Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 11.66@117mph (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 11.66@117mph
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally my dad's 98 Cobra broke into the 11s tonight in 98 degree weather at sac raceway. When we first got there it was 107 degrees. Hot as hell. First run was 11.96, 2nd run was 11.79. Then we let the car cool down and the 3rd run was 11.66, 4th was 11.95 (had some problems)
We got in hella runs, we were the ONLY car there for about 2 hours. I think it was the 5th or 6th run we blew a hose off the blower. The last run of the night the clutch cable came off the clutch quadrant so we called it a night after fixing that.
Heres some videos
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037012158
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037012752
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037013184

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good.. what tranny u guys running?

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very cool Dana,

(however, that is the slowest shifting I have ever witnessed in the history of automotive racing) [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Very cool Dana,

(however, that is the slowest shifting I have ever witnessed in the history of automotive racing) [Wink]

LOL yeah my dad was granny shifting it, he knows he wanted to get a feel for the car better since we've never been able to really finish a run without blowing a hose or breaking something.
He didn't get a chance to even use the line lock off and rev limiter off the line last night.
The first run he wanted to test the brakes and still broke into the 11s [Smile]

[ June 16, 2007, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so what tranny Dana? an clutch. tha car gots show an go i like it

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
so what tranny Dana? an clutch. tha car gots show an go i like it

opps sorry
Its a TKO with a Spec Stage 3 clutch

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

nice good to see some stick cars at the track.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice to hear that the car is out at the track again. What kind of numbers is the motor putting down to the rubber. I am sure you guys got more then the 11.66 in it. Shoot my little 331 did that with DR's. Yeah tell your dad to put some more practice in that shifting too!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
Nice to hear that the car is out at the track again. What kind of numbers is the motor putting down to the rubber. I am sure you guys got more then the 11.66 in it. Shoot my little 331 did that with DR's. Yeah tell your dad to put some more practice in that shifting too!

Its untuned with the D1 [Eek!] so we don't know how much its putting down to the ground.
It was so hot in SAC so i am sure its got a lot more in it if it was 30 degrees cooler.

[ June 16, 2007, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

Its untuned with the D1 [Eek!] so we don't know how much its putting down to the ground.
It was so hot in SAC so i am sure its got a lot more in it if it was 30 degrees cooler.

Sorry i missed being able to see it make some full pass [Frown]

Have you at least checked the a/f [Confused]

Are you guys not worried about running it w/o a tune?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
quote:

Sorry i missed being able to see it make some full pass [Frown]

Have you at least checked the a/f [Confused]

Are you guys not worried about running it w/o a tune?

we had the A/F ratio done on it about 2-3 years ago with the old blower.

We have the F.A.S.T. 2 system for it, we just haven't installed it yet.

[ June 17, 2007, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
isnt this a built motor with a SC? drag setup?
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
koo numbers. I need to go to the track again!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by happygmore:
isnt this a built motor with a SC? drag setup?

Its a SHM motor with a D1SC Procharger, complete drag setup, not for street use

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
exactly.... [Confused]
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of those lil street hondas that you hate so much are gonna take you out and lay the beat down on you!!!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Some of those lil street hondas that you hate so much are gonna take you out and lay the beat down on you!!!!!

You mean those drag hondas that either never run below 12 seconds or break down at the line? [Eek!]
They wouldn't have a chance.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana

What ultimately is the goal of the car ET wise?

I know that's what most of us are thinking when they see a high 11 sec pass in a drag specific blown Cobra [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Finally my dad's 98 Cobra broke into the 11s tonight in 98 degree weather at sac raceway. When we first got there it was 107 degrees. Hot as hell. First run was 11.96, 2nd run was 11.79. Then we let the car cool down and the 3rd run was 11.66, 4th was 11.95 (had some problems)
We got in hella runs, we were the ONLY car there for about 2 hours. I think it was the 5th or 6th run we blew a hose off the blower. The last run of the night the clutch cable came off the clutch quadrant so we called it a night after fixing that.
Heres some videos
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037012158
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037012752
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037013184

was this on saturday during the day time? because i was out there all day long and did c any red cobras...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you have to learn to walk before you can run. [Big Grin]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
you have to learn to walk before you can run. [Big Grin]

[Wink] but of course....that's why i was wondering how quick they plan to go once it all comes together [Smile]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana, I'm SHOCKED! For the money, boost, time you guys have into that Cobra and are only running high 11's, HELL LOW 11'S WOULD SHOCK ME! I expected 10 more MPH with the money you guys have put into that thing [Frown]

Also, I'm shocked that you'd run that thing without spending the final grand or so to get it tuned properly. A LOT OF MONEY on the line!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

opie
¯
Member # 7693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for opie  Ford pictures for opie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Very cool Dana,

LOL yeah my dad was granny shifting it, he knows he wanted to get a feel for the car better since we've never been able to really finish a run without blowing a hose or breaking something.
He didn't get a chance to even use the line lock off and rev limiter off the line last night.
The first run he wanted to test the brakes and still broke into the 11s [Smile]

I think he said why it was the ET it was.
Posts: 67 | From: dutch harbor | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't get it. Why is a drag only mustang with a built motor and SC only running 11s/12s and at only 1 teen mph? Do you really think that car will beat the fast street hondas??? If so you're in for a rude awakening!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love the support we have for fellow CA Ford members here LOL. I can feel the love. Give them time. Judging buy the nice place his parents live in his dad could probably go out and buy a turn key 8 sec ride. Give them a little props for at least trying to dial it in themselves

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com