Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AED? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: AED?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post 
Late August your heads were at the machine shop, motor was not running. I helped you get the right valve train setup for the combo.

Early/mid Sept you had questions on intercooler setups...I pointed you in the right direction.

Mid Oct you had questions about drivability, both P/T and WOT. At that time you told me you had it tuned at another shop. Your reasoning for not bringing it to AED:
"Distance…I didn’t trust driving the car 2hours…scared the car would have small problems once on the dyno…Having to trailer the car would cost me around $300 extra…I had a list of reasons that eventually turned to excuses…I probably should have just brought it the first time"

I can 'respect' your decisions, but that does not mean I must answer all of your questions, or risk being flamed on CaFords. As indicated by this email response:

"I will be sure to voice my opinion next time someone raves about AED on Cafords and express how u treat non paying customers…regardless if a person is paying customer or not you should still respect them…

Yours Truly,

An unsatisfied non paying customer"

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think i know what happen here....

you asked for a bunch of info and then u went to another tuner, you were not happy with their work and now u come back to ask more questions when u shoulda just went to AED in the first place. i'd be a lil irratated too especially since they often deal with other shops mistakes and is a pain in the ass for them. sometimes Shaun may come on a lil strong as i have had my share of back and forths with him, but he speaks out open mindedly thats just how he is. overall a good dude and mechanic tho

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you feel 'disrespected', but I felt I was being used.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
I've spoken to both Shaun and Drew at AED for extended amounts of time - over the phone, PMs, and emails. I've never been treated rudely, and I've never even spent a single dime with them. I plan on bringing my car there when my broke ass can afford it.

Seeing as how you feel like you were treated rudely through email, is there a chance that one of you took it the wrong way? Reading text instead of hearing words can come off differently. I find it hard to believe too since they've both received such good feedback from people on and off this forum. Either way, good luck, and I hope the issue gets worked out. [patriot]

My original question
"Can I start my car using 60lb injectors and calibrated Mass air? Or do I need it tuned to take out fuel at start up? I have it tuned to 42lb injectors and calibrated mass air right now…."

His Responses
"Why don't you ask your tuner."

"Let me know when you are ready to be a paying AED customer. My time and knowledge is valuable"

"Definition of a customer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer

You were a Potential Customer for a tune. Therefore I gave you all the information you asked for. It was my understanding you were getting the car ready to bring it to me to tune. Once you went with another tuner, you were no longer a Potential Customer for a Tune.....nor were you an actual AED Customer since we've never done work for you, nor sold you any products.

Had you been an AED Customer, I would have done my best to earn your Respect, and perhaps you would have earned mine.

Respect is earned, not given."

You be the judge...

Like I said it seems to be a misunderstanding, It looks like he thought you asked all these questions and went to another tuner instead of coming to him. I bet if you call him and stop trying to cause shit on this forum everything would be straightened out. Give whoever you e-mailed a call, they are both stand up guys.
Your a AED customer I expect you to believe it is a misunderstanding...AED and I have communicated via email about this situation and they don't want me as a customer...They were rude and disrespectful in my book and regardless if someone is a customer or not u should still respect them period...Lack of respect leaves people shot or toothless where I am from...I understand where they are coming from, but with all the dick riding happening on this website for their services i expected a little more...I am not going to put people on blast, but I am not the only one not swinging for AED nuts on this website, just the only one speaking up...I am unsatisfied "potential" customer using a pro AED website to voice my dissatisfaction...If it was really a misundestanding who job is it to clear it up the customer or the business...
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seems i am right [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never done business with AED nor do I know you but judging by the information that has been provided...
I would say from a business stand point I can aggree with AED if you've been asking them Q's to then turn around and do business with someone else. So I guess the question is if you went with another tuner AFTER seeking AED's advice?
If so, then I can understand their response.
If not, then I agree with you.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I've spoken to both Shaun and Drew at AED for extended amounts of time - over the phone, PMs, and emails. I've never been treated rudely, and I've never even spent a single dime with them. I plan on bringing my car there when my broke ass can afford it.

Seeing as how you feel like you were treated rudely through email, is there a chance that one of you took it the wrong way? Reading text instead of hearing words can come off differently. I find it hard to believe too since they've both received such good feedback from people on and off this forum. Either way, good luck, and I hope the issue gets worked out. [patriot]

My original question
"Can I start my car using 60lb injectors and calibrated Mass air? Or do I need it tuned to take out fuel at start up? I have it tuned to 42lb injectors and calibrated mass air right now…."

