Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
quote:
quote:
haha full package from the factory. hands down the funniest thing i have heard all day! [worship] then if they were god's gift was there no 03 maro? [Wink] you might want to go to the track once in a while. then you would see how many ls1 maro's really run in the 13-14's [patriot]

Yeah i'd rather own a mustang 2 and an 83 gt =)

Youre an obvious ford nut rider so ill let you be.

lol my ford nut riding ass will put a hurting on any pos you drive. i also own a 83 capri rs 4/ turbo. one of only 423 made. sucks to be me. [Frown] now all that a side. don't mean i'm not right about 13=14 second ls1 at the track! [Cool]
My corolla would fly by you while youre filling up with gas =o
you are wrong again. i would be so far out on you i could stop, eat lunch, read a book, get gas, and still beat you there! [burnout]
I doubt it, But i'd need to pit stop at kragen and get a quart of oil to make up the oil ill burn redlining it =o
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS MOTORS FTW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck chevy and fuck this punk ass tread [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
LS MOTORS FTW

+!!!

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
I will say this, I think from a factory handling stand point (more than going in a straight line) an F-Body has a MUCH better chassis design with the tq arm/PHB rear, & the SLA front suspension. Why do u think Griggs & Maximum Motorsports make that same rear setup design, because the 4 link SUCKS for anything other than straight line performance, & it has horrible bind & snap oversteer when pushed to the handling limits... But on the other side of the coin, the Fox Body platform is hands down better for drag racing.
[patriot]

+1,000 add cheap coilover sleeves like Groundcontrol, Bilsteins, upgrade the SLA, PH, & TA from stamped steel to tubular pieces, relocate the LCA's, and it will handle great, for a lot less money than an Agent 47 or Griggs SLA front and PH/TA or Watts Link rear setup on a Stang.

SLA front conversion on a Fox Stang is over $4,000 alone... a PH/TA rear setup is over a grand. Plus all the supporting mods.

4th Gen F-Body comes with that suspension architecture, STOCK... PLUS a motor capable of 400rwhp with a mild cam and bolt-ons, and a T56 6-speed.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS MOTORS ARE THE SHIT, bang for buck goes to them HANDS DOWN..... It's the mullet owners that mess it up Hahahahahah

FirstOnRaceDay

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:
I will say this, I think from a factory handling stand point (more than going in a straight line) an F-Body has a MUCH better chassis design with the tq arm/PHB rear, & the SLA front suspension. Why do u think Griggs & Maximum Motorsports make that same rear setup design, because the 4 link SUCKS for anything other than straight line performance, & it has horrible bind & snap oversteer when pushed to the handling limits... But on the other side of the coin, the Fox Body platform is hands down better for drag racing.
[patriot]

+1,000 add cheap coilover sleeves like Groundcontrol, Bilsteins, upgrade the SLA, PH, & TA from stamped steel to tubular pieces, relocate the LCA's, and it will handle great, for a lot less money than an Agent 47 or Griggs SLA front and PH/TA or Watts Link rear setup on a Stang.

SLA front conversion on a Fox Stang is over $4,000 alone... a PH/TA rear setup is over a grand. Plus all the supporting mods.

4th Gen F-Body comes with that suspension architecture, STOCK... PLUS a motor capable of 400rwhp with a mild cam and bolt-ons, and a T56 6-speed.

if they are/were so great why is there no 03 crapmaro/fireturd? easy they weren't so great! cause they couldn't sell them for shit.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remind me to never line up with warhorse. ever.

Ford FTMFW!

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its funny that everyone jocks the fact that they came with a stamped torque arm and panhard bars like chevy invented it or somthing when that technology was around before chevy put it on the 98-02 camaro

oh yea the 99 mustang gt handled better in the corners than the 99 ls1 z28 camaro even with the "whole package deal" go figure

so jock the suspension all u want but the stock 99 mustang gt was a better handling car!!

