Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lets get justice for my boys family (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: lets get justice for my boys family
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121212/A_NEWS/121219977

quote:
MANTECA - The San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office has determined that the officer-involved shooting death of Ernesto Duenez last year was legally justified.

The District Attorney's Office, the Manteca Police Department and the California Department of Justice conducted a joint protocol investigation into the death of Duenez, 35, who was killed June 8, 2011, in the 200 block of Flores Avenue. The investigation, which included an analysis of Manteca police Officer John Moody's in-car audio and video unit, showed that Duenez was armed with an 8-inch, fixed-blade knife, the District Attorney's Office said.

Duenez was told to put his "hands up" and "drop the knife now," but he ignored repeated orders, the District Attorney's Office said. Moody then said, "Ernie, don't you move or I'll shoot you" and issued two more unheeded commands before opening fire, the District Attorney's Office said.

An autopsy showed Duenez was struck by 11 bullets, including one to the head, and that he had amphetamines and methamphetamine in his system when he died, the District Attorney's Office said.

Well thats unfortunate

--------------------
1966 Mustang

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which part? The one that says justified or the one that says he had a knife while ignoring orders and hopped up on drugs?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I respect all opinions but still say he should have not let off so many rounds but here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0GVZFwiP6Y&sns=em

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sad video to watch but that cop did what he needed to do. That woman didn't even listen to his orders and he didn't shoot her. Because she didn't have a weapon. If she picked up the knife she would most likely would have also been shot.

Reading the youtube comments was interesting to say the least. When you shoot someone your taught to shoot until the threat has been eliminated. Even after being shot 11 times he was STILL moving....... You can't expect a cop to aim for a leg in a situation like that. Your gonna aim center mass and lay down fire until they shop moving.

Also I'm not surprised Buris was his lawyer. That guy is one of the worst race baiting lawyers in the United States. If anyone deserves to be shot it's that guy.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hella sad video. Right or wrong that cop unloaded on him like a novice that never had to fire a gun in a real situation.........

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lots of cop bashing in here, not saying all cops are good cause i am sure there are some bad ones but this video right here is why police shoot
http://youtu.be/k8-ycSkoYfc
This cop had every right to blow this dude away before he pulled the AR15 out. He threatened the officers life, tried attacking him. They show this video to new police officers so after seeing this video would you shoot or wait until its too late?

RIP to your friend and RIP to the cop in my video

[ December 13, 2012, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Sad video to watch but that cop did what he needed to do. That woman didn't even listen to his orders and he didn't shoot her. Because she didn't have a weapon. If she picked up the knife she would most likely would have also been shot.

Reading the youtube comments was interesting to say the least. When you shoot someone your taught to shoot until the threat has been eliminated. Even after being shot 11 times he was STILL moving....... You can't expect a cop to aim for a leg in a situation like that. Your gonna aim center mass and lay down fire until they shop moving.

Also I'm not surprised Buris was his lawyer. That guy is one of the worst race baiting lawyers in the United States. If anyone deserves to be shot it's that guy.

Agree that situation could've been avoided however just can't grasp the fact that the cop unloaded crazily on him and still stood there with the gun in his hand. Then proceeds to handcuff the lifeless body....

Taken from Youtube comment

"i don't know about circumstances, but i am sure holding the gun like that for an extended time,after you already shot the guy eleven times and he is dead already, looks something is wrong with that cop"

RIP.

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
Lots of cop bashing in here, not saying all cops are good cause i am sure there are some bad ones but this video right here is why police shoot
This cop had every right to blow this dude away before he pulled the AR15 out. He threatened the officers life, tried attacking him. They show this video to new police officers so after seeing this video would you shoot or wait until its too late?

That was terrible to watch

--------------------
The anti-crew

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:

Agree that situation could've been avoided however just can't grasp the fact that the cop unloaded crazily on him and still stood there with the gun in his hand. Then proceeds to handcuff the lifeless body....

Taken from Youtube comment

"i don't know about circumstances, but i am sure holding the gun like that for an extended time,after you already shot the guy eleven times and he is dead already, looks something is wrong with that cop"

RIP.

