Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AED? (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: AED?
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] looks what happens while im gone........

for the record im a very unsatisfied A.E.D. customer . i had many misfortunes with A.E.D and the more i play with my car the more im seeing problem left by A.E.D. i don't wish to explain much cause its not worth my time. just put me down for a unhappy customer.

Sydewayz 24/7
¯
Member # 8725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz 24/7  Ford pictures for Sydewayz 24/7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all i gota say for this thread is WOW [Eek!]

--------------------
Stayin Sydeways

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think this thread is good for aed, 99% happy customer rate, theyll get my business when and if i need that type of work [patriot]
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:

for the record im a very unsatisfied A.E.D. customer . i had many misfortunes with A.E.D and the more i play with my car the more im seeing problem left by A.E.D. i don't wish to explain much cause its not worth my time. just put me down for a unhappy customer.

what the complaint??? cant just say im unhappy! did you have a piece of junk car they refused to work with?

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
quote:

what the complaint??? cant just say im unhappy! did you have a piece of junk car they refused to work with?
wait!!! did you have the orange 4eye?

--------------------

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes i have the orange 86 coupe.A.E.D. was unable to tune it after i paid $2500+ to set the car up to their specs to tune.
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes i have the orange 86 coupe.A.E.D. was unable to tune it after i paid $2500+ to set the car up to their specs to tune.
so not a junk car! very nice might i ad!

--------------------

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fasthatch:

In a perfect world, it would be nice to think that every shop, or individual that does work for that matter, should answer every phone call/pm/email/etc in a quick and courtious manner, all free of charge. The fact of the matter is this- most, if not ALL of us (and I use the term "us" to describe the automotive community) have lives and responsibiities outside of coming up with a fix for the latest and greatest problem that has come down the pike. Also, people DO get rubbed the wrong way when you spend a considerable amount of time answering questions, responding to phone messages, answering emails...with the "thought" that work will be done in the future, just to have that all go by the wayside and the job is taken elsewhere. It sucks, but unfortunately...that's the way it goes. It happens to me, to Turbo50, to Shaun and Drew at AED, Nexgen, Newtech, etc. We all deal with it. I've had it personally happen to me no fewer than 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I won't even begin to mention folks you do work for in advance to help them out, tow cars for them, do favors for "friends" who turn out to be folks who are actually just looking to make a come-up, etc. You end up writing people off...and they wonder why you won't answer phone calls? [Roll Eyes]

Then you have these SAME people call you, text you, want to ask questions on why "x,y, and z" aren't working right on their car...yet still can't grasp the concept that they haven't spent a dime for the info they've recieved and do not intend to. If they want to post up in Tech with their questions, great! They will get the answers they need from the vast resource of the board. I truly believe it is at a shop's disadvantage to post on a board, of any kind, as a individual due to the lines not being clear as to what is personal help and what is quantified as "shop" help. Same can be said for those who do work on the side, as it is basically "expected" due to being a member here. That's ok though, it's the way it is. [Cool]

In the end...
...you can please all the people some of the time..
...some of the people all the time...
...but you will never please all the people all the time... [Wink]

i couldn't have agreed more [patriot] .
btw, i had my car put together by johnb and tuned by shaun at AED and both were good experiences.

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
hey the op spec fab aka virgil

The OP is not SpecFab aka Virgil. I've known Reggie for a long time now, and he's known my Cobra even longer. No need to start drama by suggesting that.

not trying to start drama just saking a question
This is why using one of these ---> ? <--- would have made your post clear... this is what we call in English a "question mark"
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CALiFORNIAGT:
23109 tell your boss i wont my fuckin gas tank back! and that bunk ass cluth cable i got fuckin broke!

that cable was only rated for a 400 pound person to be pressing on it. may i suggest an upgraded model.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
quote:
23109 tell your boss i wont my fuckin gas tank back! and that bunk ass cluth cable i got fuckin broke!

that cable was only rated for a 400 pound person to be pressing on it. may i suggest an upgraded model.
lmao

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
quote:

[Big Grin] funny mofo!

