Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do you make over 60K? What job do you have? (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Do you make over 60K? What job do you have?
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
[Baby] Whassup Fresh? It's our turn, baby

[Chorus: Mannie Fresh]
Gator boots with the pimped out Gucci suits (With the Gucci suits)
Ain't got no job, but I stay suave (Ehh-Ehh Ehh-Ehh, I stay suave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2JfY-nVaqg

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Any police officers on this board?

All you have to have is a clean record, clean piss, clean DMV, 6 months in the academy and bam you get pretty close to 6 figures. Easily over 100k with a little overtime.

And they I don't see that trade going down the pipe any time soon...

[patriot]

Got two family members and two friends, all four been in SFPD for almost a year now and make about 105K salary. Entry was 90K when they started.

Wow, all four started at the same time? Same academy class? Thats awesome.

How old were they when they got recruited?

Two went to the Evergreen academy and two at the San Mateo academy. The instructors at the San Mateo were very nice but were no joke during the training (from what i heard) lol

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel sorry fo you guys living in the bay area. you sacrafice good easy living for the cash. JMO The salaries in the bay are way inflated compared to the rest of the country. Exept maybe another large expensive city. That being said I work for UPS and cover the figure listed in base salary no OT easily.. .Then throw in retirement they pay for, health they pay for it is a really good job.It is hard to get in. Plus I get to live in Redding were it is much cheaper and relaxed to live. I mechanic for them, but driving for UPS requires no schooling what so ever and the tons of OT the get makes for some realy high wages.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
quote:

All you have to have is a clean record, clean piss, clean DMV, 6 months in the academy and bam you get pretty close to 6 figures. Easily over 100k with a little overtime.

If it was only that easy... [Roll Eyes] Don't be fooled, law enforcement and local governments are hurting just as much as the private sector from cut backs on services, not filling vacancies and even laying off (in mass numbers)

Further more, even when a department has an opening, it is super competitive. 1,000 applicants or more for one position. Obviously, with an applicant pool so large departments are able to be very picky and selective on who they hire even for reserve positions...

Oh really?

Even though people are retiring left and right?

And academy classes still in the process of developing people into sworn officers?

I think you might be exadurating with "1,000 applicants or more for one position"...Fire fighters maybe but not cops, there are waay too many of them.

Take OPD for an instance, I know they let go of a lot of PO's recently but they still have almost 900 officers, how many of those retire or even move on to go to other neighboring departments because of the crazy shit they go through in Oakland.

I have a friend who graduated with a BS in criminal justice last May and he still hasn't gotten into an academy. Its a very competitive field right now...

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Religious-based Non-Profit: Tax exempt, eligible for private and Federal grant money, private donations (tax write-off for the donor)

and for those who don't know; NonProfit DOESN'T MEAN we can't make money, it simply means that it is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals

anyone who would be looking to shake their taxes, might be interested in locating someone who runs a non-profit and would cut them a deal such as, you donate the amount you owe the IRS, negating your taxes, and that person could then give you, say... 75% of your money back... under the table of course...

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
Religious-based Non-Profit: Tax exempt, eligible for private and Federal grant money, private donations (tax write-off for the donor)

and for those who don't know; NonProfit DOESN'T MEAN we can't make money, it simply means that it is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals

anyone who would be looking to shake their taxes, might be interested in locating someone who runs a non-profit and would cut them a deal such as, you donate the amount you owe the IRS, negating your taxes, and that person could then give you, say... 75% of your money back... under the table of course...

at 33% taxes hook me up with that person!
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
quote:

If it was only that easy... [Roll Eyes] Don't be fooled, law enforcement and local governments are hurting just as much as the private sector from cut backs on services, not filling vacancies and even laying off (in mass numbers)

Further more, even when a department has an opening, it is super competitive. 1,000 applicants or more for one position. Obviously, with an applicant pool so large departments are able to be very picky and selective on who they hire even for reserve positions...

Oh really?

And academy classes still in the process of developing people into sworn officers?

