Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project Coyote Notch (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Project Coyote Notch
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Started mounting the IRS brackets. Made up some pieces to help with the install.
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ 2014-10-21, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Started removing the floor in manageable pieces. It's a rough cut for now.
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God damn! I knew you got down on wrenching but shut you're going all out right here! Keep the piks coming.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bad ass build! I would love to do this to my fox. How many reciprocating saw blades have you went through?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
Bad ass build! I would love to do this to my fox. How many reciprocating saw blades have you went through?

I bought 4 packs of 5 and have gone through 2 of them. The part that ate up most of the blades was when I tried to slice off the entire S197 frame rails in 1 piece. Once the blade is bowed or you put a bend on the blade while cutting it will heat up the blade to the point it will lose its sharpness.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn! your basically building a completely new car. That seems like a TON of work to do though. [patriot]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Damn! your basically building a completely new car. That seems like a TON of work to do though. [patriot]

Anyone can buy a new car. But doing it this way, I practically getting a new car. I get to choose the exact color I want, the rims and tire combo, the suspension, and it will be 1 of "a very few" limited edition.

The bonus is that I learn a few things along the way and make some new friends in the process.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:

I bought 4 packs of 5 and have gone through 2 of them. The part that ate up most of the blades was when I tried to slice off the entire S197 frame rails in 1 piece. Once the blade is bowed or you put a bend on the blade while cutting it will heat up the blade to the point it will lose its sharpness.
For sure. You using Milwaukee blades or dewalts? Car is coming along nicely. Looks like your doing a good job on it [patriot]
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow wow wow just wow [patriot] good luck to you on Taking on such a task

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Well I got the IRS in as much as I could. Realized that I was missing the lower shock bolts and they are long. Found some bolts at the local Pick-n-Pull only to find out they are about 10mm too short.

This weekend got the engine in the Fox Body for the first time. It sure looks like it belongs in there. Getting more and more of the garage back. Trimmed the S197 floor and it is also in sort of. I will have to cut the flange off the passenger side exhaust manifold and weld the catted down pipe. The flange is hitting the firewall. The driver side looks fine. Right now I've cut off a big chunk of the cowl panel. I know I will be needing some of that space. It's just easier to remove the big piece first and then once everything is in then see how much of it will be welded back in.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

more progress pics
 -
 -
 -

Here's a sneak peek of the lower radiator support I fabricated.
 -

Using Sn95 upper radiator mounts and the S197 lower radiator mounts.
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Well I got the floor sort of in. Drilled a a couple holes and bolted the floor to the sub frames. The floor looks like it needs to come down about an 1" because the top of the dash is sitting too high and won't come close to the mounting brackets on the trans tunnel. Going to have to cut the sub frames out and trim them down and reweld them back in once floor position is finalized. Here's what it looks like.
 -
 -
 -

[ 2014-11-19, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! You're an animal!! [patriot]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
Wow! You're an animal!! [patriot]

I tell that to my wife all the time...lol

while waiting for my help to fit the dash again, I've started to install the Scott Rods engine bay panels. Here are some before and after pics. After welding most of the holes previously, it doesn't look as dramatic of a change in my opinion.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice work. What kind of mig are you using for the fab work.
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great Robert! Can't wait to see how this comes out!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

93foxbody
¯
Member # 11280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93foxbody  Ford pictures for 93foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has come along way since I last saw it, mad respect bro!!

--------------------
93 fox
02 GT
92 coupe

99Mamba
¯
Member # 7506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Mamba  Ford pictures for 99Mamba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Job!!!!
Posts: 660 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's some badass work bro I'm impressed
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
Nice work. What kind of mig are you using for the fab work.

I'm using a Lincoln SP-125 mig welder.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Finished up the smoothed engine bay panels and started to weld the floor. Also transferred the S197 doors striker and lock assembly to the passenger door. Will have detailed pics and instruction when I do the driver side.

Maybe by the weekend I'll have the floor completely welded.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice progress so far this has to be one of my favorite builds On this forum next to Danas build [Big Grin] carry on and definitely keep us updated [burnout]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Very nice progress so far this has to be one of my favorite builds On this forum next to Danas build [Big Grin] carry on and definitely keep us updated [burnout]

I appreciate your comments. This is my first official build thread. I really didn't do one when I did the modular Mach Notch. But that was because there was plenty of good build threads out there to source information to do that type of swap. Unfortunately a coyote swap is still fairly new and I haven't found a build thread that was usefully with exception to Jason Hall's Fox500. But there are alot of in-between info that is missing and hoping that I'll be able to provide a more detailed report on how(at least for me) to do a coyote swap that will pass CA smog.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

foxbodywagon
¯
Member # 5977

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbodywagon  Ford pictures for foxbodywagon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice build you got going there. You are doing a great job, can't wait to see the finished product.

--------------------
85 LTD wagon -under construction-

Posts: 122 | From: Central Valley | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com