Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it you or racial profiling??????????? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Is it you or racial profiling???????????
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is not aimed at anyone, just small things I learned and change about myself to get ahead.

Do police really use profiling?
As a young Mexican growing up in East San Jose, when I was 17~20 I got pulled over probably 15 times. I got a ticket 3 of those times. Was it profiling? At the time I certainly would have said yes but, it definitely wasn’t. It was police doing an awesome job. If you fit the profile you will be a suspect. You don’t want to be profiled don’t dress, walk, talk, or drive a car that begs to be pulled over.

In CA a gang member is someone who shares a color or a symbol, so if you are wearing clothes that look like something a gang member might wear don’t yell discrimination or it’s because I’m Mexican, black, Asian, ect…. It is likely your hat, belt, bandana, shoes, or one color outfit.

You walk with a gangster lean or like you’re the biggest person on earth, you are now a suspect because many peace officers know that’s the gangster walk.

You talk to a peace officer like you are speaking to one of your “homies” bro…. You will certainly be profiled. I use slang words too, but there is a time and place for everything and in front of a peace officer, judge, or a job interview are not the right time.

You drive a nice 5.0? Well, be aware that tinted windows in the driver/passenger side are an excuse for any officer to pull you over regardless of how virtuous and innocent you are. Driving erratically and using off road x-pipes are going make you subject to being pulled over too. What about broken lights and missing front plates. If you get pulled over it is not racial profiling it’s your car or the way you look.

It’s not racial profiling, stop blaming your woes on your race. Embrace your race and stop saying it handicaps you.

If you think you are being singled out because of your race you need to re-evaluate or reinvent yourself to appear more fruitful because you live in a democratic society where you will be judged by the way you carry yourself. This includes dress, speak, and behave. This is the advice I would give teenagers on probation when I taught juvenile law for my internship. Out of a class of 15 in the beginning of the semester 6 were left and the majority went back to formal juvenile hall. This is change you can believe in.

Comments are welcomed!

[ July 30, 2009, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
This is not aimed at anyone, just small things I learned and change about myself to get ahead.

As a young Mexican growing up in East San Jose, when I was 17~20 I got pulled over probably 15 times. I got a ticket 3 of those times. Was it profiling? At the time I certainly would have said yes but, it definitely wasn’t. It was police doing an awesome job. If you fit the profile you will be a suspect. You don’t want to be profiled don’t dress, walk, talk, or drive a car that begs to be pulled over.

In CA a gang member is someone who shares a color or a symbol, so if you are wearing clothes that look like something a gang member might wear don’t yell discrimination or it’s because I’m Mexican, black, Asian, ect…. It is likely your hat, belt, bandana, shoes, or one color outfit.

You walk with a gangster lean or like you’re the biggest person on earth, you are now a suspect because many peace officers know that’s the gangster walk.

You talk to a peace officer like you are speaking to one of your “homies” bro…. You will certainly be profiled. I use slang words too, but there is a time and place for everything and in front of a peace officer, judge, or a job interview are not the right time.

You drive a nice 5.0? Well, be aware that tinted windows in the driver/passenger side are an excuse for any officer to pull you over regardless of how virtuous and innocent you are. Driving erratically and using off road x-pipes are going make you subject to being pulled over too. What about broken lights and missing front plates. If you get pulled over it is not racial profiling it’s your car or the way you look.

It’s not racial profiling, stop blaming your woes on your race. Embrace your race and stop saying it handicaps you.

If you think you are being singled out because of your race you need to re-evaluate or reinvent yourself to appear more fruitful in our democratic society where you will be judged by the way you carry yourself. This includes dress, speak, and behave. This is the advice I would give teenagers on probation when I taught juvenile law for my internship. Out of a class of 15 in the beginning of the semester 6 were left and the majority went back to formal juvenile hall. This is change you can believe in.

Comments are welcomed!

+1

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow so much I wanna say, but this thread will end up with slurs being hurled and names being called.
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If you think you are being singled out because of your race you need to re-evaluate or reinvent yourself to appear more fruitful because you live in a democratic society where you will be judged by the way you carry yourself. This includes dress, speak, and behave. This is the advice I would give teenagers on probation when I taught juvenile law for my internship. Out of a class of 15 in the beginning of the semester 6 were left and the majority went back to formal juvenile hall. This is change you can believe in.

