Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 11.66@117mph (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 11.66@117mph
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I don't get it. Why is a drag only mustang with a built motor and SC only running 11s/12s and at only 1 teen mph? Do you really think that car will beat the fast street hondas??? If so you're in for a rude awakening!!!

Because its untuned, running with a MAF and is stock interior.
There is no such thing as a "fast" street honda my Semi-stock GT will beat a "Fast" Street Honda.
This is what people see of those Fast Street Hondas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafGOWzMYsI

Heres another video of your "Fast" Street Honda's
I like how the Honda has about a 2-3 car length starting lead and still gets blown away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5csGQ6kxFQc
Read the comments if you never saw the episode and you'll know its one of your "Fast" Street Hondas.

[ June 18, 2007, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you mean it has an SHM motor? Does it have ported heads and cams? Stock Cobras with S Trim's with just regular bolt ons trap 115-120mph easy...

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
What do you mean it has an SHM motor? Does it have ported heads and cams? Stock Cobras with S Trim's with just regular bolt ons trap 115-120mph easy...

Its a SHM motor with Stage 2 heads, Stage 2 intake with shortrunners, blower cams, Its untuned for the D1SC procharger and tuned for a much smaller P1SC procharger. With its old setup it ran 118-122 passes, it also had 3.73 gears. Now it has 4.30s.
UNTUNED means its not running 100%, i guess some people don't know what that means.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Also if you didn't know this but if you don't keep it floored all the way until your passed the big signs you won't get an accurate mph. If you let off at the 1/4 mark your MPH will be lower than it should. My dad was letting off it before the signs cause he didn't know this.
I believe once we get the F.A.S.T. System in it and get it all tuned it will be an easily high 10s car the way it sits now but if we throw some long tube headers on it and tear out all the motors for the convert, the stereo that doesn't work, the backseat, some carpet, maybe some racing seats then it should be a low 10s car but then if we upgrade to a D2 procharger or bigger it could be a high 9s

[ June 18, 2007, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you watch too much tv. there is some fast imports out there with full interior and much less work that will put a whoopin on your dads car.

get it all worked out and with the d2 and ill run your dads car heads up to see where it stands. 4v here also.

[ June 19, 2007, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: happygmore ]

Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by happygmore:
you watch too much tv. there is some fast imports out there with full interior and much less work that will put a whoopin on your dads car.

get it all worked out and with the d2 and ill run your dads car heads up to see where it stands. 4v here also.

i don't watch tv much, but i don't video tape hondas breaking down at the track or running 20 seconds times with turbos so i knew of a couple of "fast" hondas that someone else has filmed.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
I don't get it. Why is a drag only mustang with a built motor and SC only running 11s/12s and at only 1 teen mph? Do you really think that car will beat the fast street hondas??? If so you're in for a rude awakening!!!

There is no such thing as a "fast" street honda my Semi-stock GT will beat a "Fast" Street Honda.

I like how the Honda has about a 2-3 car length starting lead and still gets blown away
Read the comments if you never saw the episode and you'll know its one of your "Fast" Street Hondas.

Those videos aren't anything. I can post up a bunch of vids of domestics beating hondas too and vice versa. Dana man I think you are stuck in a world 10 years ago or something. Imports are not that slow anymore. Hondas have really high trap speeds if you ever race one of the fast ones on the freeway you'll get smoked. Believe me on that! I race them all the time since I'm an import and they run high 140 traps easily. I don't care how much tweaking you do with your combo right now its not going to trap high 140s. And there is NO way your semi stock gt can hang with them you'll get killed. Of course I beat the shit out of them but he'll I'm just that damn good. Most of the fast ones are in LA but there is an import race at Sac within the next few months so they may be coming up to race. Hell I know of 8 sec hondas, 7 sec supras, 7 sec dsm's, 6 sec Solaras.

Why are you guys racing it untuned? I get the untuned part but I don't get the racing it untuned part.

Don't get me wrong I don't like those hondas either. But you gotta give them credit when they run the times and many of them have. I don't see why you think they are so slow and why you think you or your dad will smoke them. Hell I even have a hard time with some of them and I'll smoke just about anyone here. And yes I'm an import too!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I love the support we have for fellow CA Ford members here LOL. I can feel the love. Give them time. Judging buy the nice place his parents live in his dad could probably go out and buy a turn key 8 sec ride. Give them a little props for at least trying to dial it in themselves

I don't think anyone is making fun of them. Its just that they should be faster that's all. Same thing if I said that I ran mid 9s. You'd say "wtf shouldn't you be faster than that with your bad ass Supra that I cannot afford??? After all that thing is gorgeous and it has more power than anyone in cafords!"

I get why you speak of giving them time. Hell how much time have you given yourself? 20 years to finish your car? Will it ever be done?????

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:

I agree!!!! My import has full interior, working cold a/c, power everything and it will put a whoopin on just about anyone on cafords!!

