Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I need life advice.... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I need life advice....
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go medical field bust your ass and do homework.....its either bust your brain and or back ! figure it out being a mechanic is cool but all my friends who are mechanics know me hanics that have died early do some research go volunteer somewhere in a job you are intrested in....thats the best way to see i you even really intrested in that job

[ February 28, 2012, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"A family of four in the Bay Area with two working adults must earn $77,069, equaling an hourly wage of $18.53, just to pay for basic necessities, a study released today calculates. If only one adult works, that figure falls to $53,075, largely because the family doesn't have to pay for child care, according to the report by the California Budget Project, a liberal Sacramento research group. But that one wage-earner must make $25.52 an hour"

Wow, that shit is sad. You dont realize this when you live at home with mommy and daddy until you're out there on your own. No education puts you on the wrong side of the fence, yes you can trump statistics and do better than people who have stanford degrees. But those occasions are rare, and if you have the chance to choose like you do right now Neight get a fucking degree before you dont have a choice and you have to work to survive.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey man get your hopes up. I've been wanting a cobra or z06 forever but necessities come first. I went from having an apartment to moving into a room in a house so I could stack for a house. After a year I bought my first home, all on 20$ an hour salary. Granted I had no debt at all. If you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it work.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of the info is why im joining the service.. Its not gone be easy.. But i want a better life for my son than i had.. Ya dig?!

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
All of the info is why im joining the service.. Its not gone be easy.. But i want a better life for my son than i had.. Ya dig?!

This isnt a bad choice because you can save money in the service and by the time you get out you have the GI bill that will pay your way through college.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You have to be equally selective what branch and what you do while in there as well. My oldest brother retired at 39 from the air force, now has a cushy job at Lockheed which he is about to retire from as well. Paid his dues but has it easy as hell right now.
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You have to be equally selective what branch and what you do while in there as well. My oldest brother retired at 39 from the air force, now has a cushy job at Lockheed which he is about to retire from as well. Paid his dues but has it easy as hell right now.
Its funny u say that bcuz the Air force is the branch im joining [patriot]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take this lesson from me. GO TO SCHOOL!!! I took this current semester off to catch a breather but I'm pulling 70hrs per week at work. That's Mon-Fri so you do the math of how long each day. I make a decent penny doing what I do. I make more than most college graduates fresh out of school. Still I'm choosing to go back in the Fall and finish up. Then I'll name more than I do now with a lot less stress and qualit of life will increase. Since your at home still just mod your Foxbody and go to school/work. Your just wasting time not getting educated. No offense to mechanics out there but of all the one that I know 99% are broke. It's only money in it if you go in to bussiness for yourself or get a position at a big company or government agency.

Changing mustang brake pads on the side won't get you anything....

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Alright I didn't think I had to make this clear to college educated people, but I OBVIOUSLY said that they wont pay a cent for my damn CARS. [Roll Eyes]

How can us college educated people get through to you ignorant self centered kids??? If you are living home for free then the money you should be supporting yourself with is being diverted to the car expenses. Why? becasue mommy and daddy allow it thats why.

are you so retarded that you think its better when you tell us you pay for your car and parents pay for rent than if you told us your parents pay your car and you pay rent?
same shit...... parents are paying your way which is pathetic if your over 18 and NOT in school.

I know you hate to hear this shit but you did post this thread, I hate it when I have my mind set on something and some asshose interjects a dose of reality. its happened to all of us man.

[ February 28, 2012, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: slocobra ]

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright you guys want the whole break down? No I don't pay for groceries, rent N all the shit that goes with it. But I do pick up my siblings from school(2 different schools) N if my mom didn't make food for them I buy them food(whatever they want) N then I bring them home. Then I take them to their soccer practices, we all know gas aint cheap especially DD a 5.0 but I don't complain about it I just do what I can to help out my parents. But hey it's whatever you guys can say anything you want I honestly don't care on your opinions on how I live my life. N my friends all go to college I'm the only one that isn't, but I do have wayyyy more money than they all do. I know buying a house is the way to go in life but come on lets be real ain't gonna afford that for a lot more years. I wanted to buy a newer car N make all the payments N everything so I can build some real solid credit.

