Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it you or racial profiling??????????? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Is it you or racial profiling???????????
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
http://townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2009/07/28/a_post-racial_president

Yep Obama is racist and will probably go down as the worst President since Jimmy Carter.
Sorry, Bush has the championship belt. Even if Obama tries to fail; Bush has the EPIC FAIL championship belt [Big Grin]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
STANGSALLY76
¯
Member # 5342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGSALLY76  Ford pictures for STANGSALLY76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all i need to say about this whole post
is fuck the police aleast 99% of them
they are nothing but first responders when
you need them they are never there and
when you dont there in your life trying
to make that revenue cops, da, judges, the
state all can fuckin eat me end of story [Mad]

[ July 31, 2009, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: STANGSALLY76 ]

--------------------
92 LX deep into the 10's on the motor with street tires coming soon
its just a little small block

Posts: 1133 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
The truth is racial profiling is needed. Yeah, I said it. Suspects are targeted when they meet the profile of someone they are looking for otherwise police officers would be like headless chickens.

ummmmmmmmm wtf i guess i didnt see this the first time!!!!
N8 is gunna love this!
you are F#$KING ignorent!!!!!!!!!

N8 is staying the hell out of this one.
hahaha smart man these threads always lead to nothing

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"fuck the cops that are out for the power trip and the ones who are just plain assholes..respect the ones who acually to the right job"..i also hate seein cops on there cellphones driving..lol..btw it is impossible to go thru a day without breaking some sort of law..i dont care what you say the system works against us

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
I have been a Police Officer for about 14 years now. Hardest freakin job in the world IMHO. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Flip side to everything you do in the job. It's not just about writing tickets. So much more. You have to be a social worker, doctor, mental health prof., lawyer, child care giver, parent, the list goes on. People don't like me just because I wear blue. Seriously, does anyone ever have any positive contacts with police. Usually not. If it's not for getting a citation, it's because someone broke the law or is doing something wrong. This usually leads to someone going to jail. No one wants to go to jail. We are not miracle workers but are expected to be. victims want results. Suspects want not to get caught.

I like helping people, I like catching the bad guy, and even preventing crime by just remaining visible. I like to think I am fair and treat everyone the same. I can be an ass though if it helps get through to someone.

I don't know how many times I have been told by a suspect that the only reason I stopped them was because of their race. Never because I saw them speeding, smoking dope, drinking in public, driving while intoxicated, blah blah blah. It has gotten tired. Whatever, I'm still professional.

My cop buddies and I don't sit around and plot how many blacks, hispanics, asians, indians, somoans we are going to stop and jam up.

Comming up as a kid, I had been spanked by the police. Several times for dumb kid stuff. Couple time for not doing anything wrong other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I have had my share of tickets, all but one deserved. The one I probably didn't deserve was after I got lippy. Talked myself right into that one.

I was arrested and booked for drinking in public when I was 20. I never did dope, robbed anyone, hurt anyone, did any felony, hustled anyone.

I certainly can't place my feet in anyone elses shoes who has had different experiences. With that said, I see the hate in peoples eyes when I am in uniform. However, I deal with it and it is left at work. My only goal is to go home safe every nite. Very hard to do in this line of work. Seems a lot of asshats out there want to hurt me.

I don't recommend this line of work for anyone. If I could do it all over, I would be a Chiropractor. Mine has a lot of nice cars. [Wink]

95% of the time cops act like dicks to people that dont deserve it!
you must have grown up in an easer time, cops are so much beter than civilians now a days!
when i get home from my regular job where i make my regular pay to pay your extreem salary so you can extend your gold hand with a ticket that snatches the rest of my pay check for something as petty as a front license plate violation, ill post more towards you because id love to hear your side of the story. [Eek!]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
"fuck the cops that are out for the power trip and the ones who are just plain assholes..respect the ones who acually to the right job"..i also hate seein cops on there cellphones driving..lol..btw it is impossible to go thru a day without breaking some sort of law..i dont care what you say the system works against us

did u know if u spit on the ground u just broke the law? real talk lol

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WoW!!! Very interesting thread!! Some of these comments our so way off, Its not even worth trying to help them!! Racial profiling is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said [Eek!]

