Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » $$$$$$$$$$$New Pics Of AR 15 complete$$$$$$$$ (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$$$$$$$$$New Pics Of AR 15 complete$$$$$$$$
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of all to each their own. I would personally love to own a gun but when I was younger, I made some stupid decisions with guns that landed me in jail for a few months. I love guns for the simple joy of shooting them. Its just like the fascination I have for Video games, Paint balling, Fast Cars and Fast Bikes. Does not make me a killer. Now that I am much more mature at the age of 32, I would trust myself with a gun. I would take it to the shooting range where it is a controlled environment. And by the way, that AR15 is bad ass.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
0Cobra3
¯
Member # 2901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0Cobra3  Ford pictures for 0Cobra3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
They say if ARs were cheaper Terrorist groups would have them instead of AKs

AK's are more readily available for two reasons. During the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 there were reported to be somewhere in the ballpark of close to 2 million AK-47's and AK-74's smuggled out of the former CCCP by arms dealers. Couple that with pretty much most Eastern Block countries like Hungary, Czech Republic, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Iran, Iraq, Poland, China, Egypt, etc all manufacture AK series rifles under their own names. Most AK's in this country ARE NOT actual Russian AK's. Russian AK's in this country are worth a decent amount of money.

Also Mikhail Kalashnikov knew how to manufacture a battle rifle. Eugene Stoner while revolutionizing the "assault rifle" really produced a high dollar pile of shit. It wasn't until other manufacture's (Heckler & Koch's HK416, Armalite, FN Herstal, etc) picked up government contracts for producing M16 series rifles did the quality overall change for the better. Still to this day I would rock a 5.45 AK-74 any day of the week over any of my AR's.

I would take an AK over a M-4 and a M-16. I can do anything you want to an AK and that bastard will still fire. Gotta love that reliability.

--------------------
It'll be fine....just run it.

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but how accurate is the ak47 against the ar15 [Big Grin]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0&feature=related
AR hands down

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8Notch9:
quote:
quote:

AK's are more readily available for two reasons. During the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 there were reported to be somewhere in the ballpark of close to 2 million AK-47's and AK-74's smuggled out of the former CCCP by arms dealers. Couple that with pretty much most Eastern Block countries like Hungary, Czech Republic, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Iran, Iraq, Poland, China, Egypt, etc all manufacture AK series rifles under their own names. Most AK's in this country ARE NOT actual Russian AK's. Russian AK's in this country are worth a decent amount of money.

Also Mikhail Kalashnikov knew how to manufacture a battle rifle. Eugene Stoner while revolutionizing the "assault rifle" really produced a high dollar pile of shit. It wasn't until other manufacture's (Heckler & Koch's HK416, Armalite, FN Herstal, etc) picked up government contracts for producing M16 series rifles did the quality overall change for the better. Still to this day I would rock a 5.45 AK-74 any day of the week over any of my AR's.

I would take an AK over a M-4 and a M-16. I can do anything you want to an AK and that bastard will still fire. Gotta love that reliability.
yea fuck accuracy!! anything over 100 yards and the ak is relatively worthless.
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually both the 7.62X39 and the 5.56 rounds are virtually shitty after 100 yards. The 7.62X39 round has the literal knock down power you need but is quite a bit slower than the 5.56 which after 100 yards lacks knock down power. Remember that the 5.56 round is really only a .22LR hopped up on steroids. Inside it's optimal kill zone the 5.56 is great because it tumbles upon entry into a soft target where as the 7.62X39 keeps right on truckin.

The Russian's saw this in the 1960's and 1970's and introduced the 5.45X39 "Poison Bullet" fired from the AK-74 & Krinkov series rifles. We the US only now are moving to a heavier cartridge to compensate longer distance knock down power and accuracy issues with the 6.8mm SPC.

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

AR hands down

That's a bad comparison. What if the other dude with the AK is just a horrible shot?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
quote:

AR hands down

That's a bad comparison. What if the other dude with the AK is just a horrible shot?
Its from the discovery channel and i think they are both owners of the guns they are shooting.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
DAAAAAAMMMMN. i hadnt been able to check this post for a while. but let me clarify some things.

1) my main concern by posting this is to understand the rationale behind wanting to own an AR-15. equate it to someone asking you why do you want to own an 800hp street car. the question is not meant to offend but to gain information and insight. I dont have an extensive background with weaponry so excuse my calling it an "assault" rifle

2) as im starting my long journey with chp im very aware that i will not be responding to house calls but mainly working the highways. My mention of me possibly joining chp was for you to understand why i asked the question i did. I dont expect to be seeing many rifles like an AR-15 but should i end up in the border division where much of the drugs that enter california come from, im sure i may run across more than a handgun. and im sure many veteran cops have come accross weird shit on stops all throughout the state.

3) im rather disappointed in the fact that a simple question that didnt pose any particular stance on gun control laws, but was meant to illicit what i hoped would be an intellegent response was misunderstood by so many. The point of me asking this question was so I can understanding why someone would want to own a gun of that power & so i can broaden my horizions and understand something i havent been exposed too. I would hope more people would be brave enough to ask about things they dont understand. thanks for those who read my question as it was presented and gave me an informational response.

