Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AED? (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: AED?
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now thats what i call a deal, 1/2 price. good stuff Shaun

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
the thread is for people that had bad shit with AED. Someone says they had a bad time and BOOM people wanna kill them.

side note: sptvnm if AED gave you a doller for everytime you sucked their dick or kissed their ass you would be able to afford to fix your car up.

And ur prob is with me y?
Why u hating for? get off my nuts

[ November 26, 2009, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your nuts? Haha yea I want my mustang to still run the same times it did when ford built it.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
your nuts? Haha yea I want my mustang to still run the same times it did when ford built it.

maybe thats all his suspension allows i dont see what a tune has to do with it
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Stop talkin shit then if ur not on my nuts, what the fuck do u care who works on my car or what it runs. My car, my money....I suggest u worry bout ur own shit and not mine

[ November 26, 2009, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
quote:

Stop talkin shit then if ur not on my nuts, what the fuck do u care who works on my car or what it runs. My car, my money....I suggest u worry bout ur own shit and not mine
yo spt this wack ass fool works for next gen ride up there and rise hell got problems call me ill only like 10 mins away [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
How about we settle all this like gentlmen.

I'll tune your car for 1/2 price. Any time you want.

Serious? All it takes is a post from a potential customer and you drop your rates by half?

How about a deal for us long-time customers? I say you're short, like a leprechaun, your shop is dirty, and I don't like the color of your car. Can the rate be 1/3 now? [Wink]

Just messin' with you guys. Hopefully it all comes out in the wash.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
I've spoken to both Shaun and Drew at AED for extended amounts of time - over the phone, PMs, and emails. I've never been treated rudely, and I've never even spent a single dime with them. I plan on bringing my car there when my broke ass can afford it.

If you really knew me the last thing I am is cheap...Like I told Mr. Fasthatch, if you want to get to know me come by Jae Jae's house anytime and ask for me...then you can retract that comment...lol Jae Jae he called me cheap!

Seeing as how you feel like you were treated rudely through email, is there a chance that one of you took it the wrong way? Reading text instead of hearing words can come off differently. I find it hard to believe too since they've both received such good feedback from people on and off this forum. Either way, good luck, and I hope the issue gets worked out. [patriot]

My original question
"Can I start my car using 60lb injectors and calibrated Mass air? Or do I need it tuned to take out fuel at start up? I have it tuned to 42lb injectors and calibrated mass air right now…."

His Responses
"Why don't you ask your tuner."

"Let me know when you are ready to be a paying AED customer. My time and knowledge is valuable"

"Definition of a customer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer

You were a Potential Customer for a tune. Therefore I gave you all the information you asked for. It was my understanding you were getting the car ready to bring it to me to tune. Once you went with another tuner, you were no longer a Potential Customer for a Tune.....nor were you an actual AED Customer since we've never done work for you, nor sold you any products.

Had you been an AED Customer, I would have done my best to earn your Respect, and perhaps you would have earned mine.

Respect is earned, not given."

You be the judge...

Like I said it seems to be a misunderstanding, It looks like he thought you asked all these questions and went to another tuner instead of coming to him. I bet if you call him and stop trying to cause shit on this forum everything would be straightened out. Give whoever you e-mailed a call, they are both stand up guys.
Your a AED customer I expect you to believe it is a misunderstanding...AED and I have communicated via email about this situation and they don't want me as a customer...They were rude and disrespectful in my book and regardless if someone is a customer or not u should still respect them period...Lack of respect leaves people shot or toothless where I am from...I understand where they are coming from, but with all the dick riding happening on this website for their services i expected a little more...I am not going to put people on blast, but I am not the only one not swinging for AED nuts on this website, just the only one speaking up...I am unsatisfied "potential" customer using a pro AED website to voice my dissatisfaction...If it was really a misundestanding who job is it to clear it up the customer or the business...
It has been cleared read above...and it seems you were being a cheap bastard and now you're bitching because he stopped helping you...
The Last thing i am is cheap...but like i told Fasthatch, come by Jae Jae house and ask for me and then make a comment like that...The only difference between me and you is that I have not spent money with AED...Jae Jae he called me cheap
frist douche why would i go to jae jae home an ask for you are trying to threat me if you are good luck on that.it really sounds like your pissed b/c aed fried you as a potential customer
so why dont you spend money tuning your car at the track i heard don baileys looking for work

