Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got RIPPED OFF HUGE By Fellow CaFords Member (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Got RIPPED OFF HUGE By Fellow CaFords Member
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Many of you know that I was working on a coupe dubbed the "Hifey Coupe" which is owned by ASKIA AMEN PROFILE HERE here on the board.It is an Ice Blue SSP XCHP Car which is also for sale in the FORD SALE Section

Here is the link

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=048367

MANY of you have seen the car at my shop and know what I have done to it.

I basically built this car from a roller to a complete running/driving car.The car has been at my shop since 2/07 getting exensive work done to it.I have a devil of a time gettig parts and ahold of dude over the past 2 months.After a bunch of bs stories I finally got the parts and complete the car in 2 weeks.The car was completed yesterday and I called Askia to come pickup the car today.he shows up and hes looking everything over.

This is where all the BULLSHIT starts.He wants to testdrive the car before paying me what he owes me but im getting a REALLY bad feeling about it.So i said Ill test drive it with you in the car.WE do,his "brother" starts following behind me which I found ODD and so I turn back around and head to the shop.He wants to drive the car,i tell him dude im not fukkin stupid i know something is up,drive the car come back and lets settle up......

NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN

He calls me saying that he was pulled over at the local gas station and if I could come down there and talk to the cop to get him out of it.Of course hes NOWHERE to be found.I then see his "brother" trying to leave the area and he gets on the freeway and takes off.......GONE

Well needless to say I was ripped off for what is considered FELONY GRAND THEFT,cop also confirmed NOONE was ever pulled over in that car or with that name........I am pressing full charges ASKIA AMEN if I dont see my money by 5pm 6/1/07.You better have one REALLY GOOD EXCUSE or just hope your little stunt was worth it,homeboy!

[ June 04, 2007, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks. Reading the posts where he has his car for sale it looks like you guys had a good business relationship. You need to post this up on craigslist also. If I see him selling on any other site I will post up the info.

I know I saw it on the corral:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=918295&highlight=1990

[ June 01, 2007, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] Thats some fucked up shit right there matt! [Mad]

[ June 01, 2007, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Camaro Kid Z/28 ]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
That sucks. Reading the posts where he has his car for sale it looks like you guys had a good business relationship. You need to post this up on craigslist also. If I see him selling on any other site I will post up the info.

I too as well thought we had a GREAT buisness relationship.Oh well you try and do shit for people,bend over backwards and this is how you get treated.........
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Here is a pic of the car

-

-

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf..wha go round comes around 10x harder... [Wink] thats bs though..u help anyone/everyone out and this fuckin dude has to take advantage... [Mad]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:

I know I saw it on the corral:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=918295&highlight=1990

Thanx for the info
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn matt, sorry to hear that [Frown]
thats hella fucked up! [Mad]
dont u have any of his info like a reciept copy or someshit? go find him....beat his ass, and get ur money, or somethin

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, thats fucked up... You a offer an ideal service for this forum. Professional work/parts for reasonable prices. If it wasn't for you, I'd say a good 25% of the Mustang's on this board would still be in the 15's. And another 25% wouldn't even be on the road. Anyways, I hope you work everything out. HOPEFULLY this dude doesn't ruin it for the rest of PAYING customers...........

[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW that's really messed up.. hope it all works out for you. whether it is him paying up out of his own free will, or you sue his ass and he does time for it [Razz]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that some shit there. Shouldn't be too hard to get at him if he is selling the car. Just go over there with a "few" interested "buyers". Hopefully this comes to a peaceful resolution, although I dont see that happening.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When anyone has come to buy a car from me I have them give me the money in full before they test drive, which I hand back the second they return before we talk if they like the car or not so there is no pressure.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
exactly..haulin should pose a potential buyer and just show up at the scene with cops. pretty odd this aaskia guy would be gutsy enough to just leave w/out paying knowing that he's tryign to sell the car. im sure he has a good story behind his actions

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't care if this happened to Matt, John, ANYONE on this site. This person should be dealt with accordingly.

I'd highly suggest going ahead with the police action. Even if he only spends a short period in jail, he'll have it on his record. Another employer does a background check in 2 years, this pops up, BINGO.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The hifey movement has struck again.
I hope he pays you and if not i hope you get him locked up for years!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
The hifey movement has struck again....

What does that have to do with what happened to HaulinAss?

Hopefully you have documentation on this work or an agreement. It was told to me that without that, the police may or may not get involved (asked my Sac PD homie). And even court may become a matter of his word against yours.

good luck, hope you get what is owed

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is fucking unbelievable!

Any additional info on these guys?

Shit it getting bad!

I almost got taken for $975 for a pair of heads on the corral...

