Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3 vs. XBox 360 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PS3 vs. XBox 360
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, there is a lot of talk between which is better. Shopping for one is not easy. I have spent too much time on researching the FACTS and I have come to the conclusion that there are a few minor differences in appearance, graphics, and performance. See the link for details. http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/buyingguides/Playstation3vsXbox360.php
People tend to try and pursuade others with their own opinions. Some are XBOX fans and some are Playstation fans.
After playing GEARS OF WAR for many hours online with my brother, I am hooked.
XBOX live has many options that the PS3 does not offer. For instance chatting, or instant messaging, or voice mail, all which aren't available on the PS3. You can only communicate once in the game.
However, I did see many online games that have up to 32 players at one time with the PS3, and that is something that I like, massive online play. And when I saw the article about Killzone, I have to get it. It is costing them more than some movies cost to make, in the millions. Not to say it wont be a flop, but look at the link for yourself. Nice little taste of the video demo.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/news.html?sid=6162365.
In conclusion, I will not let people persuade me with their simple opinions. After playing both and looking up a few of the games, I have decided that I will most likely get both. After all, it's about the game that is on the console and since Halo 3 might only be on XBOX and KillZone only on PS3, then I need both. lol. I will just have to save a bit for the PS3, but wont be a problem since the good games aren't even out yet.
P.S. sorry if this is a subject that has already been done.

[ January 02, 2007, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: 95GTConvtACE ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:

In conclusion, I will not let people persuade me with their simple opinions. After playing both and looking up a few of the games, I have decided that I will most likely get both.

[worship] Thats what I did. I got both. I do enjoy my 360 more tho and games look better on it at the moment. But I am waiting for God of Waar 3 on ps3. That may revive ps3.

No matter how you cut it you will miss out on one thing or another by getting one over the other. The question is can you live without what you are missing.

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
quote:

In conclusion, I will not let people persuade me with their simple opinions. After playing both and looking up a few of the games, I have decided that I will most likely get both.

[worship] Thats what I did. I got both. I do enjoy my 360 more tho and games look better on it at the moment. But I am waiting for God of Waar 3 on ps3. That may revive ps3.

No matter how you cut it you will miss out on one thing or another by getting one over the other. The question is can you live without what you are missing.

Very true. [patriot]
And I always have my computer for the other games. Maybe I should spend more time with my girlfriend, nah...lol

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hardware-wise X-Box 360 blows the PS3 away IMO. This article helped me decide. I'm hook on fight night plus the new test drive is gonna kick ass.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Halo should make this a no brainer. LOL! [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
xbox 1 was doing it since halo 2 hit live. Once that started 360 took over from there. Halo 3 should be the ps3 killer.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot GEARS of WAR too...

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Halo should make this a no brainer. LOL! [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

I'm thinking of buying a 360 just because of halo3
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
microsoft has better warranty service.a friend of mine got the ring of death on his 360 called microsoft.sent it out, within a week and a half he had a new one.sony always tries to bone the consumer.and even if they didnt they are overseas so it would take longer.my 2 cents.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

XBOX live has many options that the PS3 does not offer. For instance chatting, or instant messaging, or voice mail, all which aren't available on the PS3. You can only communicate once in the game.

You can do it on the PS3, you just have to move back into your moms basement and have no life. [Razz]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You did it the best way man.... research and not listening to fanboys. I have a 360 and a Wii, I'll get a PS3 at some point too.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've played both and i still think that my PC blows away any graphics on either the xbox 360 or ps3. you can always upgrade a PC to keep up with better graphics and speed, whereas I don't see that happening with the gaming console systems. *it's pretty easy and cheap to build one too*
If I had to go with one though, it would be the 360. Better games imo, and xbox live is pretty cool. If you like massive online wars (stick with the PC). Nothing better than 50 on 50 combats [Smile]

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
i've played both and i still think that my PC blows away any graphics on either the xbox 360 or ps3. you can always upgrade a PC to keep up with better graphics and speed, whereas I don't see that happening with the gaming console systems. *it's pretty easy and cheap to build one too*
If I had to go with one though, it would be the 360. Better games imo, and xbox live is pretty cool. If you like massive online wars (stick with the PC). Nothing better than 50 on 50 combats [Smile]

I just built my PC and it cost me a little over $1,000 to make it and I think it might be a little bit more powerful than my X360. The only comaprison I have is GRAW for both. I still prefer playing on consoles the games feel....I don't know....more solid. A really good graphics card costs more than the Xbox360 itself.

[ January 02, 2007, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This isn't sounding good for Sony.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752823p1.html

--------------------
KB '01 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:

PC will always be better than console. Though that margin is getting smaller. Really cant compare the 2 (console and PC). Hell the new vid cards and AGP/PCI express technologies place computer games in another level alone.

But you cant beat consoles for the game feel. Not sure how to put it, but the console gaming just seems more natural. Although I still play CS and DoD

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Thanks for all the responses.