you can come over fasthatch, we can smoke newports all day and watch dopefiends walk around the hood [Big Grin]
been there an done that before you were even born
let me guess you were the the dopefiend [Razz]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
I've spoken to both Shaun and Drew at AED for extended amounts of time - over the phone, PMs, and emails. I've never been treated rudely, and I've never even spent a single dime with them. I plan on bringing my car there when my broke ass can afford it.

If you really knew me the last thing I am is cheap...Like I told Mr. Fasthatch, if you want to get to know me come by Jae Jae's house anytime and ask for me...then you can retract that comment...lol Jae Jae he called me cheap!

Seeing as how you feel like you were treated rudely through email, is there a chance that one of you took it the wrong way? Reading text instead of hearing words can come off differently. I find it hard to believe too since they've both received such good feedback from people on and off this forum. Either way, good luck, and I hope the issue gets worked out. [patriot]

My original question
"Can I start my car using 60lb injectors and calibrated Mass air? Or do I need it tuned to take out fuel at start up? I have it tuned to 42lb injectors and calibrated mass air right now…."

His Responses
"Why don't you ask your tuner."

"Let me know when you are ready to be a paying AED customer. My time and knowledge is valuable"

"Definition of a customer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer

You were a Potential Customer for a tune. Therefore I gave you all the information you asked for. It was my understanding you were getting the car ready to bring it to me to tune. Once you went with another tuner, you were no longer a Potential Customer for a Tune.....nor were you an actual AED Customer since we've never done work for you, nor sold you any products.

Had you been an AED Customer, I would have done my best to earn your Respect, and perhaps you would have earned mine.

Respect is earned, not given."

You be the judge...

Like I said it seems to be a misunderstanding, It looks like he thought you asked all these questions and went to another tuner instead of coming to him. I bet if you call him and stop trying to cause shit on this forum everything would be straightened out. Give whoever you e-mailed a call, they are both stand up guys.
Your a AED customer I expect you to believe it is a misunderstanding...AED and I have communicated via email about this situation and they don't want me as a customer...They were rude and disrespectful in my book and regardless if someone is a customer or not u should still respect them period...Lack of respect leaves people shot or toothless where I am from...I understand where they are coming from, but with all the dick riding happening on this website for their services i expected a little more...I am not going to put people on blast, but I am not the only one not swinging for AED nuts on this website, just the only one speaking up...I am unsatisfied "potential" customer using a pro AED website to voice my dissatisfaction...If it was really a misundestanding who job is it to clear it up the customer or the business...
It has been cleared read above...and it seems you were being a cheap bastard and now you're bitching because he stopped helping you...
The Last thing i am is cheap...but like i told Fasthatch, come by Jae Jae house and ask for me and then make a comment like that...The only difference between me and you is that I have not spent money with AED...Jae Jae he called me cheap
frist douche why would i go to jae jae home an ask for you are trying to threat me if you are good luck on that.it really sounds like your pissed b/c aed fried you as a potential customer
so why dont you spend money tuning your car at the track i heard don baileys looking for work

you can come over fasthatch, we can smoke newports all day and watch dopefiends walk around the hood [Big Grin]
been there an done that before you were even born
let me guess you were the the dopefiend [Razz]
nope just grow up in west pittsburg
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by CALiFORNIAGT:
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
quote:

yo spt this wack ass fool works for next gen ride up there and rise hell got problems call me ill only like 10 mins away [Wink]
fasho

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I had a odd experience with shaun. I have spent a lot of days sending emails, calls and pm's to shaun periodically asking questions about building my cobra when I had it. Pretty much always answered my questions and was a cool guy even when I met him off the boards. He even agreed to look @ a 03 cobra I was planning to buy. Basically I was a dreamer and never had cash to bring my plans to fruition or deals fell through. But I did learn a lot and Because of continued good experinces I referred my buddy DTB to his shop to get his motor built. Figured I would find a way to get shaun some money since I couldn't spend any. and my buddy went in there and dropped some nice coin. I Also would refer anyone I knew to definitely go there for work.