I think you might be exadurating with "1,000 applicants or more for one position"...Fire fighters maybe but not cops, there are waay too many of them.

Take OPD for an instance, I know they let go of a lot of PO's recently but they still have almost 900 officers, how many of those retire or even move on to go to other neighboring departments because of the crazy shit they go through in Oakland.

I have a friend who graduated with a BS in criminal justice last May and he still hasn't gotten into an academy. Its a very competitive field right now...
You are correct.

During these current economic situations most departments are looking for highly qualified candidates and a degree is what they want too. A technical degree is even better [patriot]

You must have a very clean background (criminal, dmv, parking tickets, any history with PD, sometimes they even check high school grades/suspensions and even check your friends background to get an idea of what type of friends you are associated with).

Some departments have a freeze right now and some are not even accepting candidates, they are ALOT of HIGHLY qualified candidates and they the BEST.

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody in architecture?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a Union Journeyman Stationary Engineer. If it wasn't for my union I'd probably be laid off. [patriot] Unions.

If you're young do a local apprenticeship with a pipefitting, electrical, or welding. They pay you like $15+/hour while you go to school after your day shift. After 5 years you'll get hired on as a journeyman and you'll make bank. With OT you'll easily break $100k.

Iron workers unions are getting hurt though. No money = no buildings to work on. Some of my buddies only work 3 days a week no OT. This economy is still in the shitter.

FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a Journeyman industrial mechanic..
Union Great pay and Bennies..

Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bay Area Rapid Transit [patriot] . 4-10 shifts, steady overtime, kickback job with (IMO) awesome benefits and secret perks that come with my position [Wink] .

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
USAF for almost 11 years now. I make a bit over 60k and we just got another 3.5% raise. Only 9 more years to retirement, and I'm 28 [patriot]
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 444_C.I.D.:
USAF for almost 11 years now. I make a bit over 60k and we just got another 3.5% raise. Only 9 more years to retirement, and I'm 28 [patriot]

Thanks for your service. [patriot] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only make 85k a year working for oroweat... i though that was good $$$ for awhile.. but the more you make the more you spend... [Big Grin]
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
garbage man.... gonna try to hit 90k this year
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by migs66/92:
I only make 85k a year working for oroweat... i though that was good $$$ for awhile.. but the more you make the more you spend... [Big Grin]

Aint this the truth lol....

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
quote:
Originally posted by 444_C.I.D.:

Thanks for your service. [patriot] [worship] [worship]
+1 thank you all military, fire and law enforcment.... You deserve every penny [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
Well i make over 100+++ with no school i am nothing but a Refinery Construction worker TRASH

funny thing is you probably make more than 9/10 people in this thread with degrees
And I think his wife is fuckin paid well too!

You lucky fuck Charles!!

Yeah she did before part time LOL she was at 80k now she is at 45k or so

Yeah the wife mdae about 85k then she went alittle more than part time now sh is like 45k or 50k

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was only that easy... Don't be fooled, law enforcement and local governments are hurting just as much as the private sector from cut backs on services, not filling vacancies and even laying off (in mass numbers)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh really?

If your lucky enough to be sponsored through an agency, your golden. If not, the academy is a seperate entity from law enforcement. It is a place that is licensed through the state to train. It is a money making venture. You need a high school diploma and a valid drivers license to get accepted into the academy.

After that, you pay up front (2-3 thousand bucks I think now) and if you fail out, they just made some easy money. If you pass, you still have to be hired. It's not too hard to pass the academy, the hard part is getting hired. The above poster was correct when they stated that you need clean piss, clean records and such. But you also need to show determination and work ethic in your past.

If your picking yourself up off of mommy's couch, have decided to not smoke out for six months, shelved your career at the Piggly Wiggly that you've had for four months and have decided to become a cop, signing up for the academy with the hopes of pulling down big coin may be a little far off. However, if you've proven yourself to past employers in whatever job you've had, haven't been drunk and stupid for a good long strech, and have the potential to work in a fast paced, para-military environment where your decisions can affect a persons life forever, you may be going in the right direction.