Comments are welcomed!

wow all i can say is, you have definitely been brain washed in to believing that cops are above the law!
see what i mean guys, this is the kinda shit that the po pos teach in the training!
this guy is like woa!
punk ass crooked ass cop!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
wow so much I wanna say, but this thread will end up with slurs being hurled and names being called.

+1

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats right. Either become part of the dominant group and succome to their societal norms or you deserved to be pulled over and singled out. Forget about your socio economic, cultural or geographic factors that make you more prone to certain ways of dress or talk. [Roll Eyes] profiling is profiling regardless if its based on your skin color, dress or car u drive.

One of the things I learned in my CJ classes is that probable cause and reasonable suspicion to stop, detain, question or arrest someone is not based on physical discriptors alone. A good officer who doesn't want to be in court constantly getting sued will conduct his/her police work in a manner that shows there was more for a stop than "baggy clothes" or "he was driving a 5.0". I hope every officer holds themselves to a higher standard than the "profiling" you described. I know I will [patriot]

[ July 30, 2009, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If you fit the profile you will be a suspect. You don’t want to be profiled don’t dress, walk, talk, or drive a car that begs to be pulled over.

yes they do! suspect of what, minding my own business? so wait what your saying is, my U.S.A. given right to express my self will be violated because some board ass cop just feels the need to hastle me and hes gunna use one of those lame ass excusses?

sooooooooooooo if its something that a cop would never do then im in the rong basically?
the colors of my clothes dont make me a gang member, where do you get your info from.......1980?

so if i walk with confidence (commonly misunderstood as the tuffest guy on the block walk) im a suspect? a suspect to what...........stealing peoples confidence?

you know what, im never gunna give respect to some pig that thinks he can talk to me any way he wants because of a peice of tin!
they can profile my language any time they want, but know this im never talking to a PUNK like hes my homie!

If you get pulled over it is not racial profiling it’s your car or the way you look.
may not be racial but its definitely a form of profiling!

If you think you are being singled out because of your race you need to re-evaluate or reinvent yourself to appear more fruitful because you live in a democratic society where you will be judged by the way you carry yourself. This includes dress, speak, and behave.

what democratic society do you live in? basicaly your a ratard! you dont have a clue wtf youre talking about! why did you even post this? you have now just labeld your self as the cop on cafords that is just here to catch people up! take your bullshit elseware you SNITCH!

[ July 30, 2009, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

[ July 30, 2009, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
If you fit the profile you will be a suspect. You don’t want to be profiled don’t dress, walk, talk, or drive a car that begs to be pulled over.

yes they do! suspect of what, minding my own business? so wait what your saying is, my U.S.A. given right to express my self will be violated because some board ass cop just feels the need to hastle me and hes gunna use one of those lame ass excusses?

sooooooooooooo if its something that a cop would never do then im in the rong basically?
the colors of my clothes dont make me a gang member, where do you get your info from.......1980?

so if i walk with confidence (commonly misunderstood as the tuffest guy on the block walk) im a suspect? a suspect to what...........stealing peoples confidence?

you know what, im never gunna give respect to some pig that thinks he can talk to me any way he wants because of a peice of tin!
they can profile my language any time they want, but know this im never talking to a PUNK like hes my homie!

If you get pulled over it is not racial profiling it’s your car or the way you look.
may not be racial but its definitely a form of profiling!

If you think you are being singled out because of your race you need to re-evaluate or reinvent yourself to appear more fruitful because you live in a democratic society where you will be judged by the way you carry yourself. This includes dress, speak, and behave.

what democratic society do you live in? basicaly your a ratard! you dont have a clue wtf youre talking about! why did you even post this? you have now just labeld your self as the cop on cafords that is just here to catch people up! take your bullshit elseware you SNITCH!

WOW I agree 100% w/fr5.0

[ July 30, 2009, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: 91fox ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with fr.50 [Wink]

[ July 30, 2009, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Bigjerry916 ]

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not a peace officer, but work in a good place for now (Cisco Systems). I do plan on going back to school for my teaching credentials or an MS in Justice Studies...Scary

I knew many would think what I wrote is something a sell out or a cop would think. The truth is racial profiling is needed. Yeah, I said it. Suspects are targeted when they meet the profile of someone they are looking for otherwise police officers would be like headless chickens.

