Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3 vs. XBox 360 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PS3 vs. XBox 360
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Don't forget Gears of War that game is awesome!

it was ok, beat it in two days.
It's all about the multiplayer fo me.

I have the 360 HD-DVD add-on and the quality is awesome! Movies that are only for BluRay in the US can be purchased overseas as the distribution rights are different. I have just ordered Total Recall HD-DVD which is BluRay only in the U.S.

[ January 03, 2007, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Each platform console has it's pros and cons. Personally I bought a PS2 about 9 months after they had been out because I wanted to play the GTA series as well as the Metal Gear series which at that time were only available on the PS2.

Honestly lately I've been leaning towards the 360 due to Gears Of War and the next installment of Halo.

I haven't been playing anything other than SOCOM FTB II on PSP and other PSP games before bed.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 360 and i love it; gears of war is definitely the best game out there right now. i plan on getting a wii whenever i can get it easily in stores and i'll buy a ps3 when they finally have killer apps for it. imo, sony is gonna lose a lot of market share with the ps3. its just way too expensive for most people and titles that were once exclusive to sony will most likely be multi platform this time around. as for pc gaming, a pc will always be able to outperform any console. however, it seems like gaming companies and developers are less willing to contribute time to pc games and thus for the most part we see bad ports and buggy games (with a few exceptions).
JEs50
¯
Member # 5383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEs50  Ford pictures for JEs50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ps3 no good. Xbob 360 for the win. better yet the Wii looks amazing

--------------------
1990 GT w/
Everything

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JEs50:

Inovative controller yes, fun games...yes, but graphics don't look amazing.

This game comes out on the 12th for Xbox360, looks pretty good. VIDEO, SAVE AS

[ January 03, 2007, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

ur english no good, learn how to talk to win, and yes the Wii is amazing

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Wii is for kids and old people looking to get exercise while playing ridiculously basic puzzle games until arm cramps render them helpless. My 50-year old Auntie has one because it's so easy to use.

I'll give it up to Nintendo for making an innovative console but I think their gamebase is just the same shit. Mario, Zelda, basic sports = $$$$$$ crop.

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the mario bros saved gaming in the 80's, will always be one of the best kinda games ever(mario bros, smash brothers, mario cart etc...)

--------------------

JEs50
¯
Member # 5383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEs50  Ford pictures for JEs50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
quote:

ur english no good, learn how to talk to win, and yes the Wii is amazing
You are a jackass. You also need a lesson in english if you think ur = your. You also didn't capatalize anything. I am laughing astoundedly out loud. Thank you for being an ass though.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

it was a joke dude, i was imitating you. sorry, grammar has just always been a pet peev of mine. couldnt do a math problem to save my life though lol

--------------------

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol... last couple of comments are funny. its funny how people get all but hurt on the internet.

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 360 sucks ass, I was planing on buying one untill I played my friends 360 on his 42" Plasma. I played all the games, Gears of War, Fight Night, NHL 2007, a ton more games. I was not impressed at all, people have been talking about it like it is the holy grail of consoles. Only thing left to do is to play PS3 and see which is better for myself.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
The 360 sucks ass, I was planing on buying one untill I played my friends 360 on his 42" Plasma. I played all the games, Gears of War, Fight Night, NHL 2007, a ton more games. I was not impressed at all, people have been talking about it like it is the holy grail of consoles. Only thing left to do is to play PS3 and see which is better for myself.

thats what ive been saying. my brother has an xbox 360 and i was never really impressed by it either. personaly i would rather play a ps2 lol

--------------------

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats the problem with the 360 and the ps3. the games, given a few exceptions, are merely graphical upgrades and nothing more. the call of duty games, madden, etc., play pretty much the same as they did on the last gen consoles with the exception of looking better. however, over time the games will undoubtedly become better, look better, and play better. the ps2 and the original xbox didn't hit their respective stridse till a year or two into their run. in fact, i think this is why the nintendo wii is such a seller, it passed on providing drop dead gorgeous graphics and instead focused on innovating gameplay and the gaming experience.
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Well if you think it sucks ass after Gears of War your on crack and are definately the minority. That game especially has been given rave reviews.

Here are some videos of Ghost Recon AW2 on the Xbox 360 looks bad ass!
SAVE AS

Another video..
SAVE AS

Here is Gears on my 60" Sony SXRD... [worship]
 -

[ January 11, 2007, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

that looks so sick man. and gears of war was definitely on my list of exceptions to games that were merely graphical upgrades. blind fire alone makes the game so awesome.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To me, Gears of War just looks really bland. I have seen it on an HDTV and it just seems to lack color and depth. I had a 360 and not all games seem that way to me, just Gears. I have been playing the demo for Motorstorm on my PS3 and the graphics quality is unreal on that game.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

really!? compared to other console FPS's out there i think GOW looks amazing. maybe compared to half life 2 on a pc with all the graphical settings maxed out it may look bland, but compared to resistance, call of duty, i think it looks amazing. as for motorstorm, it looks cool, but the demo as far as gameplay goes sucks imo.

[ January 11, 2007, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: tonster ]

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe Gears of War lacks color since it's based ON THE END OF THE WORLD. Based on that, I have FPS's for awhile to notice that for a console game GOW definitely hangs with top-notch computer graphic-wise (but not speed wise).

When I imagine the end of the world I don't see striking fields of marigolds and luscious green rainforests, I think of broken buildings and smoldering bomb craters, etc. Which is what GOW is all about.

Also, a new map pack just came out via Xbox live from the developers of Gears of War just to enhance the multiplayer even more.

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Maybe Gears of War lacks color since it's based ON THE END OF THE WORLD.

When I imagine the end of the world I don't see striking fields of marigolds and luscious green rainforests, I think of broken buildings and smoldering bomb craters, etc. Which is what GOW is all about.

Exactly!

--------------------
KB '01 GT

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

somebody lock this thread, its going nowhere

--------------------

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well lemme bring it back from the dead.... x-box 360 has a ton of modz you can do to it hardware and software. check the vidz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6t47mtH-48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFbpdYZ4tQo

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

no i mean its just gonna go back and forth. "xbox sucks, no ps3 sucks, no xbox..."

--------------------

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

oh haha.. true true.. [patriot]

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Well if you think it sucks ass after Gears of War your on crack and are definately the minority. That game especially has been given rave reviews.

Here are some videos of Ghost Recon AW2 on the Xbox 360 looks bad ass!
SAVE AS

Another video..
SAVE AS

Here is Gears on my 60" Sony SXRD... [worship]
 -

I've been meaning to ask you something.

I see you have ur 360 hooked-up to the HD connection, right? So my question is how do you hookup the 360 when my cable box is already using the HD connections on my TV? [Confused]

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com