Police were involved, private detectives, the school district, the post office, the thieves parents, etc. Luckily I finally got my grand back just recentally.

Some people need to get a bat upside the head

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=908974&highlight=dthompson67

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that is just incredibly screwed up. It's really sad that there are so many little wannabe thugs that are into mustangs, and so few good people with the funds to support this expensive hobby.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
Many of you know that I was working on a coupe dubbed the "Hifey Coupe" which is owned by ASKIA AMAN PROFILE HERE here on the board.It is an Ice Blue SSP XCHP Car which is also for sale in the FORD SALE Section

Here is the link

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=048367

MANY of you have seen the car at my shop and know what I have done to it.

I basically built this car from a roller to a complete running/driving car.The car has been at my shop since 2/07 getting exensive work done to it.I have a devil of a time gettig parts and ahold of dude over the past 2 months.After a bunch of bs stories I finally got the parts and complete the car in 2 weeks.The car was completed yesterday and I called Askia to come pickup the car today.he shows up and hes looking everything over.

This is where all the BULLSHIT starts.He wants to testdrive the car before paying me what he owes me but im getting a REALLY bad feeling about it.So i said Ill test drive it with you in the car.WE do,his "brother" starts following behind me which I found ODD and so I turn back around and head to the shop.He wants to drive the car,i tell him dude im not fukkin stupid i know something is up,drive the car come back and lets settle up......

NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN

He calls me saying that he was pulled over at the local gas station and if I could come down there and talk to the cop to get him out of it.Of course hes NOWHERE to be found.I then see his "brother" trying to leave the area and he gets on the freeway and takes off.......GONE

Well needless to say I was ripped off for what is considered FELONY GRAND THEFT,cop also confirmed NOONE was ever pulled over in that car or with that name........I am pressing full charges ASKIA AMAN if I dont see my money by 5pm 6/1/07.You better have one REALLY GOOD EXCUSE or just hope your little stunt was worth it,homeboy!

That was really fucked up, I hope you get your money for the work you did. If not maybe you should either kick his ass or have someone else do it. What happened is not considered grand theft auto because he "owns the car" If you owned the car and this happened it would then be considered grand theft auto. What you have is a civil case at best. You could take him to small claims court but more than likely even if you win their is no garuntee on you getting your money back. You must know where he lives I would think if you did all this work on his car. I would advise you to go over their and have a "chat" about getting your money.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow that sucks man, all the dealings ive had with you was cool. oh and it is grand theft if the parts and labor adds up to more than a certain amount, over $500 i think(?)

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
wow that sucks man, all the dealings ive had with you was cool. oh and it is grand theft if the parts and labor adds up to more than a certain amount, over $500 i think(?)

Grand theft Auto is when someone steals someones car [Roll Eyes] It has nothing to do with parts and labor. It is a civil mattter and nothing more. If it was grand theft auto dont you think he would have had him arrested by now?
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have any info on him. Like where he lives and shit. If you do, I would go to the local police where he lives.
Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Matt, a couple of things...

a.) Are you at liberty to tell us what kind of work (parts/labor) you provided so we have an idea of how severe this theft is?
b.) Did you write up an agreement that he signed?
c.) Why did you not ride along as a passenger when he took the car for a drive?

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Wow that is just incredibly screwed up. It's really sad that there are so many little wannabe thugs that are into mustangs, and so few good people with the funds to support this expensive hobby.

Yes, this is a fundamental problem. We drive "budget" sports cars. These 5 liters can be purchased for $2500 or less by any low-life scum bag, any 16 year old that works at Burger King, etc. This is the byproduct of this sort of thing.
I am willing to bet these types of scams are less common in the Vette/Viper/Porsche/BMW enthusiast world.

--------------------
Stangless

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of this is very very fucked off!!!

Second I think I'm retarded cause I don't understand if you test drove it with him, follow him in another car or waited at your shop?

Reading your post it seemed to me that you test drove it with him, then he wanted to drive it so you let him drive it with you in the car and brother followed...I'm lost...

Not that me being lost mattters to the situation in any way but I'd like to understand?

I'm sorry this has happened! [Mad]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
First of this is very very fucked off!!!

Second I think I'm retarded cause I don't understand if you test drove it with him, follow him in another car or waited at your shop?

Reading your post it seemed to me that you test drove it with him, then he wanted to drive it so you let him drive it with you in the car and brother followed...I'm lost...

Not that me being lost mattters to the situation in any way but I'd like to understand?

I'm sorry this has happened! [Mad]

It sounds to me like Matt drove the car with the scumbag in the pass seat, they got back to the shop, and the scumbag convinced Matt to let him take the car out for a spin to which he never came back.

--------------------
Stangless

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com