Your first mistake was thinking people on here are smart. People will find any excuse to start talking shit and then everybody jumps on the band wagon. Most of the literate people understood your question so you have nothing to apologize about. I was wondering the same thing.
Funny that you call yourself literate but the question was far illiterate from the beginning. Educate yourself on fire arms then youll see whos literate and whos not. Its a freedom. It doesnt matter if he bought the gun to make a bong out of it. People forget it was armed civilians who made this country. NOT THE GOV'T!. If you dont own a firearm borrow one from a friend and see how good you sleep. [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually both the 7.62X39 and the 5.56 rounds are virtually shitty after 100 yards. The 7.62X39 round has the literal knock down power you need but is quite a bit slower than the 5.56 which after 100 yards lacks knock down power. Remember that the 5.56 round is really only a .22LR hopped up on steroids. Inside it's optimal kill zone the 5.56 is great because it tumbles upon entry into a soft target where as the 7.62X39 keeps right on truckin.

The Russian's saw this in the 1960's and 1970's and introduced the 5.45X39 "Poison Bullet" fired from the AK-74 & Krinkov series rifles. We the US only now are moving to a heavier cartridge to compensate longer distance knock down power and accuracy issues with the 6.8mm SPC.

a buddy has a 6.8 ar and im in love!!! TRUST me as an owner of both i can say that the .223 is WAY more accurate at 100 yards or more. it has alot to do with the gun though not so much the ammo. and im right there with ya, id rely on a 7.62 rd doing more damage than a .223/5.56. but if you miss id doesnt make much difference lol

[ March 11, 2008, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: ChrisS ]

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
quote:
quote:
DAAAAAAMMMMN. i hadnt been able to check this post for a while. but let me clarify some things.

1) my main concern by posting this is to understand the rationale behind wanting to own an AR-15. equate it to someone asking you why do you want to own an 800hp street car. the question is not meant to offend but to gain information and insight. I dont have an extensive background with weaponry so excuse my calling it an "assault" rifle

2) as im starting my long journey with chp im very aware that i will not be responding to house calls but mainly working the highways. My mention of me possibly joining chp was for you to understand why i asked the question i did. I dont expect to be seeing many rifles like an AR-15 but should i end up in the border division where much of the drugs that enter california come from, im sure i may run across more than a handgun. and im sure many veteran cops have come accross weird shit on stops all throughout the state.

3) im rather disappointed in the fact that a simple question that didnt pose any particular stance on gun control laws, but was meant to illicit what i hoped would be an intellegent response was misunderstood by so many. The point of me asking this question was so I can understanding why someone would want to own a gun of that power & so i can broaden my horizions and understand something i havent been exposed too. I would hope more people would be brave enough to ask about things they dont understand. thanks for those who read my question as it was presented and gave me an informational response.

Your first mistake was thinking people on here are smart. People will find any excuse to start talking shit and then everybody jumps on the band wagon. Most of the literate people understood your question so you have nothing to apologize about. I was wondering the same thing.
Funny that you call yourself literate but the question was far illiterate from the beginning. Educate yourself on fire arms then youll see whos literate and whos not. Its a freedom. It doesnt matter if he bought the gun to make a bong out of it. People forget it was armed civilians who made this country. NOT THE GOV'T!. If you dont own a firearm borrow one from a friend and see how good you sleep. [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]
with gun control there never would have been an American Revolution [Wink] and i sleep GREAT with my xd40 and winchester 1300 within reach, and feel safe with my xd in the truck any time i drive as well [Big Grin]
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been to Texas and Im ready to elect the whole state as the new Gov't. You guys kick ass!

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I put my 9 in my safe for one night and that night i didn't sleep good, so its back next to my bed again [Smile]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I put my 9 in my safe for one night and that night i didn't sleep good, so its back next to my bed again [Smile]

glock in a case on the night stand and 12 gauge (loaded with slug....spread....slug....spread....etc....) in the closet by my bed. i sleep just fine [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Upper.

I'm too lazy and I don't want to mess with zealous feds. I also don't like those fixed mags. Thinking of going with a Springfield M1A instead of an AR.

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129
They have admitted in the news that they are legal, just don't step in the bullshit

[ March 19, 2008, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Knight Armnament Upper and DPMS Lower both purchased and assembled in '92.

I have good accuracy over my friends AK at over 100 yards, and that is with a 18" barrel.

And hey if you miss a few times, that is why you have a case of 30 round clips purchased before the ban!

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now complete

--------------------
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Looks good have you shot it yet?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the gran total on that beautiful thing?

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
whats the gran total on that beautiful thing?

$2000

--------------------
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should really take the sticker of the back of the lock with the code on it. cause now i'm coming over breaking in unlocking the gun an gonnablast u with it...

made u look at the lock though..

shit looks tight. can that be legal to own, isnt that straight army shit u got there.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:

glock in a case on the night stand and 12 gauge (loaded with slug....spread....slug....spread....etc....) in the closet by my bed. i sleep just fine [Big Grin]
LOL when did you come to my house? I got the same set up. Oh ya I live in a good neighbor hood but its for safety

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
quote:
quote:

I know people are alowed to have guns, no one is questioning that, was just a simple question cause its obvous hes not going to go deer hunting with it.... And I sleep just fine without a gun, sounds like you need to move to a new neighborhood.... Im all for guns im not aposing them at all, btw looks bad ass man have fun.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
You should really take the sticker of the back of the lock with the code on it. cause now i'm coming over breaking in unlocking the gun an gonnablast u with it...
.yeah its legal the code is in my mind [Wink]

made u look at the lock though..

shit looks tight. can that be legal to own, isnt that straight army shit u got there.

--------------------
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com