Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lets get justice for my boys family (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: lets get justice for my boys family
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"And video experts for the district attorney's office said it did look as though Duenez had a knife in his hand at the start of the footage. Yet they lost sight of it and did not know how it ended up in the bed.

He had allegedly been involved in a domestic disturbance that day with his wife and witnesses claimed he was carrying the knife and was known to carry a gun, but none was found at the scene."

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by ILLMNRD86:
quote:
quote:
It gets old man... Hearing this type of shit "man shot by police while reaching for hotdog" We see it all too often, trigger happy cops.... Or what about the BART shooting? How do you explain that? Case and point if the officer cannot distinguish an immediate threat then there is no justification to open fire. You cant shoot people based on assumptions, If every cop reacted to a threat that way then there would be a hell of alot more police related homicides here in the US. you can see in the video that when the guy came out from the truck that he did not have a gun, though he had a knife the officer still had ample time to retreat for cover rather than use deadly force... And also officers are not trained too "UNLOAD" their weapons... maybe in Columbia or sinaloa mexico but not here in the US.

Either way, sad stuff RIP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill
From what I read in that definition and what I saw in that video, it seems to me that the officer shot too early...
Not if you look at the stills of the video, you can see the knife in the guys hand and he hasn't been shot yet. Its definitely sad but knowing the guys history, the way he acted and what he had in his hand, it was a justified shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247514/Graphic-footage-police-officer-fatally-shooting-man-ELEVEN-times-outside-home-released-day-cop-cleared-wrongdoing.html?ito=feeds-new sxml

Justified or not, I still think that it couldve been avoided or handled differently.. No matter if the dude was a drug addict gang member or not, does not mean that he should be shot down like a dog.. Also to be clear, I have no affiliation or relationship to that of the deceased. Just sharing my couple pennies... Here is a hypothetical question I want you to answer for me... " Say you and a group of friends head to the lake to enjoy a BBQ, everyone is having a good time. Then another group of people shows up and sets up not far. An argument ensues and a fight breaks out, a member from the opposing party that is an off duty cop pulls out a gun and shoots your friend in the head and kills him because he thought your friend was reaching for a gun, but your friend was only reaching for a cell phone".... Is that Okay or Not?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would be an excellent shot!

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It gets old man... Hearing this type of shit "man shot by police while reaching for hotdog" We see it all too often, trigger happy cops.... Or what about the BART shooting? How do you explain that? Case and point if the officer cannot distinguish an immediate threat then there is no justification to open fire. You cant shoot people based on assumptions, If every cop reacted to a threat that way then there would be a hell of alot more police related homicides here in the US. you can see in the video that when the guy came out from the truck that he did not have a gun, though he had a knife the officer still had ample time to retreat for cover rather than use deadly force... And also officers are not trained too "UNLOAD" their weapons... maybe in Columbia or sinaloa mexico but not here in the US.

Either way, sad stuff RIP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill
From what I read in that definition and what I saw in that video, it seems to me that the officer shot too early...
Not if you look at the stills of the video, you can see the knife in the guys hand and he hasn't been shot yet. Its definitely sad but knowing the guys history, the way he acted and what he had in his hand, it was a justified shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247514/Graphic-footage-police-officer-fatally-shooting-man-ELEVEN-times-outside-home-released-day-cop-cleared-wrongdoing.html?ito=feeds-new sxml

Justified or not, I still think that it couldve been avoided or handled differently.. No matter if the dude was a drug addict gang member or not, does not mean that he should be shot down like a dog.. Also to be clear, I have no affiliation or relationship to that of the deceased. Just sharing my couple pennies... Here is a hypothetical question I want you to answer for me... " Say you and a group of friends head to the lake to enjoy a BBQ, everyone is having a good time. Then another group of people shows up and sets up not far. An argument ensues and a fight breaks out, a member from the opposing party that is an off duty cop pulls out a gun and shoots your friend in the head and kills him because he thought your friend was reaching for a gun, but your friend was only reaching for a cell phone".... Is that Okay or Not?
Cop would be at fault since hes at a party i am assuming he was drinking which he can do off duty but carrying a gun while drinking or using that gun while drinking isn't.
This cop wasn't at a party he was doing a parolee arrest of a known violent offender who jumped out of the truck with a knife in his hands, your comparison has no meaning and i don't see the point either.
I also agree that would be a good shot.

Here is the 21ft drill, the cardboard figure is a man running with a knife at the chick. The officer and the suspect/victim were closer than 21ft.
http://youtu.be/wmZj6dYrNzk

[ December 14, 2012, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
say he was on duty under the same circumstances and shot and killed your friend in the same hypothetical scenario that i provided.... Would he still be at fault or would it be justified?

