends up in office. Again, nothing personal about that either. My opinions...

You can have all the "Evil Features" that you said you can't have as long as you have a fixed magazine the magazine has to be a 10 round, if you want a detachable magazine you can't have a pistol grip, flash suppressor or any "Evil Feature"

The Lower reciever must be off the ban list for california

sorry to flood the thread with a bunch of post but i am getting ready to start building an ar my self and the one loop hole i found is yes u can have all of the "evil features" if u have a "fixed" or "pinned" magazine and if u get one of these here:
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=265
the ar now takes what they consider to be a "tool" to detach the magazine and from there u are all good cause in the description of an assualt rifle
they describe it as having a "detachable" magazine and if it uses a "tool" to take it out it is not considered "detachable". just my .02

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My fiance said I can't get one. Can I borrow it for a sec so that I could buy one? lol.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

if u decide to experiment take a day trip up to reno. i have a few big clips i keep up at my cousins house out there for a day trips to go shoot'n. its not a ar-15 but heres a pic from our last trip up there. mini 14 with a 30rd clip. and i just ordered a synthetic stock for it, i finally decided the wood one was too old man looking!

-

[ March 21, 2008, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 89saleen:
Getting a concealed carry permit within city limits here in California is like an act of God. Been denied 2x and Im ex-military.
I believe any AR type weapon that is sold for civilian use in California now must have a fixed magazine regardless of capacity. Overall weapon length must be no shorter than 30 inches. No flash supressors. No bayonet lugs. No collapsible butt-stocks. There is also questions about pistol grips now. People that legally purchased, owned & registered an AR-15 or variant prior to 1993 were sent a letter by the state requiring them to either turn in their weapon at a designated "surrender" site or to have the weapon modified to conform to the new required laws. THE LAWS ARE ALWAYS CHANGING. So please dont get angry or dispute my statements because every time you look up the laws, they will be different. And I am not a book of facts so I could be wrong now. But this is what I know . I also do also know that Hillary C. has some wild wild ideas on what she will do with U.S. gun laws if she ends up in office. Again, nothing personal about that either. My opinions...

You can have all the "Evil Features" that you said you can't have as long as you have a fixed magazine the magazine has to be a 10 round, if you want a detachable magazine you can't have a pistol grip, flash suppressor or any "Evil Feature"

The Lower reciever must be off the ban list for california

sorry to flood the thread with a bunch of post but i am getting ready to start building an ar my self and the one loop hole i found is yes u can have all of the "evil features" if u have a "fixed" or "pinned" magazine and if u get one of these here:
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=265
the ar now takes what they consider to be a "tool" to detach the magazine and from there u are all good cause in the description of an assualt rifle
they describe it as having a "detachable" magazine and if it uses a "tool" to take it out it is not considered "detachable". just my .02

Yep, did you watch the video i posted? The DOJ admit on national TV that the fixed magazine is legal.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j71VD4aiFg
Don't listen to all the BS they spread, all the guns they show are illegal weapons and not california compliant but they are trying to put the california ones and the illegal ones in the same group which isn't true.

[ March 21, 2008, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

89SC50
¯
Member # 6248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89SC50  Ford pictures for 89SC50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Posts: 185 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
if u decide to experiment take a day trip up to reno. i have a few big clips i keep up at my cousins house out there for a day trips to go shoot'n. its not a ar-15 but heres a pic from our last trip up there. mini 14 with a 30rd clip. and i just ordered a synthetic stock for it, i finally decided the wood one was too old man looking!

-

hey i have those same shoes haha

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
note to everybody, unless you're talking about your m1 garand, please stop referring to MAGAZINES as clips. thank you.
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
quote:

-

hey i have those same shoes haha
get the same rifle as me and we can be twins!!LOL
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ahhh i wish

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS:
note to everybody, unless you're talking about your m1 garand, please stop referring to MAGAZINES as clips. thank you.

What's the maximum capacity for a clip I can own in california?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

10 round clip or mag
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn...i lost one of those to the fmt pd...thanks to my cuzin

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

went and bought a forged lower receiver last sunday its time to start building my AR!!
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to build/buy one. I've been all over Calguns.net and haven't found a place that lays out what you need in stone. Salesman at the gun room say the only CA legal AR is the Bushmaster that breaks a way, then I read that I can buy a complete AR with detachable clip. The AR with a detechable clip can only have a 10 round mag, no telescoping stock, rail, or grip, to my understanding. If I have any accessories I have to modify the mag release button so it's a fixed magazine unless I use a tool to remove it. If that's the case, why not buy a complete and add accessories to it? I've gotten so many answers I don't know whats what.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
I want to build/buy one. I've been all over Calguns.net and haven't found a place that lays out what you need in stone. Salesman at the gun room say the only CA legal AR is the Bushmaster that breaks a way, then I read that I can buy a complete AR with detachable clip. The AR with a detechable clip can only have a 10 round mag, no telescoping stock, rail, or grip, to my understanding. If I have any accessories I have to modify the mag release button so it's a fixed magazine unless I use a tool to remove it. If that's the case, why not buy a complete and add accessories to it? I've gotten so many answers I don't know whats what.

I am not sure what your saying but owning a complete AR without a magazine lock is illegal. Now if you talking about buying a complete AR without the pistol grip, telescoping stock or any of the other "Evil Features" and keeping it that way its legal. You'll have to ask a gun shop that sells complete rifles if they'll sell you a non "evil feature" one but if your going to just buy a complete AR you might as well just buy one with everything you want on it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info! Any shops in Sacramento that would have someone knowledgeable in this area? The Gun Room in EG hasnt been of much help. I haven't been the Wild Sports in a while and the Great Outdoors is now closed.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
Thanks for the info! Any shops in Sacramento that would have someone knowledgeable in this area? The Gun Room in EG hasnt been of much help. I haven't been the Wild Sports in a while and the Great Outdoors is now closed.

i don't think there is any gun shops in Sac that sell complete ARs but the original poster might be able to give you info on where he bought his AR

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WWW.COLDWARSHOOTERS.COM
OR CALL MY FRIEND DAVID CHAN HE IS A NRA RIFLE INSTRUCTOR &01 CLASS FIREARMS DEALER 408 245-6323
EMAIL ADRESS DACHAN@ALUM.MIT.EDU

[ April 15, 2008, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: 87#184saleen ]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
I put my 9 in my safe for one night and that night i didn't sleep good, so its back next to my bed again [Smile]

glock in a case on the night stand and 12 gauge (loaded with slug....spread....slug....spread....etc....) in the closet by my bed. i sleep just fine [Big Grin]
LOL when did you come to my house? I got the same set up. Oh ya I live in a good neighbor hood but its for safety
my neighborhood is ok.......but still better safe than sorry.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
 -

that's just too funny man! [Big Grin]
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

if u dont want an ar with a fixed mag or a mag lock u can get one of these but i personally dont like the way the way they look.

http://www.californiarifles.com/

im personally going to opt for the mag lock(the bullet mag) cause using a bullet or a little hex key to push the button is not that big of deal to me. just remember the rifle has to be 30" in total length and has to have a 16" barrel for it to be legit as well.

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
if u dont want an ar with a fixed mag or a mag lock u can get one of these but i personally dont like the way the way they look.

http://www.californiarifles.com/

im personally going to opt for the mag lock(the bullet mag) cause using a bullet or a little hex key to push the button is not that big of deal to me. just remember the rifle has to be 30" in total length and has to have a 16" barrel for it to be legit as well.

mine is a 14.5" big and it still a ca legal go to www.cmmginc.com

[ April 16, 2008, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: 87#184saleen ]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com