Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do you make over 60K? What job do you have? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Do you make over 60K? What job do you have?
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my last utility bill was the highest it has ever been at 279. I dont pay a water bill in disco bay and garbage is 90 bux every 3 months.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Also I read something shocking about the bay area about a year ago. An article stated that 65k is considered poverty level in most areas in the bay. That is absurd!

what you read is bs.....proof below
nice house oakley/brentwood=200k=1450 a month
utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700
3000 a month 36k per year with abouth 20gs left over after taxes for what ever, i dont know anyone on poverty with a 5bed house and new whips lol its all how you budget/and how much debt you have

No car insurance, mobile phone, cable tv or sat.,?

$700 on food AND gas? If you eat roman and drive a moped.

Property tax?

$300 on utilites? Like water, gas, electric, garbage? I don't know about $300!

If you are single on 36k then maybe

i dont know where you live but that 1450 includes property tax at 200k,,,,, i feed 4 people on 600 a month and we eat out/good food...our utils are actually a tad cheaper net comcast ect...

cell phones 80 more a month [patriot]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and car is 393 with payment/insurance which will be scratched off this year paid off almost
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Also I read something shocking about the bay area about a year ago. An article stated that 65k is considered poverty level in most areas in the bay. That is absurd!

utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700
3000 a month 36k per year with abouth 20gs left over after taxes for what ever, i dont know anyone on poverty with a 5bed house and new whips lol its all how you budget/and how much debt you have

Property tax?

this
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700

Property tax?

i dont know where you live but that 1450 includes property tax at 200k,,,,, i feed 4 people on 600 a month and we eat out/good food...our utils are actually a tad cheaper net comcast ect...

You sir are amazing....lol. you must have a interest only loan and damn I could not feed my family on 600. Not even close. Granted I am feeding 7.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
.... Lots of dead lines, high stress, and work that mentally tired you out. If you calculated the amount of hours I put in I didn't make very much hourly. I would be jealous to see who makes a minimum of 50 bucks hourly and only works 40 hour weeks.

its very likely the more education you have, there is a greater chance you'll have reasonable schedule w/out having too much effect on your personal life.

i like it when ppl make 100k and work like 70-80hrs a week. try pulling that for 20 years. thats what i call living to work and barely having any spare time to live your life. money is great and all but how is that living?

[ January 05, 2010, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

bsaleens281
¯
Member # 5343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsaleens281  Ford pictures for bsaleens281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
Any police officers on this board?

All you have to have is a clean record, clean piss, clean DMV, 6 months in the academy and bam you get pretty close to 6 figures. Easily over 100k with a little overtime.

And they I don't see that trade going down the pipe any time soon...

I finished the police academy about a year ago and working to be a reserve officer. I was going to do it full time but honestly from what i have seen it depends where you work. Here in the bay area the pay is good for a police officer. I have a family with 2 kids and I own a home and I would easily take a 50k cut right off the bat to become a full time LEO. It is a great field though and the retirement cant be beaten by any other career except maybe a firefighter.

--------------------
STALLIONS original

Posts: 113 | From: Mountain View | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700

It did say "most". And you left out a lot of expenses. And you proposed an ideal loan situation and I don't consider Oakley/Brentwood the bay. I'll see if I can find the article.
ohh your right oakley and brentwood is a little off from the bay, now that im thinking your absolutly right, anything worth a shit in the bay is 350k plus
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i work for the state of california [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700

Property tax?

You sir are amazing....lol. you must have a interest only loan and damn I could not feed my family on 600. Not even close. Granted I am feeding 7.
[patriot]

[ January 05, 2010, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: 5.0-srt-4 ]

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:

what sector?
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700

Property tax?

I wouldn't call 65k straight poverty BUT it's now an assload of money and goddamn! Feeding 4 on $600 a month is that just on food? Or is $600 what u bring in on a regular month cuz if so I'll pay you to show me the light cuz I make more then that and find myself broke quite often.

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bsaleens281:
quote:

All you have to have is a clean record, clean piss, clean DMV, 6 months in the academy and bam you get pretty close to 6 figures. Easily over 100k with a little overtime.

I finished the police academy about a year ago and working to be a reserve officer. I was going to do it full time but honestly from what i have seen it depends where you work. Here in the bay area the pay is good for a police officer. I have a family with 2 kids and I own a home and I would easily take a 50k cut right off the bat to become a full time LEO. It is a great field though and the retirement cant be beaten by any other career except maybe a firefighter.
What academy did you graduate from? I'm thinking of joining

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

utils 300
car 400
gas/food 700

Property tax?

I wouldn't call 65k straight poverty BUT it's now an assload of money and goddamn! Feeding 4 on $600 a month is that just on food? Or is $600 what u bring in on a regular month cuz if so I'll pay you to show me the light cuz I make more then that and find myself broke quite often.
I know right? I was doing some math and I just cannot see it. Unless there is a lot of top ramen involved.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot]

Got two family members and two friends, all four been in SFPD for almost a year now and make about 105K salary. Entry was 90K when they started.

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i sell my self on criaglist to fat girls 300 a night or 300 a go around i make about 900 on a good night 1200 on a very good night think about it 365x900
thats 328.500 a year
fat girls need love to! and they make a alot of money working on phones so they can afoward me a few times a night [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Journeyman mechanic And i make over that. Even with the economy slow like it is. But that is from years of work. I'm pretty close to tapped out. But i do something i like to do.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Pay is very deceiving. Before I went back to school for post grad I could pull in over 100k but I was on salary and would put in a minimum 60+ hour work weeks including Saturdays every week. Traveled two weeks out of the month and would clock in 80hr weeks easily.

Lots of dead lines, high stress, and work that mentally tired you out. If you calculated the amount of hours I put in I didn't make very much hourly. Hourly I would prob have the same pay as next guy.

I would be jealous to see who makes a minimum of 30 bucks hourly and only works 40 hour weeks.

Work for the government...I am a Medi-Cal Auditor for the State...With the budget problems we work 4 days a week, 3 day weekends...Also you have good benefits and a pension...To get this job it took a four year degree and stumbling into an interview at a job fair during my senior year in college...Regardless of the economy a bachelor's degree or higher makes you more attractive for job openings...Best decision I ever made was to sacrifice being comfortable and happy for 4 years to get my Bachelor's Degree...It was hard, but definitely worth it!
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I make about 100k taking out the trash [Smile]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I would be jealous to see who makes a minimum of 30 bucks hourly and only works 40 hour weeks.

you can be jealous of me [Wink] . more like 45hrs/wk though.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:

you can be jealous of me [Wink] . more like 45hrs/wk though.
Still jealous you lucky SOB. Good money and GREAT hours.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHUGGABREW:
i sell my self on criaglist to fat girls 300 a night or 300 a go around i make about 900 on a good night 1200 on a very good night think about it 365x900
thats 328.500 a year
fat girls need love to! and they make a alot of money working on phones so they can afoward me a few times a night [Big Grin]

HAHA HAHAHA I actually laughed out loud when I read the words "i sell my self on craigslist" didn't even need to read on cause that shit is funny.
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pharmacy tech well over 60k soon to been an pharm D well over 165K

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:

what sector?
its with community services and development.with the class help desk.

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FOX5.0:
pharmacy tech well over 60k soon to been an pharm D well over 165K

wheres all your money going you cant afford a 2800 fox and your camaro got repoed [Confused]

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com