Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I need life advice.... (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I need life advice....
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
 -

How'd you get that pik of my kuzzin!?
You're cousins fb link is on your page! [Razz]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
 -

Hahaha!
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."
you have to buy the car that catches the women.....otherwise if guys could get away withit; ...they would just drive around in a cardboard box; be like......gotcha bch! !!!!! (Dave Chapelle)

[patriot]

[burnout]

[ February 28, 2012, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

[patriot]

+1

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:
College is hit or miss. It depends on what u go to college for. Ud be surprised how many psychology, sociology, literature, etc graduates there are that are still bussing tables at applebees for minimum wages. On the other hand my best friend is graduating in may from SJSU with a degree in mechanical engineering, has internships with 3 different hvac engineering companies under his belt, and will start out making about 95k a year starting. He chose a career that is in demand and will make far more than I ever will. I am a full time auto mechanic and a part time night student at chabot college. My mentor/boss has been in business for 25 years and teaches me a lot about owning a small business which is what I want to do. I will most likely make more money doing this than graduates with degrees not in demand will.

I agree about being out on ur own. Being able to survive on ur own means being able to make the right decisions.

Good luck. You know hoe many businesses fail? I wouldn't spout off about making any money until you even have the business.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:
College is hit or miss. It depends on what u go to college for. Ud be surprised how many psychology, sociology, literature, etc graduates there are that are still bussing tables at applebees for minimum wages. On the other hand my best friend is graduating in may from SJSU with a degree in mechanical engineering, has internships with 3 different hvac engineering companies under his belt, and will start out making about 95k a year starting. He chose a career that is in demand and will make far more than I ever will. I am a full time auto mechanic and a part time night student at chabot college. My mentor/boss has been in business for 25 years and teaches me a lot about owning a small business which is what I want to do. I will most likely make more money doing this than graduates with degrees not in demand will.

I agree about being out on ur own. Being able to survive on ur own means being able to make the right decisions.

Good luck. You know hoe many businesses fail? I wouldn't spout off about making any money until you even have the business.
Thanks bro. My dad had 2 small businesses so I have picked up quite a bit, and I know how many businesses fail. But that's not gunna stop me or scare me. I was bred to be a business owner. I'm GOING to succeed and am gunna make a good honest living. Im a capitalist. I'm a greedy competitor who will out do the shop next door by offering a better service at a competitive price. That's how capitalism works and that's why it is so successful. If business owners weren't so greedy and didn't want everyone's money, then they wouldn't have any reason to offer quality services and products. I won't bad mouth shops by any means, I will just do what it takes to take their customers and let my work speak for itself. Economics 101 bro. Fuck.the.mother.fucking.world.

[ February 28, 2012, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: bentley mobs a stang ]

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get in a union trade if u aint gonna do school...
steamfitters local 38 san fran. here..got lots of extra money for my toys,house,family,ect.

[ February 28, 2012, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: nasty93 ]

Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Moral of the story is go to school, maybe I will but only as a trade school. There everyone happy now can we stop trying to tell me how to live my life?

honestly we all could really give a fuk all the attention is because you actually asked the question! which means deep down you know what to do....if you listen then u will be wise beyond what you can actually comprehend, one day you will be so thankful! but if you dont listen one day you will understand and kick yourself in the azz

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nasty93:
steamfitters local 38 san fran. here..got lots of extra money for my toys,house,family,ect.

That's a good union. Can't outsource that. Unions in general have a bad name unfortunately. My dad told me about a buddy of his who worked at the GM factory in fremont. He would gloat about how little he had to work. He would slam 7 or 8 beers during lunch then go back to the factory. Then he would gloat about how many cars were failing and there was nothing anyone could do about it and how he had it made. The problem is that GM was raising prices while putting out shittier quality. My dads friend was completely shocked when they closed and moved the factory. If u make shit, and get paid like a king, something has got to give

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U claim tohave all this money bro. And u cant help put food on the table or help with bills nd stuff like that?? Wow u pick up siblings from skool and buy them fast food. Wow big fukin Hero!!! If u hav so much money. Hlp out bro!! Its sad that u admit these things and not help out!!
All this money u have help pay rent/bills even tho its not asked for by ur parents ull feel alot better each day knowing ur helpin out rather then claimin u dont pay rent or bills. Have something to feel acomplished for!!! Even tho ur not payin it all atleast ur helpin its some what of a start....
Looks lik ur gana be one of those 40yr old living with mommy nd daddy still

And whats wrong with a 15-20$ hour job
I pay rent 2 car notes Cell phone bill nd all utilitie bills nd also have a 2 yr old thats soon to have a lil bro/sis dont know yet. Nd im only 22 gettin 18$ hour. Nd yet still have money to spend on my cars!!

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

^
Listen to this guy. This only works if you are a hard worker and not a little office bitch...lol

Im a welder out of local 447 in sac. Its treated me well and afforded a pretty decent life. I started the day I turned 18.

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 306:
U claim tohave all this money bro. And u cant help put food on the table or help with bills nd stuff like that?? Wow u pick up siblings from skool and buy them fast food. Wow big fukin Hero!!! If u hav so much money. Hlp out bro!! Its sad that u admit these things and not help out!!
All this money u have help pay rent/bills even tho its not asked for by ur parents ull feel alot better each day knowing ur helpin out rather then claimin u dont pay rent or bills. Have something to feel acomplished for!!! Even tho ur not payin it all atleast ur helpin its some what of a start....
Looks lik ur gana be one of those 40yr old living with mommy nd daddy still

And whats wrong with a 15-20$ hour job
I pay rent 2 car notes Cell phone bill nd all utilitie bills nd also have a 2 yr old thats soon to have a lil bro/sis dont know yet. Nd im only 22 gettin 18$ hour. Nd yet still have money to spend on my cars!!

