Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 532 Rebuild thread (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 532 Rebuild thread
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
quote:
Just a heads up, ALL the bearings in my motor were gone (cam, Main and Rods) and the block was sleeved wrong so the block is junk too.
Good thing is i found the same block in my area for 200 dollars.
Also i am upgrading from my .588/.614 flat tappet cam to a .641/.647 hydraulic roller cam.
Hoping to make more power to the rear wheels, looking for 600rwhp but we'll see.
Heads and Intake are going to be ported and polished as well.

sound s good!! Now that my 533 is tuned better I'm hoping for 550rwhp through my c6. Are you sure you want to go with hydraulic roller? From what I've read, people have been having a hard time getting them to live on the 385 series.lifters too tall and bad pushrod angles. everyone on 460ford says its better to just go solid roller.
From what i have heard if i had the exact same cams one solid flat tappet in the same motor and one hydraulic roller. The hydraulic roller would make 15 more HP.
it depends on the engine. The 385 series hyd. roller lifters are big and heavy. I wouldn't really expect more power out of it vs. a solid flat tappet, you might see more but not much of a difference. The biggest difference will be No maintenance.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just a heads up, ALL the bearings in my motor were gone (cam, Main and Rods) and the block was sleeved wrong so the block is junk too.
Good thing is i found the same block in my area for 200 dollars.
Also i am upgrading from my .588/.614 flat tappet cam to a .641/.647 hydraulic roller cam.
Hoping to make more power to the rear wheels, looking for 600rwhp but we'll see.
Heads and Intake are going to be ported and polished as well.

sound s good!! Now that my 533 is tuned better I'm hoping for 550rwhp through my c6. Are you sure you want to go with hydraulic roller? From what I've read, people have been having a hard time getting them to live on the 385 series.lifters too tall and bad pushrod angles. everyone on 460ford says its better to just go solid roller.
From what i have heard if i had the exact same cams one solid flat tappet in the same motor and one hydraulic roller. The hydraulic roller would make 15 more HP.
it depends on the engine. The 385 series hyd. roller lifters are big and heavy. I wouldn't really expect more power out of it vs. a solid flat tappet, you might see more but not much of a difference. The biggest difference will be No maintenance.
Yeah i'll like that

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had Paul Kane rebuild my original oil pump. We took it apart and there was no damage, looked brand new inside, no metal at all.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up dana, yeah it just says Im on you ignore list. You need a hand putting the motor in let me know, I think we live semi close and im not working that much ot for now, until the summer.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
whats up dana, yeah it just says Im on you ignore list. You need a hand putting the motor in let me know, I think we live semi close and im not working that much ot for now, until the summer.

What station do you work at? I have a friend that works at the station on oak.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

OK i just put you on my buddy list so try messaging me now? I know cafords is having some issues i keep getting a error saying cafords doesn't exist every other time i click on a link

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
53 off stockton blvd

--------------------

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
53 off stockton blvd

Didn't you work for Folsom?

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

nope

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

-
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think ur new motor is gonna make the old one feel like a slug! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
i think ur new motor is gonna make the old one feel like a slug! [Whoo Whooooo!]

That's what everyone is predicting, i'll be happy if it makes 600 to the rear.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] You have some man heads right there! How big are those ports?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
[Eek!] You have some man heads right there! How big are those ports?

Before they were ported and polished they were 2.25inch tall and 2.5inch wide.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

6D9
¯
Member # 7001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6D9  Ford pictures for 6D9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice! What did the car run at the track when you took it before??

--------------------
Performance Alliance Motorsports
1969 BBC Camaro

Posts: 171 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tennis ball ports [worship]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 6D9:

12.9@111, thats with me driving it like a grandma

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Dana, that still doesnt make sense. A real grandma could/should run double + The MPH's The car ran. I hope you get a real engine/tune package this time, you were shorted previously!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
quote:

Dana, that still doesnt make sense. A real grandma could/should run double + The MPH's The car ran. I hope you get a real engine/tune package this time, you were shorted previously!
From the damage and the re-balancing of the new motor sounds like the old one was never balanced correctly, not sure if that would cause it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

6D9
¯
Member # 7001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6D9  Ford pictures for 6D9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yeah must have been down on power before. New set up should be dialed in. My 69 Camaro and your 67 would probably be a fun race..plus they would both look sick going down the track!

--------------------
1969 BBC Camaro

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah must have been down on power before. New set up should be dialed in. My 69 Camaro and your 67 would probably be a fun race..plus they would both look sick going down the track!
That would be cool, let me get her broke in and tuned and when i feel comfortable with her again maybe we can do that.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

6D9
¯
Member # 7001

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That would be cool, let me get her broke in and tuned and when i feel comfortable with her again maybe we can do that.
Right on sounds fun!

--------------------
1969 BBC Camaro

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

-

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good! When are you going to put it in your FB?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan build it this time? You'll make ur 600+ number ur looking for this time

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com