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a clue, for every fast import (less than 10 sec 1/4 mile) there are 50 fast domestics... domestics rule the drag strip, everyone knows that. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I agree!!!! My import has full interior, working cold a/c, power everything and it will put a whoopin on just about anyone on cafords!!
What u got and what u running? You drive it daily or just a trailor bitch? or a weekend slut?
happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where are the sluts? i am game.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Here's a clue for you. My street import is faster than most street domestics including just about all here on cafords. The only one that can beat me is JP (I think he's still street) other than that I'd whoop up on the rest. Its obvious that domestics can be made to be faster and that there are more fast domestics than there are fast imports. You foos throw out times like its no big deal. If its not that big of a deal then why aren't there more single digit street cars here on cafords? Most of you don't even know what it takes to run the numbers. Go buy a clue its also known as seat time.

I have an import. Its the fastest street import in the bay and one of the fastest in CA. Its a daily driver. Its also a trailer queen but its NOT a weekend slut. She's too classy to go out on weekends dressed up like that. She's a lady, not a jezebel.

--------------------

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

lol.......no sluts???

man i was getting hot n bothered...

one thing i will tell u, the import crowd has better models....lol not fat heffers..mooooooooooo

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

AND, you don't see any mullets at the import events!!!

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have an import. Its the fastest street import in the bay and one of the fastest in CA.

[BS flag] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
I have an import. Its the fastest street import in the bay and one of the fastest in CA.

[BS flag] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] [Roll Eyes]
Name the fastest street import that you know of in the bay and what times it runs.

[ June 20, 2007, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I know of an every day street driven honda that will hand you your ass.im not a fan of those lil things but some of them run and run very well [Wink]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:

Now it has 4.30s.

you should have gone the other way with the gears,this was NOT a good choice IMO
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:
Finally my dad's 98 Cobra broke into the 11s tonight in 98 degree weather at sac raceway. When we first got there it was 107 degrees. Hot as hell. First run was 11.96, 2nd run was 11.79. Then we let the car cool down and the 3rd run was 11.66, 4th was 11.95 (had some problems)
We got in hella runs, we were the ONLY car there for about 2 hours. I think it was the 5th or 6th run we blew a hose off the blower. The last run of the night the clutch cable came off the clutch quadrant so we called it a night after fixing that.
Heres some videos
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037012158
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037012752
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037013184

was this on saturday during the day time? because i was out there all day long and did c any red cobras...
you never reply to my question...but it was not no 107 degres on saturday, if you did go that day...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Also, I'm shocked that you'd run that thing without spending the final grand or so to get it tuned properly. A LOT OF MONEY on the line!

This is the effing truth... Drop a grand and get that cobra tuned ASAP.

quote:
Its a SHM motor with Stage 2 heads, Stage 2 intake with shortrunners, blower cams, Its untuned for the D1SC procharger and tuned for a much smaller P1SC procharger. With its old setup it ran 118-122 passes, it also had 3.73 gears. Now it has 4.30s.
UNTUNED means its not running 100%, i guess some people don't know what that means.

So, lets see.... you dump all this money into a SHM motor, intake cams and heads... and go to a D1sc... and don't get it tuned... and decide to go out an beat on it? [Eek!]

UNTUNED means you are using an ooooollllddd tune.
UNTUNED means your A/f might be all over the place.
UNTUNED means you don't know the if your car is making SAFE power... and not one throttle lift away from puking a rod.
UNTUNED means you are beating on the car with NO IDEA of how the motor is running.

Get it tuned before flogging it again!!

[ June 20, 2007, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:
quote:

Name the fastest street import that you know of in the bay and what times it runs.
Yup that's right! I knew I would hear crickets!!!

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

STFU, you are a ghost on this site. You "claimed" to have a car no one has seen, no pics, no races, NOTHING. You are a troll with an open import magazine you read out of.

I'd bet you have a beat up 67 Mustang with a rattle can paint job that makes good power when running.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

STFU, you are a ghost on this site. You "claimed" to have a car no one has seen, no pics, no races, NOTHING. You are a troll with an open import magazine you read out of.

I'd bet you have a beat up 67 Mustang with a rattle can paint job that makes good power when running.

Oh go unwad your panties lil missy sissy. You bet I have a 67 stang? LOL! Man you are even more dumb than I thought!!!! I used to leave you alone because you're an idiot and I felt sorry for you. Maybe you need a spanking like the rest here?

I'm not a ghost here lots of peeps know who I am and have seen my car run single digits. I put up my real time slips too. You haven't seen it but hell who cares about you anyway. Its not like you matter at all you're just another nobody. And what have you done? You work in an auto shop and you still have a pile of a car that has a hard time breaking into the 12s, if that!! LOL! Truly sad!!! Like I just said, nobody!

whoohooooooo high 12s and low 13s and you work in an auto shop!!!! Congrats on being pathetic!!!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

And BTW if you want to talk shit move it to the street racing section this is not the place for it. How long have you been a member? You should know that by now!

Oh and you never answered the question of who is the fastest street import in the bay. And I still hear crickets looks like you just stfu your own self! Good job!

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com