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^^Racial^^^^^^ [Big Grin]
everytime i see spider hes like u cracka...... [Mad] [Mad]
yes u [worship] 2me

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:

Emergency services are exempt for the cell phone law while in performance of their duties. Says so in the section. 23123 v.c. I would agree though, I have a hard time writing anyone a ticket to anyone for that if I'm doing the same thing. But at the same time it is no different than using the police radio. A lot of multitasking goes into driving these patrol cars. Phone is a necessary evil. I use it as little as possible when working

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops do racial profile like a motha fuc** do you know how many times ive had people i know call the cops when they need help and when im there trying to help my family or friends they come to me first guns drawn and put me in cuffs if i was the criminal why would i just be waiting for you to arrive officer. Cops pulled me over just for having the top down in my mustang before. Officer may i ask why u pulled me over? Yeah because u have dual exhaust. Would you like to check under my car for smog equipment? No i just want to check your license and registration. He followed me back into my apartment complex and i had commited no crime. And they wonder why people in the community dont respect em recently got pulled over and my boy asked opd how u like the job . cop says its a job thats it. I told him get on your job catch these murder suspects instead of pulling me over for nothing gave me my paper work back with no ticket.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does a thread about racial profiling turn into "fukk the police"?!?

Attitude is everything. Whatever you get out of a situation is what you put into it. Act like a hardass, ANYONE will do the same right back to you...

Change your outlook on life and your direction will change as well.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

Attitude is everything. Whatever you get out of a situation is what you put into it. Act like a hardass, ANYONE will do the same right back to you...

. +1 ..Enuff said..

[ July 31, 2009, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: 91silverbullet ]

Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I changed my outlook on life years ago any one who speaks to me in person can get that right off the bat but because of my appearance i get judged aka racial profiling. Cops have told me straight up your latin and have a mustang so we took the time to pull you over and add to the statistics. Ive told them in response whatever happened to human rights they tell me you have just lost them thats when i learned to shut my mouth and say yes officer instead of arguing its different i pay taxes and work my ass off daily but i am still just a quota for the police.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

Attitude is definetly everything but it doesn't do anything for you when the officer that pulls you over already has a f*ked up attitude.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I changed my outlook on life years ago any one who speaks to me in person can get that right off the bat but because of my appearance i get judged aka racial profiling. Cops have told me straight up your latin and have a mustang so we took the time to pull you over and add to the statistics. Ive told them in response whatever happened to human rights they tell me you have just lost them thats when i learned to shut my mouth and say yes officer instead of arguing its different i pay taxes and work my ass off daily but i am still just a quota for the police.

It is a really unfortunate situation that you keep getting singled out.

You know the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover". It is a novel concept, but not always true. I give everyone the benefit of a doubt, but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

While training for several sales jobs and sales seminars I keept hearing the same concept which is: Most people judge someone based on appearance alone in the first 3 seconds. Then if you speak, your first couple words complete the analysis of who we are or appear to be. I personally assume police officer or potential employers will asses me this way, but I also know that certain people will never approve or respect who I am regardless of how I look or talk.

bigchelis

[ July 31, 2009, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a REAL STUDY, people can't really blame the cops for racial pull overs etc etc, because those are the ones that commit the most crimes read this like i said this is a real study,

Second, Expanded Edition
Major Findings
• Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.
Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,
and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely
than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and
Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of
the population that is black and Hispanic.
Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving
blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive
percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are
Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are
black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against
a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.
Gangs
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs.
Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
Incarceration
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139
to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39
million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely.

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I DO BELIVE SOME COPS ARE ON A POWER TRIP AND SOME ARE GOOD GUYS AND ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE AN OFFICER.2 MY BOYS ARE COPS SFPD AND OAKLAND PD FROM EXPERIENCE I DO BELIEVE THAT THEY PROFILE YOU BY THE WAY U DRESS OR LOOK,I NEVER GET PULLED OVER WHEN IM IN MY WORK CLOTHES(SLACKS,COLLAR SHIRT)BUT WHEN IM DRESSED IN MY REGULAR CLOTHES I GET PULLED OVER AT LEAST TWICE A MONTH BECAUSE I LOOK SUSPICIOUS AND MY TATTOOS ARE EXPOSED.WHY IS THE QUESTION AFTER "LICENSE AND REGITRATION" ALLWAYS "CAN I SEARCH YOUR CAR" THEY NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT MY FRONT TINTED WINDOWS AND ALLWAYS LET GO WITH NO TICKET. I GOT PULLED OVER FOR REAR BRAKE LIGHT BEING OUT A COUPLE TIMES AFTER I HAD JUST FIXED IT I GOT OUT OF MY CAR ALMOST HAD WEAPON DRAWN BUT I PROVED TO THE COP THAT PULLED ME OVER THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG AND STILL WANTED TO SEARCH MY VEHICLE.I REFUSED HAD THE CAPTAIN COME OUT AND WAS LET GO AND I BELIEVE COP NO LONGER WORKS FOR RWC POLICE.