However it wasn't until recently when I did my budget build I got hit with a different experience. When I decided to get my motor built I ended up with john B doing the assembly and planned to have shaun design me a custom cam and tune it. Best of both worlds. However when I came to shaun to ask him if I could pay him to design the cam and what ratio rockers to use for the cam there was issues. Once he knew I was having the assembly done elswhere he was reluctant to spec the cam and stood me up on the day I was supposed to come to the shop with the cash. He informed that I wasn't going to be able to get info for free, even tho I said I would pay him for the cam and then a tune later. And the only info I needed was related to the cam since I would rather I set up the top end to his liking so when it gets on the dyno there isn't issues with the parts being used. Haven't spoken with shaun since. Left me feeling a little disappointed that because I wasn't spending big money @ the shop my business wasn't good enough.

So I have had many good experiences with shaun and AED but I have also had one that wasn't so good. I get that a shop has overhead and information that took years to gain is pricelss. But then you shouldn't put salt in the mouth of potential customers. Ultimately its up to the shop owner however. I'm posting this because I see a lot of people here acting like rmadison007 is out of his mind. I have met reggie and he isn't a douche, idiot, or cheap skate. I'm not bashing AED or Reggie or defending either side. Just sharing my experiences.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Recently I had a odd experience with shaun. I have spent a lot of days sending emails, calls and pm's to shaun periodically asking questions about building my cobra when I had it. Pretty much always answered my questions and was a cool guy even when I met him off the boards. He even agreed to look @ a 03 cobra I was planning to buy. Basically I was a dreamer and never had cash to bring my plans to fruition or deals fell through. But I did learn a lot and Because of continued good experinces I referred my buddy DTB to his shop to get his motor built. Figured I would find a way to get shaun some money since I couldn't spend any. and my buddy went in there and dropped some nice coin. I Also would refer anyone I knew to definitely go there for work.

However it wasn't until recently when I did my budget build I got hit with a different experience. When I decided to get my motor built I ended up with john B doing the assembly and planned to have shaun design me a custom cam and tune it. Best of both worlds. However when I came to shaun to ask him if I could pay him to design the cam and what ratio rockers to use for the cam there was issues. Once he knew I was having the assembly done elswhere he was reluctant to spec the cam and stood me up on the day I was supposed to come to the shop with the cash. He informed that I wasn't going to be able to get info for free, even tho I said I would pay him for the cam and then a tune later. And the only info I needed was related to the cam since I would rather I set up the top end to his liking so when it gets on the dyno there isn't issues with the parts being used. Haven't spoken with shaun since. Left me feeling a little disappointed that because I wasn't spending big money @ the shop my business wasn't good enough.

So I have had many good experiences with shaun and AED but I have also had one that wasn't so good. I get that a shop has overhead and information that took years to gain is pricelss. But then you shouldn't put salt in the mouth of potential customers. Ultimately its up to the shop owner however. I'm posting this because I see a lot of people here acting like rmadison007 is out of his mind. I have met reggie and he isn't a douche, idiot, or cheap skate. I'm not bashing AED or Reggie or defending either side. Just sharing my experiences.

I can see both sides of this.

The only side I can speak with personal experience about is how AED may feel. I remember several pms from 50DEEP about his motor build and was happy to aid in any way shape or form prior to him having his motor built......JohnB ended up getting the job. Now I wasnt short with 50DEEP and JohnB is a friend of mine and does great work, but I did feel a little butt hurt at first (being honest here), then realizing that this is america and a free world, I got over it. Matter of fact, I am picking up some parts from Terrence when I get a chance to get up there, if at all.