I never said change who you are, just who you are depending on the setting. When I would go take notes in court for certain courses the people that you see in line to get in are often times dressed down. I would see people in sweats or in tall tees waiting in line then appear in front of a Judge for a criminal judgement (not a good idea). I listen to my Chalino Sanchez and use street talk, but like I said time and place for everything. Some people just expect society to adapt to how they are, when you are part of a society not the other way around. So, If I adjust my behavior and manorisms depending on the enviornment then I am a happy dumbass, ignorant, sell out..... [patriot]

Regards,
bigchelis

[ July 30, 2009, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
I am not a peace officer, but work in a good place for now (Cisco Systems). I do plan on going back to school for my teaching credentials or an MS in Justice Studies...Scary

I knew many would think what I wrote is something a sell out or a cop would think. The truth is racial profiling is needed. Yeah, I said it. Suspects are targeted when they meet the profile of someone they are looking for otherwise police officers would be like headless chickens.

I never said change who you are, just who you are depending on the setting. When I would go take notes in court for certain courses the people that you see in line to get in are often times dressed down. I would see people in sweats or in tall tees waiting in line then appear in front of a Judge for a criminal judgement (not a good idea). I listen to my Chalino Sanchez and use street talk, but like I said time and place for everything. Some people just expect society to adapt to how they are, when you are part of a society not the other way around. So, If I adjust my behavior and manorisms depending on the enviornment then I am a happy dumbass, ignorant, sell out..... [patriot]

Regards,
bigchelis

PUNK ASS CROOKED ASS COP!!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
I agree with kelly I mean fr.50 [Wink]

+2
That was the most intelligent phrase I have ever heard. [worship]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
I agree with kelly I mean fr.50 [Wink]

+2
That was the most intelligent phrase I have ever heard. [worship]

why because he knows my name?

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This topic has already been addressed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfQevjpf_g

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
The truth is racial profiling is needed. Yeah, I said it. Suspects are targeted when they meet the profile of someone they are looking for otherwise police officers would be like headless chickens.

ummmmmmmmm wtf i guess i didnt see this the first time!!!!
N8 is gunna love this!
you are F#$KING ignorent!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
This topic has already been addressed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfQevjpf_g

lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
The truth is racial profiling is needed. Yeah, I said it. Suspects are targeted when they meet the profile of someone they are looking for otherwise police officers would be like headless chickens.

ummmmmmmmm wtf i guess i didnt see this the first time!!!!
N8 is gunna love this!
you are F#$KING ignorent!!!!!!!!!

N8 is staying the hell out of this one.
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1990Silver5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

+1
+2

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

for those of you that wont say anything, i only got one thing to say to yall
 -

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Racial profiling or not, if you act a fool at the wrong place at the wrong time, you deserve to get stopped by the cops. Only dumbasses would continue to act like thugs in front of the cops...and these types of people really aren't needed in our society.

I'm not siding with bigchellis or fr5.0 but I'm just stating my point [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Tashas_c0upe
¯
Member # 8969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tashas_c0upe  Ford pictures for Tashas_c0upe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Comments are welcomed!

DO I SMELL BACON
[Big Grin]

--------------------
SALVAGE CAR'S ARE LIKE GURL'S WITH AIDS I PASS EM UP

Posts: 723 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres a good Video for this Topic on profiling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBPaenkxdg

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just remember.... Every trafic stop, could be his last. Cops know this by they still pull you over for illegaly tinted windows, loud music, long tubes with no cats and one chambers [Wink] .....

Just remember all the shit they deal with on a day to day basis. Not saying that some cops ( a small portion ) do some dirty stuff. The majority of them are good guys... I can tell you that the cops that were shot in Oakland doing a trafic stop... Led to the death of good cops... If you don't believe me look up each one of there bio's and some of you might feel differently

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F*K SJPD. I don't care what you say. Those fags over there are nothing but raciest ass cops. I just got pulled over thursday for not doing ANYTHING wrong(in a honda accord). They pulled me out search me and my car. When I asked why they were searching me they quickly said if I don't want to be searched to just tell them. So I told them to stop and they did. They then said they were sorry and they thought i was someone else. WOW!!!! They are gay! [Mad] [Mad]

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com