Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3 vs. XBox 360 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PS3 vs. XBox 360
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Well if you think it sucks ass after Gears of War your on crack and are definately the minority. That game especially has been given rave reviews.

Here are some videos of Ghost Recon AW2 on the Xbox 360 looks bad ass!
SAVE AS

Another video..
SAVE AS

Here is Gears on my 60" Sony SXRD... [worship]
 -

I've been meaning to ask you something.

I see you have ur 360 hooked-up to the HD connection, right? So my question is how do you hookup the 360 when my cable box is already using the HD connections on my TV? [Confused]

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

My TV has has 4 HD inputs, 2 HDMI and 2 Component HD inputs. My Satellite is attached to the HDMI and the Xbox is attached to one of the component inputs.

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
New maps for Gears of War free to download. See link.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164039.html

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gears of war... effin awesome!

I can't wait to pick up lost planet tomorrow! the demo kicked ass!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
03SVT
¯
Member # 5987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVT  Ford pictures for 03SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
X BOX 360 is better. Only reason to get a PS3 is for the blu ray. But when Gran Turismo comes out who knows but I heard FORZA Motorsports is better.

--------------------
03 Cobra (wife), 06 G35 Coupe (sold), 07 TBSS (mistress), 07 F150 Harley Davidson (girlfriend) 08 BMW M5 (side chick),

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well if you think it sucks ass after Gears of War your on crack and are definately the minority. That game especially has been given rave reviews.

SAVE AS

Another video..
SAVE AS

-

I see you have ur 360 hooked-up to the HD connection, right? So my question is how do you hookup the 360 when my cable box is already using the HD connections on my TV? [Confused]

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

My TV has has 4 HD inputs, 2 HDMI and 2 Component HD inputs. My Satellite is attached to the HDMI and the Xbox is attached to one of the component inputs.
Very Cool Tv [Cool] [worship]

I have a sony 61" XBR but it doesn't look nearly as good as your does. Is yours a rear projection or flat panel?

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

SAVE AS

Another video..
SAVE AS

-

You need to put up some pics when your using the chainsaw on someone!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

SAVE AS

Another video..
SAVE AS

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Very Cool Tv [Cool] [worship]

I have a sony 61" XBR but it doesn't look nearly as good as your does. Is yours a rear projection or flat panel?

Rear projection.

--------------------
KB '01 GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
The 360 sucks ass, I was planing on buying one untill I played my friends 360 on his 42" Plasma. I played all the games, Gears of War, Fight Night, NHL 2007, a ton more games. I was not impressed at all, people have been talking about it like it is the holy grail of consoles. Only thing left to do is to play PS3 and see which is better for myself.

http://bestof.ign.com/2006/overall/1.html
http://bestof.ign.com/2006/overall/21.html
http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTI1MSwxLCxoY29uc29sZQ==

[ January 13, 2007, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
The 360 sucks ass, I was planing on buying one untill I played my friends 360 on his 42" Plasma. I played all the games, Gears of War, Fight Night, NHL 2007, a ton more games. I was not impressed at all, people have been talking about it like it is the holy grail of consoles. Only thing left to do is to play PS3 and see which is better for myself.

http://bestof.ign.com/2006/overall/1.html
http://bestof.ign.com/2006/overall/21.html

Good point TrueBlue!

5.0Caliber...
IMO, if you are basing what console you are gonna buy/support only on graphics... you will wind up bored as hell. A game could have the best damned graphics ever... but play like crap.

Look at most of the PS3 launch games!!! Several looked great, but reviewers and hands on play will tell you they were lacking in the -gameplay- department! It's like having a supermodel come over to spend the night, and then only to find out she's broken down there... LET DOWN!

Dont get me wrong.. I'll get a PS3... when the games are there in terms of graphics and gameplay!

Each console will have its ups and downs, true... but in the end, you are playing the GAMES (regardless of how they look) not the console's ability to render graphics.

Have you even played a Wii? Zelda is a effing blast! Excite truck is so damned fun! Sure, the graphics wont make you crap yourself on your 2 million inch HDTV, but the playability of the games are the entire point of the console!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, I broke down and purchased the PS3. The good and the bad.

Good: The online play has been great. Not only can you play online with a lot of people, but there has been little to no lag such as my pc with about 40 people online (Resistanc:Fall of Man). Fight Night 3 is very nice online as well. You can fight other people and chat with them using any Blue Tooth capable ear piece (you don't have to buy some earpiece that is required like some consoles). I also downloaded a ton of things from their online store, including demos, mini games, Blue Ray Trailers etc. and it was all free. I also went online with their browser and added a few sites on my favorites, such as CAFORDS. The controller is neat too. I got the PS3 about four days ago and I have been playing it nonstop and I only had to charge once. The cool thing about that is you can play while it is charging.

The BAD: Not enough games out yet. I have two pretty good games, Fight Night Round 3 and Resisstance: Fall of Man. I might get a basketball game, but those seem to be all the same. Not much else out yet and a lot of releases keep getting pushed out. I can't wait for KILLZONE. I also tried to get another controller, but every where I go seems to be sold out.

Other than that, a pretty good console. If I had a blue tooth keyboard and mouse, I wouldn't really need the pc much. You can surf the internet just fine, and it looks good on my Sony 46" LCD. By the way, Best Buy in Roseville by the Galleria Mall has plenty in stock. The guys said he just received about 125 out of the blue. My advice if you are thinking about getting the PS3 is to get it.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
Ok, I broke down and purchased the PS3. The good and the bad.

Good: The online play has been great. Not only can you play online with a lot of people, but there has been little to no lag such as my pc with about 40 people online (Resistanc:Fall of Man). Fight Night 3 is very nice online as well. You can fight other people and chat with them using any Blue Tooth capable ear piece (you don't have to buy some earpiece that is required like some consoles). I also downloaded a ton of things from their online store, including demos, mini games, Blue Ray Trailers etc. and it was all free. I also went online with their browser and added a few sites on my favorites, such as CAFORDS. The controller is neat too. I got the PS3 about four days ago and I have been playing it nonstop and I only had to charge once. The cool thing about that is you can play while it is charging.

The BAD: Not enough games out yet. I have two pretty good games, Fight Night Round 3 and Resisstance: Fall of Man. I might get a basketball game, but those seem to be all the same. Not much else out yet and a lot of releases keep getting pushed out. I can't wait for KILLZONE. I also tried to get another controller, but every where I go seems to be sold out.

Other than that, a pretty good console. If I had a blue tooth keyboard and mouse, I wouldn't really need the pc much. You can surf the internet just fine, and it looks good on my Sony 46" LCD. By the way, Best Buy in Roseville by the Galleria Mall has plenty in stock. The guys said he just received about 125 out of the blue. My advice if you are thinking about getting the PS3 is to get it.

Do you have an Xbox360 also?

[ January 23, 2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you watched any of the bluray dvds on it?

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by Lilghoust:
have you watched any of the bluray dvds on it?

No, but I have downloaded the blu ray movie trailers in full HD 1080P and they look really good

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com