I wanted to take some time to respond to the responses. First off, Halo is a great game, no doubt. But if you like those types of games then KILLZONE 2 and Resistance: Fall Of Man should be great Competitors to this game. Once again, opinions. I would also purchase Halo 3, but I would get it for my PC since I like First Person Shooters better on the PC. Once again personal preference.
As far as the warranty goes. What if you were to purchase the PS3 at Costco. Don't they have a lifetime warranty on all of their electronics? If this is the case, XBOX 360 and PS3 are safe in that department.
Somebody stated that the Hardware is better on the XBOX 360. That is true and not true. First off, HARDWARE is a broad term. It can be defined in many different ways. Be careful on what you read, because people tend to throw their own OPINIONS in the articles. The article that was posted was at End of Quarter, which was before the Software companies that are making the good games got a hold of the PS3.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html The makers of Resistance, Gran Turismo HD, and WarHawk all say that there was a lot of things, such as the SPE's, that allow the games to do much more. XBox 360 has ATI and PS3 Nvidia.
Oh, as far as comparing to PC's it is like apples to oranges. Most consoles get dated as computers can be upgraded. If you want a great computer with a really good graphics card, it will cost a lot more than most consoles. The Sony executives, however, did appreciate all the previous consumers of the PS1, PS2, and PSP. This is why they made it compatible to all the previous systems. XBox 360 has a cool feature where it will upgrade the graphics in the games that do work for the system, such as Halo 2. If you have that game and a High Def. setup, pop the game in and enjoy in HD quality.
Finally, the games are what its all about. XBOX 360 has Halo which is a very impressive game and hard to beat. Did you guys forget Grand Theft Auto? GTA4 will be coming out in late 2007 and Gran Turismo looks impressive as well. Take a peek at some of the games they will be releasing for PS3.
http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=most_popular&platform=1028&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc
Keep in mind, both systems will have crappy games, because the software companies just want to make a quick buck or they have no business making games in the first place. But both systems will have games that you will not be able to live without, and I must have them all.

[ January 02, 2007, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: 95GTConvtACE ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Don't forget Gears of War that game is awesome!

--------------------
KB '01 GT

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will buy a PS3, and on of the major decisions is the Blu-Ray player.

Disney Fox and couple other major networks are only signed up with Blu-Ray. Where only Universal is exclusive to HD DVD only. at least that's what the tech nerds said on

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats odd the hd dvd sections are bigger than all the blu ray sections at all the stores in my area
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I will buy a PS3, and on of the major decisions is the Blu-Ray player.

Disney Fox and couple other major networks are only signed up with Blu-Ray. Where only Universal is exclusive to HD DVD only. at least that's what the tech nerds said on

I was thinking the same thing initially until I heard of the option to buy the HD DVD player separately for the XBox. The Blue Ray and HD DVD's are a whole other contraversey. I am curious to see which one wins so I can start investing in one or the other.

[ January 02, 2007, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: 95GTConvtACE ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

[ January 02, 2007, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: 95GTConvtACE ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought the Xbox 360 from Costco and love it. $510.02 out the door with a great warranty is much cheaper than the PS3. They even have a Gears of War bundle on Costco.com.

Gears of War multiplayer is so sick.

Xbox live Gold is awesome. It matches all your high scores and records to all your friends so you can compete if you have same games/achievements (Gamerscore). Also it also tells you when they are online and want to play with you. You can even play MP3's while playing AND talk to your friends via headset at the same time.

PS3 online is good but not great. What games are great for it? Resistance is okay but ain't nothing to Gears of War.

I would buy a 360 and save that $200 to buy Gears of War..

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
from what I have seen/read so far the quality is better on the hd player than the blue ray...due to some lingo that I don't completely understand also the hd dvd's are way out selling blu ray because the cost of the blu ray player and media is too expensive from little to no gain in quality of movies and what not. what has got me interested is hvd if you havent heard of it check this out

http://www.hvd-alliance.org/

it beats hd dvd and blu ray by a million miles...not coming out too soon though [patriot]

any way here are the current studios supporting each side

Blu-Ray
20th Century Fox
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Electronic Arts
MGM Studios
Paramount Pictures
Sony Pictures Entertainment
The Walt Disney Company
Vivendi Universal Games
Warner Bros.

HD DVD
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
New Line Cinema
Paramount Pictures
The Walt Disney Company
Universal Studios
Warner Bros.

they will all change anyway depending on who wins the battle [Big Grin]

[ January 02, 2007, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Platinum Pony ]

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Don't forget Gears of War that game is awesome!

it was ok, beat it in two days. im waiting for killzone. both systems need a game that has massive multiplayer with AIs not just online. oh yea the next Smash Brothers game is gonna be AWESOME!

[ January 02, 2007, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: 66backinblack ]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Blu-Ray has the storage advantage, but the playback and stuff like that HD-DVD has beat it out. Blu-Ray will be my choice for my server back-ups and imaging tho [worship]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com