Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it you or racial profiling??????????? (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Is it you or racial profiling???????????
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is another flaw in your logic as normal is subjective. Take the thug, place him in 9th ward New Orleans you have normal. Take the white guy place him in 9th ward New Orleans you have abnormal. So does the white guy get profiled at this time? Afraid not more often than not. Because that would go against the overall grain of society. But take this white guy and place him in suburban America and he is now the normal. Place the thug there he is abnormal. Gets profiled quick fast and in a hurry. It is deeper than what can be discussed here, as most of it is psychological. Which is why I would propose a modified Briggs Myers test for cops, that would measure their background, geographic origin, socio-economic status of parents, and sensitivity level (I have reasons why I chose these sections too). From that test amend whatever required training is needed as a baseline to be a cop. Right now the one size fits all training I do not think is an appropriate approach. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I haven't seen you a single flaw in my logic. You take a thug in New Orleans and guess what? He is still a thug. [worship] Put that thug in East San Jose and he is still a thug, put him in the most elite golf club course = he is still a thug.

I was afraid to use the word normal as this is a No No in legal terms and the most difficult term to define which is why I gave in parenthesis what I meant by normal. In legal term there is no normal person.

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually there still is. Because those "normal" often resonate differently through the legal system. And the court of public opinion. But without getting too into it as I promised. It is linked to why a African American on average gets more time for the same crime as a White American. Because of those very same perceived normals. Believe me it is bigger than Political Science 101. Its inherited, learned and tracked behavioral science down to the individual level. Which is why I propose a modified Myers Brigg test for any public servant.

That was pretty much all I had to say. I was requested to make an appearance here so I said my spill. So I will go wreak havoc somewhere else.

[ August 03, 2009, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Truth About Racial Profiling: Seven Facts
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) defines racial profiling as the targeting of individuals and groups by law enforcement officials, even partially, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion, except when there is trustworthy information, relevant to the locality and timeframe, that links persons belonging to one of the aforementioned groups to an identified criminal incident or scheme. As documented in the AIUSA report Threat and Humiliation: Racial Profiling, National Security, and Human Rights in the United States, the U.S. continues to use race, color, ethnicity, national origin and religion as a proxy for criminal suspicion, in violation of international treaties to which it is party. The clear alternative is for law enforcement to focus on actual criminal behavior rather than characteristics such as race, religion, ethnicity, or nationality.
A staggering number of people

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ever notice when there is a serial killer on the lose there have racial profilers on the case and what do you know, there usually right. If whites are more prone to molest children then they should be profiled. Why argue it, get them off the street before they hurt more children. You don't think we profile Iraqis in the war over there, of course we do; be crazy not to. Some of my friends lived in rich areas when I was younger, and I got followed by the cops many times visiting. I'm white and I'm young so I'm prone to getting into trouble, which I did many times. We'd smoke some or maybe drink at a party and they would follow us for miles waiting for us to make a mistake to stop us. You know what, they were right because I was doing shit I wasn't supposed to. How do stereotypes come about? Do we just make them up? Why do so many of us laugh at stereotypes, maybe because there is a lot of truth to them. Is it possible? Let's be realistic and not so fuckin' sensitive about this. Another point is if we just obey the law we'll never have anything to worry about. Go ahead and pull me over; if I have done nothing wrong I could care less. Just waste the cops time and have fun with it...make him search your car for an hour with backup just to find nothing. But we want excitement in our lives which is why we break the law. If you do it you have to be prepared for the possible outcome. [patriot]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com