NEIGHTS RICH BRO! enough said $9 an hr FTW
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

My dad was in local 38... Plumber for the city & county of SF... Gotta love konoctii Harbor

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sorry don't mean to sound ignorant but fuck education, I don't see why I would go to school when I always do bad in it because I choose EVERYTHING over homework. Also I have no real dreams N goals in life so yeah....

If there is merit to this you need to re-evaluate yourself...there's a little more to life than owning a badass ride. I'd say if you really have all this money...go buy a house so you can have a place to put your rides...and stop crowding mom and dads place...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Hey man get your hopes up. I've been wanting a cobra or z06 forever but necessities come first. I went from having an apartment to moving into a room in a house so I could stack for a house. After a year I bought my first home, all on 20$ an hour salary. Granted I had no debt at all. If you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it work.

Thats what I'm talking about...good shit bro!

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9 DOLLARS AN HR FTWWWWWWWWW,IM RICH BITCH,GOT MORE MONEY THAN ALL YOU GUYS
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92LxHatch:
9 DOLLARS AN HR FTWWWWWWWWW,IM RICH BITCH,GOT MORE MONEY THAN ALL YOU GUYS

You know 2TONE I don't get why you talk so much shit that's why your ass gonna get smacked up. N I don't make 9 a hour try doubling that shit simp ass motherfucker. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not talking shit, but you talk about all the money your making and its taking you months to build a gt40 setup on your fox, its going to cost you atleast a 1000 a month to own a 03 cobra, so if your not comfortablely saving or putting a 1000 dollars into your car than you can't afford a new car. It's harder getting out your mama's house with a repo on your credit.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
Not talking shit, but you talk about all the money your making and its taking you months to build a gt40 setup on your fox, its going to cost you atleast a 1000 a month to own a 03 cobra, so if your not comfortablely saving or putting a 1000 dollars into your car than you can't afford a new car. It's harder getting out your mama's house with a repo on your credit.

I bought those heads DAYS ago. So just kuz I didn't buy alluminum heads the first time around I'm broke. Like I've said before I aint rich but I shure as hell aint hungry N I don't care what you guys think about MY lifestyle I know theres a lot of shit wrong with how I live it but who cares.
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No one's talking shit, were just trying to give you advice some of us got or needed when we were your age, I think you should just fix up your mustang to the fullest, buy a little beater and save the rest of your money to either help your parents more, save for a house or even just a rainy day. Your only young once and it goes by fast, so do what you got to do now so you won't regret it later. [patriot]

[ February 29, 2012, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: 86- 50 ]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
No one's talking shit, were just trying to give you advice some of us got or needed when we were your age, I think you should just fix up your mustang to the fullest, buy a little beater and save the rest of your money to either help your parents more, save for a house or even just a rainy day. Your only young once and it goes by fast, so do what you got to do now so you won't regret it later. [patriot]

That's what I'm trying to do but I don't wanna go all out on this block well because it's only good up to what, 500? Yeah I want something around that power maybe more without worrying about the block splitting on me. N saving for a house idk how much I would need to save up, plus before this thread I was seriously thinking about going to a auto school or take a course or something so I can do something I like to do instead of some bullshit ass job that you go to school for like 4+ years to do something you hate doing for a very long time.
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

i dont know who or what that relpy was [Confused] ,i simply made a dave chappelle remark, since i was watching the cocain is 1 helluva drug skit
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think this thread needs to be locked now. some of us are a little older, late 20s to mid 30s, so we've been there and done that. you're still young, feeling like you have all the time in the world and doing what you think is best. we all "knew it all" too. fact of the matter is that the truth hurts, you're young and you really don't know shit(no offense).

i won't preach what's already been said, but none of the things said will hit you in the face until you're a little older then you will see whats up.

let it be known that caford has warned you, lol. we tried to steer you straight, but you being "neight", stubborn as a bull, we can pretty much figure out where you'll be in 10yrs with an 80% accuracy.

btw, get what car floats you boat or tickles your fancy, our opinions mean shit as noted already.

the life jacket has been thrown to you and you refuse to use it. i say fuck it and swim on your own.
close thread, case closed!!!!!!!!!!!!

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sorry don't mean to sound ignorant but fuck education, I don't see why I would go to school when I always do bad in it because I choose EVERYTHING over homework. Also I have no real dreams N goals in life so yeah....

[Confused] [Roll Eyes]

Dude, plain and simple, ask yourself this. Do you really want to settle for less?

Plus if you do get either one of those cars you'll likely get a 5 year loan or more meaning if your 20 now then you might not be able to afford and live on your own until your about 25-27!!!! And i have a feeling that being 20 and living for free, you will not be able to afford a place if you were to have to move out of your parents houae.

Being 25-27 and still living with your parents is not a good thing.

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let it be known that caford has warned you, lol. we tried to steer you straight, but you being "neight", stubborn as a bull, we can pretty much figure out where you'll be in 10yrs with an 80% accuracy.

This is VERY true. Expect the unepxpected dude. I dont think you'll be able to afford either car payment plus insurance/gas if something unexpected came up like having to move out on your own or what if you have a kid start a family or what not.

But then again i don't know what your financial situation is. But i have a feeling, that at 20 years old, its not pretty....

[ March 01, 2012, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: RODRIGUEZ ]

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com