That's what cops are trained to do, unload the mag until the threat is neutralized. If the threat is still moving keep shooting.
LOL at the youtube comments about shooting him in the legs, that is impossible unless he was standing still.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:

That was terrible to watch
agreed

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

That video is exactly why I said it was justified. That could've easily turned into the same situation with the way the guy was acting.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He didn't have a gun(the dead guy)..... Whatever happened to non-Lethal force? i.e. tasers & batons? The officer's life was NOT in immediate danger, he also could've shot to injure rather than kill.. Statistically officers that fire their weapons, rarely ever only fire one or two shots- instead they tend to get trigger happy and fire away until their guns empty... unnecessary/avoidable death if you ask me.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by ILLMNRD86:
He didn't have a gun(the dead guy)..... Whatever happened to non-Lethal force? i.e. tasers & batons? The officer's life was NOT in immediate danger, he also could've shot to injure rather than kill.. Statistically officers that fire their weapons, rarely ever only fire one or two shots- instead they tend to get trigger happy and fire away until their guns empty... unnecessary/avoidable death if you ask me.

Its hard to say all that from watching the video. Police can't read minds and it happened so fast with the guy ducking back into the truck the cop couldn't know what he was doing. Tasers don't always work either.
Again police are TRAINED to unload the entire magazine at a threat, shooting to maim/injure is impossible on a moving target, you shoot for the biggest part of the body, the chest.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Its hard to say all that from watching the video. Police can't read minds and it happened so fast with the guy ducking back into the truck the cop couldn't know what he was doing. Tasers don't always work either.
Again police are TRAINED to unload the entire magazine at a threat, shooting to maim/injure is impossible on a moving target, you shoot for the biggest part of the body, the chest.

Cops are also trained to use sound discretion with making life altering judgement calls such as things like with this shooting, if he could not see what the man was reaching for then he should not have opened fire, Period, you cant open fire on someone and kill them because "you thought they were going for a gun" when instead he was reaching for..ummm whatever.. Sometimes some people are better left to not thinking at all, let alone make a judgement call like this.... Also the man did NOT charge/run at the officer in a threatening manner, the officer had enough reaction time to do something else, i.e call for back up, use his batton etc, in my eyes lethal force was not necessary....

[ December 13, 2012, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: ILLMNRD86 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

Cops are also trained to use sound discretion with making life altering judgement calls such as things like with this shooting, if he could not see what the man was reaching for then he should not have opened fire, Period, you cant open fire on someone and kill them because "you thought they were going for a gun" when instead he was reaching for..ummm whatever.. Sometimes some people are better left to not thinking at all, let alone make a judgement call like this.... Also the man did NOT charge/run at the officer in a threatening manner, the officer had enough reaction time to do something else, i.e call for back up, use his batton etc, in my eyes lethal force was not necessary....
I don't know dude. Try and put yourself in that cops position but do so after you've imagined the same scenario but the guy comes out with a gun in his hand. You didn't know what he was reaching for and now your being shot or shot at, would you still pause and wait to see what hes getting?
If the scenario was different and the dude jumped out put his hands in the air and the cop shot him 11 times for doing that then i would say the cop is a murderer but from this video the cop didn't know what he was doing and waiting around to find out could have cost him his life, he couldn't have known. If you were a cop who's life would be more important to you, you or the guy infront of you reaching for something you can't see.
I've been pulled over before and while the cop was talking to me, i moved my hand that was in my lap and the cop grabbed his gun and asked me what i was doing. When they pull over someone they don't know who you are or what your going to do or if you just had a really bad day and are in a bad mood, when i get pulled over now i keep my hands on the steering wheel the entire time.

[ December 13, 2012, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops are trained to shoot to kill. End of story! When they do target practice they aim for the heart or head. In this case the cop thought the victim (yes the victim because that's what he is regardless of whatever crime he was being accused of earlier. Accused doesn't mean he's guilty.) was going to detonate a bomb and since he felt like his life was in immediate danger he had to eliminate the threat by discharging his weapon until he ran out of bullets. If the victim was still moving even if it was his body going into shock the cop still felt threatened.

