Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » fat loss plans (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fat loss plans
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Run and hike. I went from 240 with 18 inch biceps to 200 with 16.5 inch biceps. I don't lift anymore. I just run and hike. Muscle make ems slow on the fire line.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
you cant bulk up and lose fat at the same time one or the other lose the fat and muscle first then bulk up muscle then cut the muscle to lean out that the way its always been

Seriously gents this is not entirely true. I can think of 2 scenarios where this would happen quite frequently. It happens with people that are just beginning bodybuilding or rigorous training. And folks coming off a long layoff from the rigorous training. Now is it something sustainable? Maybe not. But accelerated muscle gains and fat loss is not unheard of. Like I said I routinely do it. Its all about shocking the system. But I do agree it is hard to sustain and it is more advisable to do one or the other first.
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What exactly would you advise me to do n8?

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
you cant bulk up and lose fat at the same time one or the other lose the fat and muscle first then bulk up muscle then cut the muscle to lean out that the way its always been

Seriously gents this is not entirely true. I can think of 2 scenarios where this would happen quite frequently. It happens with people that are just beginning bodybuilding or rigorous training. And folks coming off a long layoff from the rigorous training. Now is it something sustainable? Maybe not. But accelerated muscle gains and fat loss is not unheard
of. Like I said I routinely do it. Its all about shocking the system. But I do agree it is hard to sustain and it is more advisable to do one or the other first.

You have a point a beginner can do this because the body is not used to being pushed but please explain scientifically how you can build muscle when your ate a calorie defecit which won't allow your body to gain mass. You might look bigger because you have less body fat and your muscle separation begins to show but there's no way you can get bigger on a cut

--------------------
03 Terminator

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

What works for one person doesn't mean it would work for another you just need to figure out what works for you there's a lot of trial and error but you'll figure it out. But to lose weight I'd go 500 calories under maintenance meaning if you burn 2500 calories daily you would eat 2000 calories. Just make sure your macronutrients are in order.

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

First off, get your eating habits in check. Check out that website I posted, it gives very solid meal plans for your goals. Next I would love to take a look at your current workout regimen. Sometimes tweaking your workout is needed. For cardio get your target heart rate calculated. But all in all everyone gave really solid advice. I just wanted to point out that your goal(s) are not impossible.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Seriously gents this is not entirely true. I can think of 2 scenarios where this would happen quite frequently. It happens with people that are just beginning bodybuilding or rigorous training. And folks coming off a long layoff from the rigorous training. Now is it something sustainable? Maybe not. But accelerated muscle gains and fat loss is not unheard
of. Like I said I routinely do it. Its all about shocking the system. But I do agree it is hard to sustain and it is more advisable to do one or the other first.

You have a point a beginner can do this because the body is not used to being pushed but please explain scientifically how you can build muscle when your ate a calorie defecit which won't allow your body to gain mass. You might look bigger because you have less body fat and your muscle separation begins to show but there's no way you can get bigger on a cut
Eat better cals, eat frequent cals, shock your system and supplement. I need not drop too far into cal deficit to lose weight. The last time I went through my cut and drop. I successfully dropped 17lbs yet gained a shirt size. Granted this time around I targeted my deltoids due to a shoulder injury, so they got huge. But I bulked and lost weight. I am telling you it is possible, and yes it is getting harder and harder for me to do. But I think that is mainly due to my age. But I agree with you blackfifty, it is not something I would advise and not everyone can do it or should. But it is possible.

[ March 02, 2012, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol so a guy is cutting weight by goo clean 1500-2000cal diet but gain weight too how? explain if he is workin out 2hrs a day output of 3000cals on a cut please explain?

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forreal drop17lbs an gained a shirt size come on you should be on the biggest loser you would be a millionare by now wolf tickets

--------------------
2004 tahoe

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
lol so a guy is cutting weight by goo clean 1500-2000cal diet but gain weight too how? explain if he is workin out 2hrs a day output of 3000cals on a cut please explain?

Nothing more really to explain other than that not only do I do it. But I have painted scenarios where it is entirely feasible. But I have also said it is a hard road to travel.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
forreal drop17lbs an gained a shirt size come on you should be on the biggest loser you would be a millionare by now wolf tickets

No wolf tickets here. I have met quite a few peeps here and they will more than likely tell you physically I walk the walk of everything I speak of. And I have no reason to lead Justin wrong. Shit we go to the same gym....
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

No wolf tickets here. I have met quite a few peeps here and they will more than likely tell you physically I walk the walk of everything I speak of. And I have no reason to lead Justin wrong. Shit we go to the same gym....
That makes no sense you either lost seventeen pounds of water from all the supplements you take or your just a freak of nature that goes against physics because it's just outrageous you can lose that much weight and get bigger

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

That makes no sense you either lost seventeen pounds of water from all the supplements you take or your just a freak of nature that goes against physics because it's just outrageous you can lose that much weight and get bigger
I kid you not. My shoulder width indeed got wider. Anyway, all I was saying to Justin is it is indeed possible to lose fat and bulk up. Especially if he is just beginning on his journey. As for me, I have no need to lie about this. I live it and have done it.
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not true at all that you can't lose weight and bulk up at the same time. Ive cut 30lbs and gained huge strength over that time period. You have to know what lifts are good, stay in form, etc. Try getting your diet worked out around your body type, endomorph, ectomorph, etc. Try lifting hard, not your max weight or anything, and take almost no breaks. It will keep your heart rate up and make the most of your time. It takes time and commitment, every beer or piece of crap food is only adding more time. 99% of it is in your head. You really probably aren't working nearly as hard as others do. No offense but it's not like your actually finding the limit.