His Responses

"Let me know when you are ready to be a paying AED customer. My time and knowledge is valuable"

You were a Potential Customer for a tune. Therefore I gave you all the information you asked for. It was my understanding you were getting the car ready to bring it to me to tune. Once you went with another tuner, you were no longer a Potential Customer for a Tune.....nor were you an actual AED Customer since we've never done work for you, nor sold you any products.

Had you been an AED Customer, I would have done my best to earn your Respect, and perhaps you would have earned mine.

You be the judge...

Like I said it seems to be a misunderstanding, It looks like he thought you asked all these questions and went to another tuner instead of coming to him. I bet if you call him and stop trying to cause shit on this forum everything would be straightened out. Give whoever you e-mailed a call, they are both stand up guys.
Your a AED customer I expect you to believe it is a misunderstanding...AED and I have communicated via email about this situation and they don't want me as a customer...They were rude and disrespectful in my book and regardless if someone is a customer or not u should still respect them period...Lack of respect leaves people shot or toothless where I am from...I understand where they are coming from, but with all the dick riding happening on this website for their services i expected a little more...I am not going to put people on blast, but I am not the only one not swinging for AED nuts on this website, just the only one speaking up...I am unsatisfied "potential" customer using a pro AED website to voice my dissatisfaction...If it was really a misundestanding who job is it to clear it up the customer or the business...
It has been cleared read above...and it seems you were being a cheap bastard and now you're bitching because he stopped helping you...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Late August your heads were at the machine shop, motor was not running. I helped you get the right valve train setup for the combo.

Early/mid Sept you had questions on intercooler setups...I pointed you in the right direction.

Mid Oct you had questions about drivability, both P/T and WOT. At that time you told me you had it tuned at another shop. Your reasoning for not bringing it to AED:
"Distance…I didn’t trust driving the car 2hours…scared the car would have small problems once on the dyno…Having to trailer the car would cost me around $300 extra…I had a list of reasons that eventually turned to excuses…I probably should have just brought it the first time"

I can 'respect' your decisions, but that does not mean I must answer all of your questions, or risk being flamed on CaFords. As indicated by this email response:

"I will be sure to voice my opinion next time someone raves about AED on Cafords and express how u treat non paying customers…regardless if a person is paying customer or not you should still respect them…

Yours Truly,

Your right you dont have to answer all of my questions...I "respect" that, but "respect" me enough reply to my emails without being rude...Your statements about customer vs non customer says a lot...and like i said before although i am in the minority i am not the only person on this website that felt you were rude and disrespectful when they inquired with you about help or being a potential customer...And as stated before in every email thanks for all the help up until this point...You weren't being used before, but i will be taking my business elsewhere...Thanks Again
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My original question

His Responses

You be the judge...

It has been cleared read above...and it seems you were being a cheap bastard and now you're bitching because he stopped helping you...
haha cheap bastard! dont you ever buy everything ive ever wanted then get a lowsy tune!..you overweight 5.0 t56 transmission havin ass ni**a

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STOP BITCHIN

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you really knew me the last thing I am is cheap...Like I told Mr. Fasthatch, if you want to get to know me come by Jae Jae's house anytime and ask for me...then you can retract that comment...lol Jae Jae he called me cheap!

My original question

His Responses

You be the judge...

The Last thing i am is cheap...but like i told Fasthatch, come by Jae Jae house and ask for me and then make a comment like that...The only difference between me and you is that I have not spent money with AED...Jae Jae he called me cheap

[ November 25, 2009, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: rmadison007 ]

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your entitled to your opinion, howerver it seems 99% of people are satisfied and have nothing but positive things to say. Cant please everyone.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

Yours Truly,

Your right you dont have to answer all of my questions...I "respect" that, but "respect" me enough reply to my emails without being rude...Your statements about customer vs non customer says a lot...and like i said before although i am in the minority i am not the only person on this website that felt you were rude and disrespectful when they inquired with you about help or being a potential customer...And as stated before in every email thanks for all the help up until this point...You weren't being used before, but i will be taking my business elsewhere...Thanks Again
lol seems like u already took ur business elsewhere and thats why ur in this predicament now [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not really an aed customer. (well i got dyno'd there one time and shaun didnt even charge me full price.) but they have always been nice to me and i know ive asked shaun a million questions about a build but never got it done due to funds but he never once was rude and even told me to take some time to really think about if i wanted the work done before i brought it in. this isnt the only site where everyone talks good about them. pretty much all the mustang sites have good things to say to them. im not riding no ones nuts but im just saying my unbias experence about them. what shop did you end up taking your car to?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

99% of people on this site that is run by AED have positive things to say, but this topic was originally for people who did not have positive things to say, the 1%...then all the dick riders decided to make a love letter to AED...regardless, so based on the responses from Shaun it was ok to be rude and disrespectful to a potential customer because he felt like he was being used...Honest, yes, proper business practice, no...I would have respected him more if he would have just said up front "I am sorry i can not help you with anything if you are going to take the information i give you and have another tuner tune you car"...
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to Shaun before about getting some work done in the future and he was not rude at all with me, and ive never had work done by him yet...He pointed me in the right direction and gave me some good advice on a future setup....

