Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Barry Bonds (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Barry Bonds
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont realy like baseball i just wanted to be the 100th comment on this thing.........oh yeah...fuck berry

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there Sunday as well. It's little league day so all the kids (in the group) get to run the bases and spend some time way before the game with select players on the field.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I'll be there Sunday as well. It's little league day so all the kids (in the group) get to run the bases and spend some time way before the game with select players on the field.

I'll bet money they run faster than Barry [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I hope Bonds hits 3 homers the day you go...that would be sweet [Big Grin]

I plan on catching one of those 3 [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't look now, batting .267 with a double, single and a intentional walk tonight. Better jump on that bandwagon! [Eek!]
Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by quick99:
don't look now, batting .267 with a double, single and a intentional walk tonight. Better jump on that bandwagon! [Eek!]

And 4 rbi's!
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a lady today at the little league field say to me " did you hear MLB isnt going to do anything for Bonds when he passes ruth?" I said What did you expect them to do for second place? LMAO

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Here's a few pics I took of Barry today!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

And some of the stadium........

-
 -
 -

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 30, 2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pictures...Is barry throwing at the umps ass? check it out.

-
 -

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

LOL...I didn't notice that until now!!

I'm mad at myself. I jumped down to the front row before the game started and was yelling for Barry and turned around to point at my back cuz I was wearing his jersey. He was holding up a #1 for me and I was trying to take a pic, but I had the camera off and was fumbling around......and I missed it! [Mad]

Oh well...maybe if he plays tomorrow night, I'll get something better.

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
QUOTE]I'll bet money they run faster than Barry [Smile] [/QB]

Did you see him in the rundown between 3rd and home sunday? I'd bet money he's faster than most of the guys here. I think he just likes to limp a lot. [patriot]

edit: and of all the SF Giants to pick on for hitting I'd look at Matheny/Feliz/and even Durham first.

shit, at his worst he was still .500+ OBP

[ May 01, 2006, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: JoeT ]

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JoeT:
quote:
QUOTE]I'll bet money they run faster than Barry [Smile]

Did you see him in the rundown between 3rd and home sunday? I'd bet money he's faster than most of the guys here. I think he just likes to limp a lot. [patriot]

edit: and of all the SF Giants to pick on for hitting I'd look at Matheny/Feliz/and even Durham first.

shit, at his worst he was still .500+ OBP [/QB]

I did see the rundown. He looked like an old man caught between two young guys [Smile]

I don't knock Barry's hitting. I only knock his age. He looks bad at there right now. Hell, I stop what I am doing to watch every at bat he has. However, when he is in the field, I whince everytime I see him have to move. I also hate that he doesn't have enough in him to play a day game after a night game.

Honestly, I wish to see him get the record with the Giants, but he is better suited in the AL if he wants the record.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BONDS [patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I did see the rundown. He looked like an old man caught between two young guys [Smile]

From my perspective, he out-sprinted the 3rd baseman who was set to tag him after a couple of exchanges had already occured. Barry hasn't lost all his speed, IMHO.

In a dead sprint to 1st Barry would probably beat Matheny, Niekro, most of the pitchers... [Razz] that Shrek backup catcher guy [Cool] , probably a couple others.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JoeT:
In a dead sprint to 1st Barry would probably beat Matheny, Niekro, most of the pitchers... [Razz] that Shrek backup catcher guy [Cool] , probably a couple others.

[BS flag]

--------------------

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
#712 today.
Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by quick99:
#712 today.

[Whoo Whooooo!] [worship] [dance] [dance] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

I was there! I was supposed to be sitting in the 3rd deck today, but I snuck my way down before the game and sat in the 1st and 2nd row right near 3rd base....and sat there the whole game!! He hit the crap out of that one...440 ft. Here's some pics below of Bonds throughout the game....

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

1 for 10 this home trip and 5 FOR 28 THIS MONTH [Big Grin]

--------------------

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

...with like 658 walks...FN sorry a$$ league won't pitch to him. He's swingin' at pitches he normally wouldn't 'cause he's tryin' to give the fans what they want. He'd have 10-15 homers by now if the pu$$y A$$ league/pitchers would show half of 1 nut and challenge him...legitimatley. You can't tell me Barry's SUCH a threat that they won't pitch to him since he's only batting .240/5 homers...WHY THE F ARE THEY STILL PITCHIN' TO ALBERT PULJOS who's got 85 homers already and bating like .500 [Mad]

I'm not a Giants' fan, but this is a F'd up. I can't wait for Barry to beat FN Fat A$$ Babe Ruth's record...who NEVER,EVER played against any REAL competition mind you. Ok, I'm done [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:

...with like 658 walks...FN sorry a$$ league won't pitch to him. He's swingin' at pitches he normally wouldn't 'cause he's tryin' to give the fans what they want. He'd have 10-15 homers by now if the pu$$y A$$ league/pitchers would show half of 1 nut and challenge him...legitimatley. You can't tell me Barry's SUCH a threat that they won't pitch to him since he's only batting .240/5 homers...WHY THE F ARE THEY STILL PITCHIN' TO ALBERT PULJOS who's got 85 homers already and bating like .500 [Mad]

I'm not a Giants' fan, but this is a F'd up. I can't wait for Barry to beat FN Fat A$$ Babe Ruth's record...who NEVER,EVER played against any REAL competition mind you. Ok, I'm done [patriot]

I don't think he is tryingto give the fans what they want. I think he is swinging at crappy pitches cause thats all he gets. All he is trying to do is get some hits get on base and possibly score. I don't think he really cares about the home run record or passing Ruth. The guy wants a Ring!!!

As for Babe Ruth being fat. yeah cuase its nothing like it is today. Pitching was nothing like what it is today. but yet the batters are way stronger today. So I don't think you can totally compare the two. Plus how many years did Ruth Pitch and never swung a bat??? How many more HR's would he have? The Other Day ESPN was showing Hanks, Babes and Barrys up bats to Hr's. Babe Ruth had like Half as many Up-bats of Bonds and like 1/3 as many as Hank Aarons. I give credit to Bonds cause he has less then Hank Aarons cause he played until he was in Diapers.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
I can't wait for Barry to beat FN Fat A$$ Babe Ruth's record...

[Eek!] NEW FLASH [Eek!] , BABE RUTH DOES "NOT" HAVE A RECORD FOR HR'S [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I can't wait for Barry to beat FN Fat A$$ Babe Ruth's record...

[Eek!] NEW FLASH [Eek!] , BABE RUTH DOES "NOT" HAVE A RECORD FOR HR'S [Roll Eyes]
I think he meant that he will pass Babe Ruth's Recorded HR count. Not so much "The Record".

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com