Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TNT Today (11/12) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TNT Today (11/12)
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since the 2 cars were so close ET/MPH, we wanted to get the raceweight of each....but the scales were locked up.
From previous weighing of the wifes car & current mods I'd guess raceweight is around 3200lbs w/driver.

We've removed:
spare tire/jack
smog pump
Moose nuts on the rear end
Front sway bar

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
from the article I read the cam is a crane s238. Brief specs were 238/246 .560/.579 and that's the only numbers given.

Evan, what does that car weigh? Where does it want to shift? Was it ever put on a chasis dyno? What did it make and where did it peak. That's packin some serious heat for some 165's [Eek!] [worship]

and the rest about the cam are secrets that i cant give out [Cool] because i dont even know them lol. some things about this motor my boss just doesn't want to give out. [Frown] but we can build this exact motor for anyone interested. [Smile]

the car i would imagine it to be around 3100-3200 maybe with me in it. thats just a guess though maybe more maybe less. its got the full dash/center console, all panels power windows/locks, and i little 6 point roll bar. no rear seat and two bucket seats up front and what CDT listed above. it still has the stock k member and front suspension, subframes, safety loop and the other stuff that CDT mentioned. oh there is no power steering or ac unit. its just one bad motherfucker. [Big Grin]

Yes the car was put on our chassis dyno we have an 1100hp 200mph mustang dyno to go along with the FULL machine shop. all we did was play with the carb, we never played with the timing at all. this car WILL go faster. it made 381 at the wheels almost over heating after we did 4-5 nitrous pulls. NO we have not ran the car on the bottle at the track YET.

i shift at around 6800. where it made peak i'm not too sure, i'll have to get the dyno sheet. i'll let you all know by tomorrow night.

[ November 13, 2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
from the article I read the cam is a crane s238. Brief specs were 238/246 .560/.579 and that's the only numbers given.

Evan, what does that car weigh? Where does it want to shift? Was it ever put on a chasis dyno? What did it make and where did it peak. That's packin some serious heat for some 165's [Eek!] [worship]

and the rest about the cam are secrets that i cant give out [Cool] because i dont even know them lol. some things about this motor my boss just doesn't want to give out. [Frown] but we can build this exact motor for anyone interested. [Smile]

the car i would imagine it to be around 3100-3200 maybe with me in it. thats just a guess though maybe more maybe less. its got the full dash/center console, all panels power windows/locks, and i little 6 point roll bar. no rear seat and two bucket seats up front and what CDT listed above. it still has the stock k member and front suspension, subframes, safety loop and the other stuff that CDT mentioned. oh there is no power steering or ac unit. its just one bad motherfucker. [Big Grin]

Yes the car was put on our chassis dyno we have an 1100hp 200mph mustang dyno to go along with the FULL machine shop. all we did was play with the carb, we never played with the timing at all. this car WILL go faster. it made 381 at the wheels almost over heating after we did 4-5 nitrous pulls. NO we have not ran the car on the bottle at the track YET.

i shift at around 6800. where it made peak i'm not too sure, i'll have to get the dyno sheet. i'll let you all know by tomorrow night.

How much nitrous are you spraying and what block do you run?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its just a small kit like 100-125hp, its a stock block.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:

[patriot]

[ November 13, 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Kinda scary..lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Kinda scary..lol
Tick-tick-tick....I hear the countdown till "boom" already. j/k! [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no biggie, we have other engines ready to go for it. Would be nice to see this simple combo run a 9

[ November 13, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: CDT ]

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
no biggie, we have other engines ready to go for it.

thats what i'm talkin about. [Cool] got a turn key 351 windsor stroker ready to go.

[ November 13, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
quote:

thats what i'm talkin about. [Cool] got a turn key 351 windsor stroker ready to go.
and a turbo 383W under the bench.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
quote:
quote:

and a turbo 383W under the bench.
lol thats right, we got 'em lined up.
[Cool]

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

hmmmm, maybe we should put an LS1 in it.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

we could take that 6.0L were building up. i'm sure you know all about that one. haaahaaaa

[ November 13, 2005, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

twin VTEC's?? [Eek!]

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

ha! yeah right. [Big Grin]
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

get down to the shop and get to work..

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

lol, dont you got a 6.0L ls1 with a sts rear mount turbo to put into a 2004 gto. or something like that. hehe.

[ November 13, 2005, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

ah, who would do something like that?? Maybe we should do a 6.0L powerstroke diesel in the Mustang.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice ET's guys!

The motor build up and engine dyno article is here:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/05/DynoDuel/

I'm sure you guys are making better/broader torque with the dual plane intake now.

The cam is a mechanical roller 238/246 .560"/.579" 110LSA.

I gotta say though, IF the car weighs 3200lbs, and you dynoed at 380 rear wheel hp... that doesn't ad up to 10.9/124. I'd suspect the race weight to be more like 2800. But I've never see the car... You sure you aint sprayin' about a 75 shot [Wink]

Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
Nice ET's guys!

I'm sure you guys are making better/broader torque with the dual plane intake now.

I gotta say though, IF the car weighs 3200lbs, and you dynoed at 380 rear wheel hp... that doesn't ad up to 10.9/124. I'd suspect the race weight to be more like 2800. But I've never see the car... You sure you aint sprayin' about a 75 shot [Wink]

Mustang dyno's usually dyno lower...FWIW It would prolly be well over 400rw on a dyno jet.

BTW, awesome times....

--------------------
Duane
2K1 WS6
2K2 ZO6

Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who is running between 11.00 and 11.50? And what were your 1/8 mile times and MPH?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

the car went 99.094 in the 1/8

NO nitrous at the track at all. i showed 93 pony, all throttle no bottle.

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
Nice ET's guys!

no nitrous. 2800lbs i dont know, we'll have to weigh it next time out.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
awsome:you guy's don't know how lucky you are to race at Sac this time of year. How far under sea leval was it today?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
who is running between 11.00 and 11.50? And what were your 1/8 mile times and MPH?

I'm not it the range but almost...11.56
1/8 7.34 mph 94.23

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com