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
99% of people on this site that is run by AED have positive things to say, but this topic was originally for people who did not have positive things to say, the 1%...then all the dick riders decided to make a love letter to AED...regardless, so based on the responses from Shaun it was ok to be rude and disrespectful to a potential customer because he felt like he was being used...Honest, yes, proper business practice, no...I would have respected him more if he would have just said up front "I am sorry i can not help you with anything if you are going to take the information i give you and have another tuner tune you car"...

this is you=  -  -

and this is basically all of us= [Big Grin]

[ November 25, 2009, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shaun threatened to beat me up if he ever saw me at sac raceway ever since then I have been scared to show my face there for fear the guys at AED would beat me up [Frown]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

-

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you really knew me the last thing I am is cheap...Like I told Mr. Fasthatch, if you want to get to know me come by Jae Jae's house anytime and ask for me...then you can retract that comment...lol Jae Jae he called me cheap!

My original question

His Responses

You be the judge...

The Last thing i am is cheap...but like i told Fasthatch, come by Jae Jae house and ask for me and then make a comment like that...The only difference between me and you is that I have not spent money with AED...Jae Jae he called me cheap
frist douche why would i go to jae jae home an ask for you are trying to threat me if you are good luck on that.it really sounds like your pissed b/c aed fried you as a potential customer
so why dont you spend money tuning your car at the track i heard don baileys looking for work

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What seems to be the bottom line here is that shaun and drew run a very reputable bussiness and there satisfaction rate is very high so yes a lot of people will defend them, this doesn't make anyone a 'dick rider' or however it was put it makes them a happy customer. Also it is unfair for Shaun to provide so much information and help then not use his tuning skills to back that up. Basically every mechanic has his own way of doing things and spend many years perfecting the way they do it so I would be upset. If I were the other tuner I would have a problem working on it anyway simply because everything was done according to another mechanic. My best advice would be to find one person and stick with them. Just to clarify yes I am a happy aed customer but this is a not bias opinion I don't think either party is right or wrong

[ November 25, 2009, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: 707vibrantcobra93 ]

Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My original question

His Responses

You be the judge...

frist douche why would i go to jae jae home an ask for you are trying to threat me if you are good luck on that.it really sounds like your pissed b/c aed fried you as a potential customer
so why dont you spend money tuning your car at the track i heard don baileys looking for work

First...watch your mouth...I never disrespected u internet tough guy...Second Jae Jae is always home that is why and I am not...Third I would love to meet u whatis ur number maybe we can meet up
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, this thread is hilarious!

stop your bitching here...no one wants to here it...we know what to expect from AED and thats why we continue to go back time after time...

we were all at one point just a "potential" customer...i was also a non-paying customer at one point before modding my car, and would blow up shauns phone with question after question; and i felt he took time out of his day to give me the right answers and to make sure i would be happy with the end result...if it wasnt for AED, my car would probably would have still been stock!...it was his answers to my questions made me feel comfortable modding my car in teh first place and letting shaun tune it...

for all i care or anyone else thats been to AED...we dont give 2 shits about where you get your car tuned or how u were treated by AED...you desereved it...

LONG LIVE AED!!

ONCE A CUSTOMER = CUSTOMER FOR LIFE! [patriot]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My original question

His Responses

You be the judge...

First...watch your mouth...I never disrespected u internet tough guy...Second Jae Jae is always home that is why and I am not...Third I would love to meet u whatis ur number maybe we can meet up
should i come with my rachet.i i dont go to the hood anymore been growing up for way to long for some what be billy soft ass to think he came pump fear
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive never spent a dime with AED, but Drew answered all my questions as well. So I dunno?!?!?! I will however be taking my car to them when I get it back, as he was nice enough to answer my questions even when I wasnt going to take it to him.

But because I feel he treated me with respect (I also showed him respect by not trying to take up too much of his tim) and he knows his stuff, my money will be going his way once I get my car back in my hands.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com