[ December 14, 2012, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: ILLMNRD86 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
say he was on duty under the same circumstances and shot and killed your friend in the same hypothetical scenario that i provided.... Would he still be at fault or would it be justified?

Your question is not a good one.
Was my friend reaching into his car to get his cell phone?
Was the cop with the other group or not?
Did the cop say freeze, show me your hands?
Where was my friend?
Why was the cop there?
Was my friend getting beat up at the time he was reaching for his cell phone?
Was the cop doing the beating?
Do me and my friend know hes a cop?
I need way more specifics.

[ December 14, 2012, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
quote:

Where was my friend?
Why was the cop there?

Look, nice job in finding the only flaw in my question to avoid answering it.. [Wink] I'll give you that... but either way we know where you stand and we know were I stand... 2 different views and perspectives. I can appreciate that but my point was by asking that question was to see what you would say if someone you knew was in similar circumstances, maybe that concept was too complex for you to understand but you do not seem stupid to me and seem like you might have decent perception so I thought you would be able to understand the point I was trying to get across...

[ December 14, 2012, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: ILLMNRD86 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

Where was my friend?
Why was the cop there?

Look, nice job in finding the only flaw in my question to avoid answering it.. [Wink] I'll give you that... but either way we know where you stand and we know were I stand... 2 different views and perspectives. I can appreciate that but my point was by asking that question was to see what you would say if someone you knew was in similar circumstances, maybe that concept was too complex for you to understand but you do not seem stupid to me and seem like you might have decent perception so I thought you would be able understand the point I was trying to get across...
Honestly can't answer the question without a better picture of whats going on.
I see where your trying to go with the question but it all depends on the scenario, it doesn't change what happened to this guy.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LhnY17F_eiQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLhnY17F_eiQ

[ December 14, 2012, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: 90fox5.0 ]

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh man, what a can of worms this has become.

[ December 14, 2012, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: BLK35th ]

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
You know what I stated that incorrectly. I think people directly from that neighborhood not including family or friends I was picked as a jury member for a murder in Richmond. I didn't want shit to do with it like come on now I live in Pitt pick someone who's actually affected by the situation

The whole point of a jury is to select a group of impartial people. Meaning, people with no prior knowledge or vested interest in the case. What you suggest is the exact opposite of that.

The job of a juror is to hear and see the evidence of the case as presented by the prosecution and defense, and make an informed, unbiased decision. How can a juror do that if the case directly impacts their neighborhood and/or family?

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lota cops are pussies, easy to say it easily avoidable- in hindsight. But he got buck blasted in the back... Cop looked hella scarred...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scandalous, dude shot him 11 times in the back, and keeps the gun pointed at him to make sure that they clear the vacinity (front yard grass) GTFOH!

All the punk po-lice... Piture me rollin!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just saw both vids and its hard to say. i think the cop was scared to begin with and the dude should have listened to him. pple arent perfect including cops and criminals. both made a mistake but the cops mistake was done because the guy made the mistake of not putting his hands up.

i gotta say though is that 13 shots is excessive. i dont know if thats how they are trained to do but in that distance, i dont think 13 shots are necessary. if your that close, i think only a few are enough to put your threat down.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnot:
just saw both vids and its hard to say. i think the cop was scared to begin with and the dude should have listened to him. pple arent perfect including cops and criminals. both made a mistake but the cops mistake was done because the guy made the mistake of not putting his hands up.

i gotta say though is that 13 shots is excessive. i dont know if thats how they are trained to do but in that distance, i dont think 13 shots are necessary. if your that close, i think only a few are enough to put your threat down.

True, the cop's actions were erratic, as for everyone commenting on this, Manteca PD is full of hard ass trigger happy mofos that make me wonder who are the ones who are snorting some crack
I've had my share of Manteca pd assholes
I don't know how you can look suspicious wearing shorts and a tshirt wearing weight lifting gloves and still get searched for weapons/ drugs fuck Manteca pd

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121212/A_NEWS/121219977

quote:
MANTECA - The San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office has determined that the officer-involved shooting death of Ernesto Duenez last year was legally justified.

The District Attorney's Office, the Manteca Police Department and the California Department of Justice conducted a joint protocol investigation into the death of Duenez, 35, who was killed June 8, 2011, in the 200 block of Flores Avenue. The investigation, which included an analysis of Manteca police Officer John Moody's in-car audio and video unit, showed that Duenez was armed with an 8-inch, fixed-blade knife, the District Attorney's Office said.

