Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Barry Bonds (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Barry Bonds
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i still don't understand why teams aren't pitching to him more. they're scared of him like it was two years ago. sure he's still a big threat to go long, but he's easily lost a couple steps and his swing isn't as great as it used to be. i mean watch him swing today compared to two years ago and that left knee of his just buckles driving him off balanced and all sorts (hence why a lot of flyouts).
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
I can't wait for Barry to beat FN Fat A$$ Babe Ruth's record...

[Eek!] NEW FLASH [Eek!] , BABE RUTH DOES "NOT" HAVE A RECORD FOR HR'S [Roll Eyes]
Uh, thanx, there Einstien for enlightening me of that fact. Oooh ma GAAAAWWWDDD(flipping hair), all these years I thought that Baby Ruth had the most touchdowns...You know what I meant, Don. [Razz]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tonster:
i still don't understand why teams aren't pitching to him more. they're scared of him like it was two years ago. sure he's still a big threat to go long, but he's easily lost a couple steps and his swing isn't as great as it used to be. i mean watch him swing today compared to two years ago and that left knee of his just buckles driving him off balanced and all sorts (hence why a lot of flyouts).

The LEAGUE, the FN LEAGUE won't pitch to him 'cause they don't want him to have the record. He won't get Aaron's record now for sure. Even if he still could hit like before, the MAN would never allow it. Get used to all the walks, they're here to stay. It's a shame that we're watching one of the greatest hitters(if not THE greatest)of our time get walked time after time while approaching arguably the most highly regarded sports record...in any sport. I can't wait to see Barry's name up there at(at least number 2), without an FN * also. LOL [Big Grin]

edit: 98slowhoe, you could be right, for sure [patriot] . Bottom line is that he's swingin' a sheeeyat that he normally wouldn't. If he didn't swing at those "bad" pitches, he'd walk 4 times a game instead of only twice. He probably gets 1-2 pitches per AB that even resemble strikes [Roll Eyes]

[ May 12, 2006, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
You know what I meant, Don. [Razz]

[Wink] I do [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com