I ALSO BELIEVE IT HAS TO DO A LOT WITH WHERE U LIVE. WE HAVE A POKER GAME UP IN THE HILLS PEOPLE SMOKING GREEN A COP CAME OUT BECAUSE OF A NEIGHBOR COMPLAING OF THE NOISE HE SAW A GUY WITH A J IN HIS HAND AND JUST SAID IF U GONNA SMOKE THAT TAKE IT INSIDE AND SAID NO NOISE AFTER 10 AND LEFT BUT IF THIS WAS AT MY HOUSE (FLAT LAND)I THINK THE OUTCOME WOULDVE BEEN DIFFERENT,MAYBE A COUPLE ARRESTS OR CITATIONS.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kennebellgt:
This is a REAL STUDY, people can't really blame the cops for racial pull overs etc etc, because those are the ones that commit the most crimes read this like i said this is a real study,

Quote the source playa. Also you must realize using stats out of context is not validation of ones point.

[ July 31, 2009, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to wonder after reading this shit if FR5.0 is this way in person. I seriously doubt it. I think on these threads we get a whole lot of Keyboard warriors not just FR5.0.

JMO I have met a lot of CA Ford members and most of them are hella cool and respectful in person.

I wouldn't want to be a cop, how could you not profile just a little. I am white if I pulled over some white tated out skin head in a blazer. I would not start shit but I would certainly watch my back because they are most likley packing a weapon. Possibly have alchohal and drugs most likly a warrant. Same goes if I pulled over a car load of people all wearing the same color bandanas and clothes. I would not start shit but I would certainly watch my back.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Quote the source playa. Also you must realize using stats out of context is not validation of ones point.
this was a study done by uc berekly and they came up with the accurate stats with police reports on different races and than coming up with that total. also it is a point to get across, the point is that blacks and latinos always complain about cops coming down on them when they commit the most crimes, its not because of there race but because of what the majority of their races do to commit these crimes and the rest of the innocent blacks and latinos have to suffer for it also which is wrong, punish the guilty ones that do these crimes, not the innocent. all races commit crimes but other races do it more than others which causes all of this, and its not as bad as these races make it out to be.

[ July 31, 2009, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: kennebellgt ]

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I have to wonder after reading this shit if FR5.0 is this way in person. I seriously doubt it. I think on these threads we get a whole lot of Keyboard warriors not just FR5.0.

JMO I have met a lot of CA Ford members and most of them are hella cool and respectful in person.

im as real as they come bro, ask around on the forum!
this whole forum is my past time and you are all dorks to me lol mainly 50deep, dj epic, 50daddy, bigjerry916, kennybellgt, and a whole bunch of other dorky mofos moral of the story..............your dorks!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet, because I feel most of you are douche bags so I am not alone lol.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

this was a study done by uc berekly and they came up with the accurate stats with police reports on different races and than coming up with that total. also it is a point to get across, the point is that blacks and latinos always complain about cops coming down on them when they commit the most crimes, its not because of there race but because of what the majority of their races do to commit these crimes and the rest of the innocent blacks and latinos have to suffer for it also which is wrong, punish the guilty ones that do these crimes, not the innocent. all races commit crimes but other races do it more than others which causes all of this, and its not as bad as these races make it out to be.
I could clarify your statement with some other facts. But.... I will not to remain out of this one. I was just hoping you would link to the actual study.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Racial profiling or not, if you act a fool at the wrong place at the wrong time, you deserve to get stopped by the cops. Only dumbasses would continue to act like thugs in front of the cops...and these types of people really aren't needed in our society.

I'm not siding with bigchellis or fr5.0 but I'm just stating my point [patriot]

+1

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

N8 like it or not I have seen these numbers before. It may have to do more with were you grew up then your color, but all you have to do is go check out a CA prison. or check some records.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com