Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » fat loss plans (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fat loss plans
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been going to the gym for about a year and ive gotten some nice muscle gains but its kinda hard to see it under the fat...my question is has anyone loss a large amount of weight here and if there is how did you do it and if there is anyone else that has any good ideas please elaborate thanks an advance...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lost 30 pounds in a month and a half by doing 3 miles a day. And gym for a hour.

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fool proof plan = Eat less, move more.
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Water Run Water! No fast food!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cardio ... Plain and simple and lots of it. Eating habits also. Have to watch the calorie intake. And stay away from fatty foods. Jogging or walking or the treadmill. And when you feel hungry but have already had a meal, drink a lot of water, this will cure the appetite. The difference between hunger and an appetite is hunger is the need to eat and an appetite is the desire to eat.
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cut the fast food (all of it) Cut the soda (all of it). Try to cut back on alchohol, drink wine if you wana get jacked up. Run RUN RUN RUN. Don't eat late. Eat whole foods (nothing processed). Portion you meals, it takes at least 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that you are full. Go for a short walk after your meals (gets your stomach acid going and digesting).....Oh yea, RUN. Stretch in the morning and stretch at night.

I went from 250lbs of damn near obese fat to 200 lbs of regular fat, but still healthy.

Try not to suppliment too much, there are too many untested side effects. Im betting that NOTHING sold at places like GNC has been tested for over 5 years.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you guys for your input...its like i know what i have to do but its soooo hard to do it ive been eating whatever i want for 27 years and now all of a sudden im trying to build structure and its hard...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
Thank you guys for your input...its like i know what i have to do but its soooo hard to do it ive been eating whatever i want for 27 years and now all of a sudden im trying to build structure and its hard...

i was just born sexy... [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The healthiest way to lose weight is gradual so you don't lose muscle in the process. Its down to calories in < calories out. Meaning you need to calculate how many calories your body burns and eat less than that. There is a great online calculator I use for this. hope it helps
http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

[ March 02, 2012, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: crazyhorse ]

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's 80% dieting and 20% working out. Mainly run and do swim workouts with lots a sauna time. Most important is the dieting. Right now I'm Trying to gain so I'm on a even 2 hour meal diet.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Layzie650:
That's 80% dieting and 20% working out. Mainly run and do swim workouts with lots a sauna time. Most important is the dieting. Right now I'm Trying to gain so I'm on a even 2 hour meal diet.

Learn to like fish and chicken breast. Two high protein and low calorie foods. Learn to feed your body what's best for it instead of what taste the best.
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
run, run, and run...if you want to lose fat, you gotta run. you can lift also but thats only going to give you more muscle and not necessarily lose weight.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
run, run, and run...if you want to lose fat, you gotta run. you can lift also but thats only going to give you more muscle and not necessarily lose weight.

Im not worried about losing weight well yea i kinda am but my main objective is to lose fat i want to get to about 10-12% body fat at 260...

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My little brother lost a lot of weight by cutting out soda N chips completely N by running everyday. He still eats like a fatass lol
Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It REALLY IS as easy as eating better choices and walking/jogging etc. Do those things differently consistently and you'll lose fat.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Grab hold of your nuts and do it. Ask Jared from subway who lost weight doing nothing but cardio and eating right did for all that loose skin. You need to incorporate aerobic workout and anaerobic workouts to keep your body toned. Remember go heavy when at a calorie defecit to best maintain the muscle mass you've built.

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I drop 20lbs on and off during the year at least 3-4 times. And how I do it is by upping my cardio (of course) and changing my eating habits to the 1g of protein for every pound I weigh. I find that usually makes me have to eat more often and more cals, but they are good cals. And conducive to energy consumption. I also use this free eating plan website www.sparkpeople.com. It is free and the meal plans are solid. They even give you a weekly shopping list. I learned a lot from this site. Also if you get into a solid cardio routine, have a personal trainer give you your target heart rate. And ask them to use the "Karvonen" method. There is a sweet spot for maximum fat burning, most people do not know that.

Good luck, if you ever see me at the gym feel free to hit me up. I am currently in my slim down lean up phase.

[ March 02, 2012, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:

Not necessarily. He is trying to bulk too. So he needs to eat more to sustain that. But eat smarter, better, and in smaller yet more frequent increments. Fat loss and bulking together is a tough one. But it can be done.
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lost about 36lbs in 3 months on a NO carb diet. It's super tough but works crazy fast. Then... I got pretty sick, lost another 10. Once I got better, I ate shitty, stopped hitting the gym and gain about 15 back over a year. [Frown] need to get my fat ass back on it though. No more motivation though.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:

Im not worried about losing weight well yea i kinda am but my main objective is to lose fat i want to get to about 10-12% body fat at 260...
10-12% body fat and 260 [Eek!]
Damn that is some Arnold stats right there. Very doable. But damn, that is A LOT of muscle.

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Not necessarily. He is trying to bulk too. So he needs to eat more to sustain that. But eat smarter, better, and in smaller yet more frequent increments. Fat loss and bulking together is a tough one. But it can be done.
What he is trying to do is impossible there's no way around it. You can't be in a calories surplus to bulk an a defecit to slim down it's simple physics. If your trying to gain mass and look leaner you need to lower your carbs and try to remove some of the water weight and eat clean healthy proteins and fats.

--------------------
03 Terminator

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Damn that is some Arnold stats right there. Very doable. But damn, that is A LOT of muscle.

Arnold was 240 pounds 5% body fat which is a lot
Leaner than 10-12% that's night and day difference.

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

What he is trying to do is impossible there's no way around it. You can't be in a calories surplus to bulk an a defecit to slim down it's simple physics. If your trying to gain mass and look leaner you need to lower your carbs and try to remove some of the water weight and eat clean healthy proteins and fats.
Not impossible at all (but I will agree very difficult). I do it. Granted I may not have as much fat as he does. But I walk around at about 210-215 daily. But if I have a match I get down to 190-195. And during that phase I intensify my resistance training and up my cardio. Works like a charm. And I bulk up to the point where I look like I should weigh more. But I actually drop.

[ March 02, 2012, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Arnold was 240 pounds 5% body fat which is a lot
Leaner than 10-12% that's night and day difference.

I know it is not exactly Arnold. But that is very ambitious. I would tell him shoot for 14-18% if I were his trainer. But I say shoot for the moon. Go after that goal.
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you cant bulk up and lose fat at the same time one or the other lose the fat and muscle first then bulk up muscle then cut the muscle to lean out that the way its always been

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com