BTW I didn't make this thread for real life advice I just made it kuz Cobra 93-4992 said to on another thread.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Alright you guys want the whole break down? No I don't pay for groceries, rent N all the shit that goes with it. But I do pick up my siblings from school(2 different schools) N if my mom didn't make food for them I buy them food(whatever they want) N then I bring them home. Then I take them to their soccer practices, we all know gas aint cheap especially DD a 5.0 but I don't complain about it I just do what I can to help out my parents. But hey it's whatever you guys can say anything you want I honestly don't care on your opinions on how I live my life. N my friends all go to college I'm the only one that isn't, but I do have wayyyy more money than they all do. I know buying a house is the way to go in life but come on lets be real ain't gonna afford that for a lot more years. I wanted to buy a newer car N make all the payments N everything so I can build some real solid credit.

BTW I didn't make this thread for real life advice I just made it kuz Cobra 93-4992 said to on another thread.

Buying a car to build credit is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. If you want to build credit you can do it cheaper by opening up 3 secured visa cards with 500 bucks a piece and keep them open and in good standing for 1 year. Then there, your credit is established. Building credit through some used car shark, buy here pay here, zales, and the diamond center is really idiotic.

Just cause you have money now doesnt mean these friends who are in school arent going to pass you up.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Best thing your parents can do for you is kick your ass out the house. You need some tough love.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kick me out the house. lol that was hilarious don't know what that would show me but ok.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:

Buying a car to build credit is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. If you want to build credit you can do it cheaper by opening up 3 secured visa cards with 500 bucks a piece and keep them open and in good standing for 1 year. Then there, your credit is established. Building credit through some used car shark, buy here pay here, zales, and the diamond center is really idiotic.

Just cause you have money now doesnt mean these friends who are in school arent going to pass you up.

+10000, once those broke college students graduate they're going to wonder why anyone chose to live their whole life at their parents over a FORD, while they choose foreign cars to daily drive from. [dance]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Kick me out the house. lol that was hilarious don't know what that would show me but ok.

It would give you a dose of reality. You would be surprised what happens when the "sink or swim" mechanism in engaged. You sound miserably unmotivated, just happy to get by. Not a good look for a young man.
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YOU WILL HAVE THE CAR AND MONEY NOW BUT YOUR FRIENDS WILL HAVE MONEY,HOUSE AND CAR IN THE FUTURE. WHEN YOUR SALARY IS 40,000 THEIRS MIGHT BE WELL OVER 100K.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember making this kind of thread at svtp when i was 18 working at taco bell because i wanted an 03 cobra and i got chewed up and spat out and ran over about it and it opened my eyes big time. Some good advice in this thread.

I began going to college and building my credit up and working towards the future and now live on my own.. 100 times better than having a 2003 cobra sitting out in the street living on a tight budget because of it.

[ February 28, 2012, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

It would give you a dose of reality. You would be surprised what happens when the "sink or swim" mechanism in engaged. You sound miserably unmotivated, just happy to get by. Not a good look for a young man.
I would most likely slip into old ways, some may get what I mean some may not. But yall seem frustrated or something trying to get shit into my head. I honestly don't see much wrong on what I do with my life if I don't get killed I still got a lot of time to do what I need to to succeed in life.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I would most likely slip into old ways, some may get what I mean some may not. But yall seem frustrated or something trying to get shit into my head. I honestly don't see much wrong on what I do with my life if I don't get killed I still got a lot of time to do what I need to to succeed in life.
I think you are missing the point everyone has mentioned. And in fact, basically everyone has the same message.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Moral of the story is go to school, maybe I will but only as a trade school. There everyone happy now can we stop trying to tell me how to live my life?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
 -

LMAO!
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
College is hit or miss. It depends on what u go to college for. Ud be surprised how many psychology, sociology, literature, etc graduates there are that are still bussing tables at applebees for minimum wages. On the other hand my best friend is graduating in may from SJSU with a degree in mechanical engineering, has internships with 3 different hvac engineering companies under his belt, and will start out making about 95k a year starting. He chose a career that is in demand and will make far more than I ever will. I am a full time auto mechanic and a part time night student at chabot college. My mentor/boss has been in business for 25 years and teaches me a lot about owning a small business which is what I want to do. I will most likely make more money doing this than graduates with degrees not in demand will.

I agree about being out on ur own. Being able to survive on ur own means being able to make the right decisions.

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
 -

lol, your mama has a nice basement Neight.

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
 -

How'd you get that pik of my kuzzin!?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com