Bottom line, treat everyone as fairly as you can because this is a small, small community.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
come thru! I'm down sptvnm.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

for the most part i have had nothin but good deals, advice and experiences with AED, but there was only one time where i felt like (50deep) as to where my car wasnt good enough for the shop.

when i took my car in Shaun sorta give me a hard time about my oil leak and how he didnt want my car leakin all over the shop and on the dyno. also i had alot of lil problems with my car and he told me that AED was basically a performance modding shop not a repair shop.....BUT we talked it out and he made an exception with my car and still had the patience to work with me and deal with my car. I guess i can understand because their shop is ridiculously clean and has a very good rep

besides those two lil conflicts that we had and yet worked out, thats about the only bad experience i can say. Im sure everyone has had lil issues with a buncha shops n ppl but most of the time get worked out [patriot]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
come thru! I'm down sptvnm.

u have a pm....

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
23109 tell your boss i wont my fuckin gas tank back! and that bunk ass cluth cable i got fuckin broke!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post 
I did not stand you up T. I was at the shop tuning.
I missed your call during the day & did not notice till I was leaving the shop that night. Too late to call you back.... I then forgot all about for a week or so.... (I forget quite a bit in my old age)
I figured if you really wanted a custom cam you would have gotten ahold of me. And, like you said, IMO it would not have made much more HP (due to valve train restrictions) than an alphabet cam.

We love you & Daily.... You guys are always welcome at the shop, anytime.

From time to time we have too much on our plate & it becomes very difficult to keep everybody happy all the time. I'm sorry about this. We could really use a receptionist or someone that can field phone calls with customer questions. But... We don't, so it's up to the 2 of us to do everything....& sometimes we simply can't.

[ November 26, 2009, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I missed your call during the day & did not notice till I was leaving the shop that night. Too late to call you back.... I then forgot all about for a week or so.... (I forget quite a bit in my old age)
I figured if you really wanted a custom cam you would have gotten ahold of me. And, like you said, IMO it would not have made much more HP (due to valve train restrictions) than an alphabet cam.

From time to time we have too much on our plate & it becomes very difficult to keep everybody happy all the time. I'm sorry about this. We could really use a receptionist or someone that can field phone calls with customer questions. But... We don't, so it's up to the 2 of us to do everything....& sometimes we simply can't.

Yeah shaun there are no hard feelings. some deals work out and others dont. Overall though you and your shop does good clean work and is probably the only i would trust with working on my car if i couldnt do it myself. After talking to you and seeing your workmanship i know you and those you work with know what your doing and do it with pride. I still got plans to hit your dyno once i get mine running.

[ November 26, 2009, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

ive known shaun and drew for almost 8 years now from being a friend and a customer.i call either one from time to time for a question or 2 and i might not get a call back from them for 15 minutes to a couple of days.(there busy as hell and they also got personal lives like everyone else)and right now im going through a combo change and i always have questions and they always tell me want i need or whatever. they are always patient with me cuz im also peiceing a new combo together and there never said im bothering them or need $$$ for my questions.in short i appriciate all of shauns and drews time out of there day to give there input on my questions, and when im ready there is no other company out there but there's i would take my cars too. [patriot]

[ November 26, 2009, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: 4.6 EATIN GM'S ]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

hahaha whos the guy at aed i talked to about gettin a lentech tranny? for my mustang?

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't read all the post but I will throw in my 2 cents. I have had a few friends who have had work done by AED and some impressions are good some are UN-happy. With that being said I haven't had any work done with AED personally but I have talked with Shaun a few times. He has always answered any questions I've had in the past. I haven't had much experience with Drew. Your always going to find good and bad. It's the nature of the business. All you need to be worried about is the impression or feeling you get when YOU walk through the door. No one is perfect we all know this. However I hold judgment on the shop even though I've had friends do business with them and it's been good and bad I haven't had work done so until then if ever I do I will give my honest review about there workmanship. Without some bad business there would be no good business. People have to learn from their past mistakes and move forward. [patriot]

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey the op spec fab aka virgule
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
hey the op spec fab aka virgule

no way???? spec fab is madison>?
~whoops edit.... G and B are a little to close for a drunk motha fucka lol~

[ November 27, 2009, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
hey the op spec fab aka virgil

The OP is not SpecFab aka Virgil. I've known Reggie for a long time now, and he's known my Cobra even longer. No need to start drama by suggesting that.