The retirement can't be beat. Shift work can suck, but they pay you well enough.

[ January 08, 2010, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: 5OHS5OH ]

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
quote:

If it was only that easy... Don't be fooled, law enforcement and local governments are hurting just as much as the private sector from cut backs on services, not filling vacancies and even laying off (in mass numbers)

Oh really?

If your lucky enough to be sponsored through an agency, your golden. If not, the academy is a seperate entity from law enforcement. It is a place that is licensed through the state to train. It is a money making venture. You need a high school diploma and a valid drivers license to get accepted into the academy.

After that, you pay up front (2-3 thousand bucks I think now) and if you fail out, they just made some easy money. If you pass, you still have to be hired. It's not too hard to pass the academy, the hard part is getting hired. The above poster was correct when they stated that you need clean piss, clean records and such. But you also need to show determination and work ethic in your past.

If your picking yourself up off of mommy's couch, have decided to not smoke out for six months, shelved your career at the Piggly Wiggly that you've had for four months and have decided to become a cop, signing up for the academy with the hopes of pulling down big coin may be a little far off. However, if you've proven yourself to past employers in whatever job you've had, haven't been drunk and stupid for a good long strech, and have the potential to work in a fast paced, para-military environment where your decisions can affect a persons life forever, you may be going in the right direction.

The retirement can't be beat. Shift work can suck, but they pay you well enough.

the job can have the best benefits/retirement/pay in the world, in the end its not worth it if you have a family.
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the job can have the best benefits/retirement/pay in the world, in the end its not worth it if you have a family.
Your right. You need an understanding bettre half. Someone that understands you may work nights, weekends, holiday, birthdays, whatever it takes for several years.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Oh, and you will get hurt, and you could get killed.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Police officers have a high divorce/stress rate. When they work holidays, birthdays, etc. they dont have time for family bc they are stuck at work, in court, etc...the shifts, stress, fatigue, can get u hurt and even killed. Four Oakland cops..remember? Four Lakewood Cops in Washington remember? Going to work, like any other day and some asswipe parolee walks in to a coffee shop when ur beginning ur shift with ur co-workers, and offs ur partners and offs u before u even realize what just happend. Its something serious to think about. You have to be a dedicated and strong person for that job. You may even jump into a line of work and realize its not for you.

Dont get stoked on the high divorce rate...it can work out, ur counterpart has to be understanding and you may have to work a little harder to work things out. Also the stress will give u short fuse so any domestic stuff with the other half can put u in jail and there goes ur nice high paying job. Remember, that job has a lot of responsibility and yoh have to watch every thing u do bc someone else is watching u waiting for u to screw up, and they will take ur job away faster than u can finish ur coffee...things to think about.

A lot of you have a wide variety of different jobs that pay very well. If you look at most of us, we all work hard to get to where we area.
Hard working people will have it better in the end. You'll be known as the "go-to" guy/girl. When the bosses boss tells him/her to do something, they will go to their employee they trust and knows that works hard...just throwin that out there.

Go to a few job fairs, job shadows, ride alongs, or whatever to see different jobs. Dont do something bc it pays well b/c someone told u, make sure u'll be happy doin it. As shitty as the economy is, whatever job u get, save and invest in the things you need (house, 03 cobra...haha jk).
Look at me, I had a 05GT, 03 Cobra, 4 street bikes, 65 coupe, and my 97 Gt, now i only have my 97 gt, with no motor right now, a DD which is the 02 expedition, and my R1. I couldnt afford to keep everything, so i downsized the fleet so i can save money, bc i dont need all those things...but im keeping my 97...i love that car...
Good luck, hopefully i didnt rant to long...this thread is 4 pages long already i probably just repeated most of it...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ReAly

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Turbizzy
¯
Member # 5620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turbizzy  Ford pictures for Turbizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I make around 60k, im a Nissan Master Technician for about 5 years. Im 25 and went to UTI in Phoenix right outta high school.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com