I mean when you leave the gym, how straight can you even walk? You don't think there is anyone out there going 1 more rep or 1 more minute, yea right.

[ March 02, 2012, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: gray03gt ]

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
Not true at all that you can't lose weight and bulk up at the same time. Ive cut 30lbs and gained huge strength over that time period. You have to know what lifts are good, stay in form, etc. Try getting your diet worked out around your body type, endomorph, ectomorph, etc. Try lifting hard, not your max weight or anything, and take almost no breaks. It will keep your heart rate up and make the most of your time. It takes time and commitment, every beer or piece of crap food is only adding more time. 99% of it is in your head. You really probably aren't working nearly as hard as others do. No offense but it's not like your actually finding the limit.

I mean when you leave the gym, how straight can you even walk? You don't think there is anyone out there going 1 more rep or 1 more minute, yea right.

Your 100% right i wasnt going all in like i should but from this day on im gonna try my best...thanks for all the input guys...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

lol ok you can type till your finger are blue your body is either catabolic with less than enough cals to supply the enegy for daily activities or anabolic with more than the amount needed lol cant beat science bud i do t believe i nor ever will you cant build anabolic muscle while being in a catabolic state lol even if you were on steroids you would not be able to do it! lol

--------------------
2004 tahoe

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
lol ok you can type till your finger are blue your body is either catabolic with less than enough cals to supply the enegy for daily activities or anabolic with more than the amount needed lol cant beat science bud i do t believe i nor ever will you cant build anabolic muscle while being in a catabolic state lol even if you were on steroids you would not be able to do it! lol

cool story bro.
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8 knows his stuff. Dude is huge. Lol.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Growth hormone actually mobilizes fat (adipose tissue) into free fatty acids and then ketones (ketogenesis) which essentially allows the body to use fat as an energy source. At the same time, GH also increases protein synthesis, RNA/DNA synthesis. So you can burn fat while building muscle. Steroids, in essence, basically act to the same effect in the body. Anabolism vs catabolism in muscle is not necessarily just calorically-based, but it is definitely easier to eat a ton of food, workout like crazy, then cut off the excess weight. Not too sure about a no/low-carb diet, as you'll need to have some carbs (stored as glycogen in muscle) to be able to sustain exertion.

Good luck OP. Like n8 was suggesting, keep your diet clean, cut back on late-night eating (hard to do sometimes), and keep at the cardio 3-4x/week. If you want to lose weight, another thing to remember is that ~3500cal = 1lb of body weight lost, so, if you are calorically-deficient by 500cal/day, you will lose 1lb by the end of the week. May not be what you're looking to do, but it's a neat trick to remember.

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Diet, diet, diet and exercise! Exercise is good, but you don't see big results without a diet plan. I lost 20lbs in one month by only drinking water, no fast food, less fatty/processed foods and by eating fiber enriched foods.. on top of that, I was doing P90X.. best freakin workout ever! HUGE muscle and strength gains in such a little amount of time. No gym needed. Hope you reach your goal Justin [patriot]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
paleo diet. lost 20 lbs in a month tons of energy

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
paleo diet. lost 20 lbs in a month tons of energy

Please elaborate my good man...

--------------------

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

wrong, i have lost 35 pounds so far in 8 months. and while i have been losing wieght and fat i have been converting it into lean muscle. i have lost inches in certain areas and have gained inches in the areas i wanted to. im thinner than i was when i started but im muscular in other areas.
when i started i wanted to get thinner and lose 50-60 pounds but i wanted to bulk up at the same time. i realized i had to focus on one or the other. i chose to convert my extra fat into muscle. i do little cardio to get the heart rate up and then i lift. i started out at 32% body fat and now i roughly 20-22% body fat.i dont eat junk but i also eat the most healthiest stuff either. i take in tons of protien daily and drink tons of water. i also try to eat something small every couple of hours to keep my metabolism going. if you dont eat your body starts to think its startving and stores your fat.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lost 30lbs in the first 3 months of 2011 by following some basic rules:

- eating 5-6 times per day (lower fat, lower carb foods), all meals were about 200-400 calories.

- Mix of cardio and weights (never more than 45 min a day)

- 10+ cups of water a day

You know when you are cheating yourself.

Best of luck.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:

exactly [patriot]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com