In a perfect world, it would be nice to think that every shop, or individual that does work for that matter, should answer every phone call/pm/email/etc in a quick and courtious manner, all free of charge. The fact of the matter is this- most, if not ALL of us (and I use the term "us" to describe the automotive community) have lives and responsibiities outside of coming up with a fix for the latest and greatest problem that has come down the pike. Also, people DO get rubbed the wrong way when you spend a considerable amount of time answering questions, responding to phone messages, answering emails...with the "thought" that work will be done in the future, just to have that all go by the wayside and the job is taken elsewhere. It sucks, but unfortunately...that's the way it goes. It happens to me, to Turbo50, to Shaun and Drew at AED, Nexgen, Newtech, etc. We all deal with it. I've had it personally happen to me no fewer than 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I won't even begin to mention folks you do work for in advance to help them out, tow cars for them, do favors for "friends" who turn out to be folks who are actually just looking to make a come-up, etc. You end up writing people off...and they wonder why you won't answer phone calls? [Roll Eyes]

Then you have these SAME people call you, text you, want to ask questions on why "x,y, and z" aren't working right on their car...yet still can't grasp the concept that they haven't spent a dime for the info they've recieved and do not intend to. If they want to post up in Tech with their questions, great! They will get the answers they need from the vast resource of the board. I truly believe it is at a shop's disadvantage to post on a board, of any kind, as a individual due to the lines not being clear as to what is personal help and what is quantified as "shop" help. Same can be said for those who do work on the side, as it is basically "expected" due to being a member here. That's ok though, it's the way it is. [Cool]

In the end...
...you can please all the people some of the time..
...some of the people all the time...
...but you will never please all the people all the time... [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
hey the op spec fab aka virgil

The OP is not SpecFab aka Virgil. I've known Reggie for a long time now, and he's known my Cobra even longer. No need to start drama by suggesting that.

In a perfect world, it would be nice to think that every shop, or individual that does work for that matter, should answer every phone call/pm/email/etc in a quick and courtious manner, all free of charge. The fact of the matter is this- most, if not ALL of us (and I use the term "us" to describe the automotive community) have lives and responsibiities outside of coming up with a fix for the latest and greatest problem that has come down the pike. Also, people DO get rubbed the wrong way when you spend a considerable amount of time answering questions, responding to phone messages, answering emails...with the "thought" that work will be done in the future, just to have that all go by the wayside and the job is taken elsewhere. It sucks, but unfortunately...that's the way it goes. It happens to me, to Turbo50, to Shaun and Drew at AED, Nexgen, Newtech, etc. We all deal with it. I've had it personally happen to me no fewer than 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I won't even begin to mention folks you do work for in advance to help them out, tow cars for them, do favors for "friends" who turn out to be folks who are actually just looking to make a come-up, etc. You end up writing people off...and they wonder why you won't answer phone calls? [Roll Eyes]

Then you have these SAME people call you, text you, want to ask questions on why "x,y, and z" aren't working right on their car...yet still can't grasp the concept that they haven't spent a dime for the info they've recieved and do not intend to. If they want to post up in Tech with their questions, great! They will get the answers they need from the vast resource of the board. I truly believe it is at a shop's disadvantage to post on a board, of any kind, as a individual due to the lines not being clear as to what is personal help and what is quantified as "shop" help. Same can be said for those who do work on the side, as it is basically "expected" due to being a member here. That's ok though, it's the way it is. [Cool]

In the end...
...you can please all the people some of the time..
...some of the people all the time...
...but you will never please all the people all the time... [Wink]

not trying to start drama just saking a question

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com