Duenez was told to put his "hands up" and "drop the knife now," but he ignored repeated orders, the District Attorney's Office said. Moody then said, "Ernie, don't you move or I'll shoot you" and issued two more unheeded commands before opening fire, the District Attorney's Office said.

An autopsy showed Duenez was struck by 11 bullets, including one to the head, and that he had amphetamines and methamphetamine in his system when he died, the District Attorney's Office said.

RIP and sorry for your loss.

Honestly, The situation could have been prevented by him just cooperating. At first I thought he was going to run, until he turned back into the truck. Drugs and background have a lot to do with this.

But IMO,

1. 8" knife in hand
2. Disobeying what seems to be several commands by a police officer.
3. Doped up with amphetamines.

I would've shot him too. Maybe not 11 times, but I still would've shot him.

[ December 14, 2012, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: 92MaroonGT ]

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I don't get is, after shooting him MULTIPLE times why the fuck was he handcuffed??
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like dude fucked around an found out the hard way
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok first couple of shots he looked to be alive but definitely gave up but come on keep firing till he was dead!? What kinda bullshit is that? [BS flag]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to get this off my chest.

First off I'd like to give a big LMFAO @ everyone on YouTube & CaFords who's got the nerve calling this officer a pussy. I'd LOVE to see anyone of you critics perform a felony stop or serve a search warrant of a know violent criminal without throwing up, pissing yourself or even worse shitting your pants beforehand.
Hell most of you guys probably have your heart rate to up when your being pulled over for tint, broken tail light & no cats LOL.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92MaroonGT:
quote:

quote:
MANTECA - The San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office has determined that the officer-involved shooting death of Ernesto Duenez last year was legally justified.

The District Attorney's Office, the Manteca Police Department and the California Department of Justice conducted a joint protocol investigation into the death of Duenez, 35, who was killed June 8, 2011, in the 200 block of Flores Avenue. The investigation, which included an analysis of Manteca police Officer John Moody's in-car audio and video unit, showed that Duenez was armed with an 8-inch, fixed-blade knife, the District Attorney's Office said.

Duenez was told to put his "hands up" and "drop the knife now," but he ignored repeated orders, the District Attorney's Office said. Moody then said, "Ernie, don't you move or I'll shoot you" and issued two more unheeded commands before opening fire, the District Attorney's Office said.

An autopsy showed Duenez was struck by 11 bullets, including one to the head, and that he had amphetamines and methamphetamine in his system when he died, the District Attorney's Office said.

Honestly, The situation could have been prevented by him just cooperating. At first I thought he was going to run, until he turned back into the truck. Drugs and background have a lot to do with this.

But IMO,

1. 8" knife in hand

This topic seems really touchy but I agree with this guy. Sucks people have to die but when the Police say 'don't move or ill shoot you' you fucking don't move.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Originally posted by 92MaroonGT:
quote:

quote:

But IMO,

1. 8" knife in hand

This topic seems really touchy but I agree with this guy. Sucks people have to die but when the Police say 'don't move or ill shoot you' you fucking don't move.
^^^^Here ya go^^^^

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
fast305s
¯
Member # 11897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fast305s  Ford pictures for fast305s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you are told to freeze an put your hands in the air.. thats what you do. Not only for there saftey but also for yours. Its not a power trip or anything like that. You show the cops your hands an get on your face so he knows you are absoutly no threat. If your on drugs, and carrying a weapon, an you want to deliberately disobey an officer then things like this happen. Do I think that the police handle every situation correctly? No. But do I know there job decription? Do I know that tjere already on edge? Do I know what they deal with day in an day out? Yea I do. Do what they ask of you an you go home at the end of the day.

Very sad to here an my thoughts an prayers are with the victims family but this situation coulda ended with show me your hands

--------------------
Built, not bought.

95 mustang gt
73 f-100
06 powerstroke

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
Lota cops are pussies, easy to say it easily avoidable- in hindsight. But he got buck blasted in the back... Cop looked hella scarred...

how are cops the pussies when they're the ones who hardly ever run away?!?!? felons are the ones that see the cops and run, not the other way around.
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

how are cops the pussies when they're the ones who hardly ever run away?!?!? felons are the ones that see the cops and run, not the other way around.
Ok all cops arent pussies, but when unload 13 rounds from 15 feet to a guy with his back turned, ur either a real bad shot or a pussy. Seeing as tho he hit him 11 of those times i wudnt think hes that bad a shot. Seems excesive dont u think?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com