[ April 18, 2012, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:
[patriot]

if they are/were so great why is there no 03 crapmaro/fireturd? easy they weren't so great! cause they couldn't sell them for shit.
LOL thats when the BIG BAD 32vs came to clean house [Wink]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
its funny that everyone jocks the fact that they came with a stamped torque arm and panhard bars like chevy invented it or somthing when that technology was around before chevy put it on the 98-02 camaro

oh yea the 99 mustang gt handled better in the corners than the 99 ls1 z28 camaro even with the "whole package deal" go figure

so jock the suspension all u want but the stock 99 mustang gt was a better handling car!!

never said I "jocked" anything about the Camaro, & never said they invented that setup either? I simply stated facts that the phb/tq arm setup is a better setup for handling than the factory fox platform. If the fox 4 link setup was so much better, Ford would've stuck with that design & the modified McPherson front setup on the 05+ platform. Like I said before, Griggs & MM pretty much set the bar for how a fox should handle, & they both run the same design as an F Body, but with stronger parts.... Show me a successful road race Mustang that runs a factory style 4 link setup. Closest thing is Steedas 5 link.

Also, show me a test that said the 99 GT handled better, I would like to see that!

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My old f body handled better than any mustang I've owned from the same years. The interior feel is 10x better than a gt. GTs feel like you're sitting on a bar stool in the interior. Fbodies have a lower seat level makes you feel like you're in the car, not on top of it.

[ April 18, 2012, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My old f body handled better than any mustang I've owned from the same years. The interior feel is 10x better than a gt. GTs feel like you're sitting on a bar stool in the interior. Fbodies have a lower seat level makes you feel like you're in the car, not on top of it.

I have to disagree there. I'd say the overall interior quality of F-Body cars has always been crap in my opinion. The Mustang always felt better made and everything not only had better fit & finish, but everything electronic worked better too... and in the aesthetics department, I say the 94-04 sn95 interior looks far far better than the 94-02 4th gen F-body interior... Especially once you get to the 99/01 Cobra, Bullitt, and Mach interiors...
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Yeah, I won't go there with the speciality mustangs interiors. I just can't stand the little arm rest and low center console of the mustangs. Fbodies have a way more comfortable console.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah, I won't go there with the speciality mustangs interiors. I just can't stand the little arm rest and low center console of the mustangs. Fbodies have a way more comfortable console.

The Mustang interior is MUCH nicer, but the seating position DEFINITELY sucks!!! The seats are too high.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

never said I "jocked" anything about the Camaro, & never said they invented that setup either? I simply stated facts that the phb/tq arm setup is a better setup for handling than the factory fox platform. If the fox 4 link setup was so much better, Ford would've stuck with that design & the modified McPherson front setup on the 05+ platform. Like I said before, Griggs & MM pretty much set the bar for how a fox should handle, & they both run the same design as an F Body, but with stronger parts.... Show me a successful road race Mustang that runs a factory style 4 link setup. Closest thing is Steedas 5 link.

Also, show me a test that said the 99 GT handled better, I would like to see that!

i was speaking in genral because the 98-02 camaro is overated,
look it up car an driver track tested the camaro didnt handle as well in corners as the '99 mustang gt

so if the phb/ta that chevrolet was running was so superior then why didnt it handle better than the 99 mustang????

dont get me wrong i am currently running a MM panhard bar and torque arm on my '90 mustang

the 4 link sucks, ive known this.
but chevys set up was cheap crap and basically useless wich is pretty obvious since the fact is the camaro didnt handle as good as the 99 mustang

and the 99 mustang was still using the 4link

so if were guna talk about stock vs stock chevys phb/ta was as good as not having one at all

[ April 18, 2012, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
haha full package from the factory. hands down the funniest thing i have heard all day! [worship] then if they were god's gift was there no 03 maro? [Wink] you might want to go to the track once in a while. then you would see how many ls1 maro's really run in the 13-14's [patriot]