--------------------
To be or not to be

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't know dude. Try and put yourself in that cops position but do so after you've imagined the same scenario but the guy comes out with a gun in his hand. You didn't know what he was reaching for and now your being shot or shot at, would you still pause and wait to see what hes getting?
If the scenario was different and the dude jumped out put his hands in the air and the cop shot him 11 times for doing that then i would say the cop is a murderer but from this video the cop didn't know what he was doing and waiting around to find out could have cost him his life, he couldn't have known. If you were a cop who's life would be more important to you, you or the guy infront of you reaching for something you can't see.
I've been pulled over before and while the cop was talking to me, i moved my hand that was in my lap and the cop grabbed his gun and asked me what i was doing. When they pull over someone they don't know who you are or what your going to do or if you just had a really bad day and are in a bad mood, when i get pulled over now i keep my hands on the steering wheel the entire time.

Agreed Dana.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To the OP I'm sorry for your loss. Alot of banter back and forth about the cop should have used a taxer or hit I'm in the leg, or used a baton. Reaction times come to split seconds, the cops goal is to go home at the end of the day not get stabbed or shot, he did not comply. To say the cop should wait or use a tazer is not for us to decide these guys are trained. I'm a fireman I don't just run into everything that's on fire you use your training to make judgement calls and to take someone's life is not an easy thing. It's horrible that we even have to have this discussion.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

It gets old man... Hearing this type of shit "man shot by police while reaching for hotdog" We see it all too often, trigger happy cops.... Or what about the BART shooting? How do you explain that? Case and point if the officer cannot distinguish an immediate threat then there is no justification to open fire. You cant shoot people based on assumptions, If every cop reacted to a threat that way then there would be a hell of alot more police related homicides here in the US. you can see in the video that when the guy came out from the truck that he did not have a gun, though he had a knife the officer still had ample time to retreat for cover rather than use deadly force... And also officers are not trained too "UNLOAD" their weapons... maybe in Columbia or sinaloa mexico but not here in the US.

Either way, sad stuff RIP.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Some good info on this video in this post on calguns
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=656128

The officer was there to arrest a parolee, who was considered armed and dangerous and had been arrested and convicted before.
"Duenez had prior convictions for burglary, statutory rape, possession of controlled substances, felony evading arrest, vehicle theft, possession of a stolen vehicle, assault with a deadly weapon and participating in a criminal street gang"

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
It gets old man... Hearing this type of shit "man shot by police while reaching for hotdog" We see it all too often, trigger happy cops.... Or what about the BART shooting? How do you explain that? Case and point if the officer cannot distinguish an immediate threat then there is no justification to open fire. You cant shoot people based on assumptions, If every cop reacted to a threat that way then there would be a hell of alot more police related homicides here in the US. you can see in the video that when the guy came out from the truck that he did not have a gun, though he had a knife the officer still had ample time to retreat for cover rather than use deadly force... And also officers are not trained too "UNLOAD" their weapons... maybe in Columbia or sinaloa mexico but not here in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
quote:

From what I read in that definition and what I saw in that video, it seems to me that the officer shot too early...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

From what I read in that definition and what I saw in that video, it seems to me that the officer shot too early...
Not if you look at the stills of the video, you can see the knife in the guys hand and he hasn't been shot yet. Its definitely sad but knowing the guys history, the way he acted and what he had in his hand, it was a justified shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247514/Graphic-footage-police-officer-fatally-shooting-man-ELEVEN-times-outside-home-released-day-cop-cleared-wrongdoing.html?ito=feeds-new sxml

EDIT: Cops are trained to keep shooting until the suspect stops moving

[ December 13, 2012, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

After seeing that video I think it was justified.

--------------------
The anti-crew

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would the cop flee? Turn run and risk getting stabbed or shot? Bottom line no compliance and didn't the DA find that he had a knife? As for the Bart shooting that officer went to jail right? No ones perfect and if it's not a clean shoot he would have been prosecuted. I know cops that have shot unarmed people and it was ruled a clean shoot, cop was getting his ass kicked and shot the guy.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com