--------------------

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Johnb, it doesn't do any good to post unprofessional comments if you work at a shop which members use or may use in the future. A shop like A.E.D. handles themselves professionally even on a private forum like this, look at some of the other comments coming from the other type of shops. For anyone buying a car or looking to get work done, be sure to read some of the posts made by the people selling or offering their services. I've seen a lot of "craigslist gems" that there owners don't realize are in pics and vids street racing on the different forums.

[ November 27, 2009, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: gray03gt ]

trottin4.6
¯
Member # 8597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trottin4.6  Ford pictures for trottin4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ive seen that car up close...talk about a rat's nest of wiring job. paint is decent from maybe 15 feet away. cheap 5 lug conversion if i remember correctly. the car just screams hacked. looks like a used parts build. i wont call it junk, but i wont disagree if the majority did. i also wouldnt be surprised if most quality shops turned this car away. i for one wouldnt want any association with it.
trottin4.6
¯
Member # 8597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trottin4.6  Ford pictures for trottin4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am a REPEAT customer of shaun and AED's and am very impressed with their work.

my first interaction with that shop went like this: took my block to him on saturday. sunday my custom rotating assembly and cam was spec'd out. monday afternoon: half my parts were ordered. by tuesday, all of them were ordered. three weeks later, my machine work was done, a week after that my shortblock was assembled.

my motor was on the dyno literally 3 weeks after the last part showed up. aed doesnt own an engine dyno, but i "the customer" wanted it dyno'd. shaun closed down HIS shop down to dyno the motor he built me for FREE across town. as expected, the motor made phenomenal power for the parts that shaun chose. that is how legit he is and that is just a fraction of the amazing customer service he provides. i have since had him tune my late model mustang that my wife drives for a beater. that car runs excellent as well.

i didnt read all the pages in this crap thread, but when someone spends 4 weeks choosing a tuner for a SLIGHTLY modified motor, he might as well go f-kk himself because really he isnt serious about making shit happen.

go check out the cars at AED, the majority are hardly junk and they definitely don't cater to the poor man's demographic. that is what shops like tps are there for.

if i campaign my car next year in the mustang madness class in PSCA, i will gladly rep AED.

[ November 27, 2009, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: trottin4.6 ]

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by trottin4.6:
i am a REPEAT customer of shaun and AED's and am very impressed with their work.

my first interaction with that shop went like this: took my block to him on saturday. sunday my custom rotating assembly and cam was spec'd out. monday afternoon: half my parts were ordered. by tuesday, all of them were ordered. three weeks later, my machine work was done, a week after that my shortblock was assembled.

my motor was on the dyno literally 3 weeks after the last part showed up. aed doesnt own an engine dyno, but i "the customer" wanted it dyno'd. shaun closed down HIS shop down to dyno the motor he built me for FREE across town. as expected, the motor made phenomenal power for the parts that shaun chose. that is how legit he is and that is just a fraction of the amazing customer service he provides. i have since had him tune my late model mustang that my wife drives for a beater. that car runs excellent as well.

i didnt read all the pages in this crap thread, but when someone spends 4 weeks choosing a tuner for a SLIGHTLY modified motor, he might as well go f-kk himself because really he isnt serious about making shit happen.

go check out the cars at AED, the majority are hardly junk and they definitely don't cater to the poor man's demographic. that is what shops like tps are there for.

if i campaign my car next year in the mustang madness class in PSCA, i will gladly rep AED.

Obviously u should have invested the time to read the entire thread so u could have been more informed regarding the entire situation...for your information both My car and Albert's car were very expensive to put together and highly modified...I believe you should read everything and know at least know my car and combo before you past judgment like u did...You are entitled to your own opinion, but I believe your basing it on inaccurate information...At the end of the day it was a misunderstanding on when my car was originally tuned...I just wished I experienced the same AED experience as you, I am glad your happy and satisfied...And regardless how much my car is worth or how much i spend at AED I should not be treated differently or with disrespect!...

[ November 27, 2009, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: rmadison007 ]

STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by trottin4.6:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ive seen that car up close...talk about a rat's nest of wiring job. paint is decent from maybe 15 feet away. cheap 5 lug conversion if i remember correctly. the car just screams hacked. looks like a used parts build. i wont call it junk, but i wont disagree if the majority did. i also wouldnt be surprised if most quality shops turned this car away. i for one wouldnt want any association with it.
[Eek!] [Confused]

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com