Yeah i'd rather own a mustang 2 and an 83 gt =)

Youre an obvious ford nut rider so ill let you be.

lol my ford nut riding ass will put a hurting on any pos you drive. i also own a 83 capri rs 4/ turbo. one of only 423 made. sucks to be me. [Frown] now all that a side. don't mean i'm not right about 13=14 second ls1 at the track! [Cool]
My corolla would fly by you while youre filling up with gas =o
you are wrong again. i would be so far out on you i could stop, eat lunch, read a book, get gas, and still beat you there! [burnout]
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
FUCK THIS THREAD,,,, FTW [patriot]

-
LoL [Big Grin]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

look it up car an driver track tested the camaro didnt handle as well in corners as the '99 mustang gt

so if the phb/ta that chevrolet was running was so superior then why didnt it handle better than the 99 mustang????

dont get me wrong i am currently running a MM panhard bar and torque arm on my '90 mustang

but chevys set up was cheap crap and basically useless wich is pretty obvious since the fact is the camaro didnt handle as good as the 99 mustang

so if were guna talk about stock vs stock chevys phb/ta was as good as not having one at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-XZIctvZg

@ 3:20 it says the mustang handles better in the corners/twisties

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cool... Well, you guys proved me wrong I guess?
[patriot]

--------------------

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

the point is ur still guna have to put alot of money into it if u wana make it handle just like a mustang. its not way better like people make it sound and i dont see any bang for buck over the mustang and thats wat the whole arguments about
yea u throw a cam in a ls1...then u add the price of the car and that mod, use the same amount and get a stang you will afford more n be faster and handle better if u kno wat ur doing

[ April 18, 2012, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

the point is ur still guna have to put alot of money into it if u wana make it handle just like a mustang. its not way better like people make it sound and i dont see any bang for buck over the mustang and thats wat the whole arguments about
yea u throw a cam in a ls1...then u add the price of the car and that mod, use the same amount and get a stang you will afford more n be faster and handle better if u kno wat ur doing

True, but the suspension DESIGN is still superior on the F-Body....

Power wise, the bang for the buck will go with the F-Body over any 94-04 Mustang besides the Terminator, but that of course is in an entire different price range. Put a 99 GT & a 99 Z28 in the same garage, throw the same mods at it, Full exhaust & a cam (cams in the GT), & you tell me what car will be superior? Hell, you could even throw a Mach 1 in the mix instead of the GT, & the F-Body will still make more power.... You, I, & everyone on this forum knows this is true, if not they are in denial....

As loyal as everyone is to the blue oval, & how much they hate GM, cannot deny the truth....

[ April 18, 2012, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well said Epic ., I agree 100% some people are just in denial as you stated. Plain and simple.
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

Power wise, the bang for the buck will go with the F-Body over any 94-04 Mustang besides the Terminator, but that of course is in an entire different price range. Put a 99 GT & a 99 Z28 in the same garage, throw the same mods at it, Full exhaust & a cam (cams in the GT), & you tell me what car will be superior? Hell, you could even throw a Mach 1 in the mix instead of the GT, & the F-Body will still make more power.... You, I, & everyone on this forum knows this is true, if not they are in denial....

As loyal as everyone is to the blue oval, & how much they hate GM, cannot deny the truth....

yea if its a superior design whyd a four link rear mustang beat it in the corners ? [Roll Eyes]
if you have a certain budget ford is the way to go the mustang is cheaper car rite off the bat giving you a bigger budget for performance.
the ls1motor is the only good bang for ur buck not the car that comes with it that cost 5 to 7 k to get with that amount of money u can go faster in a stang
whos in denial?

[ April 18, 2012, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

True.
And honestly,without LSX's out there,alot of us,including me,would not have as much motivaton to mod our cars as much as we do.Ive said it a million times,even though i am not GM's number one fan,(out of personal preferance),i wouldnt want them to go away or start putting LT1's in their cars again.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com